2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 205 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:12 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies!

Well I was totally lazy tonight, so we had mcdonalds for supper. The two youngest just had their baths and are dancing to a cd. They are really into it because they think noone is watching. It's cute. Big ds is waiting to get on the computer. We have are computer in our dining area so we can monitor the computer. DH is at his meeting.

Jan I hope gd feels better for her birthday. At least you have peace of mind to know she's o.k. and isn't dehydrated. It has been gray and about 40 here. I'm hoping for some sunshine soon. Your dinner sounds good.

Grateful how funny. That must have been one heck of a hot flash. I hope your foot survived.

I hope you all have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 11:18 PM

What a busy day today was. I helped out at Target with a huge re-set of the card department. I worked there in between transporting kids. When I got home for the day, I mowed the yards. We had leftovers for dinner and then I went and did the grocery shopping.

Jan I hope your gd improves. I'm glad it's nothing serious. As for her father, I think a swift kick in the @$$ is in need. I wish he would realize that she is in the best possible place for her and just leave you alone.

Calme I hope your start feeling better.

Grateful you had me LOLing reading your hot flash story. Quite the visual I have of you

Cindy I'm glad your dd is feeling better.

Scrapper when are you going to see Celine? Sounds like you and dd had a fun shopping trip. That's one thing I missed about not having any girls, was the shopping trips.

I'm off to go to bed and get ready for tomorrow.
Unread 04-09-2008, 06:28 AM

Morning all...gosh, didn't sleep well at all last night and thought I would because I'd been up since 3:45. DH snored all night and I just couldn't rest. He was so grouchy about being sleepy that I wanted to just pop him a time or two. We do not sleep well together (except for game time LOL) I have really thought about moving into the other room so I can get some rest. He's the only one that sleeps well because he's snoring. I use earplugs and they still don't work. Okay, enough whinning...we had tacos and taquitos for dinner and tonight is chicken in some fashion.

I have a busy afternoon because I have to conduct a 1/2 day training session but I wore the wrong shoes for 4 hours of standing! Probably wouldn't be too professional to do it in my socks??

Lisa- you work so hard all the time, you must have a ton of energy. Send some to Oklahoma please! I agree about the swift kick in the *&%, speaking of which, when I was doing the naked screaming dance yesterday morning DH said 'I never realized it until then, but you're like 80% a--!!!' It's probably true but who wants to hear that at 3am??? MEN!!

Cindy- if I hadn't had a burger for lunch, we probably would've had McDonalds as well. I was feeling lazy too! That's cute about your babies dancing...

Jan- glad GD is on the mend I hope she has a truly special birthday.

Murph, quick, suki, Joan, Karen hope all is well with you guys and anyone else I missed!!!

Gotta run and get my decaf tea, will check in later...have a GREAT day for everyone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:27 AM

Good morning!

I'm debating what to do today. I need to give the upstairs a little cleaning, but I could also use a few things from Target, but probably not enough to justify driving 18 miles there and 18 miles back for a couple things. Decisions, decisions! lol
I'm having crockpot steak and gravy for dinner with mashed potatoes and some kind of veggie.

I forgot to tell my dd saga yesterday. She has a field trip coming up in a couple weeks to go to see a children's play and pizza after. It is a trip the k-4 do every year and it's really fun. DD and I were really looking forward to it.I have gone every year since big ds was in 1st gr. Anyhow they only have a handful of adult tickets every year. Well yesterday dd's teacher told her I wouldn't be able to go this year. She had to pick the first 3 students who handed their permission slip in. I don't think that is entirely accurate because I brought her to school a little early the day she turned it in. DD apparantly teared up in class, so her teacher told her "your mom goes every year, it's only fair we let other mom's go". When dd got in the van yesterday she just buried her head in my shoulder and cried. I had to sit in the parking lot for 15 minutes consoling her. She cried off and on all night last night and at bed she told me to make her teacher let me go. I feel so bad for her.

Lisa you had a busy day yesterday. I agree with grateful, you do have alot of energy.

grateful my dh and I do not sleep well together either. I would love to have my own little room and I could go visit dh on game night. In fact I have that little plan going on for when the kids are grown. DH doesn't know about it yet, but he'll get over it. No, hearing about what [email protected]# percentage you are is not something you want to hear anytime especially 3 am. If my dh said that I think I would have thrown the frozen ribs on his foot. lol

Well I'd better go decide what I'm doing. Have a great day ladies.
Unread 04-09-2008, 01:43 PM

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I've had a couple busy days. On Monday dd's orthodontist appt went well. She got pink & purple bands...they look pretty cool. That evening I went to the high school for a summer school meeting. It went well....questions were answered and they talked about the process and deadline dates. I turned in her application and on May 2nd I need to stop by the school to see if she got her 1st choice class or 2nd choice.

Yesterday dd auditioned for high school choir. She called me after school to tell me that it went well and that the choir director was pleased. he told her "looks like you will be part of choir next year." She was so happy. On april 22nd she finds out for sure if she made it.

I took her to her religious ed class last night then picked her up an hour later. I was going to drop her off at home and then head to the gym, but on the way home my youngest sister called to tell me that our dad had been rushed to the hospital because of his BP being high. I told her I was on my way as soon as I stopped to put gas (I was close to being empty). So after that dd and I left to go to the hospital. My sister called as we were on our way to tell me that he was back home. It turned out that it was his blood sugar that dropped and besides he forgot to take his meds and he had not eaten anything since lunch. My dad is diabetic and on dialysis so he really worried us. We visited with him for awhile and he had dinner. I told him that he needed to tell the head nurse and doctor today about what happened yesterday. I'm going to call him this evening.

Grateful - glad your headache has subsided. Is your BP high? I love your comment about matching your flowers...funny. You made me LOL with your cooling off in front of the freezer story. I hope your foot is ok.

Hyper - Yes, I love the kind of shopping trips where you find what you need and even better when the items are on sale. Oh your poor dd...just reading about it made me feel badly for her too. I agree, I wouldn't want to hear about how big my @#% is either.

Mrswillie- I hope your gd starts to feel better as the virus is in the last stages. Glad to hear the doctor says she is doing ok.

Lisa - You sure a busy with work these days. I think the date we see Celine is Nov. 30th. I'm looking forward to her perfornance.

Well ladies time for lunch. Hope your day is going well. Take care.
Unread 04-09-2008, 06:25 PM

Hi Ladies,

GD went to her Dad's so DH and I went out for dinner. We had ribs and they were great. I just wish I could relax. This thing with GD's dad has really got me stressed. He was a pain again tonight. I am so glad DH was here to deal with him.

Lisa I agree with the others. I wish I had 1/4 of your energy. Oh, and your warm weather. LOL!!

Grateful I know couples that are happily married but sleep apart and report it is the best thing they have ever done. I have to say when my DH is gone at night, I like the next morning when I can have the room to myself. I can dress with the lights on, put makeup on in the mirror etc. I would not mind my own room for that. I hope your feet made it through the presentation without too much discomfort!! Oh, and that a#% percentage, not necessary anytime of day. Noone knows our a*# % better than us and we don't need to be reminded of it at any hour!! I am sure it was the hot flash discofort that kept you from flinging frozen food at him.

Cindy that is so awful for you and your DD! That teacher sure could have handled that one better. I am sorry that you had to deal with that. I hope DD is doing ok now. That crockpot steak and gravy again. That sounds sooooooo delicous to me. Please enjoy an extra piece for me.

Scrapper your DD's braces sound so cute. I would have liked those so much better if they had them when I was a kid. That is fantastic about choir. I think she will really enjoy that. Those kinds of activities are so good for HS kids. That was a scare with your Dad. I hope everything went ok for him today.

Thank you for all the bday wishes for GD. I must have told you guys the wrong dates because her bday is not until the 17th, but that is coming up quickly. She seems to be doing better with the virus. I think the vomiting has past. Yay!!

Well, I have to do some more work on my project. I should get to it. Have a great evening!!
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:24 PM

Today was a windy day here. It is supposed to be 90 by the weekend. I am going to have to put my thermals away and bust out with my capris. I told dh tonight at dinner that tomorrow might be my last day wearing my thermals and he looked at me all crazy and said you aren't still wearing those, are you? I pulled my pants leg up so he could see them. He just rolled his eyes and said he would be dying in those things, so I guess it's time to put them away.

Grateful I love having our bedroom to myself. I sleep so much better. I am such a light sleeper and dh snoring was making me crazy. Now when he wants a visit he comes in and then leaves so I can sleep. Now it's just me and the cats in there at night.

Cindy I'm so sorry about your dd and her field trip. I know my boys would have reacted the same way. I went on every field trip they ever went on. I enjoyed each and every one of them.

Scrapper congratulations to your dd. How exciting! I'm glad your Dad is doing better now. How scary.

Jan I'm so sorry your having to deal with gd dad. Maybe we should round up the hystersisters posse and come to Illinois and pay him a visit. I really hope he matures and realizes that you are doing what is best for her right now. I'm glad she seems to be feeling better.

I need to go and finish up the laundry and clean up the kitchen. DH is going fishing tomorrow in the San Francisco Bay and will be leaving the house at 4:30AM. He is getting ready to go to bed right now. He enjoys the fishing part, but having to get up so early is not so appealing. I hope everyone has a great evening
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:36 AM

Good morning ladies!

Little ds had a dentist appt. this morning. He is excited because they gave him a tigger electric toothbrush this time. I really do like our dentist. They are so good with kids. It is gray and cold out and they are predicting a big snow for tomorrow. That is just so not fair. Maybe it will miss us. However, next week we could see upper 60's and maybe 70. DH and ds have slot cars tonight. I'm having grilled cheese and tomato soup for supper. DD is feeling a little better about the field trip. It's next Thursday, and I suspect she will be upset that morning. Thank you all for the support.

Scrapper that is great about the high school choir. I hope she makes it, but it sounds like she has. Her bands sound so cool. Our friends dd just got lime green bands. I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better.

Jan going out for ribs sounds good. My crockpot steak and gravy is so easy to make. It always turns out really tender. I'm glad gd seems to be at the end of her virus. I think Lisa's idea of us hystersisters coming there and paying him a visit is a great idea! Hang in there!

Lisa lucky you having your own room. Oh Lisa you crack me up with your thermals! I envy you having 90's for the weekend. I hope you can get out and enjoy it. I hope dh has fun fishing. Years ago my dh and oldest ds used to get up every Sat at 4am to go fishing. I went into labor with big ds right as they were getting up on one of their Saturdays. DH kept asking me are you sure? Are you sure it's not gas? Um no, sorry you're going to have to give up fishing for today!! lol

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:34 PM

Good morning ladies,

I spoke to my dad yesterday. He said he is feeling better although he sounded somewhat tired. He had dialysis yesterday. The nurse and doctor checked him. His blood sugar was 54 - low so they gave him some oj to help bring it up. It finally reached 112. They gave him some meds because he vomited yesterday which is part of the low sugars. So they are watching him and I'm calling him to make sure he is eating and taking his meds. Dd called him yesterday afternoon to see how he was. She is very attached to him as they babysat for me. She got scared because we lost my mom to diabetes complications and she was also on dialysis.

Mrswillie - how nice that you and dh got to go out for dinner - ribs sound so yummy. Yay that gd is getting better.

Lisa - yes, our weather is to heat up as well. Nice for being outdoors. Hope dh has fun on his fishing trip.

Hyper - it is great that your dentist is good with kids. I think that is so important. Glad to hear that dd is feeling a little better about the field trip. You're right on the day of the trip she may be upset.

Work is a little on the hectic side today. We are having a surprise baby shower today after lunch for one of the girls. they found out they are having a little boy.

Well hope everyone's day is going well. Tonight dd has church choir practice as they are singing on Sunday. Not sure what I'm doing for dinner tonight. I might pick up Subway sandwiches. Last night we had baked chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies and a slice of garlic toast.

Take care!
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:24 PM

Today was another busy day. I cannot wait for the weekend. At one of my stores they moved the card department last week. They didn't ask for help from our company, so needless to say the whole department is a mess. I spent a good part of today trying to fix it. We will have to do a whole department reset which I am not looking forward to. It should take 3-4 weeks for the new product and fixtures to arrive. In the mean time I will just try to keep it looking presentable.

Today it warmed up, so I didn't put on my thermals. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. Guess I'll just have to break down and put them up for the year

I dropped our taxes off this morning with the accountant. He called and said they were ready. Best news is that we don't have to pay this year He said we will get a small refund, but anything is better than having to pay. I will try and run by tomorrow and pick them up.

Tonight I plan on watching TV. I want to watch Wheel of Fortune because one of Andrews jr high teachers is going to be on. I don't know how much she ended up winning, but it will be exciting to see her on TV. Then Survivor is on at 8.

I'm not sure what I'm going to fix for dinner. Probably just a sandwich. DH will probably be home around 8, so he'll get a sandwich too if they didn't stop and get something on the way home.

I hope everyone enjoys their eveing.

PS. I just saw the weather forecast on TV and we are going to hit 90 by Sunday and then back in the low 60's by Wednesday, so I guess I won't put the thermals up just yet

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register