2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 206 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-10-2008, 07:39 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi everyone,

It is snowing here and it is so cold and windy. It's so windy, I had to use all my strength to push the screen door open to get out of the house. I just finished doing a grocery order, because I'm not sure how the roads will be tomorrow. Isn't that just sad to say that in April?! DH came home early from work. He is sick. He's running a 102 temp and is feeling sick to his stomach. I'm going to sleep in dd's room tonight, because I don't want to catch anything. I'm going to spend a little time with big ds and then off to bed.

Scrapper I hope your dad continues to get better. I'll send a prayer your way. I hope the baby shower went well. Subway sounds good.

Lisa can I borrow your thermals? lol When you do have to put them away, just think how happy you'll be to see them again next winter. Something to look forward to. Good for you not have to pay this year. We used to always get a small refund, but the last few years we always have to pay. Thats pretty neat that Andrew's teacher was on wheel of fortune. I would have watched if I would have read it earlier.

I hope you are all enjoying your evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 08:03 PM

Hi Ladies,

Wow it was a busy day. I got out of work late, and I had to take DD to the store, dinner, cleanup, bath for gd, this is the first chance I have had to relax. I am ready for bed! GD is alot better today. She ate, and she was in a happy mood. I think we are over the bug!! We had chicken breast and stir fry veggies. It is raining and cold here. It is supposed to turn to snow yuck!

Cindy that sounds like a great dentist you have. I am sorry about the snow. It is April, it has to quit soon! Grilled cheese and soup is another one of my favorites. I hope DH is ok. I hope it is just a 24 hour thing. I will keep my fingers crossed it does not spread.

Scrapper I am glad your Dad is ok. Your DD sounds like a real sweetheart. I imagine she gets concerned about your diabetes after watching your parents experiences. I am glad you take such good care of yourself, for both of you. I hope the baby shower was fun.

Lisa that is too bad about that display. It sounds like you have your work cut out for you. I should be finished with my project this weekend and I can not wait. I am swamped with reports too. Spring is always our busiest time, but this year is really crazy. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday!!

Well ladies enjoy your evening and sleep well!!
Unread 04-11-2008, 12:43 PM

Happy Friday ladies,

I'm so glad it is Friday...I had a hard time getting up this morning. I'm today. So looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

Last night was rather relaxing. Dd and I watched Biggest Loser and had dinner before I took her to choir practice. While she was at practice, I packed my breakfast & lunch, got my clothes ready for today and did a load of laundry. They are singing this Sunday at church. Her choir director was happy to hear that she will be joining HS choir.

We don't have much planned for the weekend. It's supposed to be nice and warm so may do some outdoor things.

Lisa - Regarding taxes - I agree any refund is better than having to pay. DH is working on ours so I don't know yet if we have to pay. Keep your thermals within reach with this crazy weather. It warms up and then it cools off again.

Hyper - Hope dh's bug doesn't last too long. I would sleep in another room myself. The baby shower was good...she was completely surprised. She got some very nice gifts...the clothes is so cute. It is odd to hear that you are still having winter weather in April. Seems like the colder weather has lasted longer.

Mrswillie - You certainly had a busy day. I wonder sometimes how we do it all...we're tired and still have a list of things to take care of. Glad to hear GD is much better. I take care of myself because I don't want to go through what my parents experienced with their diabetes.

It's nice out today so I think during lunch I'll take a walk to the bank. One less thing I will have to do after work.

Ladies enjoy your day and have a great weekend. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2008, 07:53 PM

Hi ladies!

The snow missed us, but it has been rainy and cold the last two days. I'm not exaggerating, it honestly feels like the dead of winter out there. I don't remember it being like this in the middle of April. I Think we might warm up a little over the weekend. They are still say a couple of 70's for next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. DH is still stick. He stayed home today. He didn't even attempt to do any work at home, so I know he must really feel bad. So we don't have any real plans for the weekend not knowing if he'll feel better. I need to go to target. I think me and the kids might do that tomorrow and let dh have some time to rest. The kids and I went to the library after school. Everyone is in bed except big ds. I think I'll spend a little time with him and then relax a bit before bed.

Jan I know you have to be glad it's Friday. I hope you have a chance to finish your project this weekend. That will be a relief for you.

Scrapper I hope you get to go out and enjoy your nice weather this weekend. Are any of your siblings diabetic? My grandson's mom is diabetic. She takes good care of herself as well. She did have some problems this past summer with her blood sugar and had to spend a day in the hospital. It's nice that your daughter is in the church choir. My dd will be able to sing in the junior choir at church next year.

I hope you are all having a nice evening and that we all can sleep in tomorrow.
Unread 04-12-2008, 08:04 AM

Hello

I was sooooo glad to sleep in this morning. Last night I fell asleep right after GD. DH had to wake me up and tell me to go up to bed.
I do have to finish the project this weekend, but I don't think it will take more than one day. I have to do laundry and straighten up this house some, at this point is so bad it is almost unhabitable. Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration, but it is driving me nuts!

I love the weekend for sleeping in, wearing sweats, and no makeup. When I have to have a weekend where I don't get to do those things I am dissappointed. So even though I have alot of stuff I have to do, I still get to do my favorite stress relievers.

Cindy I am very glad you did not get the snow. I thought you might. We are cold, dark, and rainy, and it is supposed to change to slush, but I don't know if it really will. I am hoping to go grocery shopping when GD goes to nap this afternoon, so I hope nothing changes before that. I hope your DH feels better soon. It is the worst when they are sick.

Scrapper I hope you did get to sleep in and are doing something fun and relaxing now. Please enjoy some sunshine for Cindy and me!!

Have a great day Ladies!!
Unread 04-12-2008, 05:21 PM

Hello all. Hope everyone is having a relaxing Saturday (well, Lisa you're probably working hard doing something! :O)).

Before I forget to ask, does anyone have a good meatloaf recipe? I want to make that for my Sunday dinner and have not done it in a while. I'd appreciate it!

Today was a semi-busy day. Cleaned up some around the house, and I emphasize the word some. Just wasn't in the mood. Slept in and it really did feel good. Ran a few errands but didn't do my full-blown grocery shopping. Decided not to this time. Some of it goes to waste so think I should learn to plan meals better so there is no waste. DH has slept on the sofa the last few nights and it's been wonderful. I have had some very good and much-needed rest. The separate bedrooms are looking better and better. He hates it but I suspect he'll learn to get over it.

Scrapper hope you enjoyed sleeping in and also enjoy the nice weather. DS and I love watching survivor as well. That was pretty funny about the fake immunity idol.

Cindy- I hope your DH feels better soon, that's a high temp for an adult. Surely spring is at least thinking about coming your way? You guys really need a break and a chance to enjoy some nice weather. Let's hope those 70's hit you next week.

Jan- sounds like you needed the rest, hope it helped. I hope you do a better job at cleaning than I did, mine was a pitiful attempt to say the least. Maybe tomorrow...glad little GD is feeling better. I hope you can find some time to finish your project. Oh, and whoever said that about the hystersister possee, count me in. LOL

Lisa- hope you get that display fixed. Sounds like they should have left that completly alone because the messed it up. That's great on the taxes. My tax lady did mine a while back and said, man you're getting a lot of money back but you're withholding too much. I'm like ummmm I asked you that and you're the one that told me what to withhold. She was like, oh, I did, I'm like yeah...

I made burgers and fries for DS and I and then he left for a friends house. DH is working late so I am going to get my new book I started and relax. Enjoy your evenings!!!
Unread 04-12-2008, 06:16 PM

Hi

Well I am pleased with my cleaning. The house looks, sooo much better. I went grocery shopping after I cleaned. It was so nice to come home to the house being tidy for the first time in at least 1 1/2- 2 weeks. It was nice to get home as it is cold and snowing out right now.

Youngest DD is home tonight. We had subway for dinner. We are going to put GD to bed by 8 and then we are going to watch The Memory Keeper's Daughter.

Grateful I am glad you got a few good nights rest. I felt so much better after sleeping in, I hope you did too. Burgers and fries, and having the house to yourself sounds great.
I don't have an actual meatloaf recipe or I would share it. I sort of throw it all together, no measurements. My DH smothers it all in catsup anyway, I could put rats tails in and he would not notice!!

Well GD's getting crabby so DD needs some help GTG.

Have a great evening!
Unread 04-12-2008, 08:40 PM

Hi ladies,

Today was a very cold day. It felt more like Jan. than April. The winds were fierce. DH is still not feeling well. This morning dh, dd, and little ds were all kind of laying around. DD was reading and ds was playing with his hot wheels. So I decided to make my target run. I took big ds with me. We stopped for lunch then target. On the way home we stopped and had a piece of pie. It was nice to spend some time alone with my son, especially now that he is getting older. I brought food home for the others, so I didn't have to cook.

Jan I'm glad you got your house cleaned. Miraculously, my house has been staying clean. Notice I said miraculously, because I sure don't know how. We have to have some nice weather soon! I'm glad you didn't have to cook either. Enjoy your movie.

Grateful I'm glad you've been getting sleep. Burgers and fries sound good. I'm like Jan I pretty much throw everything in without measuring, but I do one thing you might try. I mix bbq sauce, brown sugar, and ketchup together and I baste it before I put it in the oven. About 20 minutes before it's done I baste it one more time. I also put a little bbq sauce in when I'm mixing the meatloaf together. It really does taste good. I'm sorry I can't give you measurements for the sauce, I just been doing it so long I don't measure anymore.

Lisa and Scrapper I hope you had a nice day with your lovely weather.

I hope you all have a good evening.
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:29 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well I was a bit nervous this morning since I knew GD dad is coming today and I was not sure DH would be home in time. DH is home in plenty of time. Idon't have to worry now. I know it is reidiculous that the guy gets me so worked up, but he is Mr. Control and knows exactly what to do. Obviously he has been bullying people for years. I told one of my colleagues a complete profile of him, an assessment really, as if he was one of our clients. He was surprised that with my knowledge of exactly what behaviors he was using and why that he could still get to me. He is right, but when you are emotionally impacted it is hard to control even when you know completely what is going on.

I made a pot of chili that is simmering right now. When GD leaves I have to get back on that project. Ireally want to finish it up today because I am sick of having to work on it. I hope you all are having more fun than I will be working today!!

Cindy I hope DH is feeling better today. What kind of pie did you have??
Unread 04-13-2008, 02:48 PM

I haven't been online all weekend and decided to jump on and say hi!!

Today dh is dirt bike riding. I was supposed to go, but yesterday the wife of the other couple we were going with backed out, so I decided to stay home. She and I usually ride together, because we go at about the same speed. I would have held the guys up too much, so I stayed home. Dh still wanted me to go, but I think it's better that only the guys went. I have a bunch of stuff I still need to do around the house. I plan on going out soon and working in the backyard. It is supposed to be 90 today. If it's too hot out there I will be right back in the house.

Andrew and I went out to breakfast this morning. I was really hungry and didn't feel like fixing anything so we went to Denny's. We both had 2 pieces of strawberry covered french toast, scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon and sausage. I am still stuffed.

Tomorrow kicks off the "Week of the Young Child" here. After I drop off my morning kids I have to take 5 of the pre-schoolers to city hall for the opening ceremonies. The 5 were preselected and will be reading a poem for the Mayor, the Chancellor of our University, and other important people in our community. I will take the day off tomorrow from my card job. I will pretty much be tied up all day at the preschool.

We had a drive by shooting right around the corner from my sisters house on Friday night. One died at the scene and 3 others were airlifted out of here. I heard that yesterday another one died. It is a such a tragedy. My sister was out in her front yard and heard all the gunshots. I have a scanner and heard the call go out, so I called her right away and she was screaming. She said she was so scared when she heard all the shots. I sure hope they catch the responsible person for this.

Jan I hope that your gd father didn't cause any problems today. I hope you get your project completed.

Cindy I hope your dh is feeling better. Not fun having a sick dh.

Grateful I don't have a meatloaf recipe either. I'm like the others and just throw stuff in as I go.

Well I'm going to go change into my shorts and a tank top and get out back. I can't believe I said shorts and not thermals LOL. I hope everyone has a great rest of their day. I am so excited for Desperate Housewives to come back on tonight

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register