2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 207 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-13-2008, 03:19 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies!

Today is finally sunny and 46. We went out for lunch earlier. I have a pot of stew simmering for supper. Dh is feeling much better today. DD and little ds are cleaning their room and big ds is doing homework. We are going to take the kids to dairy queen after supper.

Jan don't let him intimidate you. That only feeds his power over you. I know that's easy for me to say and I understand how you feel. I'm glad dh made it home in time and I hope things went well. I hope you get the project done. Chili sounds good. I'll have to make a pot soon. We had hershey sundae pie.

Lisa sorry to hear about the shooting. It is so sad when that happens. I'm glad your sis is o.k. I think that's a neat thing you get to do with the preschoolers. I love to go out for breakfast. We always go to perkins when we do breakfast. I don't know if you have one, but it's similar to Dennys. I'm so proud of you for shedding your thermals. lol Enjoy your nice weather.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 06:50 PM

Hi Ladies,

I finished!! My DH took me to Tastee freez to celebrate. I am so happy to be done.

DH dealt with GD's dad and he was not too bad today. I know you're right Cindy but he still upsets me. I'll try to keep your words in mind next time I have to deal with him.

Lisa your breakfast sounds delicous. I love going out to breakfast. GD's school is having lots of activiites this week to celebrate Week of the young child as well. I am so glad your sister is ok. That must have been awful for you both. I hope you enjoyed your yard today.

Cindy I am glad DH is feeling better. Hershey sundae pie sounds great! Even though I have to say my twist waffle cone satisfied my sweet tooth for the night.

Well I am going to spend some time with DH. Have a great evening!!
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:10 PM

I finished up working in the yard. It wasn't too hot out there. I got a lot of weeds pulled and then I sprayed the rest with round-up. It would take me days to get it all done.

Dh still isn't home, so I'm bored. I am expecting them around 8. I am just now getting hungry from breakfast. I think I'll just fix a sandwich for dinner.

Jan I'm so glad that you finished your project. I'm glad that gd father wasn't too bad. Just holler if you need that posse to come and straighten him out. It will take me a few days to drive out there, but I will stop along the way and pick up the others if you need us

Cindy your stew sounds yummy. I'm glad your dh is feeling better. I love dairy queen. We don't have one around here anymore.

I'm going to go and eat now and then finish up my chores. I want to be all done by 8:00 with everything, so I can just sit and watch TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 06:07 AM

Good morning!

Today is my hot lunch day and dd has dance tonight. The sun is starting to peek out. Sunshine always makes me feel good. Last night we had supper and went to dairy queen as promised. I talked to my mom for over an hour. She lives in MO so we don't get to talk too often.

Jan I'm glad you got your project done!! I'm also glad gd's dad wasn't too bad. We don't have tastee freeze here, but we had them in Mo when I was growing up.

Lisa It sounds like you had a busy day in your yard. I bet is gorgeous. I hope you got to relax last night.

It's almost time to wake the kids. Have a good day everyone!
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:04 AM

Morning all. Well I didn't get to make the meatloaf. Sinuses started bothering me and got the chills, so DH made me some ginger root tea with lemon and honey and I got under the electric blanket after church. I do feel better today. That ginger root tea really does work wonders. I'm sipping on the last of it right now. It's no wonder I can't get well, the weather here is so nuts, it's hard to believe. Right now it's 30 degrees. I'm gonna be really ticked off if my flowers die!!! I brought my large planters in last night. The flowers looked okay today so let's hope they survive the crazy oklahoma weather.
Jan- yippie on getting the project done! That was making me tired!!! LOL. Glad you didn't have any trouble with dumb a--. Your DH should jack him up against the wall and have a man-to-man conversation with him.

Lisa, I'm all up for the posse ride and I believe I'm on the way to Jan's. If not, I'll meet you in wherever. I saw on the news that you guys were having some high temps and that they are supposed to be headed our way. I sure hope so! Guess you should put the thermals away. I love the HOT weather. Matter-of-fact, the hotter the better. 104 is about ideal for me! Burns off all the allergins and makes all the crazy people stay inside. That is horrible about the shooting. It's amazing me how much of that is going on across the nation. School shootings, parents killing kids, drive-by's. What a mess. I hope they catch the people responsible and that your sister is okay. That could really be traumatizing. That is really exciting for the little ones to get to read for the mayor, hope you guys have fun!

quick- glad your DD made the choir. I am glad your dad is fine. Hope you had a relaxing weekend and did some fun things.

cindy-good that your DH is feeling better. enjoy the sun, hope it brings more nice weather your way. My mom lives in Dallas and I probably call her 2-3x a week. She's a hoot. Always cussing someone out. As long as it's not me, I'm okay with it. I try my best to stay on her good side.

Karen, murph, Joan, suki, sas- YOU GUYS OKAY???? Let us know...

Well gotta run and get some work done. DH may get a job offer this week, which would be nice. He needs a break. DS has a big math test today, so here's to him remember how to factor polynomials!!! He has a project to turn in today for AP english. Glad I read it over last night, it was not very good. He always does the minimum to get by and it drives me nuts...oh well...have wonderful days!!! TTYL
Unread 04-14-2008, 03:27 PM

Hello ladies,

I happily turned in my project this morning. No feedback yet. I worked on paperwork most of the day and got tons done. It made me tired but I am proud of my progress. I picked GD up from daycare and I started supper. I put some sweet potatoes in to bake. We are going to have that with some ham and corn.

Cindy we have a Tastee Freeze and a Dairy Queen. For a small town we have alot of ice cream lovers! That was nice you got to catch up with your mom.

Grateful how do you make ginger root tea? Does it come as a blend or is it something homemade? I am glad it made you feel so much better. MY DH gets alot of sinus troubles. I should learn how to make it for him. I like your new name for GD's dad from now on I wil refer to him as dumb a. One of these days I may call Lisa and you to round up that posse I will keep my fingers crossed for DH to get an offer and DS to remeber the polynomial factoring!

I need to get at supper. TTYL.
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:48 PM

Hi ladies!

It's been a long day. Little ds is sick now. He has been throwing up since this afternoon. I'm concerned about him getting dehydrated. He's been drinking alot, but it comes right back up. He's in bed sleeping, but I have a feeling it will be a long night. I warmed up left over stew for dinner. DH left work and picked up the kids from school then went back to work. That was nice. He only works about 15 mins. from our town, so it's convenient for times like this. He has a great boss, who's always supportive when something like this comes up. DD had dance tonight, she got her pictures back and they turned out really nice. Well I'm going to try to relax a bit, because I'll probably be up with ds throughout the night.

grateful I'd also like to know about the ginger root tea. I could use a good home remedy like that. Like Jan's dh I have alot of trouble with my sinuses. I hope dh gets the job offer. Good luck to ds on the polynomials. My ds is the same way with only doing the minimum. It's frustrating.

Jan I'll be part of that posse. Whenever you're ready! You should be proud of your progress!! I know that has to be a huge burden off your shoulders.

I hope you are all enjoying your evening.
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:58 PM

Good evening everyone.

Yesterday it was 94 and this evening it's very windy and in the low 60's. I have a feeling I will have to put the thermals back on tomorrow. Anything under 65 and on they go. By Thursday it is supposed to be back in the 80's. Crazy, crazy weather.

Today we had fun at City Hall with the kids. When I went in to get the 5 kids I was taking, they were all excited to go in "Miss Lisa's" Van. They always see me taking the older kids and they enjoyed our little outing. They were very well behaved on our excursion.

Cindy I'm sorry your little one is sick now. Enough with the bugs.

Grateful I'm glad that your sinuses are better now. I have been dealing with a stuffy nose lately. I think it's because of allergies. Our pollen count here is very high.

Jan I'm glad you got your project turned in. What a relief that must have been. Just holler when you need that posse. I'm not sure if Grateful is closer to me or Cindy. I'll need to figure out my route when you need us. They only problem is I'm really terrible with directions. This could make for an interesting road trip.

I went and picked up our taxes today. I was pleasantly surprised with our refund. We have been talking about planning a trip to Disneyland this summer and now we can do it.

My nephew heard from the Cardiologist about his latest test. The news was very good. He doesn't have what they were originally suspecting. My sister was so happy. He doesn't have to have the invasive procedure they were talking about. He doesn't need to be seen again for 6 months.

I need to run and get the kitchen cleaned up. Then feed and medicate the dogs for the night. After that I'm putting my sweats on and enjoying some TV before going to sleep.
Unread 04-15-2008, 04:49 AM

Hi All.

Cindy I am sorry for little DS!! I hope he was able to rest some last night. I hope this goes quick like whatever DH had. Hang in there. I am glad DD's pictures came out so cute.

Lisa that is terrific news about your nephew!! Sounds like all your tax work paid off. Disneyland will be fun.

I have to get ready for work. TTYL.
Unread 04-15-2008, 06:39 AM

Morning ladies...it supposed to be 72 here today and I can't wait. I have a busy day of meetings mostly about nothing but I guess that's what they pay me for. Had to finally give in and have some game time last night with DH, he was starting to turn every conversation into sex. Like hey honey can you pass me the salt and he's like oh yeah baby I'll pass you something alright (his idea of foreplay). I'm like gross. It was getting to be too much, so I was like okay, hell just do it!!! Of course it was fine but I hate to tell him, his foreplay is really, really a turn off!!! LOL

The ginger root tea is easy. You just get a ginger root from the produce section (looks like a claw or something). I wouldn't get them from the health food store b/c they cost WAY more. Anyway, cut off a chunk about the size of your middle finger. Peel it and chop it into about 1/2" pieces. Put in a pot of water (medium size pot). Bring to a boil then turn it down and steep it for about 20 minutes. You'll be able to smell it when it starts to really cook down. Then just squeeze 1/2 a lemon in and honey to taste. It really is good for you and works great for congestion, lemons are really good for that too. It will kind of taste like pepper which is why the honey goes in but that pepper taste lets you know it's gonna break up that sinus crap...oh, on the honey, DH says to always use raw honey.

dinner was SO good last night. DH bbq'd chicken but he also made some asparagus a different way. He got the cast iron skillet and put it on the grill with some bacon and cooked the asparagus in that with kosher salt and squeezed some lemon over it. I also made fresh corn, pulled back the husks and mixed some butter, italian seasoning and ground mustard and put on the corn, wrapped them back up in the husks and put on the grill. Very good...

Cindy- sorry little DS is sick, I hope he feels better. Throwing up is always a bad deal with the dehydration. I'm sending him a hyster hug!! That's good that DH can have a flexible job like that. All employers should be that way. Hopefully you got some sleep.

Jan-hopefully you'lll get an A on the project! I am really starting to love sweet potatoes. I think you may have changed my mind on tonights dinner.

Lisa- how fun for your little kiddies to get to ride in Miss Lisa's van. Kids are so cute, especially when they behave! Congrats on the refund and as hard as you work, you deserve 2 trips to Disneyland! Enjoy that trip!!! That is wonderful news about Andrew, I'm sure your sister is relieved. Sometimes doctors can scare the mess out of you for no reason. You probably won't be able to put your thermals away for a while with this weather...

Well, DS made a 91 on his math test!! I was very proud of him. It was the standardized testing they do which means he's actually retaining some information. This year for the first time, the math test was electronic, so they got their scores back instantly. The others he'll have to wait until May for.

Well better run and read some stuff for my 8:30 meeting with legal. I love lawyers 1st thing in the morning, they're so chipper!!

Here's to FANTASTIC days for us all!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register