2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 211 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-24-2008, 05:44 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies!

They predicted the weather right. It rained all day and about 20 degrees cooler. DS got home from camp tonight. He is really tired. He told me a little about it, but I'm sure he'll have much more to tell me tomorrow. It sounds like they had a good time. DH went to slot car racing tonight. We had breakfast for supper.

Scrapper busy evening. Bring home food sounds like a good idea. I know what you mean, when they're involved in more than one activity you have to make sure they don't conflict.

Jan I know you're probably just busy, but I hope everything is o.k. your way.

Lisa are you feeling better yet? I hope so!

I hope you all have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 07:51 PM

I'm baaaaack I finally feel like I am going to live again. I ended up going to the Dr. on Tuesday morning. On Monday night I was running a 102 fever. I have a sinus infection, bronchitis and the start of an ear infection. This knocked me out for almost a week. Now I am left with this HORRIBLE cough. I woke up at 1AM and couldn't catch my breath from coughing. I sure hope tonight is better. I returned to work today. I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday

I have sure missed keeping in contact with you ladies. I was just too wiped out to get on the computer.

DH and I are planning on going to visit Matthew on Saturday. I hope I keep improving, so we can still go for the day. Matthew is excited that we are coming and wants to go to Morro Bay for lunch. It should be a fun day. I'll have all day Sunday to rest up for next week.

Jan I did check out Sadies birthday pictures and they are adorable.

Karen it was good to hear from you. Happy belated birthday to you and your dd.

Scrapper I hope your swelling lessens for you.

Grateful it sounds like you have been very busy.

Cindy I'm glad your ds had a safe trip. Sorry your weather changed so dramatically. We are supposed to heat up starting tomorrow. Highs in the mid 80's for the weekend. If we head over to the coast on Saturday it will be cooler there.

I hope everyone has a great evening. I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still kickin...
Unread 04-24-2008, 10:09 PM

Hi Ladies,

It has been very crazy around here. Things spiraled with oldest DD. Yesterday was the final straw with her drinking, irresponsibility, and such. We had to ask her to leave. Gd went to her Dad's last night and spent the night. He is letting her stay here for now per our DD's request, but of course that will probably be a day by day , week by week worry with that guy. I will be heartbroken if we lose the ability to visit with GD, but we had to take action. She actually stole from us. This is quite difficult to process, and talk about, but I knew I could vent here, and I wanted to let you ladies know what was going on. I am wiped and need to head to bed, but I wanted to say hello first.

Take care and sleep well. I will check back tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 11:04 PM

(((Jan and family)))
I'm so sorry that your having such a difficult time right now. I wish there was something I could do to help you out. Just know that we are all here for you. Please check in when you can.
I hope you are able to get some rest tonight.
Unread 04-25-2008, 05:57 AM

Good Morning!

It is still raining and cooler. Tommorrow afternoon is dd's spring recital for dance. Sunday the Sunbeams host coffee hour at church, so dd and I will go to early church and help with coffee hour. I'm going to put some beef ribs in the crockpot to simmer.

Lisa I'm so glad your better! We missed you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be well enough to visit Matthew. It sounds like a fun day.

Jan I am so sorry you and your family are having all of this trouble. I will keep you all in my prayers. As Lisa said, please know that we are here for you!

I hope everyone has a good day.
Unread 04-25-2008, 02:18 PM

mrs willie, i am thinking of you and your family and hope dd sorts her drinking out.

It is overcast here in bay of plenty,nz . hubby and DS (12) have gone to cart fruit.
I had my brother and his family visit yesterday and it was a lovely day.

In a few weeks it's my cousins 21st so i want to go to that and as hubby will be busy with kiwifruit my brother and sister in law are taking me down to the 21st, about a 6hr drive to Levin, Levin is about an hour north of capital of nz (wellington)
It will be our first big family get together in years.
karen
Unread 04-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Hi ladies!

It was a cold and rainy day. I just stayed in today and got the house in order this morning, then played with ds until it was time to pick up the kids from school. Tonight we had a relaxing evening watching t.v. Tomorrow is dd's dance recital. I'm going to catch up on a show I have taped on tivo and then off to bed.

Karen I love family get togethers. I hope you have fun on yours. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your brother and his family.

Jan I hope things are going o.k. on your end. I've been thinking about you today. What you did with you dd is the right thing and for her own good. When my oldest son was younger he had similar problems, but no child yet. We had to ask him to leave. But he finally gained some maturity he cleaned up his act. He met his girlfriend shortly after and I have a 4yr old grandson. He works hard everyday and is doing well. My only wish is that they would get married. But that is their decision to make. I wanted to tell you that, to maybe offer you some hope with your dd. Your all in my prayers.

Lisa I hope you're feeling well enough to make the trip to see your Matthew.

I hope everyone is having a good evening.
Unread 04-25-2008, 09:52 PM

TGIF

I had a very busy day. Trying to play catch up after being down for a few days. My house is still a disaster, but who cares???? I will have Sunday to tackle it. We are leaving in the morning to visit Matthew. I am feeling a lot better. I have one more antibiotic to finish up tomorrow. I'll be glad to be done with these pills.

I went to the store tonight and bought some of Matthews favorites and will surprise him tomorrow with food. I am going to bake a batch of brownies when I get off of here. He's like his Mom and loves his chocolate.

Cindy it sounds like you got a lot done around your house this morning. I'm hoping I can report the same on Sunday. Good luck to your dd on her recital tomorrow.

Karen your family get together sounds like fun.

Jan I hope you had a good day. I am sending good thoughts your way

Well I better go get those brownies in the oven. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Unread 04-26-2008, 09:05 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am sorry I did not post yesterday but by the time work was over I was drained. I went to bed early and DH got up with GD and let me sleep. I slept for 12 hours! Now I am feeling better. Yesterday we talked to the daycare, changed our bank accounts, and our locks. So today things feel much less stressful. I am going to get dressed and DH and I are going to take GD to Sam's Club. I will do the cleaning and lundry tomorrow when dumb a takes GD. I am trying not to worry about that in advance, because today is about relaxing and destressing for us.

Once again, thank you all for your support!! I really would be so lost without you ladies. Cindy thank you for sharing your story with me. It really helps to have hope.

Karen I have never seen a gold kiwi only the green. I will be wondering now if what I am eating came from you! Have a great time on your trip. Big family get togethers usually turn out to be fun.

Lisa I am glad you are done with the meds and feeling better. Have fun with your Matthew and enjoy that chocolate!!!!

Cindy I hope DD has a wonderful recital. BTW, the rain has stopped for now but it is supposed to be cold her (50's) for the next 3 days. I want our spring back! This cold can't last long now, it is going to be May for pity sakes!!

Have a wonderful day!! TTYL
Unread 04-26-2008, 09:26 AM

Morning ladies...I took a day off yesterday and it was the best thing I could have done. I really needed to be alone and just have some time to do personal errands. It's amazing what you can get accomplished if you don't have the daily grind of working. I was able to get a lot done and even was able to think clearly about a lot of stuff that had been weighing on my mind. Must have been the week for family issues. DH did not get the job and let's just sum the aftermath of that up to one word 'meltdown'. It has been so hard on him but I think it's a combination of things. One thing came to me yesterday while I was walking aimlessly around Home Depot- it's his resume. He's inflated some things (in my opinion) and he needs to just be real about it all. Anyway, we talked and hopefully he'll get it fixed otherwise he'll stay stuck right where he is. Part of me is unsure if he wants to stay married or not, he says I don't need him because I pay all of the bills myself. That's true but it's because he can't get the right job and I can't let things go to pot in the meantime. I did buy this house on my own and that was a rub for him but we were paying rent in a duplex when I knew I could afford more, plus it made no sense from a tax perspective. I tend to be more of a logical thinker and he's a dreamer. Dreaming is for people that sleep! I just will hang in there...

Do have a funny. I did tell him the 80% a-- thing hurt my feelings and he was like why? Tweety bird was 99% head and his life turned out fine!!! I had to laugh on that one...
This weekend is our pastor's 21st anniversary and we're celebrating all weekend. We had church last night, went by myself. The service was really good. Tonight we're having a banquet of mexican food (my favorite) and tomorrow we've invited a church from Wichita to come so we'll have an extra service we'll have to go back to at 3:30. His wife died when she was 43 and it's been really hard on him and the boys so this is a time in the year where we can just love on them extra. The weather here is nuts as usual. It was 87 the other day, then 65 yesterday. Supposed to get down to 39 tonight and be in the upper 80's by next week. NUTS!!!

Jan- So sorry to hear about your situation with DD but I echo everyone else, you did the right thing. You hang in there and know I'm praying for you. Have a great, relaxing day with NO stress, you deserve it. Just take that all one day at a time and don't even give dumb a another thought. Sadie is very lucky to have you and DH, keep doing the right thing.

Cindy- sounds like DS had fun at camp and you didn't miss him too much. I hope the recital goes perfectly. I keep sending spring thoughts your way but I must be doing something wrong. LOL. I'm with Jan, next week will be MAY!!!

Lisa- glad you're back among us. Matthew should enjoy his food surprise. You're a good mom. Have a great trip and be careful. Enjoy your time with him!!! Plus, I know you'll be up and at 'em early Monday!

Karen- enjoy your visit with your family. I'm like Jan, never seen anything but green kiwi. You should send us all a sample LOL so we can try it.

Scrapper- glad to hear from you. You have been very busy. I hope the doctor gets that swelling under control for you. I'm glad you checked in!!

Well, gotta run my Saturday errands. Will try to check back in before the banquet!!!

I did email everyone that had been missing a few days ago to let them know we were concerned about them. I hope they're all doing well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register