2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 213 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies!

You all must be busy today. DH and little ds just went to pick up dd from dance. It was cold today. I think I told you how the 7th grade parents are planning the 8th grade graduation banquet. I got elected to handle the food. Yay me! Anyhow I've been making and receiving phone calls all day for pricing and catering and etc. I made burgers and fries and the kids were thrilled. How am I going to beat that for tomorrow's supper. When they get home it will be about time to put the 2 little ones to bed. Then hopefully a little relaxing time. I've been really tired today. I hope I can catch up on some sleep tonight.

Jan when you get a chance check your p.m.

Lisa I hope your feeling good today.

I hope everyone had a good day and will have a nice evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 06:54 PM

Warning...Whinefest ahead, so feel free to skip this post.

I am sooooo sick again I don't think I am ever going to feel normal again. I woke up at 4AM with a terrible earache. I got into the Dr. this morning and I have a very bad infection in my right ear. I was in the kitchen at 4:30AM crying my eyes out. I would take the pain of childbirth over an ear infection any day. I am now on my second antibiotic and some ear drops. Once I stopped the first antibiotic on Saturday this ear infection ran wild. All I want is some sleep. I am hoping that tonight I will get some. My chest feels like an elephant is laying on it, so I'm back using my inhaler. It feels like I am coughing up my lungs. I hope by tomorrow I am starting to feel better. I can see how people get really depressed when they get sick. Oh well, at least the weather is nice, so that does help some.

Jan I hope that things work out for you, dh and Sadie. I have had you in my thoughts.

I'm off now to lay back on the couch. I am never going to take feeling good again for granted. I hope everyone has a great evening
Unread 04-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Hi Ladies,

Lisa I am so sorry about your ear!! I know that kind of pain and I understand your tears. I am glad you got into the doctor. I hope the meds helped enough for you to sleep. I hope you can get some time off to rest and heal.

Cindy you will plan a great banquet. I am certain of it. My yougest DD made dinner tonight for a Home ec project. She made a chicken/rice/veggie/skillet dish that was very good. Burgers and fries is hard to beat. Around here the only thing that my kids like as well is pasta.

Well ladies I am going to have some tea and hit the sack. I have a full work schedule this week, really busy.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we all sleep well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2008, 03:50 AM

mrs willie keep fighting for gd, and hope all turns out well soon.
hyperhyster that sounded like a lot of work preparing the food, i would not be good at organising something like that, but for a small group of guides i can put on a camp so that's something i think.

we are having a water bomb at the moment, that is a storm and it is carrying on til friday i think. we have had months of no rain or little of it anyway, so it is dumping on us now.

Lisa i know how your earache would be making you miserable, the last one i had was my first year in highschool and mum thought i just didn't have many friends and wouldn't let me have a few days off school, i never felt so bad in all my life and spent a few days in sickbay. I would never let my kids go to school like that, i know she wanted us to be tough but gosh i think i would have healed much quicker at home. I think it was about day 3 she took me to the doctor.

so take care of yourself and rest i say.
karen
Unread 04-29-2008, 04:27 PM
6 Months Post Op

Anyone out there? I'd like to chat with some of you ladies that have had their operation around the same time as me. How are you all feeling? I was wondering if anyone has swelling above their incision still. Mostly when I do alot of physical activity (bending) I bulge. Other than that I feel great (most of the time). I'd love to hear from you.
Unread 04-29-2008, 07:53 PM

Hi ladies!

Today little ds and I ran errands. We had a fun day out. It was cold but sunny which helped. As I was driving, out of the blue, I was thinking how fantastic it is not to have periods anymore. I guess I thought of it because before it would be hard for me to go shopping and not have to carry a suitcase full of tampons and pads! lol We had steak and gravy for supper. Me and the kids straightened the downstairs after dinner and watched a little t.v. before baths and bed. I'm going to relax a bit and head off to bed.

Aww Lisa I'm sorry about your earache. I was so hoping you would be tellling us you were feeling better. Take good care of yourself. I hope this second round of antibiotics will get you better. I'll be sending healing thoughts your way.

Karen I'm sure the rain is good for your orchard.

Jan I hope you weren't too busy at work today and found some time to relax this evening. Thanks for the encouragement regarding the banquet.

Scrapper and Grateful I hope your week is going well.

Mustang I am feeling really good. I don't even feel like I've had the surgery anymore. we'd love to have you here, but you might also want to post on the support message board and see if anyone there could answer any questions you have. Please feel free to keep coming here to our little group.

I hope you are all having a great evening.
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:23 AM

Hi ladies,

I did not feel well yesterday I think the stress is taking a toll. Today is a new day and I am hoping to feel better.

I agree about being period free!! It took me about 5 months to feel so good, but at this point I am enjoying the benefits and would highly recommend it to anyone else who was in my place.

Karen thank you. I hope your storms give way to some sun soon.

Lisa I hope you are resting and feeling better.

Cindy I hope you were relaxing last night and awake to a sunny warm day today!!

Make it a great day ladies!!
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:21 AM

Good morning ladies!

Today is sunny and not so bad temp wise. Little ds has a dentist appt. this morning. He had sealants put on half of his teeth last week and is having the other half done today. Then I have to run and exchange something I bought yesterday. I'm not sure what I'm making for supper tonight.

Jan I'm sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday. Stress can take a toll. I hope you are feeling better today and I hope you also are having some sunshine today. That always seems to brighten my mood.

I hope all of you ladies have a good day!
Unread 04-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Hello ladies,

I'm doing well just been busy. Work is very hectic so I try to post but always have interruptions. By the time I get home, I"m tired after getting dinner done and cleaned up, etc.

Remember when I told you ladies that dd was struggling with her algebra class - well those students that were struggling got extra help. We got her report card yesterday - she got an A. We were so excited...we were both yelling and I gave her a big hug and congratulated her. I've been on top of her with her homework..it is paying off...yeah!!!!

I saw the orthopedic doctor yesterday for my knee. They took some xrays and he said that I hve arthritis but that it is being aggravated by my lower back problems. He is requesting an MRI as well.

Lisa - i'm sorry you have been so sick. I hope this round of antibiotics helps in getting you back to 100%. Take care and get your rest. By the way, your day with Matthew sounded lovely.

Karen - your orchard sounds lovely...I know it keeps you busy.

Mrswillie - I'm sorry that the stress is affecting you. Hang in there - I know it is tough...sending you prayers. Thanks for sharing the background of dd & dumb A. It is a shame that neither of them are ready to be good parents. he needs to understand that Sadie is in the best care with you and dh. Hope your day was better today.

Hyper - hope all went well with your outing to the dentist today for ds. I agree it is great not having a period. I have to remind dd to tell me when she needs her pads, etc. as I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Well I have to finish one more thing before I leave for the day. Have a great night.
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:12 PM

I'm just checking in real quick to let you all know I'm still alive. My cough has gotten really bad the past couple of days. If I have another bad night tonight, I am going back to the Dr. tomorrow. I hope I don't have pneumonia now. I just can't get a break from this bug.

I'll try and catch up on the posts tomorrow. I just need to get back to bed now and try and get some rest. I have never coughed so much in my life

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register