2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 216 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 05-05-2008, 06:11 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

i had made plane scones, noone likes date scones except me, I made them for dd and her friend and me for lunch after dd had passed her camper badge, next thing hubby,son, brothernlaw and DD friends dad arrived, so they vannished. I made sure we got ours first though.

gratefulme you had a big job with the cleaning, i have those days when i go into the kids rooms and they love it tidy, but it lasts about 2days. I try getting them to do it but they only half do it. They take after my sister who i used to share a room with, i always had my side lovely and her side well, don't open up that wardrobe mum! once everything fell out on mum, at least sister tried i guess.
i am gardening and have a way to go yet to get rid of the weeds. and going to bake some apple muffins first, i made some yesterday but this household vacums them and yes everyone turned up again. they must love my baking.
karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 08:35 AM

Good morning ladies!

It is really nice out right now. Sunny and supposed to be 80. But they are predicting thunderstorms for later this afternoon. DH is having laser surgery this afternoon to remove scar tissue from his cataract surgery he had last year. When he had his cataract surgery the doc said he was one of the youngest patients he's had to have a cataract. He did warn him about possible scar tissue. After his surgery he'll have to go back to his optometrist to have his prescription adjusted for his glasses. I think I might take little ds to the park while it's nice. I really need to clean, but there's always tomorrow! We're going to have leftovers for supper.

Karen I'm guessing your good at baking and that's why everyone vacuums up those goodies! Funny story about you and your sister sharing a room. I'm sure you mum wasn't very happy when she opened up that wardrobe. I will go in to my kid's rooms and it looks nice and clean, until I look under their beds. They tend to shove everything they don't want to put away under the bed.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:41 AM

Hello ladies,

Sounds like everyone had busy weekends. Ours was good and productive as well. We worked on dd's room and got the curtain rod and curtains up on the closet. Then we had a Target run to do and found curtains for the 2 windows. so her room looks nice. Next step is going through her clothes and shoes. Also got to relax and watch TV...caught up on some of my shows.

She brought the DVD from the DC/NY trip yesterday. Each student got a dvd that was part of the trip package. We watched it last night....they did a nice job and we enjoyed it and were laughing, remembering parts of the trip. She was in several pictures and she pointed out to me "there you are mom." So I'll have to sit and watch it again.

Hyper - the menu for the banquet sounds good. It's overwhelming when there is lots of work involved but in the end it all turns out well. You did have a busy weekend but fit in some fun too.

Mrswillie - glad to hear that prom turned out nice. I love seeing the kids all dressed up. That is grea that it didnt' rain. I'm going to take a look at the pictures. Is dd graduating this year?

karen - congrats to dd on getting her badge!! Yummy scones and apple muffins....no wonder your baked goods vanish...they love it.

Grateful - wow you really did some major cleaning...no wonder you're tired. WE did that too in the living room and dining room. As you said "stuff" everywhere.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great day. I'm leaving work 30 minutes early today as dd has a dentist appt - 6 month checkup and cleaning. She was there yesterday for an orthodontist appt. Too bad these doctors can't have the same schedules and be there on the same day. Poor thing has to be there 2 days in a row.

Have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 09:31 PM

Hi Ladies,

Busy day around here but I just did not feel right not checking in, as I have been wanting to get on all day!

Grateful thank you for those nice comments about DD!! Congrats on all the cleaning. This place could use it too, like I said about the closets, maybe in July, LOL!! I hope Ds' algebra and your meeting went ok. I have half days of meetings for the next 2 days, yuck. At least I had yesterday and today meeting free.

Scrapper DD is only a junior. One more year to graduation for her. Sounds like DD's room was a success. What colors did she go with?

Cindy we had beautiful weather today! The storms are supposed to start around midnight for us. Too bad, it has been sooo nice. I was outside with GD tonight. DH has gotten her a hand me down big wheel and she loves it. She can't pedal it yet, but she gets around the driveway like Fred Flintstone using her feet! All the fresh air wears her out. She got really crabby so it was bath, books, and off to bed by 8 sharp. It gave me some time to clean up the dishes and do some laundry before bed. I hope your DH's surgery went well.

Off to bed for me. Sleep well ladies.

Lisa I am thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way~~~
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:57 AM

Good moring ladies,

It's another cool, gray day here...it was drizzly on my way into work. They say we're going to be in the high 60's for the rest of the week.

Well dd's dentist appt resulted with her having to have 2 fillings and a deep cleaning becasue of her not brushing correctly or flossing. I guess she is having a harder time because of her braces. so now they want her to come in every 3 months for cleaning...and my insurance doesn't cover that so it will be $110. The fillings are covered.

Last night was the last class for dd's religious ed. Classes start up in October. Church choir goes through the month of June and then they break for the summer. So after dinner we watched Dancing with the Stars and helped dd with a rough draft of a persuasive essay she's working on. Her topic is violence on TV.

Hyper - hope your dh's eye surgery went well. My dh is having skin tags removed from his eyelids on Friday afternoon. They told him that one of the spots has melanoma. So I'm taking a half day on Friday to take him.

Mrswillie - I found dd's prom pictures...she looks beautiful and her dress is a great color for her. she looks so pretty and happy. Gd is a real cutie. Glad she is enjoying her big wheel. Dd's curtains are a sheer white with pastel colored streamers with flowers. For her 2 windows the vlance is the same as the closet curtains with a solid pink panel. Looks really nice and springy.

Well the mail is here now...so better get to it and into my bosses folder. Have a great day.

Hope every one else is doing well.
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Hi ladies!

I had a scare last night. Warning may be TMI. DH and I had game night last night. After, I went in the bathroom and discovered I was bleeding. It wasn't real heavy, like a real light period. I was freaked out, but tried to sleep until I could call my dr. this morning. I was still bleeding this morning a little and by the time my dr called me back today it had stopped. My dr. said she thinks it is granulation, so I have an appt. to go in on Friday and have her treat it with silver nitrate. I'm nervous, I hope it doesn't hurt.

Today is a nice spring day. While I was waiting for the doctor to call back I got my house cleaned. I had to do something to keep myself busy. I'm making tacos for supper.

Scrapper that's nice to have the dvd of the trip. That's a nice keepsake to have. Your dd's curtains sound really nice. I'm sorry your dd has to have fillings and the deep cleaning. I'm sure your right, it's probably because of the braces.

Jan I can just picture your gd with her big wheel. That is so cute. I hope those storms passed you by.

I hope you are all having a good day.
Unread 05-07-2008, 06:58 PM

Hi Ladies,

It has been a long day. I had to do some paperwork after work and then attend a meeting for a Drug and Alcohol coalition. Just got home. I am going to change into my jammies and heat up some leftovers.

Cindy I can imagine that was nerve wracking. I would have been freaked out too. Hopefully the treatment will be quick and you'll never have the problem again. I hope since DH was in game time mode it means he was feeling ok post surgery. It has been stormy here all day. Tacos sound alot better than leftovers.

Scrapper DD's curtains sound really nice. I think my DD would like them. I bet you are right about the teeth/braces. I had alot of trouble keeping mine clean when I had them as a teenager. I have 2 skin tags on my eyes that I am too chicken to have removed. I did have them looked at and so far they are not too concerned. You will have to let me know what all is involved in the process.

Well off to the leftovers. I hope you all are having a relaxing evening tonight.
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:10 PM

hyperhyster hope you will be ok, i had the silver nitrate in december due to bleeding a little, and some antibiotics and that cleared it up but it took the whole course of antibiotics. the part that hurt me was the silver nitrate only because i have a movement disorder and my leg cramped up, so you should do better than me ok.
karen
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:00 AM

Good morning ladies!

Today little ds and I are going to run errands. Then probably stop for lunch. DH and big DS will go to their slot car league tonight. I think I'm going to have chili for supper.

Jan I was wrong. DH didn't actually have surgery, it was a quick laser procedure that took not even 5 min. I had no idea, because the way the dr explained it was more of a surgery. And yes DH was feeling o.k. There's not much that would stop him from game time!

Karen I am a little nervous about it, but I'm sure it will be o.k.

I'm really getting worried about you Lisa. I hope that you are o.k.

Have a good day ladies!
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:52 AM

Morning ladies...seems like things around here won't slow down even a tiny bit. I am supposed to be working from home today but had to come in and terminate someone so decided to stay for a while. Also, forgot my laptop last night. We had a tornado scare about 5:15 last night and the sirens went off in the building and locked us in and we had to all go to the basement. Once we got out of there, I started driving home listening to the radio and the tornado was near my house. DH was on his way home and DS was there by himself. Couldn't get through to either of them. Strange enough, I finally called my mom who lives in Texas and she called my DS and called me back. I guess local calls weren't working too good. Then I got stuck on the interstate and there were several tornados coming up and down so I finally got off and took the long way home. Needless to say, I was plenty tired by the time I finally got home. Normally the 15 minute drive took well over an hour.
It's nice out today though. DS volunteered to help with the Special Olympics so he went on the trip with the school that took the special needs kids. I hope they all have fun. He has a big heart. I'm trying to plan our annual vacation to my dad's this year but being lax about it...need to get plane tickets today! My mom arrives Saturday for Mother's Day, which should be fun. Not sure what we'll do but I'm sure we'll find a couple of things to get into!

Cindy- I bet that was pretty scary, I hope the doc fixes you up tomorrow with little or no pain. I'll be thinking about you, let us know...Chili sounds
good, I love it spicy!

Quick-that's usually how it works with insurance. At least the fillings are covered though. DD's room sounds like it turned out great. My closets are hideous, seriously!

Jan-I hope things are getting better for you, you have had a lot to deal with.

My DS was in the kitchen coughing the other morning and then came in my room and said 'Ummm, I've been coughing for like 2 weeks now, can someone take me to the doctor???' See, I bet that's why the mother of the year committee keeps driving by my house! He has an appointment tomorrow! Weird thing happened the other day, he was sitting down doing his homework and blood just starts pouring out of his nose. It was pretty bad. I got it stopped and it hasn't happened again but I'll ask the doc about it. His regular doc is out of the country so we'll get a random person from the practice but hopefully they'll be fine. I ordered me a new bedroom set (comforter, sheets...). It's a Martha Stewart 24 piece, came with curtains even. It was normally $500 and I got it for $199 online at Macy's. I had some gift cards and a credit so it really only cost me a little bit of money, I'm too cheap to lay that much down. Anyway, it arrived before I left for work and I'm so excited to get it and put everything together. I'll take some pictures and post them if Jan can walk me through it!!! LOL

Well, gotta run. Having a new buffet delivered and need to call DH to make sure he has them put it in the right place. Will check back in later...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register