2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 217 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 05-08-2008, 10:03 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies,

Hope you are doing well today. I got a call this morning from one of our co-workers...she called to let us know that she had her baby. She was stlll working too. He arrived about a week early. She had a c-section due to the baby being big...he weighed in at 9 lbs. so that is the buzz at work this morning.

Dd went over to a friend's house after school yesterday. She said they did homework, the mom took them to dinner, and they did face painting on themselves....sounds like a good time to me. So I picked her up after my workout and of course she still wasn't ready. So I sat and chatted with her mom for awhile. I made dinner for me - breakfast...eggs and potatoes...yummy. Tonight we're having baked chicken and mashed potatoes with a salad. I baked the chicken last night to save me some time. After that just watched America's Next Top Model...dd was so happy that Dominque was the one to go...it was so funny watching her cheer & yell..."yeah finally she's gone."

Oh remember the poem dd wrote about my dad...well she told me yesterday that she got an A+ on the project and that her teacher wants to display it in the class. Wow she is just on a roll here. I congratulated her on an awesome job.

Hyper - try not to be too nervous...the treatment shouldn't be bad. it is probably retty quick too. Have a good day with ds today running your errands...enjoy your lunch out.

Mrswillie - having to do "work sutff" after work sure makes for a long day. I will let you know what the process entails for the removal of the skin tags.

Lisa - yes, hope you are doing ok. Hopefully you are getting the rest you need.

Have a great day all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2008, 05:36 PM

Hi

Whoo, any of you ladies have allergies? How is the season by you. It is becoming a humdinger here. i was at a meeting today and 3 of us were sneezing and wheezing through it, LOL!

We had porkchops on the grill with corn for supper. DS wnet to the gym, YDD went to Dairy Queen with her friend, and DH is playing with GD. Her daycare told us she was exhausted most of the day and she slept so long for nap that they had to wake her. Guess Dumb A must have had her up pretty late last night.... that guy......

Cindy that laser thing was the same cleaning I told you my MIL had. I am glad it did not have to be surgery. I hope your day went well and you have been able to put tomorrow out of your mind for awhile. Chili sounds yummy.

Grateful you have really been doing alot around the house. Sounds like it is really coming along nicely. That tornando stuff sounds scary. Glad you were able to get through and nobody got hurt. I hope DS doctor appt goes well. Your Mother's day sounds nice. We will be going to MIL house and all DH's sibs will be there. Hopefully it will be a nice day.

Scrapper your DD really is on a roll!! I am glad it is all good stuff. Awesome job on the A+ Way to go!! My YDD watches ANTM too. It is her favorite. She watches it every season. She was not right about the winner this year. She wanted Katarjiana (sorry I know I butchered the spelling) but she got cut.

Well I am going to join DH and play with GD before she heads to bed.

Have a good evening.
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:14 PM

Hi everyone!

My drs. office called today and said they have to reschedule my appt. for Monday morning. My dr. had a surgery come up that is the same time as my appt. would have been. I wanted to get it over with. Oh well, I feel fine and no more bleeding so that's fine. Little ds and I had a nice day out. I sure am going to miss these times with him when he starts school. I didn't make the chili tonight. I ended up having hot dogs, slaw and beans. I will make the chili tomorrow night. I think I'll be heading to bed soon, I'm tired tonight.

Grateful you are so busy! I can just imagine how nervous you must of been with your ds home alone during the tornado scare. I'm glad it all work out and everyone is fine. I think your ds is so sweet to help out with the special olympics. That's the sign of a good kid! I hope all is good with his drs. appt. tomorrow. You got a great price on your bedroom set. I've been wanting to get a new one.

Scrapper congrats to your dd!! She certainly is on a roll. Good for her! Sounds like she had a good time at her friends last night. When does the school year end there? We go until June 5.

Jan now that you mention it, I do remember you telling us about your MIL having that procedure. My allergies have been acting up the past couple days. Sneezing and sinus headaches. Pork chops on the grill sounds great! I hope your gd catches up on her sleep tonight. Did dumb a have her overnight? If he did, you're probably right about having her up late! Dumb a is such a fitting name we've chosen, dont ya think?

I hope you are all enjoying your evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2008, 05:11 AM

Good morning!!

Yes Dumb a had her overnight, and I am sure that she did not sleep much. Absolutley perfect name for that @#$%$#

Our kids end school June 5th here.

Off to get dressed for work.

Make it a great day!!
Unread 05-09-2008, 10:48 AM

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday!!! I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day. I'll be singing with dd at church. The choir director has invited moms of the choir children to join them in singing. I did it a couple years ago and it was fun. In the afernoon we are going to have a bbq at my sister's house. this way my dad doesn't have to travel anywhere..if he gets tired he can just go in his house and go relax. I'll also be stopping off at the cemetery to drop flowers off for my mom.

Tomorrow I have a hair cut appt and then headed off to my sister in law's for a bbq to celebrate brother in law's bday. So looks like a busy weekend for us.

Work has been really busy this morning with phone calls and meetings. We've also had to alter meetings on my boss's calendar due to conflcits. I want to make sure I finish what I need to get done since I"m leaving at noon today to take dh to his eye procedure appt. the good thing is that we will get home earlier than usuual for a Friday.

Grateful - you sure are one busy person. Too bad you had to go into the office on the day you were working at home...do you work far from home? I'm glad all turned out well with the tornado scare. Where will you be traveling to visit your dad? Good luck to ds with his doctor appt. How nice that he is involved with special olympics. Hey you got a great deal on your bedding set.

Mrswillie - Yes, dd and I wanted Katarjana to win as well. We were disappointed when she got sent home. She's very pretty. Your poor gd was wiped out.

Hyper - It would have been nice to get your doctor appt over with. At least you aren't bleeding anymore so that is good. Is your litte ds looking forward to starting school? Sschool for dd ends on June 12th - that is also the day of their graduation. The school district I work for ends on June 19th.

Have a good day ladies. I'll post later when I get home to let you know how dh's procedure went.
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:59 PM

Hi ladies!

Today was a low key day. DD's teacher called about 10:30 this morning and said she was sick. I had a feeling something was up because she didn't eat breakfast this morning. I got her home and sure enough she was running a temp and she threw up once. I had really hoped that the bug was gone now. At least until next winter! Both mine and dh's mom are in MO. Went sent them cards and a little gift and we'll call them on Mother's day. I miss my mom. I'm hoping for a visit this summer. My brother is getting married in Oct. so I will be able to see everyone then. My chili is simmering and we'll be eating when I'm done here.

Scrapper I think singing with dd on Mother's day is really nice. Sounds like you have a busy but nice weekend planned. I hope dh's procedure went well. Let us know. My little ds goes back and forth about starting school. Some days he's excited and some days not so much. Your school year ends a little later than ours and Jan's. When do you start up again?

Happy Friday to all of you ladies. Have a good evening.
Unread 05-09-2008, 07:36 PM

Hi All,

It was a busy day. We had so many meetings we had to work an hour over on Friday, yuck!! Then when I picked up GD and came home ODD was there with YDD. She visited and had dinner with us. We had to drive to the mall to get some stuff for YDD to make a costume to wear to her Thespian Club party tomorrow night. We dropped ODD off at the frien'ds where she is staying on the way home. It was GD's bedtime by the time we got home so we put her in her jammies and off to bed. After that I got in my jammies myself. I am going to pick up Gd's toys, load the odds and ends into the dishwasher and then relax with some tv.

Scrapper your Mother's Day plans sound great. You are so lucky to have a DD that you are so close to. I hope DH's procedure went well. My schools get out the 5th but I am contracted beyond that so I won't be actually finishing up until probably the 15th or 17th so our dates are really close.

Cindy I am sorry the bug is back!! I sure hope DD feels better tomorrow. I bet once little DS starts school he will enjoy it. It will be an adjustment but then he will be an old pro. My mom passed away 8 1/2 years ago. Mother's day just is not the same. Spending the day with DH's family isn't my first choice, but with my mom gone there is really no way to get around it. I hope you enjoy the chili. Do your kids eat macaroni with their chili? Mine like it that way, but not DH, his is plain. That is nice that you will be going to visit your family in Oct. What part of MO are they near?

Well I hope you all are enjoying your evenings. Off to straighten up.
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:56 AM

Good morning ladies!

DD's fever is down but she is still not feeling good. She slept good last night and I think that helped her. She didn't eat anything at all yesterday. This morning she was hungry and had a light breakfast, so that's a good sign. I was supposed to take the boys to see a movie today, but I'll have to see how dd does this morning. If she's well enough for me to leave her with DH for a couple of hours, I will.

Jan I know Mother's day has to be hard with your mom gone. Father's day is the same for me, my dad passed 7 years ago. Do you get along with DH's family? Did your visit go well with ODD? My kid's don't like chili with macaroni which is odd because they really like macaroni. We mostly eat it plain with cheese sprinkled on top and a dollop of sour cream. Occasionally we have chili dogs. I grew up in the city of St. Louis. My mom moved out of the city shortly after my dad passed and now lives with my sister and her family. They and my brother live in the county near Oak Lawn. I hope you have a relaxing weekend after your busy week.

I hope all of you ladies have a good day. Lisa I hope you are o.k.
Unread 05-10-2008, 08:07 AM

Good Morning!!

GD slept in which was great! I got to sleep until 8. I was thrilled. I have to finish the laundry today since tomorrow we will be busy with MIL and I have to help YDD put the finishing touches on her costume.

Cindy I do get along with DH's family. Since MIL/DIL live so close they can get a little too involved sometimes, and occassionally that will get on my nerves, just the fact that every holiday, every school event, etc has to involve them, but for the most part we get along great. The Mother's day thing bugs me because one of DH"s sisters and I are Mother's ourselves and somehow it feels like we should be doing our own stuff that day, but really it is not a big deal. I am glad DD is feeling better. I hope you get to go to the movies.

Well GD is looking for attention. TTYL
Unread 05-10-2008, 04:59 PM

Hi ladies!

Me and big DS went to lunch and the movie today. We had a nice time. I decided not to take little ds, because we saw Iron Man, and I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate for him even though he wanted to see it. I was right, it was a little too violent and not a typical superhero movie. DH was going to stay home with little ds and dd. Well I'm a little perterbed right now. I came home and they were gone. Normally that would be great, but although dd was feeling much better she still wasn't feeling great. And it is pouring rain outside. I called him and he said, she's fine or else I wouldn't have taken her out. I hope he is right! MEN!! Once they get home, I'm hoping to have a relaxing evening. Tomorrow we will go to church and then DH and kids are taking me out to eat.

Jan I'm glad you got to sleep in after your busy week. I totally understand what you mean about the family thing. I've experienced that same thing when we lived in MO. Your dd's thespian club party sounds fun. What kind of costume are you making?

I hope you are all having a nice day.

In case I don't get back on right away tomorrow:
Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful ladies! From all of the things you've written about your children, I can tell you are all good mom's!! My hat goes off you Jan, for not only being a good mom to your children, but also for loving, caring for and raising your GD.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register