2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 218 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 05-10-2008, 09:18 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

Laundry is done and the house is clean. We had Chinese take out tonight and it was really good. I don't know what is up with me but I just feel like lazing around. That does not seem to be in the cards, maybe next weekend.

Cindy if my DH had done that, and he might have, I would have been perterbed too. Men!! I hope she is ok, and not too worn out when she gets home. A relaxing evening sounds like it just what you need.

Thanks Cindy for the kind words. I don't always feel like a good Mom. Sometimes the situation with ODD makes me feel like a real failure in the Mom department.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Ladies!! I hope you enjoy church, choir, family dinners, and all the other wonderful things you have planned tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2008, 11:11 PM

Hi girls I have missed you all the past 10 days. I ended up going back to the Dr. a week ago Thursday. My chest sounded clear, so she said it wasn't pneumonia. She gave me some super strong cough medicine with codeine to take at night time. I did get a lot of relief the first 2 nights. Then it was back to waking up choking again. That went on for a few more nights and I finally feel like I am going to live again. This was the sickest I have ever been. I need to go back and catch up on the board from the past 10 days. I was finally back at work last week and what a week it was. I don't care if I get a Mother's Day card tomorrow, because I am sick of them LOL.
On top of recovering and work we had our rental become vacant last Sunday. DH took a weeks vacation and has been working over there everyday until he finished up yesterday. I would go and help inbetween working. It feels so good to be done with that. We have new renters that started moving in yesterday. I spent most of today getting my house back in order. After being sick and then having the rental to deal with you can imagine how bad this house was. It was out of control. We are having everyone over here tomorrow for Mother's Day, so at least I feel ready for that.
I am going to go and start catching up on the posts. I hope everyone has been well during my abscence. I have been thinking of each and everyone of you. I wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow
Unread 05-11-2008, 07:56 AM

Cindy I forgot to add that we were making a pebbles flintstone costume for YDD. She looked cute.

Lisa I am glad to hear from you and glad you are better!!! I can't believe you took on a party today, but I hope you have some help.

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!! Have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2008, 09:11 AM

Good morning ladies!

Everyone let me sleep in this morning. So, we didn't go to church. My dd was a little tired when she got home, but not too bad. I know she would have preferred to stay home and rest. But she is pretty much all well, so I guess I'm over it. We are going for brunch in awhile. The kids have a surprise for me that they're working on. I have to go upstairs and see when they're done.

Jan the situation with your ODD does not make you a failure as a mom. So please don't think that! I know that feeling, because I felt that way with my oldest son. Your dd's pebbles flinstone costume sounds so cute. I can understand you wanting to laze around after being so busy all week. I hope you will have a good time today.

Lisa I am so happy to hear from you. I was worried about you. Wow, you have been just as busy as ever! I hope your party goes well today and don't wear yourself out.

Happy Mother's day ladies!
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:07 AM

Good morning ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day enjoying your family and the day set aside for 'us'!

The past few days have been so hectic. I did get my bedroom comfortor set put in the bed and DH said it looked too girlie. The colors were much lighter in person than on the web. It's more of a peach and spring green, so I think I'll incorporate some chocolate brown and rust with it to balance it out for DH. I screwed up hanging the curtains so he'll have to fix it tonight. What can I say, not my area .

The reason I've been so busy doing 'stuff' lately is because we bought this house last September, then my pain got worse, so had the hyster 3 months early and then basically felt like crap for a long time. So, now I think I'm getting a lot of my energy back and it's time to get this house in order. There was so much to do at the onset and it all had to be put off. The walls and shelves are all bare, screaming for decorations so I'm trying to get it all put together. You hate to pay good money for a house and then let it sit by looking blah. So, hopefully by the end of the summer, I'll have it like I want it.
Can't recall if I mentioned I flew my mom down from Dallas for mothers day. She arrived Saturday at 5 and is leaving today at 2. DH barbequed SO much food and we had 12 people over. It was a lot of fun but tiring. I didn't clean the kitchen last night so I have to tackle that today. I took the day off to spend with mom before she left but she's still asleep! So, I think I'll pay bills and get organized.
DS doctor said he's fine. Gave him something for the cough and said he should switch allergy medicine for a bit. So, we'll try that.

Scrapper- My dad lives outside Washington DC, so that's where we'll spend our time. That's great, you singing with DD at church, I hope that went good. I know it's probably difficult with your mom gone your bbq sounds nice and I'm sure you guys had fun at your sisters house.

Jan- I hpe your pebbles flinstone costume worked out, that sounds too cute. Oh, and not that you asked, but you should have your Mothers Day to yourself. You're a mom and you deserve it. That's the age-old debate though, when there is a MIL around. Mine lives in FL but if she were here, I'd send DH to be with her and I'd spend it with my DS. My theory is everyone should be with their own MOM on MD, even if we have to go our separate ways. Probably not popular but I'm never lacking for an opinion. LOL I do agree with Cindy, you are doing a great thing with GD. I'm sure there have been times when you haven't felt like you got it right but your ODD made a choice and you aren't to blame for that. You're a great mom and an even greater GM. Let's hope lazing around is in the cards for you real soon!!!

Lisa- glad to hear from you, we were worried about you. I am glad you made it through that! The coughing can be horrible. I bet you don't want to see another card, LOL. I bet your kids missed you too. I hope your gathering didn't drain you too much. Glad you got your place rented out and ready to go.

Cindy- I agree with you, I would have been irritated about DD but as you said, she's fine. Men absolutely do not think about stuff like that, I'm presuming they're not wired that way. That is good you got to sleep in, what was your surprise? I got flowers and chocolate (which I don't eat but DH said it came free with the flowers, LOL). I hope you guys had a good relaxing day.
Well, my mom just got up, so I'd better go hang with her until she has to get to the airport. TTYL, have GREAT days...

Karen-hope things are good your way, do you guys celebrate Mothers Day as well?

Murph, Suki, sas, Joan- Still miss you guys!!!
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:35 AM

Good morning ladies!

I had a nice day yesterday. The brunch was really good. I ate way too much but I justified that by it being my day. DD is home from school today. She came to me last night and showed me these red itchy bumps she has all over her tummy and chest. I have a drs. appt. for her this morning to see if she has chicken pox. Not one of my kids have ever had them and I have not experience with them, so I wanted to make sure before I send her back to school. She did have the varicella shot at her 12 month checkup. I researched them a little on the internet. It said that sometimes 48 hours before the breakout there can be fever and flu like symptoms, which she had on Friday. It sounds like it could be. I feel pretty inadequate having to take her in the drs. office because I don't even know! lol I had to have someone sub for me for hot lunch today. I'm supposed to go up to school tonight and help make the costumes for the school play. I think I'll make spaghetti for supper.
So, my sister is going to be 40 this month. When I talked to my mom yesterday, she told me my sister went out with some friends Saturday night and came back with a belly ring and a tattoo! I was going to send her this sweet little care package with: depends, prune juice, dime store reading glasses with a pretty little chain to wear around her neck etc. Now I'm rethinking that idea since it appears she's having a midlife crisis! lol It is so out of character for her to do something like that.

Grateful my surprise was that the kid's cleaned their rooms and they each made me a card. It was really sweet. I know it's alot of work decorating and fixing up the house, but I thinks it's kind of fun too. I think the chocolate brown and rust colors will go really well with your comforter set and balance out the girliness! lol I love decorating. I still change things around and redocorate areas. It sounds like you had a nice visit with your mom. That was alot of people you had over. I'm glad everything was good with your ds.

Jan I hope you had a nice day yesterday. I hope you did get to have some time just for you.

Scrapper I hope you had a nice time singing with dd.

Lisa I hope that big get together didn't wear you out.

I'd better get a few things done before we head off to the doctor.

Have a great day ladies!
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well today after work I went to the bank, picked up GD, came home, warmed up leftovers for dinner, gave gd a bath, brought her to MIL so DH and I could go to the HS awards night. YDD received 2 awards, perfect attendance and community service learning award. She got 2 certificates and a watch. It was nice. When we came home I put on my pj's and thought I would jump on and post.

We did have a nice Mother's Day. We ate like crazy! I still have not lost any weight, and I am never going to the way I have been eating. Oh well, I have heard fat and jolly go together.

Pebbles Flintstone turned out great, complete with a bone in her hair. She had a fun time.

Grateful you have been busy!! How nice that you brought your Mom for a visit. I am sure it was worth the extra effort. I understand why the house had to wait. I sure am glad you are feeling so much better. I think adding those "manly" colors will do the trick. I hope you enjoyed your day with your MOM, DS is feeling better on the new meds, and your DH was able to fix the curtains. I give you credit, I have never even attempted to hang a curtain in my life!

Cindy your kids surprise was very sweet. I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed the brunch, as it was your special day to enjoy! I hope your DD does not have the chicken pox. All of my kids had them. ODD was 7 and brought them home from school. 2 weeks later DS and YDD got them. They were all loaded. YDD was only 2 and she was so miserable. DS and YDD had them at the exact same time and we have some video of them, boy did they look awful and feel miserable. They had their's at the end of April. I remember them (the pox) sort of having little blister tops, if that makes sense. Wow, it sounds like your sister is really taking 40 hard. It is just a number! Sounds like she may need a little TLC. Is she married? How is BIL reacting to her "new attitude"?

Thank you ladies for your support with the ODD/GD issue. I think about those comments often when I am having a rough patch.

Well ladies I am beat and I have to help YDD with an assignment before I head off to bed.

Have a great evening!
Unread 05-13-2008, 08:58 AM

Good morning ladies!

My dd does not have chicken pox. She does have a bacterial virus and the dr. gave her an antibiotic. They said the spots were probably caused by the virus. I'm glad she doesn't have chicken pox. I didn't get to help with costumes at school last night. DH had to work late and I didn't want to leave dd with big ds. Today I'm going to do a little cleaning and go to the library. I didn't make spaghetti last night. We had frozen pizza, so I'll make spaghetti tonight.

Jan my sister is married. I'm not sure what BIL thought. I'm sure he was surprised. You are right, it is just a number. I guess some people take those milestone birthdays harder. The awards night sounds nice. Congrats to your dd for her awards, certificate and watch. She was lucky to miss all the bugs that were going around to be able to get perfect attendance. Her costume sounds so cute. Do you have a pic of her in it? That must have been horrible with all of the kids having the chicken pox. Especially the two youngest at the same time!

I better get to some cleaning before I lose my motivation. Have a good day everyone!
Unread 05-13-2008, 11:40 AM

Good morning ladies,

Our weekend was good. Mother's Day was nice...I enjoyed singing with dd and the choir. There were about 8 moms that participated. As I listened to dd sing and hit some of the high notes...I thought "no wonder she made high school choir." She blew me away and I was so impressed. I shared that with her and she just laughed. I got some beautiful roses, a BIG balloon and a gift card to Starbucks. They also got me a new TV for the spare room where I iron. The one in there now no longer works.

The bbq at my sisters was nice. We had steak and chicken and the sides. For dessert I made some brownies and we topped them with ice cream. We didn't leave my sisters until 8 that evening.

DH's eye procedure went well. When he came out of the office and into the waiting room, his eyes looked swollen and red. they removed 8 lesions and sent them to be tested. They had already told him that one of them had melanoma. Tomorrow he goes in for a follow up appt. He is doing well.

On the way home after his procedure we got rear-ended. I had gotten off the freeway and was at the bottom of the off-ramp when the car behind hit us. I looked in the mirror and noticed he was talking on his phone. so we pulled over and he admitted that he wasn't paying attention. No one was injured but my back was aggravated from the impact. So I dealt with pain and discomfort all weekend. My bumper will have to be replaced from the damage.

Hyper - Hope dd recovers from the virus she has...good thing it wasn't chicken pox. Is she ok to go to school or did they say to keep her home? Dd will start the new school year on August 27th. I'm sure once ds starts school he'll enjoy it...It will probably be an adjustment at the beginning. Sounds like your sister is having a hard time turning 40.

Mrswillie - You had a busy Friday after work. Yes, dd and I are close. She's an only child. I agree that Mother's Day isn't the same without our moms. My mom has been gone 6 years now. Don't be so hard on yourself about the ODD situation. you aren't a failure...sometimes things in life don't turn out the way we hope they would. Pat yourself on the back. I'm sure your dd looked really adorable in her costume. glad you had a nice Mother's Day too. Congrats to dd on her awards!!!!

Lisa - I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better and that the cough medicine finally gave you relief. Hope you aren't too tired out from Mother's Day and having worked on your rental.

Grateful - Glad you now have the energy to get your house decorated the way you want it. Have fun!!! It's great that you had a good time with your mom.

Well ladies have a great day. I have a follow up doctor appt this afternoon and I'm going to tell her about the accident too. Take care.
Unread 05-13-2008, 03:34 PM

i saw the aftermath of the tornados on the news, there is so much going on these past weeks, with china earthquake, burma disaster and chile with the mountain eruption i think it was, our mt ruapehu we have been told could erupt at any time as it is very active. last year they had a lahar and a man lost his leg when trapped in a hut on that mountain.
when i went to the 21st birthday we travelled past mt ruapehu and it was looking really pretty and white.

the 21st was lovely but music was alot of rap and very loud, made it hard to talk to my rellies, stayed til 1am and went back to motel and had a bit more time with mum and my grandma.
my brother and his wife took me and it took about 7hrs drive there and back, on the way back we stopped for brunch in a town named Taihape(gumboot town) has a huge gumboot in the town. took photos so will try and put them here.
I had pancakes, bacon, banana and maple syrup for my brunch and it was really nice.
we hope to pick our kiwi in the next few days all going well but will keep checking in to see how you hystter sis are doing.
karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register