2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 219 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 05-13-2008, 07:00 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

I just finished catching up on all the posts. It sounds like everyone had a nice Mothers' Day. We all deserved it Ours turned out nice. It was a beautiful day and we spent the afternoon relaxing in the backyard. DH bbq'd tri tips and marinated chicken for us. My sister fixed some really yummy beans and I fixed some yummy potatoes, a pasta salad, fruit salad and garlic bread. My sister made a jello cake and I made a cherry cheescake for dessert and we were all miserable after eating. I cannot believe how much I ate on Sunday.

It is supposed to really heat up the rest of the week. By Friday it will be over 100 Yikes!!! I am not ready for the heat.

I have made a decision about my jobs this week. I am really at peace now with my decision. I really struggled this past week, but I think I have made the right decision for me. I am going to finish up the rest of the school year with the preschool and then I am leaving. I am going to really miss the kids, but not the schedule. I think that is one reason I have been so sick. Being around the kids and on the run constantly. We have a new Super Target opening in July and last month my boss offered me the account. At first I turned him down, but the more I thought about it, it just made sense to have one job with more hours than 2 jobs and on the run all the time. I asked him Monday if the store was still available and he said it was. He is very happy that I agreed to take it. Now I just have to get up enough nerve to quit the other job. I know I will miss the kids, but I have to do what is best for me.

Dh and Andrew are both working this evening. It is so nice and peaceful in my house right now. We are just going to have tri tip sandwiches for dinner. I haven't had to cook since Sunday. We had a lot of leftovers.

I hope everyone has a nice evening. Since I am feeling so much better, I will resume my daily posting again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 08:29 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm finally finding a moment to post. I helped dd catch up on her late work tonight. She is feeling much better now that the antibiotic is in her system. She'll be going back to school tomorrow. I'm tired tonight so I'll probably go to bed shortly.

Scrapper your mother's day sounds like it was really nice. That is nice gifts that you got. I liked your story about dd singing. It's neat when we notice something about our kids that we may not have realized. I'm glad everything went well with DH's procedure. I hope he continues to do well. How awful to be rear ended right after the procedure. At least the guy admitted he wasn't paying attention. the dr's office recommended dd stay home again today, to give the antibiotics time to kick in.

Karen your trip sounds like fun. Let us know how it's going with the kiwi.

Lisa your mother's day sounds good as well. All of you had such good food It made me hungry reading about all of it. I Think you made the right decision about your job situation. You are absolutely right, you have to do what is best for you. I'm glad you'll be posting again. This little place wouldn't be the same without you.

I hope you are having a good evening. Sleep well ladies!
Unread 05-14-2008, 12:30 PM

Good morning ladies,'

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm well - it is just busy at work. My boss is really stressed...so I'm staying out of her way and available whenever she calls on me. I have plenty to give me busy.

I just got a call from the adjuster from the guy that hit me. They are coming out to inspect my car on Friday. He also tookmy statement and verified information. I asked him if the guy had called to report the accident and he told me no. So we will see what the next steps are after they come out.

Dd had 2 friends over after school yesterday. By the time I got home one had already left. So I invited the one that was still there to stay for dinner if her mom let her. She was able to stay. We had chicken tostadas...they were good.

This week at dd's school is Teacher Appreciation Week so the PTA parents are bringing breakfast in daily for the teachers. I signed up for tomorrow. So I'm sending tamales, fruit. and homemade mini muffins. So I will be baking tonight with dd's help.

Karen - glad all is well out your way. Enjoy the kiwi!!

Lisa - your Mother's Day menu sounded so yummy. I know it is heating up here too. Crazy weather from cloudy, drizzly to summer-like weather. I'm glad that you are feeling so much better. Your decision about your jobs sounds like you gave it lots of thought. You are right...you have to do what is best for you.

Hyper - sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. that is good that the meds are helping dd feel better. Hope you have a good day.

Well got to get back to work. Have a wonderful day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2008, 03:17 PM

Hi All,

Things have been busy here at home and work. I guess it is that time of year. Tonight we have to go to an event they call the Ice Cream Social at YDD's HS. It is a fine arts festival. The drawback of it is it is a really long night. It starts at 6 and ends between 9:30-10. It is an awards presentation, display of fine arts projects and then the final concerts. There will be programs by the star spangled singers, chamber choir, jazz band, single and ensemble contest reps, madrigal singers, ladies ensemble, jazz choir, men's choir, corporation, percussion ensemble, concert band, and concert choir. As this is all going on in the cafeteria they sell as a fundraiser ice cream, tea, lemonade, and tons and tons of fresh baked pies and cakes. The food and performances are great, but it is so long on a work/school night. DD is in 4 performances so we want to see her but by the time it is over I will be so tired and ready to go to bed!

Well, it sounds like veryone had a great mother's day.

Lisa I am so glad you are feeling better. I think you were wise to do what is best for you in the job situation. I don't blame you for preferring to have just one job. I hope that helps to relieve some of your stress and helps you stay healthy.

Karen hang in there with the kiwi. I will be looking for it at the grocery. LOL

Scrapper Chicken tostadas sound good. I don't have an actual plan so I have to scramble something together for dinner tonight. I am always kicking myself when I do that. Funny, that here we celebrated Teacher appreciation week last week here. We sure did enjoy all the yummy treats provided to us. Yours sound equally good. I hope you get things worked out smoothly with the insurance. We have been through it and even though accidents, are just that accidents, they are such an inconvenience. happy Baking with DD tonight.

Cindy I am glad DD did not have chicken pox. I hope she is doing better and had a good return back to school.

Well I better go figure out a plan for dinner. Have a great evening ladies.
Unread 05-14-2008, 08:03 PM

Hi ladies!

Today was a busy day. DD went back to school today, and she did fine. She is feeling back to normal now. I had beef stew simmering in the crockpot all day. It turned out good. DH had some business people in from Georgia today, so he had a business dinner tonight. The kids and I played a board game and then a game of cards. My big ds has always struggled in math and has been having a hard time this year. I had a meeting with his teacher this morning. Although he is doing well in his other subjects, he is failing math. He will have to go to summer school. He is NOT happy about that, but it's for the best. The hope is that by going to summer school, by the time 8th grade start for him next year, he'll be up to speed with his math. I don't know yet what his hours will be. Since we are a private school, it's up to his teacher. I feel bad for him, but I know it's for the best. I think I might read for a little before going to bed.

Scrapper the treats your making for school tomorrow sounds really good. I hope all goes well with the adjuster.

Jan you have a busy evening ahead of you. It sounds like fun and oh so yummy food. But I know how you feel about the late night. Especially with work and school the next day.

I hope everyone is enjoying their evening.
Unread 05-14-2008, 10:57 PM

Good evening all
It was another busy day here. Three weeks from today is the last day of school and also my last day at the preschool. I think that is the only thing that got me through the day. I still need to tell my boss. I'm such a chicken when it comes to things like that.

We are in the process of taking a second out on this house to pay off our rentals. They had done a drive by appraisal last week and we didn't get the numbers we needed. The guy calls today to schedule a full walk through appraisal. He wants to come tomorrow at 5. Oh sure, I have nothing else to do today or tomorrow other than get this house in tip top shape. I'm done for this evening and will resume my cleaning tomorrow. DH couldn't understand why I was upset earlier when he wasn't helping me out. Men!!!!

It got close to 100 today and I am not enjoying it. Tomorrow will be warmer, so I'm sure we will hit that century mark. It was so cool in my van today that I hated to stop and load the kids in it. Even though I have lived here all my life, it takes a while to get used to this heat every year.

I forgot to tell you yesterday that I made our Disneyland reservations last week. We are going the end of June. I am so excited. We are going the day after dh 50th birthday. We will be there on Andrews 21st birthday and a few days before Matthews 25th. We are staying at the Grand California Resort and I can't wait.

Scrapper I hope you get everything straightened out with the adjuster. I was rear ended a few years ago and I still have problems with my neck. I hope you both are okay.

Cindy I'm glad your dd is feeling better and back in school. I'm sorry your son has to go to summer school, but it will hopefully get him caught up. Math is my worst subject.

Jan I hope you had a nice evening tonight. I remember those nights all too well. It sounds like a fun time. Hopefully you didn't get home too late.

I hope everyone has a restful evening
Unread 05-15-2008, 02:37 PM

Afternoon ladies. Sounds like everyone is back up and running.

Lisa glad you're feeling better and you made a good decision about the jobs. One job and a family is enough but I don't know how you did it with two. Once you tell your boss, you'll feel much more relieved. The three weeks will fly by. Too bad we can't all come to Disneyland with you, sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you get to relax and totally enjoy. Hopefully you'll get the numbers on your house so you can do what you need done. I wonder if the nationwide mortgage mess could be playing into why your numbers are low. What do I know, I'm just a paranoid HR person. I work around so many paranoid lawyers all day long, it's hard to not be! LOL. I can't wait for the heat here. I love the 100 degree weather. It burns away all the bad stuff. What that is I have no idea, I've just told myself that over the years .

I decided when my DS goes off to college, I'm going to law school. Might as well, I read more laws in a week than probably most lawyers do!

Scrapper- sorry to hear about your wreck. Those can be a mess. Hopefully the adjuster will be fair, if not, Lisa and I can pay them a visit, after we deal with dumb a** for Jan. LOL

Cindy- I'm glad you didn't have the pox in your house, that would've been too much! Hopefully you guys are about to be free of all that for a while. The thing about kids is they pick up so much stuff from other kids, so you just have to roll with it. Surely you're about done though...I'm sure your son is not okay with summer school but you're right, it probably is for the best. Hopefully it will 'click' for him and he can get on solid ground for 8th grade. My son is just finishing up 8th grade and it was a challenge but he made it through.

Jan- I hope your event was fun. I understand about the long nights. Hopefully you made it through and DD was a success.

Karen- your family event sounded very nice. The kiwi is just sounding so good.

Well, I have to go have dinner with some attorney's. Will talk to you guys later.
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:41 PM

Well the appraiser is gone Hopefully he will come in with the numbers we need. He kept saying to dh that you really have done a lot of nice improvements to your house. The housing market around here has taken a huge nose dive in the last year. Our house is worth about $150,000 less than 3 years ago. Scary!!! He said that 70% of their business now is on foreclosed homes. It's a great time to buy, but not to sell or re-finance.

Then to top off my day I went to turn on the AC early this afternoon and nothing but a little clicking from the unit. This was the first time I have turned it on this year. Wouldn't you know we are having record breaking heat and the AC is dead. Today it was 97 and tomorrow is forecast 102. Right now it's 88 in my house. I tried to call the AC guy at 4:30 and they had already left for the day. DH will call them at 8:00AM sharp tomorrow and hopefully they can get out here tomorrow. Otherwise it's going to be a looooooong weekend. I get kinda cranky in the heat.

I plan on relaxing this evening. Something I haven't done in awhile. I hope everyone has a relaxing evening and any cool breezes you can send my way would be greatly appreciated
Unread 05-15-2008, 08:14 PM

Hi ladies,

I have been feeling so down today. I don't have any reason to be at all. It must be hormones. I don't feel this way very often. Hopefully a good night's sleep and I'll be feeling myself tomorrow. I registered the kid's for swimming lessons. They are going to be every morning for the first two weeks in August. DD is going to play squirt ball. That will be starting in June. Every Monday and Wednesday morning for six weeks. Then she's taking a 4 day tennis class in July. Big DS will be in basketball camp in July. The summer will be busy. But the kids are looking forward to their activities. I told them the only thing they had to do was swimming lessons, other than that if there was one other activity they wanted they could. DD begged me to let her do the extra tennis class in addition to squirt ball. I let her because it is only 4 days. We are supposed to have nice weather the next several days. Little ds and I are going on our weekly outing tomorrow. We'll run our errands and have lunch out. Big DS and DH are at their slot car league. The little ones are asleep. I think I'll enjoy a little quiet time before bed.

Lisa I hope you get the numbers that you need on your house. I hope you didn't wear yourself out trying to get your house in shape. My dh is the same, whenever I'm trying to get the house cleaned for company or I'm trying to get me and the kids ready when we have to be somewhere, he just can't understand why I'm getting so stressed out over nothing! All while sitting in front of the t.v. doing absolutely nothing. MEN!! is right!! lol Wow it is really warm there for May. Does it stay that way all summer. I feel so bad for you not having air conditioning. I hope they come out right away tomorrow to fix it. Your disneyland trip is going to be so good. What a great way for DS's and DH to spend their birthday.

Grateful I think I should have gotten the teacher's addition math book. I'm not great with math so it was difficult for me to help him. If he has trouble next year, that's what I'm going to do. Some of his problem is he doesn't like math either and he lacks the motivation to try his best. I think he will probably start trying harder, because after summer school I don't think he'll ever want to have to do it again.

Jan I hope your event went well last night. I'm sure dd did just great in her perfomances.

I hope you are all enjoying your evening.
Unread 05-15-2008, 08:22 PM

Hi Ladies,

Today was a another busy work day. I hope that things start settling down in the next few weeks. I am looking forward to having a break from meetings for awhile!

Last night was a long one as I expected. We left the HS at 10 and got to bed about 10:45. That is late for us on a school night. DD did a great job performing. The formal photos they had taken at the prom arrived today. They are so nice I am going to frame one for the tv room. Dinner was a quickie today. Made some hot dogs, mostly for Gd. My allergies have been bothering me alot and I was not very hungry. I hate the allergies, but I need more days of no appetite, because this hyst weight won't budge.

Cindy I am sorry DS is so upset about summer school, but I agree in the long run it will be well worth it to get on track before HS. I am sure the hours won't be very long for only one course. I hope that will make it a little better for him when he knows it won't ruin the whole day.

Grateful I think your law school goal is fantastic. I am sure you can accomplish anything you set your mind to finish. I wish you had your license now so you could really handle dumb a.

Lisa I am glad to hear you will finally be relaxing! You deserve it. Sounds like you will have good news for your refinance. I will keep my fingers crossed for it. I sure hope you can get someone out for that AC. My DH would be beside himself he gets cranky in the heat too. i will try my hardest to send you some cool air, it was only 55 here today. I can't wait for it to warm back up again.

Well off to get my stuff ready for tomorrow. Have a good evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register