2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 220 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 05-15-2008, 08:27 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Cindy I guess we were on at the same time. I am sorry you have been having a bad day. Those #$%^ hormones!Hopefully, your outings tomorrow will be a pick me up.

Your summer is going to be a busy one. Your kids are going to have alot of fun.

I am glad you will be having nice weather. I hope some is on the way here too.

Enjoy your quiet time and I hope you sleep well. I bet tomorrow will be a better day.

Hang in there and have a great day tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2008, 09:14 PM

I forgot to post about one funny thing that happened at work this morning. When I was leaving, my little buddy from down the street yelled across to me "Goodbye, Miss Lisa" and I yelled back, good-bye. Another one of the students also said goodbye to me. My little buddy got in the other kids face and said "Your not her husband, he's at her house". I just about died laughing. I guess he's getting a little too protective of me. The teacher in the classroom was reading them a book and she had to cover her face with the book, because she was laughing so hard.

(((Cindy))) I hope that tomorrow is a better day. I hate when I have a day like that.

Grateful good luck to you on your law school. What an accomplishment that will be.

Jan I hope your schedule eases up some soon. I bet your as glad as I am that tomorrow is Friday Some of that cooler air would be really nice right now. Enjoy some for me.
Unread 05-16-2008, 09:06 AM

Morning ladies....all is well this way, SO glad it's FRIDAY. I have so many errands to run this weekend, starting with putting some food in the house. I should probably make a list but as my mom would say 'that would be too much like right'. Mom didn't like my martha stewart curtains, so she went back to Dallas and found me some SHE liked and sent them overnight. I can't say I'm crazy about them but what do I do??? I guess I could hang them 1st and see and if I don't like them, only put them up when she's coming to visit . Only my mom would impose her curtain beliefs on me...I love her for it though...

Lisa- that is too funny about your little boyfriends. I thought you were going to say the little boy said he was your husband! That is a great one. Okay, the AC thing stinks. My DH is like Jan's he'd be acting crazy with no AC. I could take it or leave it though. That's some pretty hot weather. We're supposed to get into the 90's next week, which I LOVE. Hope you get your AC fixed for a minimal cost and quickly!!!

Jan- sounds like your long night was nice, although LONG. Great for DD doing a good job.

Cindy- your kids will be busy this summer. Can I send my DS to you??? I have been bad and not planned much, so he'll end up eating me out of house and home. I need to get busy and get him some things to do or he'll be driving me nuts all summer. If you get the name of the math book for next year, I can try and find it for you and let you know. Might be a good idea to try and find it early just in case. I also agree with you about MEN! DH will be like, what are you getting so worked up about and can you stop dusting the tv, I'm trying to watch sports center!!! Enough said...

Funny (sort of) story about my DS. He had a friend over and they were playing video games and DH walked by the room and overheard DS say 'We're so good at this game, it's because we have big pen*ses!!' I'm thinking Lord help!!! KIDS!

Well, gotta run to meeting number 9,000 for the day. TTYL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Happy Friday ladies!!!

It was such a crazy day here yesterday. I was upset about some things that happened here and the way that they handled the situation. We had a baby shower for one of the ladies here. So around noon they called to tell us that lunch was ready and we could come get our plate. The 2 secretaries next door to me went to go get their food. So then I went very quickly too and came back to my desk. When I got back an asst director and asst were answering the phones. Wouldn't you know it that the minute I stepped away from my desk the phones starting ringing...ugh!!!! So the 2 secretaries and me kind of got a scolding. It just irked me that they made a big thing out of it....I mean we don't do this all the time. So we (the secretaries) and I were talking about it earlier.

I'm so glad I'm leaving early today...LOL. i have the adjuster coming out to the house today. When he leaves dd and I will head out for a manicure. My evening and tomorrow will be busy. Tonight I have a wedding rehearsal and dinner for my girlfriend's dd's wedding. The wedding is tomorrow afternoon. Desi (the bride) asked me to do one of the readings...I was honored that she asked me. After the wedding ceremony dd and I will head over to my cousin's for a baby shower. She's going to be a grandma. It will be great to see the extended family as it has been awhile since we've seen them (my mom's side of the family). Then we will leave to go to the wedding reception.

Mrswillie - Nice to hear that all went well with dd's performances. I'm sure the prom pics came out very nice.

Hyper - I know what you ds is going thru with math. You're right about summer school - it is for the best in this case. Does his school offer any tutoring that he can take advantage of? I hope you are feeling better today. Thekids activities sound like lots of fun. So far dd will be taking a dance class for 6 weeks.

Grateful - wow - law school - that is great. Is that something you've wanted to do? Thanks I'll let you know how it goes with the adjuster...you're so funny you cracked me up.

Lisa - I hope you get the AC fixed with this hot weather we are having.

Last night dd and I went to the high school for a play about Charlie Brown. It was really good - the kids did an awesome job. The high school choir also participated so I told dd that she would be doing things like that real soon. She said "how scary" and I told her that it was going to be fun not scary.

Well ladies got to get back to work. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the weekend.
Unread 05-16-2008, 01:39 PM

Hi ladies!

I am feeling like myself today. Yesterday must have just been a bad hormone day. Little ds and I ran our errands and had lunch. It is a beautiful day outside. DH and I have a dinner tomorrow night with his boss and a vendor and their wives. He said why don't you buy a new outfit. Normally I would say no, not for one evening. But I decided yeah, I should do that for myself. So I got a really cute pair of dress capris and two nice dressy casual tops. I can also wear them to church. And if we have more business dinners this spring/summer I can alternate tops. I have what I guess is a funny story. Probably more cute. Little ds and I were driving home today and somehow we were talking about how many kids I have. I said I have 4 kids. And then I named them. He said, "No mom, you have five kids, don't forget about daddy!" I had to laugh, because in a way that is so true! LOL

Grateful I cried laughing about your DS story. I'll find out what math book they'll use next year. That would be great if you could help me find where to get one because I have no clue! Send your ds here. He and my ds would get along great playing vids and equating their greatness at it by their pen*&! LOL I would do what you said about the curtains. Hang them first so you'll know how to put them up fast. And make the change when she visits. It was sweet of her though. I think that's great about law school!

Lisa you little buddy story was so cute. I think somebody has a crush on Miss Lisa. I hope you got your AC fixed today!

Scrapper wow you have a busy weekend planned but it sounds like fun. That was wrong of the way they handled that situation at work. Especially since it was a baby shower and like you said it rarely happens! I would be upset too.

Jan you were right, a day out was what I needed. That sure was a late night! Thank goodness it's Friday. You need some relaxing time. I can imagine by the prom pics that you posted that the formal picture has to be beatiful.

Thank you ladies for your nice words regarding my down day. I have to go get the kids from school. Have a good evening ladies!
Unread 05-16-2008, 04:14 PM

Hi ladies!!

TGIF. I was happy when I could head home. I picked up GD and we went straight home. YDD had a half day of school so she had a friend over when I got home. I just fed GD some spaghetti for dinner, because she is staying with Grandpa tonight while I drive to a neighboring town to have dinner with a good friend. We have not gotten together since last year about this time, so it will be so nice to see her.

Lisa that sure was cute about your little buddy. Good thing he lives close and can still visit with you after you quit your job.

Grateful your Mom sounds sweet. I would try them. You never know Mother just may know best. Plus Cindy is right you will know how to hang them real quick when she is on her way!

Scrapper gesh, they called you to go! I think they made a mountain out of a molehill. I am sorry that happened but I hope you enjoyed the food. A manicure sounds like fun. You sure have a busy weekend planned. Have fun at all the events.

Cindy how nice that DH would suggest you buy a new outfit! I am impressed, those things are not a priority for my DH! Your DS cracked me up. He is right they are like another child!!

Well I leave in a half an hour. Have a great evening!!
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:00 PM

TGIF

Today started out on a good note. The AC guy showed up at 9:30 and got us up and running again. It was very warm in here last night trying to sleep. Tonight I am going to run it all night. Today while driving my afternoon routes the temperature read out was anywhere between 102-108. It was hot today.

Cindy that is so funny what you ds said about your dh. I always say I have 3 boys. The oldest one just has more expensive toys. I'm glad that you are feeling better today.

Jan I hope you had a relaxing dinner tonight with your friend.

Grateful maybe you will like the curtain once you get it hung up. Otherwise just bring it out when Mom is on her way.

Scrapper it sure sounds like you have a busy weekend planned.

Today was my FIL birthday, so we just got back from their house for cake and ice cream.

Tomorrow Andrew is working and dh is going somewhere with his brother. I plan on sleeping in and then doing what I want. I might go into work for a couple of hours. I need to get my Mothers Day credits done by mid week and it would give me a head start on next week. Only 12 more days of school

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening. I am going to take some of that super dooper cough syrup tonight. My cough has been very annoying this evening and the cough syrup really knocks me out, so I will hopefully sleep very soundly in my nice cool house
Unread 05-17-2008, 10:06 AM

Good morning!

I slept in until 9:00 today. That felt good! I'm just going to laze around until it's time to get ready for our dinner. We have to leave her at 4:00, because it takes an hour to get there. Our dinner reservation is at 5:45, but they want us to be there at 5:00 for cocktails. I'm not much of a drinker, but I will usually have a drink before dinner and a glass of wine with dinner when we go to these. I got a movie for the kids to watch tonight and Big ds will put the little ones to bed. They always like it when he reads them a bedtime story. It's more fun than when mom does it! lol

Jan I hope you had a nice dinner with your friend last night. What a good way to end your week.

Lisa I'm glad you got the AC running. Wow that is really hot weather! I like warm weather, but not quite that warm. I hope you enjoy your day to yourself today. I hope that cough goes away soon.

Have a good day ladies!
Unread 05-17-2008, 10:57 AM

Hi Ladies,

I had a good time with my friend last night. It was much needed stress relief. She agrees with all you ladies have said about Dumb A.

Today I am trying to finish the laundry and cleaning. Tomorrow. If I can get that done tomorrow I should have a free day. I had to go to an 8am committee meeting so I did not get to sleep in, but hopefully tomorrow.

I am going to make chicken for dinner. Not much else going on. I feel like taking a nap, but don't exactly see that happening!

Lisa I am glad you got that AC back on! Take care of that cough. Enjoy your time to yourself.

Cindy your plans sound great. I hope you have some fun mixed in with the business, as well as an excellent meal.

Enjoy your day ladies!!
Unread 05-17-2008, 04:51 PM

I slept in until 9:30 this morning. It felt so good to catch up on some sleep. I went into one of my stores and worked for a few hours. I am now caught up at that store. It will make for an easier week coming up.

DH got home around 3 this afternoon. He had gone with his brother to a motorcycle swap meet. It was very hot there and now he is napping on the couch with the AC blasting. Andrew got off at 2 today and he is in his room relaxing right now. He is leaving tomorrow morning at 6 with 4 other co-workers to spend the day at Magic Mountain. He loves going on rides. I'm sure they will have a blast. It's a 4 hour drive from here.

I went this afternoon and did my grocery shopping. I won't have to leave the house tomorrow. I am looking forward to my day tomorrow to just rest and catch up around here.

Jan I'm glad you had a nice dinner last night with your friend. Sorry you didn't get to sleep in this morning.

Cindy I hope you have fun at your dinner tonight. I love it when I don't have to cook.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register