2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 221 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 05-19-2008, 07:05 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies!

We had a nice weekend. Our dinner Saturday night was good. The food was excellent and it was a nice time. Yesterday we did a little shopping then came home and we all watched a movie. Today is my hot lunch day. My house is so bad but I probably won't have time for cleaning today.

Lisa I'm glad you were able to get caught up at work. I hope your were able to have a quiet day yesterday.

Jan I hope you got all of your chores done on Sat. so you were able to have a free day Sunday.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2008, 08:54 PM

Hi ladies!

You all must be busy. I thought I'd check in before bed. Big ds was home sick today. He has a bad cold and is sneezing constantly. I've banned him to his room, I'm am so worried that everyone here is going to catch it. I've been going up and waiting on him and giving TLC, but I practically hold my breath when I go in his room I just really want a break from these bugs. I did work hot lunch. Since next Monday is memorial day, I only have one hot lunch day left before school is out for the summer. It seems like it flew by. We did very well at our school's silent auction in March. The kids will have new playground equipment when they start back in the fall. I going to go read for awhile and off to bed.

I hope you are all having a good evening.
Unread 05-19-2008, 09:19 PM

Today was another busy day. Only 11 more days of school I gave my letter of resignation to my boss today and she said she understands, but wishes I would stay. She said if my new store doesn't work out, I can always go back there. It will be nice leaving on good terms.

This AM there was some excitement in the neighborhood. I am a very observant person and a good judge of character. When I walked out my front door, I could hear a man talking on my neighbors porch. I noticed a bike on the sidewalk in front of her house. I stayed on my porch until he walked and got on his bike. As I was walking to my car he rode by and said "excuse me maam, God bless you, is the man of the house home right now?" Dummy me says no, he's at work. He says thanks and keeps going. I watch him and he goes up to the house 3 doors down. The whole thing gave me the creeps and I called the police. They showed up shortly after that. I saw him go to 3 other houses. When the police arrived I couldn't see where he had gone and then as I was talking to the officer, I saw him about 2 blocks down and pointed him out. The officer took off to talk to him. I ran inside and turned on my scanner and was listening when the officer caught up to him. He ran him on the scanner to check for warrants and guess what?????? He is on parole for burglary. I'm sure he was casing out the houses to come back to and ding dong me told him no one was home. When my neighbor gets home later I'm going to ask her what he was saying to her. I guess you just have to trust your instincts and mine was screaming at me today.

Cindy I'm glad you had a nice time at your dinner. I hope your ds gets to feeling better.

Today it was only 102. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 91. Wednesday in the high 70's and breezy. I will be so glad when I can turn off the AC and leave the windows open.

Right now I am waiting for the sun to go down a little more and then I am going to mow the front yard.

I hope everyone has a restful evening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2008, 06:03 AM

Morning ladies. These allergies are out of control and working my nerves real bad! I've been taking 2 different antihistimines a day and I'm quite sure you're not supposed to do that! Oh well, it at least helps a bit! It was 99 degrees here yesterday and my flowers were wilted. I had DS water them last night. We have a sprinkler system but it stopped working and DH is like yeah I"m gonna look at that. I'm thinking yeah in the year 2025 MAYBE! Ok, I'm gonna whine for a second. It gets on my nerves when he just takes his sweet little time getting things fixed. I want to just say, look dude just get up off your a** and fix it! I got home yesterday at 6, he got home at 4 and he was sleep on the sofa with no dinner fixed. I was NOT happy about that!! Okay, I'm done.

Lisa- that is scary about the weird dude in the neighborhood. Good thing you followed your instincts. People amaze me, they really do. What did your neighbor say? Glad your AC is up and working and looks like the lower temps are coming your way. I think your heat is headed here.

Jan-Good you could get away to have dinner with your friend. She sounds very, very wise LOL. We'll have to stop and pick her up on our way to deal with dumb a.

Cindy- that bug just won't leave your poor house alone. I hope DS feels better and no one catches it. Sounds like your dinner went very nice and I hope you looked extra-cute in your capris!

Quick- The people at your work overreacted and it all seemed unnecessairy. I hope things are better now. How was the wedding?

Well, I'd better get my act in gear and get in the shower. I still have to work on that super-secret project at work. It's due the end of next week. DS has to go back to school the day after memorial day, that's their last day. I have 1 church camp, 1 basketball camp and 1 vacation planned. Other than that, I'm stumped. I finally found someone to clean my house, I decided I'm over trying to do that myself. She'll come every other Monday, so she doesn't come for another week. I hope she's good because I like the place to sparkle, I just don't have the time to make sure it does. My neighbors want to use her but I haven't even tried her out yet, she's a referral from a friend at work. she even does all of your laundry, all for $70. I will just have to take my lunch, which I can definitely do to cut back. Gotta go hit the shower before the others get in my way and realize I walk around with no clothes on! LOL. Have a great day ladies, will check back in later!
Unread 05-20-2008, 06:19 AM

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading your posts but just have not been able to post myself. Sat I finished all the cleaning. Sunday I spen t the am shopping with GD and then the rest of the day hanging out with ODD, YDD, and GD. Yesterday my allergies were so bad I was all medicated up which made me so tired I was sound asleep by 8:30! The bad thing is I still feel this morning all stuffy, sneezy, and like I have a film over my eyes.

I had to work late last night and may have to a few times this week. This is really a busy time of year at the coop finishing up. I can't wait for break!

Cindy I hope big DS feels better today. Lisa good instincts. girl! Stay safe. Grateful good luck on that project, and could you please send Suzy Sparkle up to IL when your house is finished? $70 that is a bargain for all that.

Have a good day ladies, TTYL.
Unread 05-20-2008, 09:08 AM

Good morning ladies!

I hate to keep coming on here and complaining about sickness, but, now poor little ds has been sneezing all morning. I think he's caught big ds's cold. I was spraying lysol yesterday and trying not to let the other kids come in contact with big ds. I feel like once everyone is well I need to have some professionals come in and disinfect the whole house! lol O.k. enough whining! It's been on the chilly side here. We're still having to wear light jackets. We are supposed to get a couple of 80 degrees days this week, but we might get some rain this weekend. Since I won't be doing much with the boys sick, I'll probably do a little cleaning and laundry.

Lisa good thing your senses kicked in about that guy! We have alot of people knocking on our door selling things. I never let them get to their speech. Some of them get really irritated when you blow them off. It always makes me nervous, because you just never know. Good for you trusting your instincts!

Grateful I hear you about dh! Mine is the same. I have to nag and nag to get him to do the simplest things. The things you have planned for the summer sounds fun. That is a good amount of activities. You got an excellent price on your cleaning service. Good luck on your project!

Jan it sounds like you had a nice girls day on Sunday. I'm sorry about your allergies! My allergies usually act up this time of the year, but I've been lucky they haven't been too bad this year.

Scrapper I hope everything is going well with you.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 05-20-2008, 08:58 PM

What a day!!! I'm sure you remember my story a few months back about my cats and my waterbed. Well I thought I had that dang thing cat proofed. They showed me today that it wasn't Right before I was leaving this afternoon I walk in the bedroom to feed them and the comforter and sheets were pulled back and the mattress was exposed. I about fainted. I stuck my hand down between the mattress and side and at first it was dry. Then I moved my hand and found the wet spot. I cannot believe they did it again. This time it's only 2 little holes, so dh helped me put a waterproof patch on it. If it doesn't hold we will have to drain it and then re-patch it. It's a good thing I love those cats so much or they would be out of here. I don't know what I'm going to do to prevent this again. I thought I already had that taken care of.

I talked to my neighbor today about the guy from yesterday. She has an old car parked in her driveway and she said he wanted to know if it was for sale. When I told her what I knew about him it really shook her up. She said she will defintely be keeping an eye out for him.

Grateful I know what you mean about dhs. Sometimes they can be so clueless. It sounds like you have some fun activities planned this summer. Enjoy your cleaning lady.

Cindy I'm so sorry that the bug is making it's rounds again in your house. I hope no one else gets it.

Jan I'm sorry that your allergies have been so bad. I hope the rest of the week goes by fast for you and you can rest this weekend. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your girls.

Today was only 89 and tomorrow is supposed to be 77. I may just have to bust out with my thermals if it gets any cooler. I have the house opened up right now and the breeze feels so good.

Tonight is garbage night, so I need to go dump all the garbage cans and get the big cans out to the curb. I hope everyone has a great evening.
Unread 05-21-2008, 05:47 AM

Hi Ladies,

I feel bad that I have been a bit lax on posting but right now things are so busy with the end of the school year.

Cindy I am sorry that bug is hanging around! Lisa it is definitely a good thing you love those cats. I hope the patch holds.

Today I have to take the intern, that is going to be filling my spot next year with me all day. I will have to do that some next week as well. I have a full schedule so we will be busy. DH is working today so it will be abusy evening as well. I better get in the shower.

Have a great day!
Unread 05-21-2008, 02:25 PM

Hi ladies!

I went to our thrift store today and I have to tell you all about my most awesome bargain. First I have to tell you about their punch cards. Every time you spend 10.00 you get a punch. When your punch card is full you get 10.00 off your next purchase. I had a full punch card when I went in. It happened to be bag day. All the clothing you could fit in a bag for 10.00. Well I can stuff a HUGE amount of clothing in a bag. I ended up with so many clothes and since I had a full punch card, all I paid was 53 cents in tax. They are very choosy about the donations that they accept, so they have nice things. The store was packed and most of the kids clothes were gone. I got a few things for the kids. But I got myself alot of clothes. Mostly tops, but I did get a nice pair of shorts and a nice skirt as well.

Little ds has a cold, but not too bad. He's up and playing and no temp so luckily nothing major. Big ds is getting better, but not 100%. I'm making chicken for supper.

Lisa I'm thinking loving your cats is a big bonus for them right now! lol Do they mostly stay in your bedroom? Could you keep your bedroom door shut and try to make another cozy spot for them to hang out? Thankfully it wasn't a major hole this time. Sounds like that guy was using a different line everytime he talked to someone. Do you know what the police did when they caught up with him? Oh Lisa, you are so cute! You're thinking about busting out the thermals at 77 degrees and if we ever get to 77 I'll be thinking about busting out the shorts! lol

Jan hang in there. The school year is almost over. I'm sure you are looking forward to the break. I hope everything goes well with the intern.

I hope you are all having a good day.
Unread 05-22-2008, 05:15 PM

Hi ladies!

We finally have a nice warm sunny day. Today is my birthday. A friend of mine took me out for lunch. DH and the kids are taking me out to dinner then we'll come back for cake. For the last two years DH has totally forgotten my birthday, so this year he is going a bit overboard. He brought my cake home last night. He came down at six this morning to tell me happy birthday and has called me and told me at least ten times today. He just called and told me we're going out for dinner. It's fun watching him make up for the last two years! LOL

Little ds still has a cold and big ds is on the end of it now. DH is taking tomorrow off, so it will be a nice long holiday weekend. Do any of you have plans for memorial weekend? It's supposed to br rainy here, but if the weather cooperates we'll be outside grilling. One of the days we're planning to take the kid's to see a movie. DD has a birthday party to go to on Memorial day. Why they are having it on Memorial day is beyond me. I'm hoping to do some relaxing.

I hope you are all having a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register