2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 226 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-02-2008, 04:29 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

sounds like everyone enjoyed their weekends. Ours was good too. DD had a ball at Disneyland on Friday. I picked her up at 11:30 that night from school...3 busses went. So I enjoyed my Friday after work. I went for some pampering - a manicure and pedicure. Then I stopped and got dinner. My last stop was Target - I took my time. Then I went home and watched TV and relaxed until it was time to go pick dd up.

On Saturday dd had a hair cut appt. and then we did some shopping. I found a dress for me to wear to her graduation. We stopped and had some frozen yogurt then headed home. Yesterday met my sisters and then went to dinner.

Lisa - our weather has been in the 70's as well - very nice. Hope the cream has helped you.

Hyper - I agree rainy, cold weather doesn't motivate me either. I'd rather be relaxing & watching TV or something. I'm sure the kids are excting about school ending. How was the school play?

Mrswillie - glad you got the rest you needed. Hope you're feeling better. I want to see Sex and the City but I will probably wait for awhile. That was nice of your office mates to take you to lunch.

Grateful - hang in there with your project. Just think you'll have something to look forward to when it is all over...your margarita...LOL.

Well have a great evening ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2008, 08:02 PM

Hi everyone

I finished my last hot lunch day. I really enjoy it and I'll look forward to doing it again next year. But it will be nice to have a break. Big ds went to a friends after school. About a half hour after he was gone I got a call from the friend's mom. They were riding on go carts and Big ds lost control on a turn and fell. She assured me he was o.k., but warned me that his arm had a really bad abrasion. She cleaned it and put antibiotic salve on it. So I was pretty shaky going to pick him up. He was o.k., but his arm looks so bad. The entire underside of his upper left arm is abraised and bruised. The mom broke down in tears when I got there, because it scared her and she felt bad. Big ds has no experience with go-karts and she felt horrible that she wasn't aware they were riding them. I told her that he wasn't seriouly injured, and stuff happens. But he isn't allowed to ride them again. I'm just thankful, he's o.k. and it wasn't worse. Tomorrow night is our 8th grade banquet. Everything has been going smoothly with the food. I'll have to spend a few hours tomorrow afternoon helping to prepare everything. Then I'll have to come back an hour before the banquet and help set the food table up. We had rain today and are supposed to have rain the entire week. Ugh!

Grateful it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I'm glad you went for some pampering. I'm glad dd had a good time and disneyland as I suspected she would. When is graduation? Our school play turned out so nice. The first play was K-4 which was more of a musical. The second was 5-8 and it was so good.

I hope you all are having a relaxing evening. Take care and sleep well.
Unread 06-03-2008, 07:06 AM

Hi ladies,

We are having a time with illness at our house. GD and I are better, but the crud still lingers not completely going away. YDD has it too now. Yesterday GD got sent home from daycare with an allergic reaction to something, not sure what, but the welts have gone down now soshe is back there this morning.

Cindy we are having the same weather you are. It was nice and warm, but it is cooler today, maybe get into the 70's but storms again, and supposed to be storms all week. Good luck with that banquet tonight. I know you have it under control and that it will all come out great.

Scrapper I am glad your DD had fun. Your mani and pedi sound great. I need to do that when things slow down. Is graduation this weekend?

Grateful I hope you have finished your project and have enjoyed your margarita!

Lisa I hope you are feeling better and I imagine your school days are almost finished up.

Well I should get to work. Have a great day ladies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2008, 10:01 PM

One more day of school tomorrow I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy that I don't have to get up so darn early anymore. Sad because I am going to miss those kids. I learned yesterday that the school schedules are changing next year and it would have been really difficult with my card job to make it work, so I have made the right decision.

The weather has been perfect here. Today it was 82. Tomorrow a little cooler.

Jan I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope your ydd feels better soon.

Cindy I'm sure everything went smootly tonight with your banquet. I'm glad your ds wasn't seriously hurt in the go cart accident. Scary.

Scrapper I'm glad your dd had a good time in Disneyland. We leave 3 weeks from tomorrow. It sounds like you enjoyed your "me" time while she was away.

I need to go and get my last load of laundry out of the dryer and then hit the bed. I know when the alarm goes off in the morning, I am not going to want to get up. Only one more day
Unread 06-04-2008, 07:23 AM

Hi ladies,

Last night I picked up gd and came home and made dinner with DH. We grilled chicken, and I made stuffing, and some of those steamfresh vegetables. Then I gave GD a bath. She wanted to read books for about an hour and then she played with DH a little bit before bed. DH gave her a little bit of decaf iced tea in her own cup. She was so thrilled to have her own "coffee". She kept saying more coffee peaz. What a cutie. After she went to bed DH and I relaxed in front of the television.

Lisa congrats on your last day!! I am counting down. I am not sure if I will finish up Friday or Monday, but either way the end is near. Our weather is getting better temp wise, but it is still so rainy right now.

Cindy I hope DS's arm is healing ok. How did the banquet go? I am sure well but I am interested to hear the details.

Well I have a meeting this morning so I better get going.
Have a great day!
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:09 PM

Hi ladies!

The banquet went well. It was a luau theme and the decorating commitee did an excellent job. Everything went smoothly for me and the other gal with the food. They had a slide show on a big projector screen of the graduates with pics from baby on up. It was so cool. The graduates and their parents played "Are you smarter than an eight grader" and they had a limbo contest. Our guest speakers were their teacher and our pastor. It was really nice. I was tired though when I got home from cooking all day and then she and I had to clean all the dishes and the kitchen.
DS's arm still looks bad. It's going to take awhile to heal. DD's teacher is expecting a baby in July and we found out Monday morning her doc has put her on bedrest for three weeks. DD was so sad that her teacher wouldn't be there for the last days of school.

Lisa yeah for your last day! I know you will miss the kids, but I agree you made the right decision. You have been having such nice weather. We've had nothing but rain this week.

Jan it sounds like you had a nice evening. How cute with your GD and her "coffee". You know she's going to be wanting some more coffee. Yeah for you as well, almost being done with work. We have a half day of school tomorrow and then the kids are done.

Enjoy your day and evening.
Unread 06-04-2008, 08:32 PM

Well, I'm done I made it through my last day with no tears. When I was driving into work this afternoon I thought I was going to start, but I got control and the afternoon went by very fast. Tomorrow I get to sleep in No alarm clock for me.

Today has been a very windy day. I hate the wind. It is supposed to die down tonight and be a mid 80's day tomorrow.

Jan it sounds like you had so much fun with Sadie last night. That was cute about her "coffee" story.

Cindy your banquet sounds like a huge success. How fun.

I just got back from PetSmart. Twice a year they have employee appreciation and they give each employee a coupon for 30% off. I met Andrew on his dinner hour and we shopped. So $120.00 later, I am stocked up on dog and cat food and the cats have some new toys to play with. I am saving some of the toys for when we're on vacation. Then hopefully they'll leave my bed alone while I'm gone.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.
Unread 06-05-2008, 09:52 AM

Hi all!

I'll be picking up the kids shortly and they will be done for this school year. To me it went by fast. When I pick up the kids a friend and I are going to take our kids to Mcdonalds for lunch. It's rainy again, we're supposed to have some severe weather later. I hope it passes us by. Tonight we have a closing church service and graduation. All the kids sing and the 8th grade will graduate. After the service the kids get their report cards.

Lisa I'm sure you enjoyed sleeping in this morning. I'm planning on doing that tomorrow. I realized Fridays will be my only day to sleep in because between dd and big ds their activities are Mon-Thur in the mornings.

Jan I hope you are winding down with work and will be done soon. I hope YDD is feeling better.

Have a good day ladies!
Unread 06-05-2008, 09:56 AM

Good morning ladies,

Yes, the school year is ending. Dd's last day is the day of her promtion - June 12th. They are starting to turn in textbooks. she said the yearbooks have arrived and since she is on yearbook staff they are sorting them and getting them ready for distribution. Next week is a fun week for the 8th graders...taking a panoramic picture, kickball game with the teachers, bbq, dance, practice for the graduation...sure sounds like fun to me.

I found out yesterday that my authorization for my spine injections was approved. I called to get scheduled and they are supposed to get back to me today. At least I'm a lot closer to getting some relief.

Hyper - sorry to hear about ds and his go cart accident. Hope his arm is healing. Sounds like a pretty bad scrape. I can understand the mom being so worried. I would have felt the same. Glad the school play turned out great. The 8th grade banquet sounds like a big success!!!

Mrswillie - hope everyone is feeling better at home. The colds are going around here at work. My co-worker was out 2 days because of her cold. I don't want it!!!! We had chicken too...with baked potatoes and the steamfresh veggies. I like to keep them on hand and dd likes them too.

Lisa - glad to hear that in the end you did make the right decision about your work situation. So are you headed to So. California for your vacation? I'm still not sure what we will be doing for vacation. We may just head to San Diego after dd is done with summer school. I did enjoy "my" time...it is pretty rare that I have free time for me so I have to take advantage of those opportunities.

Work has been really busy. To add to things the teachers will be walking out tomorrow for the first hour of instruction in protest of the budget cuts. The staff at the administrative offices are being sent out to cover at the schools including my boss. She got her phone call yesterday as to where she needs to report. So we will see how things go.
Unread 06-05-2008, 07:52 PM

Hi All,

Well I will have my last full day tomorrow. I will have to do a few things and go to one last meeting on the 20th, but for the most part I will be done until August 14th.

Tonight after work I ran to the store to get some milk and bread and picked up a couple of frozen pizzas. After I picked up GD, ODD, GD and I had the pizzas for supper. We hung out until GD went to bed. After that I straightened up the house and washed towels. I wanted the house presentable because tomorrow night after work my MIL is coming over to babysit GD while we go to a wedding of one of the firemen my DH works with. Tomorrow will be a long day, but since I don't have to work next week I will be able to catch up. My YDD went to six fklags with her bf's family. She still has her cold, so I hope she is doing ok. I am going to make her take it easy a bit this weekend, but I have a feeling that is not going to be as easy as it sounds!

Cindy your banquet sounds like it really went well. I bet you are looking forward to sleeping in and being schedule free tomorrow!

Lisa it sure does sound like you made the right choice. I am glad you were able to get through the day. It sounds like your furkids really made out when you and Andrew did your shopping.

Scrapper I am so glad you get to start the injections! I really hope they are a great success. Sounds like your DD is sure having a great year end. I don't envy you having to deal with the walk out. I will send you ggod thoughts, and I hope things go smoothly for all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register