2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 229 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-12-2008, 04:27 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hello ladies. Okay, I finally feel like I've about climbed this mountain. I did finish my project on Friday and did have my margarita! Funny part about it all, while I was on my 2nd one that evening a coworker called and said the CEO wanted to give me some tickets to an event that night and I was like can't already drunk!! The whole project was intense and I'm glad we're doine for now. I spent most of the weekend recouperating. This week at work has already started off busy which is why i haven't had a chance to post. I've been having those crazy headaches again and Tuesday night I went to bed at 7. Of course I woke up at 2 but hey...Not sure if it's hormones/allergies/stress but my guess is 33 1/3% of each. Anyway, hope I can get back on track with the posting now! DH left this morning to go to his daughters graduation in NC. We had a huge fight about it and he left for the airport w/o saying a word. Apparently (unbeknownst to me at the time) his ex wife was explicit about me not being there and he booked his ticket and sprung it on me Saturday that he was going. Needless to say, didn't go over well with me. I'm just hurt that he went with what she said and discounted my feelings totally. Guess that's what happens when everyone is from a broken family. Anyway, he'll be gone until Monday so it's just DS and I.
Scrapper- happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had a good time. I hope your DD has a memorable graduation. We don't do anything here in the public schools they just booted DS out and were like, go on to high school, see ya...I am putting him on a waiting list for private christian school so hopefully in his sophomore year he can go. What kind of cake did DD make? Although it's 5am here, cake sounds very, very good.

Jan- how did the interview work out for ODD? I'm glad GD did good getting her hair cut. I love seeing little girls with cute cuts, they look like little tweens. I bet she loves being around all the pom girls, that's great. She'll remember how they made her feel special. Hope all is well with dumb a. Lisa and I are always ready to rumble

Cindy-not that it's earth-shattering for me to say this, but I can't get why libraries are closed on Monday? Ours is too and it's very irritating. Not as much as the high gas prices and concerns about the economy but it still nags me! LOL. The weather everywhere is just nuts. Hopefully you'll have a sunny day today. Kids definitely need to be outside running off energy. Hope the movie did the trick though. What did you rent? I'm always interested in what someone else thinks before I watch a movie.

Lisa-glad you got your ac fixed. With the spiking temps there, you definitely needed it. Tell the tortoise to move somewhere else! Sorry I've missed several posts but I presume you're done with your other job and it went well? I bet the kids will miss you though. Looks like you're already filling up your free time! Do you ever just sit on the sofa and just sit? I can't imagine you sitting!

Icre8- I had that issue a few months ago and just like Cindy's doc, mine thought it was granulation as well but when I got there couldn't find anything. I almost felt like I didn't see what I saw but I know it did! Anyway, it went away and I haven't had any issues since.

well, I skipped my 4am date with the gym this morning. I've only been once this week because of the headaches but I'd better start getting ready for work. DS is playing on a BB league and has a game at 4, so I want to head into the office a bit early so I can leave early. I haven't quite got out all of my frustration on DH, so I think I'll email him another piece of my mind while he's waiting at the airport for his flight. LOL. TTYL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2008, 06:40 AM

Good morning ladies!

We may actually have a decent day today. The sun is trying to pop out. Big ds has his strength training this morning, so I'll have to pick him up at 9:30. Then I think I'll get my errands done today. The kids all have a little money and want to spend it, so Target or Walmart is on the list. DH and big DS will be racing slots tonight. I think me and the little ones will go to church. That away when DH and big DS are getting up for church Sunday, I can roll over and go back to sleep. lol I don't go on Thursday too often, more so in the summer, but I like having that option. I'm not sure about dinner yet.

Scrapper happy belated birthday. It sounds like DH and DD made it nice for you. That was special of your dd to bake you a cake from scratch. My kids want to see kung fu panda. Every Wed. and Thurs., the town where I go shopping has 2.50 movie day which includes a popcorn. that is one of the movies coming later this summer, so I think we'll wait and see it then. I'll be anxious to hear about dd's graduation. Let us know when you get a chance. I'm so glad you'll be getting your injection, I hope it helps.

Jan I'm glad gd's haircut went well. I'm sorry you're getting rain now. It's really iffy here today. It looks nice now, but it could rain. My brisket turned out horrible! I've never made it before either. I followed an oven recipe from the internet. I apparantly overcooked it, because it was like concrete on the outside, but somewhat tender on the inside. You just could hardly get to the inside. lol I don't know if I'll be trying that again.

Grateful glad to hear from you. I would be frustrated too! Those guys sometimes just don't get it! I'm glad you got your project done and had your margarita(S)! I'm sorry you're having headaches again. We actually ended up not renting a movie. The kids pulle out some of our old VCR movies and they watched inspector Gadget. I agree with the library being closed on Monday. Actually a majority of small retail are closed on Monday's here. Our library is closed Sat. Sun and Mon. during the summer.

I'd better hop in the shower. Have a good day ladies!
Unread 06-12-2008, 06:47 PM

Popping in to say HI

Things have been busy at work this week with Father's Day coming up. Tomorrow I am traveling to Mariposa to help with a new RiteAid that will be opening soon. Mariposa is about 1 hour from Yosemite National Park. It will be a long day, but a beautiful drive through the mountains.

My Moms birthday is tomorrow, but I know I won't get home until late tomorrow night, so we are going to take her out to breakfast on Saturday morning before they leave on their weekend to my step dads sons house.

Scrapper I'm glad you are finally getting your injections started. I hope your dd graduation went well.

Grateful I would be upset too about dh. I hope you feel better after you gave him another piece of mind LOL. About the sitting on the sofa thing...Rarely happens around here.

Cindy I'm glad your weather is clearing up. We are turning hot here. It is supposed to be 103 tomorrow and through the weekend. I hope you had fun doing your errands today and the kids got to spend their money. About the lawnmower, it's a push but I use the self propelled thingy and it is much easier than just pushing it.

Jan I'm glad gd sat still for her haircut. I bet she looks adorable.

I better get off here and finish getting dinner together. In 1 1/2 hours graduation for the preschoolers is starting. I was invited and might just run out there to see the little cuties. I sure have missed them.

I hope everyone has a great evening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2008, 09:20 PM

Hi Ladies,

We are back to super humid, super stormy weather. I had a busy morning this morning. I went into work for a bit and I ran errands. I bought some new sheers for the living room. I had lace curtains in there that are old and I am sick of them. i tried to hang the sheers, but they are too high for me. I knocked a bracket off and now I have to wait for DH to help me. I hope he is able to help me tomorrow because I hate having the oicture window uncovered. We don't spend alot of time in that room, we use our tv room mostly so I didn't have to spend the evening in there or anything.

Grateful I am glad you are done with the project and able to post again! ODD was told they would not decide about 2nd interviews until week after next. We'll see if she makes the cut. Gd does look cute. It is not real short, but it is alot easier to comb out after her bath. Dumb A is not better, but I am trying not to dwell on it all the time. I am sorry about your DH. I would have been upset as well. I hope you are feeling better now, and I hope he gives some thought to your perspective.

Cindy I have never heard about that Thursday church option before. That is convenient, and sometimes probably a nice change. I would have liked that when iI was a kid and had to go to church. I always prefered Saturday night mass, but it wasn't really up to me back then and often my Mom chose Sunday morning. Sorry about the brisket! It was probably the recipe, not anything you did, but that is always disappointing when things don't turn out as expected. It has certainly happened to me before.

Lisa your drive tomorrow sounds like it will be beautiful I wish I could tag along. Maybe I will go in spirit, LOL. Taking Mom out to breakfast is a great idea. I always enjoy going out for that. It is sweet of you to go to the pre k graduation. They are sooo cute at that age. Don't wear yourself out with all the Father's day work.

Well it is really lightning out there and DH is bugging me to get off the computer, so talk to you all tomorrow. Sleep well.
Unread 06-13-2008, 07:10 AM

Good Morning,

Yesterday ended up staying nice all day. We did our errands. The kids spent their money and we had lunch out. The kids played outside for a little when we got back. DD, little DS and I went to church. DH and big DS went to their slot car league. Today is also a beautiful day. I have a couple of quick errands in town and then the kids are going to play outside. Today noone has any activities so it should be a nice play day.

Lisa it sounds so nice to drive through the mountains. I think I'll come with in spirit with Jan. lol Wow 103! That's a bit warm! lol Did you go to the graduation? If you did I bet they were glad to see you. I think that is a good idea to take your mom out for breakfast.

Jan I hope you get your curtains hung. I don't like having my windows uncovered at night. We seem to be trading weather. We've always had a Thursday night church option. It is nice to have, but we rarely go on Thursday. I don't know why. I hope you're having better weather today.

I hope you all enjoy your day.
Unread 06-13-2008, 11:07 PM

TGIF

Today was a long day, but it was a nice drive in the mountains. It didn't take us as long to get the store set up as we had planned on. It was nice getting home earlier than expected.

We are having some horrible fires here in CA right not. Today BIL got sent up to Northern CA for a big fire that is burning there. They only have it 10% contained, so he could be gone for quite a few days. Our hot, hot weather and very low humidity isn't helping things at all. We had an apartment fire here on Wednesday and it took the firefighters a long time to get it under control. It was very windy that day and it just wouldn't quit burning. It is going to be a horrible fire season around here this year.

I get to sleep in a little tomorrow and then we are heading to my Moms for breakfast. I'm not sure what we will do tomorrow afternoon other than try and stay cool.

I was hoping that BIL would do Father's Day on Sunday, but since he probably won't be here I guess I'll have to do it. We have so many birthdays that I do here in May and June, I just get burnt out of entertaining.

I hope everyone had a great day and have a nice weekend
Unread 06-14-2008, 08:54 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well I did get my curtains hung yesterday morning. I think they look nice, but the family is having some difficulty adjusting, LOL. I have had white lace curtains in the room for 15 years. I was so sick of them. So I just bought some plain semi sheers, but they are colored, sort of an amber color. Well it makes the room, darker and the light is sort of golden. They are all complaining about that. Now mind you this is a room they almost never sit in unless it is either company over or they need a spare tv to watch something that we aren't watching in the tv room or kitchen! I am telling you they are a bunch of whiners.

Tomorrow we are going to MIL's house for Father's day. I am supposed to bring a cake and three bean salad. I am looking through the cake docotr book to pick out a cake recipe but nothing is striking me. I am not sure what I will end up making. That is my plan for today. Shop and make the food for tomorrow, laundry, and rent a movie. DH is working, YDD is going to an overnight,, DS is working and then I am sure he and ODD will go out so tonight it will be just me hanging out. That has not happened in awhile. I'll have to savor the moments!

Cindy we are supposed to have nice sunny weather all day today, so I think you are right about us flip flopping weather.

Lisa I am sorry about your BIL. I will pray for rain for you guys. Maybe you should combine some of those parties. It won't be fun for anyone if you wear yourself out.

Well I better get this cake picked out. TTYL
Unread 06-14-2008, 09:10 AM

Good morning ladies!

We had a good day yesterday. It was nice, but incredibly windy, so we only played outside for a short time. Big ds surprised me and spent time cleaning his room and It was actually clean. DD, little DS and I hit some garage sales. We found a few good bargains. Today is shaping up to be nice, but I haven't been out yet so I don't know if the winds will be an issue today. Father's day will be all about DH tomorrow. My and dad and his have passed, so we focus on DH. I wish I could visit my dad's gravesite, but it is in MO. I'm not sure what will do today. We slept until 9:30 and have been lazing around, so we haven't decided yet.

Lisa I will also pray for rain and some relief from your hot weather. I hope you have a good breakfast with your mom. I can understand your getting burned out with entertaining. I hope it goes well tomorrow and you don't wear yourself out.

Jan I know what you mean about whiners! lol My kids are creatures of habit and if I change anything they have a hard time with it. I think after 15 years it's time for a change and they sound lovely. I'm sure you will find a nice cake to make. Enjoy your time tonight.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 06-14-2008, 10:14 AM

Thank you Cindy! My DH, I love him, but he is not very realistic about things. That combined with being a bit frugal is not always a good combination. When we buy something he thinks it should last a lifetime, or at the very least until it falls apart. He did not see the need for the new curtains. I bought them on sale for $7.50 a panel (8 panels) for heavens sake. That did shut him up, but he still does not see the need to change something, for style, or even just for a chnage of pace. I swear sometimes you would think he was born in the 30's, LOL.
Unread 06-15-2008, 08:03 AM

Good Morning ladies,

We had a heck of a storm this morning at 6. The hail woke me up. More storms are predicted but the sun is peeking out now. I wish I could send some of the rain your way Lisa!

Well I chose melted ice cream cake from the cake doctor book. I have never made it before so I hope it tastes good. I tasted the icing before I cleaned the bowl and that definitely came out well.

I have to put my bean sald into a nicer bowl, and cut the cucumbers for my veggie tray, and than I am ready to go. Wow I got alot done without all of my helpers around yesterday! I shopped, I cooked, I finished laundry, I weeded, I cleaned, and I relaxed. Maybe it won't be so bad some day when all these kids are gone, lol.

Well I better head into that shower. I hope all your loved ones have a great Father's Day. Happy Sunday Ladies!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register