2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 230 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-15-2008, 10:42 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning all!

We had a nice day yesterday. We spent most of the day outside. The kids played and DH and I talked. We bbq'd pork steaks and had baked beans, cole slaw and corn on the cob. After dinner we all watched a movie. Today is a nice weather day. I'm not sure what we're are doing. We're taking DH out for lunch, then he gets to choose what he wants to do.

Jan it sounds like you had a productive and relaxing day yesterday. I always find it amazing how fast and efficient you can be when you're by yourself. I like your choice of cake. It sounds yummy. I hope you have nice weather and a good time.

I hope everyone has a good Father's day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2008, 09:10 AM

Hi Ladies,

We had a nice day yesterday. The weather was stormy but we still bbqed and had fun.

GD was happy about her new Princess toddler bed, but she was even happier about the new little cinderella doll I left laying on the pillow as a surprise for her. It took me an hour to get her to sleep. She walked out about 25 times, but I put her back everytime and she finally fell asleep and slept through the night. I think tonight will be easier now that we did it once.

YDD is having a tie dying party here tomorrow to finish up those outfits they are making for pom camp. I have to go with her to get supplies and snacks today. I plan on making tuna noodle casserole for dinner. Other than that I have no plans so we'll see where the day takes us.

I hope you ladies are having a great day!!
Unread 06-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Another Procedure!!! Not feeling well today, darn.

Just saw the GYN this morning, ugh! Not good. Just had some slight spotting with intercourse nothing much, figured I should inquire since its been 8 months since TAH.

July 22nd having a "colposcopy", look it up on google.com and see, its a camera that goes up there and they check out the part that is sewn up with a bright light.

BECAUSE.... I almost passed out while making sounds of pain just from him using that speculum or whatever its called when they do the regular exam to see what's inside. OMG!!!! Sharp pain, I'm moaning "OOOOOHHHH" and the GYN is politely saying 'just let your knees fall outward and relax", Yea sure! Unbelievably painful! He couldn't look up there much and I wouldn't let him as it was way too much sharp pain. He didn't know why that was happening because he couldn't see because I was jumping backwards away from him!

He said, we're going to have to do this again, with some strong pain meds or anethesia, but anesthesia was not the norm so... he wrote a script for some pain meds, I'm to take them one hour before procedure and two days prior start taking anti-inflammatory like Naproxen and have someone drive me there for the procedure.

After the exam, the doctor and I talked. He is doing this because he supposes I have "granulation tissue" but he has to look at it, maybe take a biopsy. Then I went and laid down in my truck for half hour waiting for the dizziness to go away from the sharp pains in my vagina. Took some mild pain meds and then drove home. Taking it easy now, laying down at home, some discomfort still.

OH I FORGOT, he put silver nitrate on it today. That didn't hurt at all... lie, not true, everything up there hurt. Said it may take one to three treatments of that.

So... are you wondering does intercourse hurt, answer: No. I had no clue, no no no clue that I would have experienced any pain with the speculum.... goodness, what a shock.

Oh boy, my Dh is really worried. I'm not worried too much, just a little scared of the doctor looking up there again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Estradiol, Climara patch

Forgot to mention,
My doc DID agree to let me have the Climara patch every six days instead of the prescribed seven.

That patch doesn't last seven days on my body. He easily agreed to that.

One thing good today anyway.
Unread 06-16-2008, 04:53 PM

Hi everyone,

We had nice weather today. DD had squirt ball this morning. Then we came home and the kids played outside. In fact dd is still out there. We have some pork steaks left over, so I'm going to warm them up for dinner.

Jan I'm glad gd like her bed and her doll. It's always a struggle the first night or so, but she'll get used to it. Did you end up leaving the crib up? It sounds like a fun party ydd is having.

Icre8art I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. That is odd that it hurt with the speculum but not with intercourse. I hope the test goes well and everything turns out fine.

Lisa, Grateful and Scrapper I hope you all had a nice weekend.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Unread 06-16-2008, 08:50 PM

Our electricty went out this weekend and messed up our DSL. Now we are back up and running. Andrews the only one that knows how to fix it. I guess I should pay more attention next time. The electricity actually went out twice during the weekend. He fixed it the first time and then it went out again. He said I'm waiting and seeing if it happens again. He finally got us fixed up again this morning.

Today at work was a busy day. I started at 6:45 this morning and only got 2 of my 3 stores done. Father's Day is history now I will go in early tomorrow and get my last store changed over. On Friday we are doing the big re-set at my biggest store. Every single card comes down and new cabinets put up and then everything goes back up. What a job. I'll sure be glad when it's done and my department will be back to normal. I have hated the past 6 weeks with it being so disorganized. I felt like no matter how much I straightned up, it was always a mess.

It sounds like everyone had nice Fathers Day celebrations. We ended up having my inlaws over for a bbq. DH turns 50 next Tuesday. I have decided to just invite a few close friends over for a bbq. Dh doesn't know yet. He will find out when they all show up. Matthew will be home because we are leaving for Disneyland on Wednesday morning. It will be nice to have a celebration with the whole family here.

Cindy I'm glad your weather is clearing up. We are still hot here. Today I think it was close to 100.

Jan I'm glad gd likes her new bed. How exciting for her.

Icre8 I'm sorry to hear about your appt. today. I hope the test is pain free and you find out what is going on.

I need to go and figure out something for dinner. DH gets off in an hour and I have no idea what I'm fixing tonight. I really need to go to the grocery store, but that will wait for tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:56 AM

Good morning ladies

I've been having trouble falling asleep for the last week or so. It's starting to take a toll. I am really tired this morning. At least it's sunny outside. We are supposed to have fairly nice weather the next few days. I have to pick big ds up from strength training at 9:30 then take him to summer school. Me and the other two will stop at the library and then play it by ear. My neighbor has an 7 yr old boy and 9 yr old girl. They go to school with the kids and dd plays with the girl sometimes. The mom invited dd over to play and little ds wanted to go, so the mom said let him come too. So I let him. It's the first time I've let him do that and he was so thrilled. I'm going to make spaghetti for supper.

Lisa you have been busy! I'm glad you got your electricity back up and I hope for good. Our electricity went out for 2 1/2 hours last week. Luckily it came back on before dark. It is nice to have your whole family together for DH's birthday and then of course the vacation. You are going to have so much fun.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 06-17-2008, 08:47 AM

Hi Ladies,

Last night I typed a long post then I went to submit it and I lost it all. I was so frustrated I did not retype it. I am hoping that does not happen again.

Yesterday DH took the old fisher price little people family playhouse out of the refters to give to GD. She just loved it. It kept her busy all evening and she wanted to play with it this morning. i told her it would still be here after school. We have the farm and the gas station too so I guess he should get those down as well. Since we saved all that stuff I am glad she likes it and is going to use it.

It still took me an hour to get her to stay in her bed and fall asleep last night. I can't wait until we don't have to go through this routine anymore! I know it takes a bit.

The poms are starting to arrive. I hope most of the mess stays in the garage, but I am not holding my breath for that, lol.

Lisa I am glad your DSL got fixed. Funny thing is I have had my Broadband go out 2x in 2 weeks. So the cable co is coming today between 12-2 to put in a new modem. I sure hope it helps and does not make things worse! I am always nervous anytime the computer has to be messed with because sometimes change is not always for the better with computers. You must be getting excited for your trip. That is going to be alot of fun.

Cindy I am sorry about your sleep. I know you still have your ovaries, so it is probably not an estrogen thing. I am not sure what it could be. I hope itgoes away. Did you ever buy soy milk? Maybe a few glasses of that might not hurt just in case. I hope you are able to relax a bit today.

I am just making leftovers tonight. My kitchen is being over run so I best get going. Have a good day!!
Unread 06-18-2008, 12:18 AM

Good evening. It is 10:00 and I am finally able to relax for a few minutes before I go to bed. Today was another hectic day, but tomorrow and Thursday should be much easier

It was another hot day here. I got both yards mowed this evening, once the sun started going down. It was actually quite nice out this evening. Right now there is a breeze.

I never made it to the grocery store today, so that will be top priority tomorrow.

Cindy I hope you start getting a good nights sleep. I am so cranky when I get behind on mine.

Jan I saved all of our fisher price sets, also. Hopefully one day I will have some grandkids that will like them as well as your gd does. We have about 6 different sets. I can remember the firehouse, zoo, and post office. My boys would play for hours with them.

I'm off to bed now. I hope everyone has a great sleep tonight. I know I will.
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:30 AM

Hello ladies,

Well GD went to sleep alot better last night. She only got up 2x. I let her take a book in with her and I think that helped. In the morning I always set my alarm and get up and showere and dress before she wakes up on week days. Well she was up before my alarm this morning standing next to my bed! The morning was a little tricky but I got her off to school. After that I went to the bank, and cleared the rest of my stuff out of my office since Friday is my last official day with the coop. Today I am going to do some laundry and I am defrosting pork chops to make on the grill tonight.

Lisa I am sure you will have grandbabies to love those toys. Your boys sound so nice certainly there are girls dying to snap up nice guys like them. I am glad you will have a few calm days ahead of you.

Cindy, Scrapper, and Grateful I hope you all are doing well.

Enjoy your day ladies!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register