2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 232 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-21-2008, 11:14 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

I got to sleep in today, which was nice. I got all of my errands done yesterday, so we don't have much going on today. I'll catch up my laundry and I already did cleaning this morning. I'm hoping we will spend some time outdoors later and maybe grill for supper. The back to the 50's car show is this weekend and I'm sure big ds and dh will check that out some time this weekend.

Lisa you have a lot to do before your trip. Save some energy for Disneyland. Poor Matthew! I can't imagine 113 and no A/C. Will he be coming home for the summer, or just for the vacation? That is good that the movie trip was cancelled so you'll have more time to get ready for the party and vacation. I wish I had all of your energy. I'm not a big seafood lover, but I'm glad you got to have your halibut.

Jan I'm sorry it's taking so long for gd to get used to her bed. I understand the sleep issue. It is hard to function when you're sleep deprived. I hope gd gets back to her schedule soon. I'm happy for you to be done with work until Aug. Yay!!

Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2008, 03:37 PM

I slept in this morning and it felt really good

It is another hot day here today. It's supposed to be 105. By Monday it will cool back into the 90's. Matthew said it was going to be 107 today. After that it will cool back down to normal temps for them. He said he will probably be home tomorrow afternoon and go back home next Sunday. He will spend through July there and then be moving back to this area. His lease is up on Aug. 10 and he isn't renewing it. He has an apartment lined up where he will be going back to school to get his teaching credential. He will be about 20 minutes from us. It will be nice to have him close to home again. We will be helping him move the end of July.

Jan I'm sorry that gd still isn't adjusting to her new bed. I'm glad you are done with work for now and can relax some.

Cindy I hope you get to enjoy some time outdoors today. My dh would enjoy going with your dh and ds to the car show. DH has a 55 chevy truck that he has put a lot of work into. He just loves those old cars.

This morning I was cleaning up the kitchen and when I was done I noticed the water wasn't draining very well from the sink. I turned on the disposal on the other side of the sink and held the stopper down on the clogged side. I thought that would help clear out the line. Wrong...I didn't realize that the pipe under the sink was leaking and all the water I was running was going under the sink. I think I blew up the pipe What a mess I had to deal with. Luckily I have some plastic storage trays under the sink and the water was dripping onto those. No major damage, just a big mess. DH said he would look at it when he gets off of work.

I better get off of here and get it back into cleaning gear. I hope everyone has a great day
Unread 06-22-2008, 05:54 PM

Hello ladies! It's been a while for me. I tell you what, I have been so down in the dumps, I couldn't even post! That whole thing with DH really made me very sad and angry. We have since talked about it and decided we'd better go to counseling. So, that's what's on the horizon at my house! I haven't felt well nor have I slept well. I only made it to the gym one morning last week. Being mad takes a lot of energy! I'm joking sort of but it's really true now that I think about it! I did have a physical last Monday and he did give me some hormones. Convinced me that the hyster threw me into early menopause even though I kept my ovaries. All I can say is sigh...The hormones are really messing me up but I suspect they just take some getting used to. Can't recall the name but they're 1/2 estrogen 1/2 testosterone. Hope I don't grow any unwanted hair!!! I'll get over myself, 'nuff whinning!

Anyway, been thinking about getting a new car. Went looking today since there is no one there on Sunday's and you can look in peace. I think I might get a Saturn VUE hybrid. Those are nice. I really want a Yukon but with gas prices the way they are, not thinking it's a good idea. Although, you can get one now for practically free!
Lisa- it has been very hot your way. Glad Andrew is coming home for some relief. I can't imagine no AC! You will be busy for your trip and I agree with Cindy, the movie might have been a tipping point for your already busy schedule. The pipe thing sounds dreadful. I chuckled as I read that though, imagining you getting underneath, strapping on your tool belt and fixing it. That's Lisa!!

Cindy- I hope you get your sleep pattern back. That is truly no fun. Sleep depravation is so bad, especially with little ones. Take care of yourself because no one else will jump in and do it!!!

Jan- Little GD is so very precious. Bless her not wanting to sleep. Sounds like you're about to round the corner though. Hang tough, she's just a little kid, you can outlast her . Seriously though, you're really doing good. I remember going through that with DS and he just cried and cried for over a week then he was fine and never looked back. I love the fisher price toys, I want to come and play with GD!

Icre8- I hope you get to feeling better. It sure has been a while since the hyster to still be having these problems.

Karen and Scrapper, hope all is well your way!!!
Okay, I have to run and proctor a test for a friend around the corner. Here is to 2 hours of watching her write!!! B-O-R-I-N-G!!! Will check in in the morning, sleep well ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2008, 09:36 PM

Hi ladies!

We had a pretty good weekend. Yesterday DH and big DS played a round of golf and dd, little ds and I met them for dinner when they were done. Today DH and big DS went to the car show for awhile then we grilled. The weather was nice. We had a few brief rain showers here and there, but nothing major. My biggest happy news...My oldest DS called to tell me they are having another baby! I am happy for them. I can't believe I'm going to have 2 grandkids. Of course being a mother, I wanted to give him the "get married" lecture, but I held my tongue. Hopefully they will decide to do that on their own...SOON. I worry about her though, because she is diabetic. She just took a home pregnancy test and hasn't been to the doc yet. She said her blood sugar is already acting up. She's going to call the doc tomorrow and they'll will most likely have her in right away to adjust her insulin. Anyhow, I am happy for them. They have a good relationship and are responsible good parents already. DH did bedtime duty for me tonight, which was nice. I'm still having trouble getting to sleep. Once I finally fall asleep I sleep sound, it's just falling asleep that's not happening. I think I'll read for awhile then try to go to bed.

Lisa you poor thing. Grateful did have me laughing picturing you with your toolbelt. I hope DH can fix it. I hope you get some relief from the heat. That's so nice that Matthew will being living close to you soon.

Grateful I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having. I'm glad to hear that you and DH have decided to go for counseling. That's a positive step to take and hopefully it will help you both get back on track. I hope you get used to your hormones soon and you'll be feeling normal again. We are here for you, especially when you feel like whining. I've missed hearing from you and was glad to see that you posted. I'll be sending a prayer your way.

Scrapper you must be busy. Hope all is well.

Jan I hope GD is adjusting to her bed.

Sleep well ladies!
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:52 AM

Hi Ladies,

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Sunday I went to a baby shower, yesterday we went to watch the dance competition at YDD's camp. GD has been having a rough time. She is not eating well, and not sleeping. Of course this means DH and I are not sleeping much either. This morning her teacher and i were talking and we are starting to wonder if it is her teeth and not her new bed. I am going to try some tylenol before bed tonight and see if it helps.

Lisa I hope your leak is fixed and your house is all ready for the big party tonight. I hope you have a terrific evening!!

Cindy that is fantastic news about your DS and new baby! I hope his GF does ok physically. Please keep us posted.

Grateful I am glad you and DH are taking such a postive step for your relationship. Just the fact that you both have agreed that counseling is a priority is a good sign. I hope all works out well for you. I hope you are adjusting well to the hormones. For me they are a great help, but all I take is estrogen. Why did the doctor decide to go with 1/2 testosterone do you know?

Well ladies I have a house badly in need of some cleaning, so off I go.

Have a great day and talk to you all later.
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:06 AM

hi ladies!

Yesterday dd had squirt ball then we spent the afternoon at the pool. Today after lunch we are going to my friends house for awhile. Then dd has a sleepover at her friends, so I will drop her off on my way home. I think I'm going to make ham and cheese omelets and bisquits and gravy for supper.

Jan that is a good idea to try the tylenol before gd goes to bed. I never even thought that it could be something else and not her bed. I hope the tylenol works and you all start getting some sleep again. ODS called this morning when I was in the shower. I haven't had a chance to call him back, but I will sometime today. I'm hoping GF got into the doc and they adjusted her insulin.

Lisa Happy birthday to your DH. I hope your party goes well. If we don't hear from you I hope you all have a great time on your vacation. I'll look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

I hope you are all enjoying your day.
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:17 PM

Hi girls

I am just jumping on to say goodbye for a few days. I am running around right now like a chicken with my head cut off. One way or another I will be ready for tonight and then leaving early in the morning.

DH didn't quite get the leak fixed. At one point he made it worse. Right now we have a drip pan and I said worry about it when we get back. A plumber he is not. He did get the clog fixed though.

Cindy congrats on your new grandbaby to be. I wish her a healthy pregnancy.

Jan I hope the tylenol does the trick.

Grateful I'm so glad that you and dh are agreeing on counseling. I wish you all the best. I hope your hormones kick in soon.

Well girls, I am off. Talk to you this weekend. We will be home really late on Friday night.
Unread 06-24-2008, 03:45 PM

Hi ladies,

I know I haven't posted in awhile....I've just been so busy!!! I scanned through the posts to try and catch up. I hope you are all doing fine.

Dd's graduation turned out really nice. The kids all looked so cute all dressed up. We took her out to lunch that afternoon...my dad and sister in law joined us. On Friday her and I hung out and did some shopping. the next day I had the family over to celebrate then the next day was Father's Day...so it was a busy time. She started summer school at the high school and so far is liking it. She likes her classes and is getting to know the campus.

Work has been really busy too. We are wrapping up the school year. Monday the 30th is the last day of the fiscal year. On the 1st we begin our new school year. Our year round schools begin the new year on that day.

I had a meeting at the high school this morning with the guidance couselor. She wanted to discuss dd's 4 year academic plan for high school. She also told me the classes that she will have and I think she got what she signed up for. She will be taking Spanish as her elective and then concert choir.

Our weather has been so hot...we've had triple digits. Today begins the cool down for a bit. Tonight we have a bowling event for dd's church choir. It is the end of the year event. The director always plans something for them. So I will be one of the chaperones this evening.

We had a scare with my dad on Sunday evening. 911 had to be called. His blood sugar dropped down to 44 ( that is extremely low). They kept him in the hospital for several hours until they stabilized him. My dad is diabetic and on dialysis. He is recovering from that episode. We told him that he needs to eat throughout the day. His bday is tomorrow so we are planning on picking up dinner and go to his house.

Mrswillie - glad you are officially on break now. Hope GD gets used to her bed...how did the tylenol work?

Lisa - have a great vacation....enjoy Disneyland. you have been busy.

Grateful - hope all goes well with counseling and that you can work things out.

Hyper - Congrats on grandbaby number 2...hope all goes well with them. Do they live close by?

Oh and before I forget...I've had my first injection..took me about 3 days to feel better from the side effects. I know what to expect for the next 2. So far I have felt just a little relief...I"m hoping with the next one I will get more relief.

Have a great day.
Unread 06-25-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi everyone,

I picked dd up from her friends this morning and we went to her squirt ball. It was very muggy and warm. I have a guy coming out to look at our dsl. We have been having problems with it for a week. We only get signal a couple times a day. He'll be here anytime between 11-2 so I have to wait around until he shows up. Last night I got the house cleaned. It was nice to wake up to a clean house. I have a Sunbeam meeting tonight. We have a sunbeam roundup every August and we are meeting tonight to start on a few plans. I'm am not even thinking about next school year, but our Pioneer leader is very high strung and she always wants to start planning for next year in June. I'm just going to have sandwiches for supper.

Lisa I hope you got everything done. In fact, I know you did. I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Scrapper It's good to hear from you. I'm glad dd's graduation turned out nice. I'm glad she likes summer school. It sounds like she has her classes and is ready for next school year. I hope your getting your cool down in the weather. I'm sorry about your dad, I hope he is doing better. I'm glad you got some relief from your injection and I hope it gets better with every one.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 06-25-2008, 11:02 AM

Good morning ladies,

Thought I'd better post before things get busier here at work.

The choir bowling event last night was really fun. Dd had a great time. Lots of the kids showed up and I told the choir director that it was a success because all of the kids enjoyed themselves. On the way home, dd asked where is the closet bowling alley to us...LOL. Guess we will be going bowling again soon.

Today after work we are meeting at my dad's for dinner. It is his bday today...he turned 76 and my mom would have been 80. He is doing better..we are monitoring him making sure he is eating and taking his meds.

Weather has cooled off a bit so that is good. Well got to get back to work. Have a great day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register