2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 236 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 07-03-2008, 01:25 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

I just had to pop in real quick and tell you about my day so far. First, I didn't tell you about our little mishap we had here yesterday. When I was working at my store yesterday (15 minutes away) Andrew calls and said that the electricity had gone off and our 55 gallon salt water aquarium was over flowing from the bottom tank. Theres the big tank on top and the there is a smaller tank underneath for the filtration. When the electricity went out the upper tank overflowed into the bottom tank and that filled up and started coming out onto the carpet and it was a huge mess. Andrew handled everything until dh came home from work. DH had just done a water change the day before and had filled the upper tank too full, so it was his fault. What a mess that was, but they had it all cleaned up before I got home. DH even had the washer running with all the towels they used.

Now for todays disaster. I was at work and coming out of the backroom with my huge order that I needed to get put up. Andrew calls me and says "Get home now, Mom" I ask what is going on as I'm running out of the store. He said that the cats went wild with the mattress again and it was really bad. I flew home and water was going everywhere. I started the hose draining and used every single towel I have (including all my good ones that just hang in the bathroom). Right now I am waiting for the bed to get a little lower and then I need to get back to work. I have the washer going right now and another load ready to go in. I thought I had that bed kitty proofed, but I guess I'll have to come up with another plan. Right now they are in kitty jail.

I'm off to work again and if Andrew calls me again, I'm not answering. I'll check back in tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2008, 09:09 PM

Hi everyone,

Today was relaxing. We slept in, then got up and hung out a little with the kids. DH and I spent a little time together catching up. We've had such a busy week, it seems we've hardly talked. We went out for dinner this evening. We don't have anything big planned for tomorrow. We'll sit outside and grill. Then we'll take the kids somewhere to watch fireworks tomorrow evening. I'm going to watch a little tv with dh and go to bed.

Scrapper I'm sorry you're having leg cramps. I get those too, but not for such a long stretch. I'm glad your dad is doing better. I think that is a good idea to hire someone to cook and take him to appts. You have a fun couple of days planned. I hope you have fun.

Lisa you poor thing. How horrible. At least DH and DS cleaned everything up with the first incident. Those naughty cats! Maybe you should give up the waterbed and go with a regular mattress! I wonder if there are any suggestions on an internet search on what to do to cat proof your mattress. Or maybe a good pet store could offer some suggestions. Well I hope you have a quiet day tomorrow. You sure do need a quiet day!

Jan I hope you had a good trip and a nice lunch out today.

I hope you are all having a good evening.
Unread 07-03-2008, 11:49 PM

Well the bed is drained and it wasn't as wet as I thought it would be underneath the frame. DH was not happy when he saw the mess. He said he would patch it one more time and then if it happens again I have to make a choice of the bed, the cats, or him. I think by tomorrow he won't be quite as upset. I did order some soft paws today online. They should be here next week and I hope those will do the trick. It's the Mama cat that is just fasinated by the mattress. When Andrew came out of the bathroom this morning she was the one that was doing the damage. Right now they are still locked up in kitty jail. Tomorrow dh will put a patch on it and we can put everything back together again.

Scrapper I hope your leg cramps lessen for you. Those are not fun. I'm glad your Dad and dd are both doing better. Your weekend plans sound fun. As for Soaring over CA, I did not go on it. I tell you I am such a chicken on rides. I went on it a few years ago and I freaked out. I felt so out of control. I don't like heights and it felt like I was up really high and was going to fall out. I kept saying I wanted off and the other people on the ride were looking at me like I had two heads. My boys said I am too embarrasing to go on that ride with. I agree. That's another added to my list that I rode once and never again.

Cindy I'm glad you and dh had some catching up time. Sounds like you have a relaxing day planned for tomorrow. We have the same plan here. As for a regular mattress, I just can't sleep on them. I just love my waterbed.

I guess I will be sleeping on the couch tonight. Beats the floor. I can't wait to have my bed back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2008, 08:35 AM

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was nice. We stocked up on tons of stuff and we ate at Olive garden. It was very good.

Today is kind of low key. My DH will be busy with the set up and the shoot of the local fireworks. So it will mostly be GD and I. YDD is at camp. ODD and DS will be off at parties. We are going to grill some hot dogs and then just hang out until the fireworks. I always wish DH was home! On holidays are always the hardest when your DH is a fireman.

Lisa I can't believe all you have had happen! Your DH was so much more patient than mine would have been. What is soft paws? I hope it helps. I think I would have to switch to the regular matress or my DH would make lock up the kitties in jail all the time.

Scrapper I am sorry about your leg cramps. MY FIL gets those really bad and his doctor gives him quinine tablets that take the pain right away. I like the idea of getting some aide for your Dad. It would be peace of mind for all of you. We did that for my DH's grandma and she was able to be well cared for in her home for her entire life.

Cindy your time with DH sounds great.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day!!
Unread 07-04-2008, 04:58 PM

Happy 4th

I hope everyone is enjoying the day with their families. We had planned on grilling hamburgers, but MIL called and invited us out to dinner at Strings later. We are going to meet them at 5, because I want to be home early to keep an eye on the dogs. 2 of our 3 go crazy with fireworks. Last night they both slept in the house. I have to give our diabetic lab tranquilizers. Last night I gave her a dose and this AM she was having a hard time walking, so I think I will cut the dose in 1/2 for tonight. I was really worried when I first let her out this AM, but then she started acting herself. Since she has been blind the 4th is not fun with her. Poor thing must be terrified not being able to see what all the commotion is about. We aren't going to do any fireworks this year. We are having so many fires here in CA right now that our air quality is horrible. My BIL is a firefighter and he is on his 15th straight day of work. He called today and said the OT pay will be nice, but he wants to go home. We have firefighters from all over CA, Arizona and Nevada here right now helping out. Everytime I go out and about there are tons of firetrucks from other areas at the restaurants around here.

DH and I went earlier and got a patch kit for the bed. Keep your fingers crossed that it works. I think we will wait until tomorrow to fill it back up. I want to make sure that patch is nice and dry. Tomorrow dh is going to get some plywood and make guard rails on the sides of the bed so we never have to go through this again. Right now the cats are back in kitty jail.

Jan I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. I agree with your lunch choice Soft paws are plastic covers for their nails. I have heard really good reviews from other cat owners about them, so hopefully they will help. That along with the wood will hopefully make the bed safe.

Everyone stay safe tonight.
Unread 07-04-2008, 09:32 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a nice day. The weather was perfect. We grilled and sat outside while the kids played. We decided not to do fireworks either. The kids were tired and it would be late when we got home. I'm surprised the two little ones are sleeping because there are fireworks going off everywhere. Anyway, in two weeks we have our BBQ days. On that Sunday evening they do a beautiful fireworks show. Since we live in a small town, we can sit out on our back patio and watch them. We do it every year and the kids love it, so we will have our fireworks then.

Jan I'm glad you had a nice day out yesterday. Olive garden sound good. Your YDD is at camp right? When will she be home?

Lisa your poor puppies! I know dogs have a hard time with the noise of fireworks. It sounds like a good plan with the gaurd rails and the soft paws. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works. I hope you enjoy your dinner out.

I have a headache, I'll think I'll take some advil and relax a little before bed. Sleep well everyone.
Unread 07-05-2008, 08:16 AM

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday worked out well. GD and I hung out and then ODD took her to see the fireworks. She fell asleep in her stroller halfway through the show. She did remeber though because at breakfast she told DH they went Pop, pop, pop.

Today it is nice again. DH has a bunch of stuff to unload in the back of his truck. After that we will probably hang around the house and tonight one of DH's friends is having a cookout and there will be more fireworks.

Cindy your day sounds like it turned out really nice. Yes, YDD is at camp. She will be home Thursday, Fri, and Sat and then she goes back again. She will be gone most of July. I already miss her!

Well I hope you all got to slaeep in and are having a lovely morning.
Unread 07-05-2008, 10:01 AM

Hi ladies,

We slept in this morning. It's going to be a warm and humid day. I'm not sure what we'll do today. DH mentioned last night about going to a water park. We'll see. It's been a lazy morning and I haven't even had a shower yet, so I'd better go do that. I'll check in later.

Jan that's cute how GD described the fireworks. You have a nice day planned. I bet you do miss YDD, that's alot of time to be gone. Have fun at the cookout.

I hope you all enjoy your day.
Unread 07-05-2008, 05:51 PM

We also slept in this morning and then I made a big breakfast. We are getting ready now to put the burgers on the grill for tonight.

I have spent the day working in the bedroom and after dinner we will fill up the bed and keep our fingers crossed. It will be so nice to sleep back in bed tonight.

Last night was horrible with the dogs. Our poor Belle did not do well, even with the tranquilizers. We kept her in her crate, but she kept trying to get out. It was a loooong night. I'm sure tonight will be more of the same. The firework booths stayed open today, so I'm sure it will be another noisy night.

Jan that is cute what gd had to say about the fireworks show. I hope you are enjoying your cookout this evening.

Cindy I hope you had a fun day with your family. I'm sure you did

Andrew just got home. Today PetSmart had a car wash to raise money for the womans family that was killed this week. They raised over $1,000. Her Mom came into the store and they presented her with the money and all she could do is cry. Her rosary is scheduled for Tuesday evening and the funeral on Wednesday morning. It's just such a horrible tragedy for her family.

Better run and get the bbq going. DH is napping on the couch, but I'm sure once he smells the burgers cooking he'll wake up.

Have a great evening
Unread 07-06-2008, 09:40 AM

Good morning

We slept in again today. I'm getting spoiled with sleeping in. I'm going to have a hard time getting up tomorrow. Yesterday we went to the waterpark. It's a nice waterpark, it has a huge area for smaller kids. They have a lazy river where you float in tubes and the water there is only 2 1/2 feet deep. BDS and LDS went down the lazy river together in a double tube. It was so funny. LDS fell threw the hole several times and watching BDS trying to get him back in had me crying laughing. They finally got it right. It was a fun day. Today I need to do some cleaning and laundry. It's another nice day out, so it's tempting to just leave it for another day. But I gotta be strong!

Jan I hope you had a nice time at your cookout.

Lisa I hope you got to sleep in your own bed last night. That was a nice thing pet smart did.

Enjoy your day ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register