2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 238 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 07-10-2008, 03:19 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi girls

I haven't turned the computer on for a couple of days. It has been a very busy week, but today I only worked for a couple of hours this AM and I am taking the rest of the day off. I need it.

With our weather and air quality here right now, it is just miserable out. It is supposed to hit 108 today and we are under a red flag warning for our air. When you look outside is is so hazy and yucky out. I will be glad when these fires are put out and our air quality improves. The heat is supposed to let up by the end of the weekend. It will be back in the 90's starting Sunday. WooHoo...

My BIL the firefighter worked 17 days straight and then was finally given the day off on Monday. He had 24 hours off and doesn't know when his next day off will be. The fire that was the closest to us has been put out finally, so all the out of state fire fighters have moved on.

DH and I went out to dinner on Monday for our anniversary to Strings. That is where we were supposed to go on the 4th with my inlaws, but they were closed. The manager used to work for dh and he brought us each a complimentary glass of wine. We hadn't told anyone that it was our anniversary and when we were done eating the waiter came out with a huge piece of this really yummy cake and sat it down in front of us. Around the edge of the plate they had written "Happy Annniversary" in chocolate. DH and I looked at each other and we totally shocked. We asked the waiter how he knew and he just shrugged his shoulders. Then another waiter came and said that he was on break and talking with his friend that works with dh and she had told him that it was our anniversary. It was a really nice evening out with dh. Cindy and Jan that is so funny that we all share the same anniversary month.

Jan I'm glad that gd is doing better with the sleeping. Enjoy your weekend with ydd and have fun at the zoo today.

Cindy happy belated anniversary to you and dh. I hope you get to go out and celebrate this weekend.

Scrapper I'm glad you had a nice weekend for the 4th. I hope your headache is gone by now. The kitties are out of kitty jail for now. I got the soft paws in the mail today, so tonight will be spent giving them a manicure. I'm sure they are going to hate it.

I am making a pot of spaghetti sauce for dinner tonight. We will have spaghetti, raviolis, salad and garlic bread.

I hope everyone has a great day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2008, 03:49 PM

Hi

A friend of mine and her kids came over today. We had frozen pizzas for lunch. It was a fun day. The kids played while we visited. DH and BDS will got to slots tonight. Me and the other two are going to church. We are going to have a simple dinner. Probably just soup and sandwiches.

Scrapper I'm glad you and dd had your shopping trip. That's pretty good to come out still with cash and gift cards for another shopping trip. My BDS is still in summer school as well. He would have been finished by now, but his teacher was taking a summer course for two weeks and he'll be on vacation again so he only goes in sporatically. Hopefully another full week and he'll be done. It's sounds like you had a nice 4th. I'm sorry the injections give you bad side effects. Do you think they are helping?

Lisa you are having awful weather. I hope you get some relief soon. That was a nice story about the anniversary cake. I'm glad you and DH got to out to celebrate. Me and DH will go out either Fri. or Sat. night. Your poor BIL, I hope the fires end soon. I'm glad you took the rest of the day off, you need some downtime once in awhile. I'm thinking I'd love to come over and eat at your house tonight. Sounds yummy!

Jan I'm glad YDD is home. I hope you have a great time at the zoo.

Enjoy your evening everyone!
Unread 07-11-2008, 08:42 AM

Hi ladies,

We had a terrific day at the zoo! GD just loved everything and we all loved her reactions. She went to school this morning and she will go to her Dad's tonight. I have to go with YDD for her sp[orts physical in a little while. When I get back I have laundry and cleaning to get to today. Not sure what to have for dinner. I may have to get some family suggestions.

I hope you all are enjoying your day! TTYL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:04 AM

Good morning ladies

It's supposed to get to 94 today. We are supposed to have storms this evening. I'll pick BDS up from summer school at noon, then we'll go get the errands done. I hope the storms hold off until tonight.

Jan I'm glad you had a good time at the zoo. Your GD is at a fun age in that they are so fascinated by everything. I bet it was fun to watch her excitement! I hope her schedule doesn't get thrown off this weekend. I'm making tacos for supper.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 07-11-2008, 09:50 AM

Cindy, that was our weather yesterday. Our storms held off until after dinner so we had a perfect day at the zoo. We still have the 90's here today, but so far no rain. I hope your weather holds off until later. Tacos sound yummy.
Unread 07-11-2008, 05:33 PM

Hi ladies

We ran our errands this afternoon. Whew, I'm pooped! Must be getting old! The kids had money so they each got something. I love seeing what they choose. They are all three pretty thrifty and it takes them awhile to choose. DD bought a Jonas Brothers CD. LDS bought 6 hot wheels and BDS bought a shirt. I made the tacos, they were pretty good. But cooking just heated up the house. It is so incredibly humid. The A/C is working hard to keep the house cool. We have a quiet evening planned. Well I guess not so quiet right now, DD is listening to her cd. Actually it's kind of catchy. BDS can't stand it, he's up in his room. I guess Jonas brothers is not boy music. LOL

Jan we were lucky it didn't rain. It is just now getting overcast. I don't mind if it rains now, because we do need it. We're supposed to lose the humidity for the weekend.

I hope you all enjoy your evening.
Unread 07-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Hi Ladies,

YDD got her physical and he refilled her migraine meds. GD went to her Dad's and we went out for dinner. Right now DH is mowing the lawn and then we are just going to hang out in front of the tv. Cindy sounds like the shopping went well. It is nice to have kids that are fiscally responsible. That hasn't really shown up in our kids!

Enjoy your evening.
Unread 07-11-2008, 08:01 PM

TGIF

I am so glad that this week is over. After work today I had to run by the vets and pick up some dog food. Next stop was the gas station. Thats always depressing. Now I shouldn't have to leave the house the rest of the weekend DH is working all weekend.

We did cool down today 12 degrees. I could really feel the difference. The air is still horrible, but should be a little better tomorrow.

Last night Andrew and I gave the girls their manicures. They did a lot better than I thought they would. They look so cute with their pink nails. I think I found the solution to keeping the water in the mattress and not all over the carpet. I sure hope I never have to go through that mess again.

Jan it sounds like you really had a fun time at the zoo. I just loved the age that gd is now. Everything excites them.

Cindy it sounds like you all had a successful shopping trip. When I was running around today on the radio they were given away tickets for the Jonas Brothers concert next weekend and the girls in the background were going crazy. I actually have no clue who they are. Guess I am showing my age.

Tonight we are going to have leftovers. DH is working until 8. We have a choice of burritos or spaghetti and raviolis. I think I'll choose the spaghetti.

I hope everyone has a great evening.
Unread 07-12-2008, 08:13 AM

Good Morning!

Cloudy and warm here. We had more, surprise, rain last night, LOL.

DH and I had a quiet evening last night. Today I have errands to run during the early part of the day and then I still have a bunch of laundry to get done this weekend. I am not sure yet what i will be making for dinner. I think that is going to depend on who is going to be home for dinner. We'll have to see.

Lisa I am glad it at least cooled down a bit for you. I hope you have found the cure for the waterbed. I can imagine you need this weekend to recoup. Even though I know when I say not leave the house I mean planted in a recliner. When you say that you mean gardening, mowing, painting, LOL! You use your time oh so much more wisely than I do. That is probably why you have so much more energy too. You have inspired me to get a move on.

I am not sure about the Jonas brothers either. I think my kids are too old for them, are they one of those Disney tween groups? Not that "I don't want to go to school" group??? Oh well Cindy will have to fill us in. See Cindy and you were worried you were showing your age, not so, those kids are keeping you young.

Have a great day ladies!
Unread 07-12-2008, 09:31 AM

Good morning ladies!

We slept in today. That was nice. I don't know what we'll do today. I Think we'll just play it by ear.

The Jonas brothers are a disney channel pop sensation. They're not the ones who sing "I don't wanna go to school", that is the naked brothers band whom I would not encourage my daughter to listen to, because they stink! The Jonas brothers are three brothers who apparantly are very popular with the young girls. Jan you YDD might have heard of them, but she is probably too old to like them. I wouldn't know these things if I didn't have a young daughter. I guess now that I Think about it I could tell you all about pretty much every cartoon as well. I don't know how good that is! LOL

Lisa I'm glad you got a little relief in your weather. I hope you have a relaxing weekend after your busy week. The girl's nails sound cute.

Jan sounds like you had a nice evening last night. I hope you get your errands done today.

I'll check in later. Have a good day everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register