2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 241 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 07-17-2008, 09:10 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

I am ready to hit the sack. I did not get any laundry done today! My errands ended up taking much longer than expected and then I was beat when I got home. I even ordered in pizza for dinner! GD was a handful tonight. She usually gets a bedtime snack. Tonight I gave her 2 pieces of turkey and a glass of milk. I thought, tryptophan please kick in, LOL.

Scrapper I went to 2 of those back when I was in high school. I am not sure exactly what yours will be like but the ones I was at were like weddings. The girls wore fancy dresses, like what my DD wore to prom, and we had a sit down dinner, and a live band and such. They were very beautiful. Your DD is a very lucky girl. What did you pick for the menu?

Cindy sorry the rain spoiled the day. Your dinner sounds delicous. That is exactly how I feel about the house! My kids would never clean it up, I am definitely out of luck, LOL! I hope our humidity follows yours. I am ready for a break from it. Listen to me all I wanted was summer and now I am complaining. I want the warm to stay just not the humidity, but I would still keep it over winter weather.

Well I am sleepy. Off to bed for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Hi,

I have a few new errands I have to do this morning and then I hope to get to that laundry. The heat and humidity is sticking around today. We may get a break tomorrow. YDD is coming home tonight until Sunday. I am going to make chili for dinner because that is one of her favorites. Well I am going to clean up the kitchen then off I go.

Have a good day!
Unread 07-18-2008, 04:04 PM

I didn't even make it on the computer yesterday. Matthew came home yesterday, because he had an orientation to attend this morning for his new job. Right now he is out running around and then will head back home.

DH went fishing today, so hopefully we'll get some more fresh halibut.

This AM I had to go to Fresno for my annual exam. My Dr. is going to try and lower my estrogen patch dose and see how it goes. I hope I stay feeling the same way I have been. It makes me nervous to try, when I have done so well on my current dose. He said with my fibrocystic breasts the lowest dose possible is best. I also thought I had an infection. I have been having irritation for quite a while now, but been ignoring it. This past week has been very uncomfortable, so I was glad I had my appointment. He says that I have vaginal atrophy, which means I'm not getting any estrogen to my vagina. He gave me some cream and suppositories to try. Hopefully they will help alleviate my symptoms. He wants me to get a bone density test done to get a baseline measurement. I need to schedule that and my annual mammogram. Getting old is a pain in the butt.

Scrapper it sounds like your dd is going to have a wonderful party. Good luck with making all the arrangements.

Jan enjoy your weekend with your ydd. Chili sounds yummy.

Cindy that's too bad about your grocery delivery. It is getting scary with the economy right now. We have so many foreclosures in our town right now. I was looking in the paper yesterday and there were 3 pages of them. Normally, it's 1/2 a page.

When I got home from Fresno I took Matthew and Andrew out to lunch at Applebee's. Tonight I think we'll just have sandwiches. I know we still won't be very hungry.

I took today off, so that gives me a 3 day weekend DH is off the rest of the weekend also and we just plan on relaxing. We have my nephews 21st birthday bbq to attend Sunday. Other than that nothing else planned.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2008, 04:33 PM

Happy Friday ladies,

My work day is about to end in a few minutes...yippee!!! Dd and I are heading to the mall when I get home. This is round 2 of our shopping. I also need to pick up last minute things for my niece's bday.

Tomorrow we will be heading over to my niece's bday party. My sister has rented one of those water slides for the kids. I'm sure they are going to have a blast. That is about all we have planned. I'm glad because I want to relax.

Mrswillie - my daughter's 15th bday celebration will be like what you described. We picked roast beef and it will be buffet style. The meeting went well...took care of all the details...chose colors -pink, cake, floral arrangements, floor plan. We also outlined the itinerary for the evening. It all starts at 5pm. Her mass will be in the morning at 10:30. Have fun with YDD this weekend. When does camp end for her?

Lisa - sounds like you've had a nice day. Hope all goes well with the lower dose of estrogen and that the cream and suppositories...hope they provide you relief. enjoy your weekend.
Unread 07-18-2008, 05:58 PM

Hi ladies

We went to target, walmart, lunch and the grocery store. We didn't get back until 5:00. I'm planning on relaxing tonight. We had a late lunch out and DH had a golf outing today with dinner after, so we'll just eat whatever we feel like if we get hungry. Yesterday I got the house cleaned and the laundry done, so I won't worry about the house much for a couple days. Laundry is already piling up again. Our BBQ days parade is tomorrow and I'm planning on taking DD and LDS. Sometime this weekend I have to go shopping for LDS's birthday. His birthday is the 23rd.

Jan I hope you were able to get your errands done. Isn't laundry the worst! It never ends. I'm sure it will be nice to have YDD home for the weekend.

Scrapper your DD's party sounds really nice. The food sounds good and pink is a very pretty color. Have fun shopping and at your niece's party. That water slide sounds like fun.

Lisa how nice to have a three day weekend. Having a relaxing weekend sounds like a good plan. I hope you get some relief with the meds. I have to schedule my mammogram here soon. I'm with you getting old is a pain in the butt!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for halibut.

Have a good weekend ladies!
Unread 07-19-2008, 10:15 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well I was having a pretty good morning. I ate breakfast with GD, I went off to a committee meeting, I came home and gave gd a bath and dressed her, I was cleaning up the kitchen and then I stopped in the bathroom and noticed I was spotting. Then I passed a clot. Now I am a bit freaked out. I was going to take GD to Quiznos to eat lunch and visit with YDD. Then I was going to wash all YDD's laundry before she leaves tomorrow. DH is off at his brother's shop. I wish he would get home. I guess unless the bleeding really picks up I should just continue as usual. I have to say I would have felt better if it was just spotting without the clot. Also, why do these things always happen when the doctor is away, LOL. I will call him Monday am and see what he thinks.

Lisa, Cindy, and Scrapper your weekends sound great. Lisa I hope that medicine helps. I dread the day they tell me I have to go down on the estrogen! I know it is coming but I try not to think about it. Cindy you are right laundry, YUCK!! Scrapper the party plans sound terrific. You will have to take photos and email us. YDD goes back to camp this full week another short break and then another full week. Last day is 8-1.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 07-19-2008, 04:01 PM

Hi ladies,

DH and I took the kids to the parade this morning. We met some friends and their kids. There was a big group of us sitting together. It was fun and the kids came home with their bags full of goodies. We have just been relaxing all afternoon. We are going to go out for dinner.

Jan how scary! I would be freaked out to. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about. I would try to take it easy and see it it slows up. You are right, these things always seem to happen when you can't reach your doc. You had such a nice day planned too! I hope by now it has stopped. Let us know how you're doing. YDD is busy with her camp, but I'm sure she's enjoying it.

Have a good evening everyone.
Unread 07-20-2008, 07:13 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well it took most of the day yesterday, but things finally seem like they have slowed for now. I am going to call in the morning and see what happens.

We did have our Quizno's trip and I did the laundry. The rest of the day was just taking it easy. We had leftover chili with macaroni for dinner. DH is working today and it is really hot and humid. I have to run to WalMart, but other than that I will be relaxing in the ac.

Cindy your parade trip sounds like it was fun. YDD is extra busy, but I think you are right she has been really enjoying it.

I hope you ladies enjoy your day and stay cool.
Unread 07-20-2008, 02:10 PM

Hello ladies. It has been so long since I posted so I want to pop in for a second. I have not gone back to catch up but I will try. A lot has been going on my way. My DH was fired from his job right after we returned from vacation. That has caused a lot of extra stress that I did not need. I have not felt good either and I think it's the hormones which I decided to stop as of yesterday (doc said it was okay to do it and recommended it as well). I have been crying a lot and last Saturday was just driving around feeling so despondent I kept having to pull over to the side of the road. Have kept having those feelings except for today, I feel much better. We have also started a project at work and it takes up all day and then some, so I haven't had time to post at work and my computer at home died. I have some anti-virus software I need to load on it but may not happen today. I have a tendency to jump in and fix everything myself, that way I know it gets done right but the stress is overwhelming me and I decided no more. So, if DH wants a computer, then he needs to do it. I work hard all day and I'm not going to stress out. His job situation is getting me very, very angry to a point of being bitter about it. He was fired because he didn't meet his sales quota but part of me thinks he wasn't trying hard and knew I'd take care of everything anyway. So, that's what's up with me and I promise, no more whining. I chose my login name for a reason, because I really do try to be grateful for everything and not focus on the negative. So, that's what I'm going to keep doing. Well I really do have to run and conitnue to work on some of my real job because with this project, I have fallen behind. DS is at basketball camp all week so I should be able to get some things done. I'll go back later tonight and get caught up on everyone. Oh, vacation was really nice, but coming back was like walking into a freaking nightmare!!! LOL. TTYL
Unread 07-20-2008, 03:27 PM

The weather today has been wonderful. It is a little breezy, overcast and a lot cooler than expected. It almost looks like it might rain. I have all the windows opened and am enjoying the breeze.

Yesterday was a not so good day for me. I was just feeling miserable all day. I think the medication is finally helping me and I'm starting to feel like myself again. I put on my new dose patch yesterday morning and so far, so good. Last night I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30 and dh said I was snoring real loud. I think he was lying though, because I know "I don't snore" LOL... I woke up at 1:30AM and went and crawled in bed. I didn't get up until 9:00 this morning.

Tonight we are going to my nephews 21st birthday party. WooHoo~I don't have to cook

It looks like this next week will start being busier for me. They gave me hours for my new store. There is a vendors only opening on Tuesday evening and then a soft opening on Wednesday. The store will officially open next Sunday. We leave for our camping trip next Sunday, so I will wave to them as we pass by on the freeway.

Jan I'm glad that your bleeding has eased up. That would be real scary. I hope that you can get some reassurance tomorrow when you call the Dr. When I got home from the Dr. on Friday, I went in to use the restroom and I was bleeding. It freaked my out. Then I realized that it was probably just from him scraping my cervix for the pap smear. I wore a panty liner through yesterday and it has stopped now.

Cindy it sounds like your family had a nice time at the parade. I hope you enjoyed your dinner out last night.

Grateful I'm sorry that things have been so difficult for you lately. You have such a positive attitude though. I hope with going off your hormones that you start feeling better. I think if I went off of mine, I would be impossible to live with. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your vacation.

Right now I have my 4th load of laundry going and 1 more to go. Since I wasn't feeling great yesterday, I have a lot of catching up around here to do.

I hope everyone enjoys what is left of the weekend

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register