2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 242 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 07-20-2008, 03:41 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies!

Today DH took the kids out running around and I went shopping for LDS's birthday. It was nice to have a day to myself and I found everything I wanted for LDS. It is very humid though. I just got home a little bit ago, and everyone is still gone so it looks like I have a little more time to myself. I don't know what we'll do for supper, since I don't know what time everyone will be here. I'm hoping DH stopped to pick something up to grill. We'll see. Tonight is our BBQ days fireworks. We'll sit out on the back patio and watch them tonight. The kids are excited, especially the little ones because they get to stay up past their bedtime. I don't have to run any kids anywhere tomorrow, so I'm hoping to sleep in. I haven't got to sleep in since last weekend.

Jan I'm glad things are better. I think it's a good idea to check in with your doc in the morning. I'm glad you still got to go out to lunch with your gd and get your laundry done. I hope you are still doing well today and are relaxing.

Lisa I'm glad your having nice weather. Yay! for not having to cook. That is always nice! I'm glad the medication is working and your feeling good again. Have fun at your nephew's birthday party.

Grateful, I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well your way. I'm glad you have a positive attitude, you keep it positive and things are going to turn around for you. I'm sorry DH lost his job. Good luck on your work project. We miss hearing from you. Check back in when you get a chance.

Have a great evening ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2008, 03:49 PM

I forgot to tell you all about my awesome bargain for the day! I was just browsing in the clearance section of Kohls and I found this really pretty Columbia coat for DD. It was regular $115.00 and I got it for $23.00. We just bought her a coat for her birthday last Dec., but I couldn't pass it up. DH likes when I save money, but he doesn't get as excited as I do, so I had to share that with you.
Unread 07-20-2008, 09:24 PM

Hi Ladies,

GD and I did get to WalMart. After that we never left the house again. We hung out all day and I did some chores when she was napping.

Grateful I am so sorry to hear what has been happening. I am very glad you are feeling better. Please talk to someone, anyone you feel comfortable with, if you start feeeling that despondency again. Hopefully you are right and the hormones were responsible and you never feel that way again. I hope things pick up for your DH soon. Good luck with your project.

Lisa your weather sounds gordeous! Enjoy. I am glad the hormones are kicking in. I am absolutely sure you are right and DH must be mistaken. I am sure just like me you don't snore.

Cindy what a nice day you had. That was a steal for that jacket! I bought YDD a Columbia winter coat 2 years ago and it was well over $100.00. I would have greabbed it as well. They wash so nice, too. YDD is still using it. I hope your family enjoys the festivities tonight.

I will let you all know what happens when I cal the dr tomorrow.

Sleep well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2008, 09:45 PM

Hi all,

The fireworks were spectacular! The kid's loved them.

Jan I'm glad you had a good day. Let us know what the doc says.

Lisa I'm quite sure too that your DH is wrong. I've been told that as well, but women don't snore!!

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Unread 07-21-2008, 07:00 PM

Hi Ladies,

We just got our power back after being off since 6 this morning. We had a horrible storm. 90mph winds. Trees and power lines down everywhere. Dr not in because of electricity/weather. I will get him tomorrow. We spent all morning cleaning up and then most of afternoon waiting for power to return and sweating! Well I have to help out with GD. I hope you all are having a good evening.
Unread 07-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Hi ladies,

We didn't do much today. I didn't do laundry all weekend, so I had to get that caught up. The kids cleaned their rooms. We tried going to the park, but only stayed for a short time because it was too hot. We had crockpot steak and gravy, mashed potatoes and broccoli for supper. I'm going to read for awhile before bed.

Jan that is horrible. I'm glad you got your power back and that you are all o.k. We had a storm very similar to that when BDS was 4. It was really scary and the town we lived in suffered so much damage. Beautiful oak trees that were there forever were uprooted. I swear it was a tornado, and even though the tornado sirens were blaring right before it hit, it was only classified as a straight line wind storm.

Sleep well everyone.
Unread 07-21-2008, 11:21 PM

Hi girls,

I'm just jumping on real quick before I hit the bed. I will catch up on the posts tomorrow. Today has been a very long day and I have a favor to ask. My cousin was admitted to ICU yesterday afternoon with a pulmonary embolism. Would you please keep Michelle in your prayers. She and I are the same age and we are all very worried about her. I have a couple of funny stories to tell you also about my day yesterday. My dh says I am nuts LOL...I can't imagine why he would think that
Unread 07-22-2008, 11:37 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well a much more normal morning today. My DH turned the air on because even though the temp is down it is still quite humid.

DH had to take a friend's Dad to a dr appt so I am catching up on house chores this afternoon. I called the Dr and he is on vacation. They gave me an appt for the 30th so I will see what he says then.

Lisa I hope Michelle is doing better. I will certainly send my prayers her way. Please keep us posted.

Cindy your crockpot steak always sounds wonderful to me. I am making tuna noodle tonight.

Have a great day ladies.
Unread 07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Exclamation - 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 Colposcopy

Feeling better now.
Colposcopy was nothing more than a pair of binoculars mounted on top of some stand with a small flashlight looking thing in the middle... to light the way into the tunnel... after he gets that speculum perfectly placed.

The first treatment of silver nitrate must have made a big difference because the speculum only caused slight discomfort, not excruciating pain like last time. GYN only found a small spot of granulation tissue, all these months later and decided to cut if out... biopsy and be done with it. Small ouch! Then ...

Then painted silver nitrate on it again, I guess that was for good luck. That burned a bit, and had to use a GYN footlong Qtip to dab it and stop the bleeding. By this time I wasn't feeling well but still hanging in there.

Then it was all over, Doc stand up cause the procedure is over and we are done, nurse comes to help me sit up... STOP... I was feeling dizzy, last thing I remembered was saying "don't think this is a good time to sit up right now"

LIghts out!
Fainted, out quick.
Woke up with all these people looking at me and talking to me, but I couldn't hear them, and didn't know who they were or where I was, or who my doc was... and also
woke up with loud ringing in my ears, eyeballs tearing like crazy, vision blurry, sick to my stomach...

So, it was a Vasal Vagal Syncope reaction to the procedure, had it a few other times in my life... all GYn related.
Only this time it was complicated because he wanted me drugged and experiencing less pain, so he had prescribed Vicodin to take before hand so I would have no pain during procedure. It made me so sick, vomited so many times, dizzy, ... horrid. (I'm flushing them down the toilet)

Brought my husband in to sit with me while I "recover", only I wasn't recovering. All the docs and nurses looking at me... very concerned. Then they decided to send me to the ER because I wasn't recovering from the episode, so they called 911... the doctor called 911, yikes!

Paramedics, stretcher, more vomiting, to the ER, more vomiting, dizzy, terrible pain in the pit of my stomach. STayed in ER for four hours... finally got well enough to go home. Took more Phenergan to not vomit, made me sleepy.

Woke up at 8:30 pm, feeling washed out but hungry.
Ate some raison toast and had some milk,
Tired now, but better.
Sore inside, but that will improve soon.
Its been a long day.
that was my first experience being a patient in the ER and my first ambulance ride as patient. It sucked!

Ilene
Unread 07-22-2008, 08:53 PM

Hi ladies,

Today DD and I went and saw Kit kittredge. It was a good movie. We were the only ones in the theatre. It was nice because we could talk and not have to worry about disturbing anyone. We cuddled up and shared popcorn. She has been needing some alone time with me so it was perfect. We had spaghetti and salad for supper. I'm going to bed in a little bit.

Jan I hope your appt. goes well on the 30th. The crockpot steak is one of my favorite meals. It always turns out so tender.

Lisa I will keep Michelle in my prayers. I hope she is doing better today. I can't wait to hear your funny stories.

Icre8art I'm sorry to hear about your awful experience. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sleep well ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register