2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 244 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 07-24-2008, 02:40 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

Well I saw on the news this morning that we are going to be heating up. Tomorrow and the weekend perhaps triple digits...yuck. Guess we will be cranking up the AC.

Dd called me when she got out of school...she's done. She passed both classes...Math was a passing grade and Computers an A. So she did well and met new people and of course all her friends that she hangs around with were in summer school as well. Now she has a break...I know she will enjoy sleeping in. I told her that before we do back to school shopping we are going to be going through her closet.

Hyper - glad LDS had a great bday. The big 5..that's right he's going to be starting school. I sent you my email address. Have a good day. I agree I get so much more done at home when I'm alone. No one gets in the way.

Mrswillie - glad you accomplished a lot yesterday..it is a great feeling. Hope you have a good day today.

Well going to heat up my lunch. Have a wonderful day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2008, 07:45 PM

Hi ladies

We didn't do much today. Me and the kids actually layed around and watched t.v. It was nice to have a lazy day. But I didn't get any cleaning done. Oh well, It'll be here until I do. DH and BDS are at slots. Me and the little ones didn't go to church. DD's teacher just had her baby a couple weeks ago and he is being baptised on Sunday. DD and I are anxious to see the baby, so we decided to wait until Sunday to go to church. I'm going to read for a little while and then off to bed.

Scrapper that's great that your DD is done with summer school and passed both classes. It's nice that she can sleep in and hang out and enjoy the rest of her summer now, especially knowing she's well prepared for next school year. I know what you mean about checking closets before school shopping. I know my kids are going to need new clothes because they were already growing out of their things at the end of the last school year. I don't envy your weather. Thank goodness for AC.

I hope everyone is having a good evening.
Unread 07-25-2008, 02:28 PM

Happy Friday ladies,

It has been nice and quiet today at work. My boss is on vacation today. I also visited other offices and it is quiet as well. Could be that people are taking their vacation now.

I'm taking dd to the movies today to see Kitt Kittredge..she's been wanting to see it. We've seen the other Americal Girl movies. Tomorrow I have a haircut appt and heading to the gym in the morning. I think in the afternoon dd and I will go look at dresses for her bday party. We want to see the styles we saw online in person to see how they fit and if she still likes them. Then in between that I have to go to the market and Target.

Hyper - thanks for emailing the pics....your kids are cute. I agree...your dd looks like you and your sons look so much alike. LDS looked so happy on his bday. It is always nice to enjoy a lazy day...wish I had more of those...LOL.

Enjoy the weekend!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2008, 05:47 PM

TGIF

What a week I ended up having. I was down for a day and a half, but things are better now. On Tuesday I woke up with a really sore neck. We went to SLO on Wednesday and I started having a lot of pain. We left to drive back home at 3 and when we were about 1/2 hour from home, I broke down and cried the rest of the way home. I have never had as much pain as I did on that trip. We got home and I went and layed down for the rest of the evening. I got up yesterday and knew I had to see the Dr. She said that I strained a muscle (can't remember the name), that runs from your neck, into your shoulder and then down your back. She gave me a muscle relaxer that has really helped. Of course they knock me out, but right now that is a good thing. She said I should be okay to leave on Sunday for our camping trip. She told me that it will take 2 weeks to completely heal and that I can't lift more than 10 pounds in that 2 weeks. That should be fun. At least I can feel some relief today.

Cindy it sounds like your little ds had a great birthday. It also sounds like you and your dd had a fun time at the movies.

Jan I'm sorry that gd is having sleep issues again. I hope that improves soon.

Scrapper I'm glad that your dd is done with her summer school. I hope you two enjoy the movie today.

Ilene I'm sorry that you had such an experience at the Drs. Very scary. I hope you are doing better now.

Michelle is doing better. She may get to go home tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers.

I know I posted about dh thinking I was crazy last weekend...Here are the stories. They probably won't sound as funny as they were while they were happening.

On Sunday afternoon I was sitting out front weeding one of my flower beds. In back of our house is a bike path and then a creek. On the other side of the creek is a road. All of the sudden I heard a very loud bang and then some screeching of tires. I knew it wasn't going to be good. I come in the house and asked dh if he heard it too. He said yes and went about his business. Well, I have to know what is going on, so I climb over the back fence and head up onto the bike path. Across the creek is a car that has flat tires and is stopped heading in the wrong direction. I see a guy on a cell phone and then he yells out "I just hit a f****** tree". He never did see me standing there. I wait about 5 minutes for the police and no one shows up. The guy then starts walking away down the road. I run back and climb back over the fence and go in the house and grab the phone. I call the police and they didn't have a report of the accident. I report it and keeping the phone with me this time climb back over the fence. I called my sister and had her turn on her scanner so we can hear what is going on. The first cop shows up and then a second finds the guy about 1/2 mile down the road. They bring the guy back and run his license and it's suspended and revoked and he had 3 misdemeanor warrants out for him. They ended up towing his car and citing him. So I climb back over the fence and dh is thinking I have lost my mind. I just think he's jealous cause he probably couldn't get over that fence himself.

Then Sunday evening I go in to go to bed and I have our side bedroom window open. We have a metal awning over the window and a bunch of star jasmine that has grown up and over the awning, so no one can see into our bedroom. Well I can hear something moving around in the bushes and I go out and tell dh who is on the couch and he just says "close the window" Great protector he is!!!! I go out in the garage and get this really bright light we have. I go back in the bedroom and shine the light out into the bushes, but I can't see anything. I climb in bed and am watching TV and I keep hearing the bushes moving. This went on for about 2 hours. The cats kept jumping up in the windowsill and looking out. Every time I heard the noise I would shine the light over there, but I still couldn't see anything. Finally at 12:45AM I knew it was getting close to the window because it was getting really loud. I get up and take the light with me, shine it out and I see this nose start coming down at the bottom of the awning. Then I see an eye and it turns and starts hissing at me. It's a dang opossum. I run out into the kitchen and grab my squirt bottle and come back in and start squirting him through the screen. He's hissing at me and the cats are jumping up in the windowsill and I'm throwing them back down on the bed. It was like a 3 ring circus in there. The opossum finally gets all the way down and then my neighbors dogs start going crazy, so I'm sure he went over there. I haven't seen or heard him since. I'm sure he won't be coming back into my bushes because he's scared of that crazy lady with the bright light and squirt bottle. I told dh the next morning about my little episode and all he could do was shake his head. He said that between me jumping over the fence and squirting the opossum that I had lost my mind. I think he's wrong

Well now that I've written a book, I need to get off of here and get something done around here. Tonight we are going to my inlaws for pizza. My BIL and his family are coming through on a visit and MIL wants us all to get together. I could pass on seeing them (one day I'll tell you all their story), but I guess for pizza I'll go and put on a smile. I hope everyone has a great evening and a nice weekend with their families
Unread 07-25-2008, 05:54 PM

Hi ladies,

Today we ran errand and went grocery shopping. LDS had some birthday money, so he did his shopping. He still has a little money left for another time. Have I mentioned that I do not like grocery shopping? lol I just got too spoiled with my former grocery service. The kids help me unload and put everything away, so it's really not that bad, just another chore. LDS has a birthday party to go to tomorrow. It's his first friend birthday party. Our whole family was invited, because they are friends of ours, but he is just thrilled that he's finally been invited to a birthday party. See, now that he's 5, he's really growing up! Birthday parties, school, etc. I don't know if I'm ready for this! LOL He's going on Monday for his pre-kindergarten testing. Tonight we are just going to relax.

Scrapper You and DD will like Kit Kittredge. It was a good movie. I've been told often that DD looks like me. If you look at BDS and LDS baby pictures you can barely tell them apart. DD's complexion, hair color, and eyes are darker than theirs. I'm glad you had a slow day. You have a fun weekend planned. I hope you and DD have good luck with dresses.

I hope you're all having a good day.
Unread 07-25-2008, 06:02 PM

Lisa we must have posted at the same time. I'm sorry about your pulled muscle. I hope it heals quickly! I'm also glad to hear Michelle is doing better and may be coming home soon. How long are you going to be gone camping?
Your stories had me laughing. I can picture you climbing back and forth over the fence. The opossum story was even better. You sure do have a problem with those buggers! Your DH seems to be the calm and layed back type. He sounds like my DH. He would react the exact same way on both of those situations. Pizza would be reason enough for me to go to the inlaws...almost! lol I hope you enjoy the pizza and make it through the rest.

Have a good weekend.
Unread 07-25-2008, 10:48 PM

Cindy, we are leaving Sunday morning and will be home Tuesday evening. We are heading to the beach, so I need to get out the sweatshirts and maybe I'll even throw in my thermals We just tent camp, but our next door neighbor goes and she has a trailer that she brings. It is real primitive where we go. Only cold running water in the bathroom and no showers. Two nights is all I can stand. DH takes his boat and goes out fishing. Usually he fishes for salmon and halibut, but since there is no salmon season this year he will just try for halibut. He also puts out the crab traps and we have tons of fresh crab to eat. We boil a pot of water over the campfire and cook the crabs right there. Can't get any fresher than that.

Well I survived pizza with the inlaws. My SIL is a piece of work. I only see her every few years and that is enough. She is such a control freak that it drives me crazy, especially with her kids. I should say her adopted ones, not her biological. One day I'll fill you all in on her. My other BIL's girlfriend was there and she cornered me in the laundry room and couldn't believe how the SIL was acting. I've tried to tell her about the other SIL and she got to see first hand tonight how she is.

I'm off to bed now. My flexeril is kicking in and it won't be long before I'm knocked out.
Unread 07-26-2008, 09:35 AM

Hi All,

We have been busy around here. We just found out Thursday night that my Dad is going to be here Monday for a visit. So we have been getting everything spruced up. I need to finish today because we want to be able to celebrate our anniversary tomorrow. It is today but DH has to work today.

Lisa you are so funny! My DH would be the one running around like that and i would be the one saying just close the window! It was so funny to hear the roles reversed. I hope your neck is better quickly and I am so glad Michelle is better. Good luck with your camping trip!! That is a bit primitive for me. I never really enjoyed those camping bathhouses, and all cold water ... you are a saint. Have fun!

Scrapper sounds like you have a fun weekend planned as usual. Good luck with the dresses.

Cindy I hear you about the groceries. I don't like any of it either. Most especially the unload and unpack. Glad the kids helped.

Have a good weekend!!
Unread 07-26-2008, 07:41 PM

Hi ladies,

We went to the birthday party today. It was alot of fun and good food. Alot of our friends and their kids were there, so it was a good time. It was hot and humid, so being outdoors all that time wore us all out. We just relaxed when we got home. We don't have any plans for tomorrow other than church. I'm going to put DD and LDS to bed, then read.

Lisa have fun on your camping trip. That is how we always camp, but a couple days is enough for us too.

Jan how nice that your dad's coming to visit. Happy anniversary! I hope you finished your chores and can celebrate tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a good evening.
Unread 07-26-2008, 10:45 PM

I'm just about ready for our trip. I have a batch of brownies in the oven right now and when they are done, I'm off to bed. I got most of the food prepared already. It makes it so much easier to have it done before we leave. I still need to throw some clothes in a suitcase and then I'm done

Happy Anniversary Jan and dh. I hope you are able to celebrate tomorrow. Have fun with your Dads visit on Monday.

Cindy being out in the heat can wear you out. I will be so glad to leave our heat behind for a few days. We are in the high 90's right now and the weather on the coast is showing in the 70's during the day and the 40's at night. I better throw those thermals in just in case.

Today was a day of running around. Andrew and I were gone almost all afternoon running from store to store. I bought one of those neck pillows today to use in the car tomorrow. I hope it helps. That is what made my neck so bad on Wednesday, was the car ride from Matthews. I won't be driving so I can just sit back and relax.

I'll check back in on Wednesday. You girls be good

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register