2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 248 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Today was a pretty easy day at work. I'm glad it's over and I have the rest of the afternoon and evening to do what I want. I put some chicken and a can of Herdez salsa in the crock pot this morning. I'll shred it and us it for burritos tonight. I'll make a side of spanish rice and call it dinner.

Andrew ended up going to the Drs. this morning and he has a bad sinus infection. He is on the Z pack, 60 mg sudafed (which I had to show my ID for to buy) and Nasonex. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Matthew started his first day of work today. He called me from his classroom and was overwhelmed at the work he needs to do in there in the next week. I thought they would start out with a freshly cleaned classroom, but I guess that isn't the case. If he goes in this weekend to work I'll probably run by and help him out for a bit.

Does anyone else ever feel like they are losing their mind sometimes? About two weeks ago I bought a brownie mix. Last week I was going to make them and I searched and searched for that darn mix. Couldn't find it anywhere. This morning I'm rumaging through the freezer and what did I find? I have no idea why I put it in the freezer

Jan I hope you get caught up on your laundry. You and Cindy sound like you have a lot going on right now.

Cindy I'm glad your lds is enjoying vbs. What a bummer about the a/c in your car. I'm sure it was your dh fault

Scrapper I'm glad your getting your car back. Nothing like driving your own car.

I talked to my step dad yesterday and my mom was asleep. He said that her b/p was still pretty high. He also told me that the Dr. started her on medication for it. She failed to tell me that part when I talked to her about the accident. I'm going to call her this evening and see how she is doing. I guess the accident was a blessing in disguise. Otherwise she wouldn't have known about the high b/p. They still haven't heard anything on the damages to the car. I think theres a good chance it will be totalled.

I better run and get something accomplished around here. Andrew is coming home for his dinner hour soon, so I better get the rice cooking.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2008, 08:50 PM

Hi everyone,

Today was a busy day. Took the kids to swimming lessons. We came back and had lunch and the kids actually want to go back to the pool to swim. So we went back. We came home and I made spaghetti for supper. The DD and LDS went to VBS. DH and I just got back from picking up our van. I'm going to sit down and relax for a little while then off to bed.

Scrapper I'm glad you got your car back. It is nice to have your own vehicle. Your DD and god daughter have a fun day planned tomorrow. I hope work won't be too busy for you these next couple of days.

Lisa I hope Andrew feels better soon. Our teachers always go in during the summer and clean and set up their classrooms. I never knew either that teachers do that. That was funny about the brownies! I do that sometimes too. I put something in a weird place and come across it when I'm not looking and think....I must be losing my mind. I guess that is one good thing that came from the car accident. Now she knows and can control it with medication.

Jan I'm sure you've been busy today. I hope everything went well today.

Grateful you'll have to let us know about your weekend when you get a chance.

Sleep well ladies.
Unread 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM

Hi ladies, This has been an incredibly busy week. Not how I wanted my last few days before work to go. I have not finished that laundry yet! This afternoon I have to take YDD for an oral surgery consult. She is going to have to get her wisdom teeth out. Finding a date for that might be tricky. We got her proofs back. So amny photos came out nice it is making it really difficult to pick out what to purchase.

Scrapper I am glad you got your car back. I hope DD is having a good time today with your friend's daughter. Sounds like a fun day.

Lisa that brownie story could have happened to me. I doo stuff like that myself! Your burritos sounded yummy. I am glad your Mom's bp was caught. I hope she is feeling ok.

Cindy I am glad you got your van back. Hang in there, if you are like me this week is starting to wear you out. I am glad you had a little time to yourself to relax.

I am going to make some lunch before we head out to the appt. Have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2008, 12:27 PM

Hi ladies,

Today I am babysitting a friend of mine's two daughters. They have swimming lessons right after my kids, so we did a double dose this morning. It was a little hectic but it all worked out. One of the girls is the same age as LDS and the other is the same age as DD. They have paired up. The little ones are watching a movie and the big ones are giving each other a makeover. I haven't even taken a shower yet. I overslept this morning so I just put my hair up and threw on my swimming suit. My friend should be here in about an hour, so I'll be jumping right in the shower as soon as she leaves. Two more nights of VBS. The kids are enjoying it. Well I better get going and clean up the lunch dishes.

Jan I am getting worn out with this busy week as I know you must be too! That has to be hard to pick the photo you want with so many good proofs. I hope all goes well with YDD's appt. Hang in there too, the week is almost over.

I hope you are all having a good day.
Unread 08-07-2008, 10:03 PM

I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday. It sounds like we have all have a very busy week.

I was working at my new store today and at noon my cell phone rang and it was Matthew. He asked if I wanted to meet for lunch since I was working near him today. Of course, I will never turn down food, so we met at Jack in the Box and he treated me to a hamburger. He only had 45 minutes for lunch today, so it worked out perfect. We both finished up at about the same time today and he met me back here at the house. We loaded up his dining table, chairs, coffee table and misc. stuff still left here. I then followed him up to his apartment and helped him get everything unloaded. Then we unpacked everything for the kitchen and got that all arranged. I brought his empty boxes home to recycle here. He said it was starting to feel more like home now. The only thing left here is his entertainment center and that is too heavy for me to help him with. Hopefully this weekend someone will be able to help with that and I can have my house back again

DH left early this morning to go fishing in SF bay. They caught a couple of halibut, which will be for dinner one night very soon. Once I got back from Matthews we ran out and picked up mexican food for dinner. I was too tired to cook.

Tomorrow I have a pretty easy day. I am looking forward to having 2 days off.

Jan it sounds like you will be ready for the weekend also. I'm sure your laundry will wait for you. Isn't is funny how it always does? Good luck with picking out you dd proofs. That is always a hard job when so many come out good.

Cindy it sounds like your kids had fun today having a buddy to play with. I'm sure you enjoyed that shower once they were gone. I have the hardest time getting going with my day until I get my shower.

I'm going to go and relax and watch some TV. I woke up with a headache today and it doesn't want to leave. I hope after a good nights sleep that it will be on it's way. I have had a couple episodes of visual disturbances today and I am wondering if it's a migraine. I had migraines monthly until I had my hysterectomy. I also had a small amount of spotting this morning first thing. Hmmmm I wonder if this is all connected somehow. Hopefully things will look better in the morning. Good night all
Unread 08-08-2008, 02:42 PM

Happy Friday ladies,

So glad the weekend is here....looking forward to sleeping in...yeah!!!

My boss is off today...she took a vacation day. They've announced who will take her place on an interim basis until they select who will fill the position permanently. One of the branch directors is going to step into the position...she's really nice...I'm happy.

Dd had a fun day yesterday with my goddaughter. They went out to lunch, the bookstore...dd bought 2 books. Back to the house...they watched a movie and played games.

Lisa - hope the med are working for Andrew. Poor Matthew...I thought that the room would at least be cleaned up and that he would just have to worry about setting up the furniture. When does school start? Hope your mom's b/p begins to decrease with the meds. Hope your headache and spotting have gone away.

Hyper - sounds like your kids love being in the water like my dd. Glad you got your van back. I had to get used to driving my car again - it was in the shop for 13 days.

Mrswillie - you have been GO-GO-GO lately! Hope all goes well with YDD's consultation for oral surgery. Will you be able to schedule her appt before she goes back to school? Decisions-decisions....good luck selecting the pictures that you want to buy.

Enjoy the weekend!!! We don't have anything planned so we will see what comes up. Next week is my last week at work before vacation so maybe I'll start getting things ready for our trip.
Unread 08-08-2008, 03:58 PM

Hi ladies,

Today after swimming lessons we went grocery shopping and target. DD and BDS said they are going to miss our Friday outing when they go back to school. I will miss them being with as well. Even though it's a chore to me, we always have fun on Fridays. Tonight is the last VBS. All of the VBS kid's are going to be singing one of the songs they learned in church Sunday. LDS is so excited. This is his first time singing in front of church. I thought he might be a little nervous, but he is all hyped about it. He said, " I've always wanted to go up there and sing instead of being bored watching the other kids sing." I'm tired, so I think it will be an early night for me. And I get to sleep in tomorrow. Yippee!!

Lisa You and Matthew had some good time together yesterday. But I'm sure moving all that furniture wore you out. You are a go-getter! I actually miss having a Jack in the Box. We don't have one here. But in MO we had one. My favorites were the breakfast jack and the bonus jack. The two places I always make sure to hit when we go home is Jack in the Box and Steak and shake. I'm happy you're going to have halibut soon. I hope your headache is better today. I have occasional occular migranes that affect my vision. Is Andrew feeling better?

Scrapper wow 13 days without your car is long. I had to adjust to driving the van after driving the itty bitty saturn and that was only 3 days. I'm sure you're glad to have it back. I'm glad you're happy with the new interim. It's sounds like your DD and goddaughter had a fun day. She deserves it after her hard work in summer school. Yes, my kids love the water. They are going to be disappointed when the pool closes. It's closes on the 31st.

Jan It's Friday!! I hope you can find some time to relax this weekend.

Well ladies, I hope you all have a great evening.
Unread 08-08-2008, 05:20 PM

Hi ladies,

Well it is a beautiful day here!

YDD's consult went well and she is scheduled for surgery the 28th of August. No, she did not get in before school she will have to miss at least one day maybe 2. She was not happy about it but they need to come out and with what the xray showed we figured we better get it done and not put it off.

This morning I wanted to get a shower in quick before I took GD to school and dd to work. I set up gd with some cereal and turned the tv to Sesame street. One of our bathrooms is right across the hall from the kitchen so I hopped in the shower there. A few minutes later GD was calling me to get out, so I finished quickly and got out. As soon as she could see me she started saying elephant stuck and she started crying. I held her and we watched the show which had a story of an elephant getting stuck in maria's shower. maria and Gordon tried to get her out with no luck. Eventually Bob gets her out but they kept going back and forth to the story in between. It took a bit to get to the part where she got out. GD was so upset about it. Even when she got out and they cut to another scene she kept asking where is the elephant? elephant ok? Finally they ran a short film about how they bathe zoo elephants and then that convinced her the elephant was ok. Then she felt better and her happy little personality came back. I felt so bad for her, she just did not realize it was pretend. Poor thing. I was worried that she would think about that at school, but when I picked her up she was her regular chatty, happy self so no harm done. Phew, I never thought I would have to worry about turning on Sesame Street, LOL! If there was a safe show I thought for sure that would be it!

I went to the grocery store and I have the last load of that awful laundry in the sryer, yippee. Now I am free to enjoy the weekend. GD went to her Dad's and all the kids are out so Dh and I are going to relax and enjoy the evening. I amde italian chili and noodles for dinner. I unfortunately was hungry in the grocery store so I bought a coffe cake and some powder sugar donuts. DH and I have almost finished the cake! We better get some walking into our relaxation time. Hmmm, maybe game time as a workout? Now that is probably what DH will come up with if I suggest the walk!

Scrapper I am glad you like the choice for new boss. That makes such a huge difference in the job if you like who you work for. DD's day sounds like it was great fun. I think we have it figured out which photos to order. We go back to do that Tuesday.

Lisa I hope your headache and spotting are better today. I wonder if it is all related??? Sounds like you and Matthew had a really productive day. I hope your day today went well and you are relaxing tonight.

Cindy how nice it will be to see the kids perform tonight. I am glad LDS had such a good week. We don't have Jack in the Box but we have alot of Steak and Shakes around. One of our favorites, yum.

Have a great evening and I hope we all sleep in tomorrow.
Unread 08-08-2008, 09:55 PM

Today turned out to be a horrible day here. We have a 55 gallon salt water aquarium and today all the fish died and probably the 3 eels we have in there. A few weeks ago dh bought a large anenomie. He doesn't have luck with them and I had told him not to buy any more. Does he listen? NO...The stupid thing started dying last week. By Monday it was dead and he was in denial. When it started falling apart today he finally took it out of the tank. Too late...I guess it released a poison into the water and killed everything else in there. I am just sick about it. I watched our fish suffer all afternoon. When dh realized what was going to happen he left to buy more salt water while Andrew and I started draining the water out. He gets to the aquarium store and they are closed for another 1 1/2 hours. He had torun to Pet Smart and buy the salt to mix up his own batches. By the time he got back we had quite a bit drained out, but it was too late Two of the big eels made it in back of the rocks and we can't see them right now. Hopefully some miracle will come along and they are still alive. The tiny eel is out where we can see him, but he still isn't doing very well. I'm just so sad now when I go in the living room and the fish are gone. They had become part of the family.

Between helping Matthew yesterday and today with the aquarium I took a few steps backwards with my neck. Tonight I plan on laying on the heating pad and relaxing. I actually don't have anything planned for the weekend, so I will just rest.

Scrapper I'm glad your dd had fun with your goddaughter. I'm glad you're happy with your interim. It's always hard getting a new boss.

Jan I hope gd forgets about her show today. Who would think that Sesame Street wasn't safe for her to watch? I'm glad your caught up with your laundry

Cindy thats so cute about LDS being excited about singing.

I'm going to go and do my dog duty for the evening. Then I'll spend the rest of the evening heating pad. I hope everyone enjoys sleeping in tomorrow. I know I will
Unread 08-09-2008, 04:49 PM

Hi There,

Well so far it has been a lovely weekend. It has been raining all day today but it has not dampened my mood at all. Last evening was nice. I called it exactly right. When I mentioned the walk, DH countered with game time! They are so predictable, LOL!!

Today I shopped for some more stuff for DS to take to school. I bought stuff to fill his medicine cabinet, toiletries, paper, pens, pencils, a shoe rack, and of course new socks and underwear. I bought a couple of paperbacks I saw too.

BTW for those of you who read alot if you go to the library alot then this would not be for you, but for those of you who are like me and have a weakness for buying paperbacks I saw a cool website today called PaperBack Swap. You should check it out.

DH and I could not decide what to go out and eat so we stayed home and made ham and cheese omelettes with toast and fruit smoothies. DS ate too. We ate way too much but it was delicous and we had a great time. Tonight DH is going to watch an Indy race and I am going to watch lifetime.

I love my little GD but this weekend sure has been relaxing with a little break.

Lisa I am so sorry about the fish. I hope the eels make it. I hope that heat is helping your neck. I think DH owes you and it should be your turn to pick out all the fish this time.

Enjoy your evening Ladies!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register