2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-19-2007, 08:51 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Pam,
We had our surgery the same day!

I can walk around the house ok but if I go out - especially if I go to a store (I've only done it twice) - I get tightness in my belly, what seems like muscle pain, and I'm exhausted. I feel like I should be over that by now but I'm trying to take the time to rest.

I don't feel the pain is severe enough for me to take the percocets I have. Advil has been fine since the first week.

Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2007, 08:58 AM

Hi luv2knit! That's exactly what I feel. It's a muscle pain and exhaustion as opposed to a serious, OMG pain. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one! I was worried cus I keep reading about all the ladies that are going for walks and some even going back to work. Maybe I'll find my tiara and start to sashay around the house! hahaha.

Thanks!
Unread 10-19-2007, 11:11 AM

Hi,
This is my first post and I wanted to say that the information on this website is so helpful and informative. I have been trying to read all of your post op reports in this thread since I had my TAH/BSO on October 2 and came home 2 days later. I am so blessed as my husband and kids have been so supportive and helpful to me. I began driving on day 14 and went to Walmart for some things with my daughter. It was fun but tiring and I had to sit down about 4 times plus I was breaking out it in a sweat most of the time we were there. When I got home I was in the recliner immediately with a Darvocet and Advil. I was exhausted. I am now 17 days post op and I’m still a bit slow when I stand up, I still hold my tummy at times, I still have some discomfort when standing or walking and I still rest a lot but each day there seems to be progress.

Northof49 and luv2knit – you both described it perfectly with the muscle pain and exhaustion and not the OMG type of pain!
Take care,
Belle126
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2007, 12:01 PM

Yesterday was the first time I felt that I might have done too much. I went to the grocery store and even though I had the clerks lift the FIVE 24-can packs of Diet Coke and the HUGE pumpkin into my cart along with the other various items I had in there....I totally didn't think that I would be PUSHING this HEAVY cart around! Wow! Now I see why they say not to do housework (heavy vacuuming, etc.) It was all I could do to push it to the checkout stand. So when I got home I noticed the pressure-feeling in my vaginal area. And, other little aches and pains. So, no more of THAT! Just because I'm not actually lifting anything heavy, doesn't give me permission to PUSH it, either! Lesson learned. It's a new day and I feel better. But, I also took a Motrin 600 mg. late last night and early this morning. I had been off pain meds. for several days. I'm just glad I have them to take!
Unread 10-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Doctor Visit

Feeling a little better today after seeing the doctor about the bleeding and clotting. She is not concerned and feels it is due to my being so young and having a really thin body habitus (I run all the time, personal train, and am on the lean side), and thinks it should stop in a few weeks,which sounds terrible to me but as long as it isn't anything serious I can handle it. She didn't even do an exam since she didn't want to "disturb" any healing that has taken place or introduce any infection. Since I had a few other things done other than a hysterectomy, she explained I have quite a few internal incisions that need to heal and she thinks the blood may just be coming from those. Gross, I know and maybe TMI but thought I would share the outcome of my visit. I will just keep on doing what I am doing and keep my fingers crossed I went to the gym today and it felt great!

Take care all and be well
Unread 10-19-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestorun
Feeling a little better today after seeing the doctor about the bleeding and clotting. She is not concerned and feels it is due to my being so young and having a really thin body habitus (I run all the time, personal train, and am on the lean side), and thinks it should stop in a few weeks,which sounds terrible to me but as long as it isn't anything serious I can handle it. She didn't even do an exam since she didn't want to "disturb" any healing that has taken place or introduce any infection. Since I had a few other things done other than a hysterectomy, she explained I have quite a few internal incisions that need to heal and she thinks the blood may just be coming from those. Gross, I know and maybe TMI but thought I would share the outcome of my visit. I will just keep on doing what I am doing and keep my fingers crossed I went to the gym today and it felt great!

Take care all and be well

Gee you went to the gym already!
I was feeling pretty good until today my incision is hurting today and after 14 days I can honestly say the gym and excersize is the last thing on my mind.
Unread 10-19-2007, 02:45 PM

i've only been out once since my op 8th oct, but only with my hubby to get groceries. i feel good most of the time and don't get that exhaustion like last week. i cleaned brathroom with help from lovely daughter and now i am going to rest and take it easy.
still no lifting heavy things, and still get tummy muscle pain when going to loo. but i'm not back at work yet like others here as my job requires stretching and cutting kiwifruit vines, we have people come and do it so that's fine with me.
don't compare yourself to others who may feel they can do more just go at your own speed to recovery i say, and if something worries you see a doctor.
karen
Unread 10-19-2007, 03:00 PM

BVPOK- its sounds like you have been through a lot this last year. Give yourself time to heal. Plus If I was you I would go to the doctor that perscribes the thyroid meds and make sure the thyroid is the right dose.
It takes time to get the right dose.
take care
Debbie
Unread 10-19-2007, 03:08 PM

Thursday October 18,2007
I went to my meeting last night and had a great time. I wore jeans. I had my support panties on which really helped. I was able to make it all day on a low dose of just ibuprofen.
Debbie
Unread 10-19-2007, 03:20 PM

Hi ladies,
Yesterday I had to see the doctor and it was the first time I have driven. I don't know why but I was totally wiped out the rest of the day. She wants me to start walking more but I can't because of a bum foot. I asked her when I can start swimming, as we have a pool at our apt. complex. She said at the 4 week mark; that it would be good exercise, but to stay out of the hot tub and not stay in the regular pool for over 20 mins. because of possible bacteria infection. (Wouldn't that be something awful to deal with.) She also told me to start massaging the scar now because it would help to 'break up' tissue. She said some women get a dent there if it doesn't heal right. I hate touching the scar but am going to do it anyway I guess. I don't need a dent!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register