2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 250 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 08-14-2008, 07:14 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies,

Tonight is our Sunbeam carnival. I have to be at school at 5 to set up. This has been a busy week. After swimming lessons I have to go over to my friend and we're going to blow up the balloons and fill up the bags with popcorn. We found carnival popcorn bags at school the other night. Registration went well. So far we will have 13 Sunbeams this year. It was good to see alot of people that I haven't seen over the summer. It ended at 7:00, but by the time I was done talking to people, it was 8:00 when I got home. DD is not a sunbeam this year, she has graduated to a girl pioneer, but she gets to come tonight to help.

Lisa I hope everthing is o.k. with Belle. I'm sure you're anxious to hear how Matthew's first day went.

Jan I hope you have a good first day back to work.

Have a good day ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2008, 07:23 PM

Hi Ladies,

Long day. I am going through and cleaning out all the files the old counselor left before I can set up my things. Long and tedious. It fills the time though. I will be busy all day tomorrow too. I hope I can start setting my stuff up early next week.

Lisa I hope all went well for Belle and your boys. Cindy sounds like you have had a very busy day too. After dinner, clean up and evening chores I am beat. I am going to watch some television and relax before bed. I hope you are both relaxing at the end of your day. Sleep well.
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:32 AM

Good morning

The Sunbeam carnival went well. It was alot of fun. Today is the last day of swimming lessons. I'm trying to decide if I should do my errands after lesssons. DD has a sleepover at her friend's tonight. She has to be there at 5:00 and lessons aren't over until nearly noon, so it would be a rush. I may have to wait until the weekend. I'm hoping to have a quiet evening.

Jan I hope it won't be long before you can start setting up your stuff.

Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2008, 07:38 AM

HI!!!!! wow I can't believe I found you all!!!! I have not been on in 4 months GEEZ!!!!I am going to try to read some posts and update on all you that are still around! I have missed you guys! so far I see Jan, Cindy and Lisa...
Unread 08-15-2008, 09:57 AM

So I am partly caught up... My eyes are bugging me from all the reading. I can't believe I stayed away so long... I can't tell you how many times I thought of you all... First it was just not doing well physically... then I had computer problems... Doing better physically and got a new computer with dsl... wow... I know like my boys say... welcome to the 21st century... yes I must confess I still had dial up. I have moved computer out of my room and into kitchen...so really I will be more likely to pop on more often.I have a new e-mail address so I am going to try to change that..hopefully that will not be too challenging for me

So I saw grateful and scrapper.. and others Iceart?

Geez Jan how is it going with GD DAD? I hope that is all resolved? When does ODS son leave for college? My YDS is supposed to leave for navy 8/26. I am sorta in denial...

grateful... I hope you are doing better emotionally and headaches gone? I ended up in er with severe headpain after hitting my head.. cat scan showed nothing... I thought they only took my uterus but apparantly my brain must have been connected to the girl parts.. lol

Cindy you are as busy as ever! Girl you make me tired just reading about some of your days! My YDD (11 on the 20th) is an august baby.. she actually started KIndergarten 2 months late as I was not going to send her but she was just so freakin smart that I had to send her.. In like 6 weeks she was reading. So academically it was good but emotionally I wished at times I had waited especially since she is the youngest it just would not have been a big deal..

Lisa how are those naughty kitties? want more? DH brought home preggy stray.. we now have 6 new kitties in the house.yikes think we have 2 homes so far..It is the worst part finding homes as my girls want to do background checks on anyone they consider giving kittens to.

Scrapper did your daughter already have her big party or is it coming up? Sounds beautiful...

So lets see DH is smoking again and totally stressed all the time as work is CRAZY. ODs has 35 days sober. he is now working again after losin the job he had.. due to his drinking umm ya he was working for dad.so he is doing better now. YDD did not graduate as he failed english 12. so he is in adult school trying to finish up to get his diploma in time to go in the navy 8/26.
ODD just had her 3rd period.. she is getting cramping with her periods and quite emotional.. Wow the raging hormones can be quite scary around here... YDD driveing all nuts as she is constantly on the go. She had a twisted ankle a few weeks back from jumping off the roof.. hmm you should have seen the look I got from Doc for that... He said ,"do not jump off roof anymore!" so she said, "are trees ok?" so my household has not really changed a whole lot. Wish you all lived closer so you could attend the banquet where I will be receiving my mother of the year award... NOT

I am still on blood thinners... "anti coagulants" No shots in belly anymore just pills. I still have the clot so sometimes my leg swells and I have to get off my feet for awhile. I told everyone that when my leg swells the DR said I have to float on the raft in the pool for at least an hour.. So my tan is doing quite well. I have started to lose some poundage. I actually got to the heaviest I had ever been without being pregnant. I just am tryin to get back to pre hyster weight right now. I have had a few migraines which I am basically just down with for at least 2 days. I can only take pain meds as the migraine meds interact with other meds... I actually was in so much pain one day I cut off my ponytail. It did not stop the pain but I am now sporting a sassy new haircut with some serious blonde weaves!

Glad to know others are having "spotting" Was going to head to gyn as NP was thinking I might have passed a kidney stone as I had bleeding with a teeny little clot. I was thinking bladder or kidney infection but urine was clear.
So that is my life in a nutshell... So 2 hours is probably long enough on computer... will check back later! SAS
Unread 08-15-2008, 05:49 PM

TGIF I only worked for 1 hour today and then started my weekend early. I am so glad to have 2 days off.

I ended up calling the vets on Wednesday at 5:30 to see if I could pick up Belle. They said sure, shes ready. Why couldn't they have called on their own? She was very happy to be back at home. I don't think I'll leave her again for that test for the day. Too stressful on her. They said they didn't get good results on her and I know it is because she was just too stressed out. So $150.00 later...We have to take her back in 2 weeks for another blood test, but they will just draw it when we arrive and then we can take her back home. I know if they would do a house call and come here and draw the blood the results would be much more reliable. She just gets too stressed out going there.

The nurse called my back yesterday morning and said she would call in my RXs. I went this morning to pick them up and they didn't have them. Said they were never called in. I came back home and called the Drs. and they apologized and said they would call them right in. Then the nurse asks if I want the results back on my scan and my mammo because they just received the reports. What a way to ruin the day!! She said my scan showed osteopenia. I have an appointment set up on Tuesday to go over the test and decide where to go from here. Most likely another medication will be added to my now growing list. I used to not have to take anything and now I feel like an old lady with my medication list. The mammo showed a clear right breast Why can't the left side cooperate too? The radiologist is recommending more views on the left side and then an ultrasound and possibly a biopsy. There are some dense areas that weren't there last year. Now I am waiting for that office to call and set up that appointment.

Sas it was great to hear from you. I'm glad you are feeling better and that you got a new computer. We just got DSL about 2 years ago. My boys were so happy. Congratulations to your ODS on his sobriety. I hope he continues. Your ydd sounds like a busy one. As far as my kitties go, they are doing great. My waterbed is covered in plywood, but at least it stays dry in the bedroom now I wish you luck in finding good homes for all your babies. I think it's a good thing I'm not closer to you.

Jan it sounds like you have been busy back at work. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Cindy I'm glad the carnival went well. I hope you get a relaxing evening.

Last night we stayed up and watched the Olympics. I didn't get to bed until 1:30AM. I wanted to watch the awards ceremony for the gymnastics. It was worth staying up for. Andrew and dh were both off today, so we all stayed up. I slept in until 8:30 and then got my day going. I can see an early bedtime for me tonight.

Tonight I am going to pick up WingStop for dinner. I don't feel like cooking. Andrew asked if we could eat there last night, but I already had something planned. Tonight is a good night not to have to cook

I hope everyone enjoys their evening.
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:17 PM

Hi Ladies,

I finished cleaning out all the old files today!! If I have time to pack up any of my stuff i can start bringing it in and setting up the office. We are leaving early in the morning to take DS' stuff to school. Since it is a 5 hour drive each way we are spending the night and coming home Sunday. That is why I don't know if I will have time to pack anything up. I am looking forward to seeing that DS gets off to a good start. I am going to miss my boy!!

Sas it was great to have you back!! I am glad you don't have to take the shots anymore. Sounds like your family is as busy as ever. You should probably have the gyne check into that spotting. I am glad you got the new computer. Now you need to keep in touch!

Lisa I am glad Belle is home. I think you are probably right about the osteo and a new med. Maybe weights? I hope the ultrasound is all you need and not a biopsy. Please keep us posted on all that. Wings sound yummy. We had leftovers.

Cindy I am glad the carnival went well. Did you get the errands done? I would have probably tried to fit them in. I hope you are having the quiet evening you wanted.

I should be able to check back in Sunday night. I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:17 PM

Hi ladies,

I just got home about an hour ago from errands. Me and my boys left after we dropped dd at her sleepover. I am glad to be home and am just relaxing the rest of the evening. I have to pick dd up in the morning. Sometime this weekend I'm take BDS for school shopping. Then probably Monday BDS will babysit LDS and I'll take DD shopping. I find it easier to take them both separately.

Sas it was really good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear your feeling better. You have been busy. I can't imagine not having DSL now that we've had it for a few years now. Congrats to your DS on the sobriety. I hope your other DS will get his diploma. I'm not looking forward to the day my DD gets her period. My DH isn't looking forward to it either! I've got a few years yet. Stay in touch.

Lisa wow you've had had some rotten luck. I'm sorry about your test results. I'm glad Belle is back home safe and sound. That had to be traumatic for that poor puppy! How nice to start your weekend early. Yay for not cooking. The boys and I stopped for a quick dinner. I have been bad with cooking this week. But I've had to leave the house early almost every night this week and things were topsy turvy. But now it's back to cooking.

I hope you're all enjoying your evening.
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:21 PM

Jan I think we were posting at the same time again. I'm sure it's hard to see DS go back to school. Even if you can get to your packing, at least you have the old files cleaned out and that part is ready. Have a safe trip!!
Unread 08-15-2008, 11:18 PM

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been able to post all week. I hav been swamped at work...it has been stressful!!!

Dd had her oral surgery yesterday. It went well but ended up being 2 procedures. The so called undeveloped tooth ended up being a mass. They removed it and then there were pebble like things around it...so they removed those as well. They are sending it all for a biopsy. I will get the results in 2 weeks. She is pretty swollen and a little bruised. On soft foods for a few days.

Well we are heading out for San Diego tomorrow morning and return late Tuesday. I'm looking forward to some relaxing and fun in the sun. I picked up my niece after work and her and dd are already having fun.

Got to run...need to finish packing and get the girls ready for bed. Have a great weekend. I will check in when we return.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register