2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 252 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 08-18-2008, 02:21 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

This morning I was at Target working away and my cell phone rang. It was the preschool sending out an SOS. School started today and the new driver she hired to replace me didn't show up. Luckily I have a very easy week with my card job, so at 2:00 I report for duty. I'm sure some of the kids will be shocked to see me pull up to pick them up. I told her I could help out this week, but can't make any promises about next week. She is just grateful to have me for the rest of the week.

Sas I re-sent the one picture that didn't go through yesterday. Thanks for the kind words about my yards. The pictures really don't do them justice. There are so many little plants that don't show up. We do have a hammock, but it's the fold up kind because the dogs would tear up anything we left out there. I have the dogs in the back to worry about and the cats in the house. Never a dull moment around here. When we were at Disney we had the 3 day park hopper, so we were back and forth between the two parks all 3 days. It was very convenient staying at the Grand Californian and walking right into CA adventure.

Grateful it was great to hear from you again. I wish your hormone thing would straighten up for you. Come here anytime and vent. I think we're a pretty good group of listeners. If you do run away and need somewhere to stay I have an extra room here I hope your ds enjoys HS.

Cindy I was hoping you would feel better after a good nights sleep. I hope it goes away soon for you. Not fun when your not feeling good. I'm glad you have today with no plans and you can rest some.

Jan I hope your having a good day at work and not too tired from your weekend.

Well I better get ready to go and pick up the kiddies. I hope everyone has a great day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2008, 02:35 PM

UPDATE: I was just getting ready to leave and my phone rang. It was the preschool and she said the new driver had just shown up. I guess there was miscommunication on her starting time. At least they have it all worked out for now.
I have the rest of my afternoon free
Unread 08-18-2008, 04:41 PM

Lisa that is such a cute picture!! Christmas card cute!Thank you for sharing your beautiful family and yards! I know what you mean about dogs... mine were so excited I was out with them today they knocked over a pot and trampled some plants... Well you inspired me. I have been working in my yard a little... went to home depot and picked up some plants and I am painting pots... sweeping patios and porches... I am glad you did not have to go to work!!

Wow grateful... pole dancing huh? I would probably pull a groin muscle or two! You are allowed to gripe... I hope the "mones" (hormones) mellow out soon. Isn't it amazing putting a kid in high school? those 4 years just zoom by!!

Cindy I am glad you have a relaxing day... That is kinda different..the teachers doing home visits... I would be stressing I guess you are used to it.. I hope you are feeling yourself soon..

Jan Hope your day went good!!

I am making tacos for dinner tonight. DH and girls are on the way home.. they were missing me I don't know if you all remember vegie girl.. My oldest DD being vegetarian? Well any way I now make black beans for all mexican meals.. that is her "meat" I will make meat tonight so meat eaters have a choice.. but black beans are one of our new "staples" THe kids LOVE them..
Have a good night everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2008, 06:41 PM

Hi Everybody!

Lisa your yard is gorgeous, as I knew it would be. With your beautiful house, and your great cooking I may come for a visit and never leave, LOL! I hope you enjoyed your free afternoon.

Cindy I don't like this lightheadedness. I agree with getting to the doctor if it is not gone by tomorrow. Congrats to the kids on the swimming!! That is fantastic news. BDS sure has worked hard this summer with summer school and swimming. You sure have nice kids. I bet your house is just fine for the teacher. I can't imagine that it is ever too messy, you seem like you are always on top of things.

Sas your day with your boys sounded wonderful! Drivethroughs can be a Godsend. I am with you on being inspired by Lisa. I often find myself being inspired to do more after her posts that are always filled with boundless energy! Actually you all inspire me through your posts. I am so happy we all found this little place.

Grateful I am glad you are back. I will think of you and DS on Wed. I hope your hormones settle soon. Please don't feel that you would bore us. We love to listen! Vent anytime.

Today I finished the filing. I have 2 more boxes to unload and put away and then I am done with the office arrangements, yay! We start the day with morning character education quotes, and the pledge on the announcements. I have to start getting them organized because I have to start them Friday morning. Now that I have things set up I am getting excited for the kids to return. After work I picked up YDD and GD and then I made baked fish, fried potatoes, and green beans for dinner. I did the supper dishes and then had to help GD pick up so I could walk through the tv room. I just got her into her jammies after her bath and I am anxiously awaiting her bedtime. After she goes down it is tv time for me.

I hope you all have a restful evening.
Unread 08-18-2008, 07:01 PM

Hi everyone,

Well I came down with a sinus infection/head cold late this morning. The lightheadedness is mostly gone. Just a couple of times today. I think it might be from my head and nose being so stuffy. I got the downstairs ready for DD's teacher tomorrow. The upstairs....that's another story for another time! lol We had leftovers for supper. I think it will be an early night for me.

Lisa thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Your yard is beautiful. All the hard work you do with it really shows. The guys looked like they were having so much fun. I'm sure that was a nice vacation. I'm glad you got to have your afternoon free after all.

Grateful it's nice to hear from you. With Sas back we're getting a full house. I love it! I'm glad your girls weekend went well and you didn't hurt anything! lol I'm hoping those hormones will kick in for you soon. Like everyone else said vent anytime. We are all here for each other! I have to send my DS off to high school next year. I just realized since we've decided to wait until next year to send LDS to school. I'll be putting one in high school and one off to kindergarten. Double whammy! I think I'm not gonna think about that until next year.

Sas I'm sure you're anxious to see your girls. Tacos sound good. No more drive thru for awhile huh? I am used to it. I've been doing it since BDS was in 1st grade. I know all of the teachers well, but I still get stressed about the house being clean.

Jan I'm glad you are getting through your office arrangements. I bet it will be nice to have the kids back to school. When will they start? Thanks for your kind words! BDS has worked hard this summer, I am proud of him. My house never seems to be clean even though it seems like all I do when I'm home is pick up. Enjoy your t.v. time.

I hope you are all having a nice evening.
Unread 08-19-2008, 04:52 PM

hello ladies! Today has gone by really fast. I went to federal court today for a former employee issue and the former employee and her attorney walked out on us. I was like oooookaaaaayyyyy...so I came back to work...waste of time. Got a new boss, he started yesterday. Seems very normal and nice, which is a 180 from the last dude.
So as far as me and my venting...okay, so I've still been having the little mini-nervous breakdowns. Doc put me on something to help me sleep, since I haven't slept through the night since the hyster. So, that helps. Also, DH and I decided we would separate, although since we decided, he's still there so who knows what that means. LOL. He's a great guy, I'm a great gal, we just think we didn't have the right timing when we married. Why do I feel like a publicist for the stars??? Brad and Jen have agreed to separate and have high regard and mutual respect for one another and ask that you respect their privacy during this time!! LOL. Too funny. Anyway, that's been an added issue but I decided not to stress about it now. DS starts school tomorrow, God love him...

Cindy- I hope the sinus infection clears up and hopefully that was the source and now you can get treated and move on. Good luck with DD's teacher tomorrow!

Jan- sounds like you're getting there. hard to believe it's time for school to start again. How do you bake your fish? I struggle with it because I don't like bland food.

Sas-glad the other part of your fam is on the way home. I love black beans. Not sure I could totally substitue for meat but I bet my butt would reduce if I just tried!!

Lisa- I guess it's okay that you didn't have to work but other than running you ragged, I know you really liked the kids. Wonder how your little boyfriend is doing? I'm like the others, your yard inspired me, not in the same way though, it inspired me to find a YARD MAN!!! LOL

Well, I'm still at work and it's almost 6, so better finish one email and head out...TTYL
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:43 PM

Hi ladies,

DD's teacher came today. She came at 11:00. It took about 20 minute to talk about school stuff, but she ended up chatting and chattting and it was 12:30 when she left. She is a very nice woman, but I wanted to get lunch done and the kids wanted to go to the pool. Anyhow it all worked out. We did go to the pool. It has been stinkin hot this week, so the pool felt good. I don't feel too bad today. Just a sinus headache and that sinus pressure. DH has a school board meeting tonight. I made chicken rotini for supper. Last year that was one of kid's favorite meal, tonight the kids weren't very excited about it. Go figure! Me and the kids are just going to relax and watch some t.v. tonight.

Grateful I'm sorry to hear about you and DH. I wish you the best! You seem to have a good attitude about the situation and that's good. I'm glad you like your new boss and am also glad you got some medication to help you sleep through the night. Good luck to your DS starting high school tomorrow!

Have a good evening everyone.
Unread 08-19-2008, 08:09 PM

Hello

Long day. I finished the organizing I had planned at work today. After work I picked up GD and took her to get her hair cut. Then we picked up GD and took her shopping for her school stuff. When we got home I gave GD a bath, cleaned up the kitchen, folded a load of towels and put her to bed. I have to sweep and then I am going to lay down in my bed and watch tv. I know I won't have any trouble falling asleep tonight!

Grateful I am really sorry to hear about you and DH. Are you still going to counseling? Either way, don't forget to look after yourself during the process, mentally and physically. Good luck to DS with school tomorrow. I hope your sleep continues to improve. I would be a basket case if I still was not sleeping. I am sorry they made you wait so long for a prescription. As for my fish it would probably be way to bland for you. I spray the pan plop the fish in and season with herbs. Some combos I use are (garlic, pepper, and parmesan), (garlic and dill), (italian seasoning and garlic), garlic and dill, or lemon pepper. Once in awhile I will bake it in salsa and lime juice. Yesterday was garlic, pepper, and parmesan. Tonight was mac and cheese, LOL!

Cindy I am glad your sinus infection was not so bad today. That was a long visit from the teacher! I am glad you were still able to get to the pool. It has been hot here too. We have had the AC on. It always seems to get hot as soon as the kids go back to school. My YDD he hates that. She likes the cool weather much better, because the heat and sun seem to trigger her migraines. They doubled her migraine meds. She is nervous about starting them, but I think it may be better for her, we'll see. Chicken rotini sounds good to me. My kids do that same thing with food phases. It really annoys Dh, but he is not the most patient person sometimes, LOL. He would have never been allowed to complain, or not finish a meal in his house growing up so that is actually where I think it comes from.

Well I better get my sweeping done so i can hit the sack.

Sleep well ladies!
Unread 08-19-2008, 09:56 PM

Today I had my Drs. appointment in Fresno to go over my bone scan and mammo results. He said that my neck and spine look good still. The problem area seems to be my hips. The numbers weren't horrible, but still something to keep an eye on. For now I am going to start calcium and vitamin D tablets. He thinks that will keep things from progressing. I'm just glad I don't have to take another prescription drug. The mammo is showing an area right below my nipple that they want to ultrasound and possibly biopsy. I still hadn't heard from the mammo place yet and my Dr. was puzzled as to why they haven't contacted me. He told me to call when I got home. When I got home there was a message on our phone saying to call at my earliest convenience, that they had been trying to get ahold of me. I think when I left the Dr. called over there and raised heck with them. Now they are trying to make it seem like I wasn't responding back. I called the gal back and it went to her voice mail and she didn't return my call this afternoon. I'm sure I'll hear something tomorrow.

After I was done with my appointment I went shopping for a bit. I didn't buy anything for myself, but it was nice to take time for myself. I only ended up buying Andrew some undershirts at Old Navy. On the way out of town I stopped at Rally's and grabbed a burger. I love their hamburgers and since we don't have one here I took advantage of it. It ended up being a relaxing day. I also slept in until 9:15. Boy was I shocked when I woke up and looked at the clock. I had to leave by 10:30 to make it to my appt at 11:45. I was flying down the freeway today.

Grateful I'm sorry to hear about you and dh. I'm glad you are finally getting some sleep. Good luck to your ds on starting high school tomorrow.

Cindy I'm glad your feeling better today. I hate a summer cold. You guys heat up and we cool down here. It was only 87 today Today is the first day I haven't had the AC on in weeks.

Jan I'm glad you got your organizing finished up today. It sounds like GD kept you busy after work today. I'm sure by now your sound asleep.

Tomorrow my BIL is having surgery, so my sister is taking the day off from work. I will be working in the afternoon tomorrow at the preschool. I will be in the office answering the phones while the director is out transporting. I'll get to see my boyfriend. I haven't seen him in a long time. I wonder what his reaction will be. I'll do my cards in the morning and then head over there after lunch.

I better go and iron my clothes for tomorrow. I need to get up early tomorrow and get my day going better than I did today.

Sleep well all
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:27 AM

Good morning ladies!

My kid's are all still sleeping! I know I should jump in the shower, but I'm feeling lazy this morning. Today me and dd are going to do some organizing and cleaning in her room. We're also going to go through her clothes and see what fits. It is going to be too hot today to be outside. DD has a birthday party tonight from 6-8. I'm going to make tacos for supper.

Jan you had a busy day yesterday. I'm glad you got your organizing done. We have been running our A/C non stop for several days and will probably have to at least through the week. I think your right about YDD's meds being good for her. My DH is of the same mind set when it comes to food. Sit down, don't complain and eat everything on your plate. He was raised that way as well. I don't think that's very realistic with children.

Lisa I'm glad you got to have a relaxing day after your appt. I hope everything goes well with the ultrasound and you won't need the biopsy. I hope everything goes well with BIL surgery. How nice to get to see your boyfriend. I bet that will just make his day.

Have a great day everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register