2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 253 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 08-20-2008, 04:40 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi

I went to the orientation and workshop today. Nothing really of great interest to report. Unfortunately, I have had an awful headache most of the day. GD went to her Dad's until 8 so I am just going to hang out with DH and relax. We had tilapia for dinner.

Lisa just curious, how much calcium and vitamin d did they put you on? I am glad he got on the mammo place. I hope you can get that all over with quickly. I think it will be good news. I hope things go well with your BIL. I am glad you took a little time for yourself today! You should do that more often. Have fun with your bf tomorrow.

Cindy how nice that you were able to have a sleep in today. I hope the cleaning and sorting is done. That is always a big job. I hope you are staying cool.

Have a nice evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 11:38 PM

Today was a fun day working at the daycare. When I went in, it was still nap time, but word got out quickly that I was in the office. Finally, one teacher came in and asked if I would come out because my boyfriend was looking for me. When he saw me he came running and gave me a big hug. He told me he was being a good boy He also said that he missed me. AHHH... A lot of the kids looked so much older than I remember them. They are all growing up.

My BIL surgery went well today. He is home now and resting. My sister will go back to work tomorrow.

I got a call at 8AM from the mammo place. I go tomorrow at 1:30 for my ultrasound. DH is off, so we are going to leave here in the morning and then go out to lunch before my appointment. I'm glad he can go. That hour drive by myself gets boring.

Jan the Dr. recommends 1200 mg per day of calcium and 800 IU per day of vitamin D. He said that 3 Tums per day would work for the calcium. I still need to go and buy them. I hope your headache is gone by now.

Cindy I hope your cold is doing better.

I'm going to go lay in bed and try to finish watching the olympics. The beach volleyball is on in 1/2 hour, but I'll probably fall asleep before it ends.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thursday
Unread 08-21-2008, 10:06 AM

Lisa I will be thinking of you today.. I hope all goes well. I am glad DH is going with you.. So cute your little boy friend... That must have made your day!

Jan I hope your headache is gone. What kind of meds does DD take for migraines? do they know why she gets them? I have been having more migraines, I used to think they were hormone related now I do not know. So I am curious. Why is she nervous about taking more? How is DS doing? How are you doing with DS gone?

Cindy mmmm nice to sleep in huh? I actually did that las t saturday it was heavenly..YDS finished school on tuesday.. so you would think I could now sleep in But I must confess I still get up at 5:30 to nudge ODS out the door..Sometimes I even make him his oatmeal or mix his protein shake... okay okay find him socks...his wife is going to hate me... if he ever leaves home...DH says I make it to easy for him not to ever leave home..

Grateful hope all is well with you.. How is DS doing with high school? My thoughts are with you..

Yesterday was YDD birthday. ODD and I did all the shopping yesterday... decorated with balloons and picked up an ice cream cake. DH picked up carne asada and fish tacos and beans and rice from her favorite restaurant. It was fun. I pretty much got her everything she wanted... except didn't find a Tom Petty poster... but we found the cutest little kitty collars.. so the boys have blue and the girls have pink.. they do look pretty darn cute.The kids had fun they were taking weird pictures of each other and laughing. I was laying in bed listening to them laughing and it just made my heart smile...

Well YDS is changing his job so he may not be leaving on Tuesday.. I guess he will find out tomorrow..

Well the maid called in sick and I can't find the keys to the bulldozer so I guess I better start cleaning this mess...
I hope all of us have a productive day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2008, 01:01 PM

Hi ladies!

I've just been hanging out with the kids today. When I'm done posting I'm going to call and see if I can get in for a haircut today. I didn't make any plans for today because when I woke up it was cloudy and they were predicting rain. Now it's bright sunshine. It's so humid though, it's not pleasant to be outside anyway. I didn't make the tacos last night. I forgot DD was eating at the birthday party and DH had a meeting. So I'm make them tonight. DD and I got most of the sorting and cleaning done yesterday. Just a little more to do, but we'll do the rest sometime next week. I still have a little of my cold hanging on. I don't feel 100% but all in all not too bad.

Jan I hope your headache is gone. I have had a sinus headache all week, so I know headaches are not fun!

Lisa how cute that your little boyfriend was so glad to see you. I knew he would be. I'm sure it was nice for you to see the kids again. At that age, it doesn't take long for them to look older. I hope all goes well today at your appt.

Sas happy belated birthday to your YDD. How old is she? I love hearing my kids laughing and having fun too! You're a good mommy getting up for ODS. No matter how old they get we still have that nurturing instinct. If your maid ever shows up will you tell her to get a hold of mine!!

Grateful I hope everthing went well with DS's first day of school.

Scrapper let us know how your vacation went when you have a chance.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:33 PM

Hi All,

We had a teacher's institue workshop all day today. Tomorrow is the first day for kids. Today flew by and I think tomorrow will as well. Then Saturday, I can't wait! I ahve a haircut appt Saturday and I may get a pedicure as well. That is really my only plan aside from laundry, yuck.

My head is much better today. Thank you all for asking.

Sas my daughter takes Imitrex. She is now on a 50mg dose. She worries about anything that has to do with medications or doctors. Always has. They think she gets them because of a strong family history on both sides. When she was initially diagnosed she had an attack so bad that she was hospitalized for 2 days and they had a special neurologist come in because she could not speak right. her words were slurred and all garbled up like a stroke patient. It was a very scary event. Ever since she has been on the meds she has not had an incident that bad, and I hope she never does again! Ds is doing allright. He likes his classes, and is getting along well with his roommates. he is pretty stressed though. He has never had to manage his time on his own really, and it is challenging for him. he told me he is having some trouble sleeping. I gave him some scheduling advice and he has promised to try it so he can make some time to get to the rec center to work out. He usually works out daily and I think getting back to that will really help him. I know this is all important stuff for him to learn, but I sure do miss him! Today is his 20th birthday, and it is the first one he has ever had away from home. I know I am a big whiny baby. My DD reminds me that some 18 year olds are fighting in Iraq, and they manage just fine in much more difficult circumstances, so I must try and keep that in mind. Happy birthday to your DD her menu sounds fantastic!

Lisa good news about your BIL. I hope you had equally good news at your appt. I am glad your little bf is doing so well. That is convenient to be able to take the Tums. That is probably cheaper than buying tablets. It is not all that unreasonable of an amount either, I had been curious about that.

Cindy I envy your haircut, LOL. I can't wait until Saturday mine is driving me nuts. When you get used to it short it is hard when it gets shaggy, because there is nothing to do with it and it just looks awful. I had a regularly scheduled appt about 2 weeks ago, but I had to cancel it to take YDD to an appt that is why I am so overdue. It is warm humid and rainy here. it is actually supposed to rain for 3 days. That is bad because it is the week for our county fair, Wed thru Sun. I don't think it will do very well if it rains and that is always a shame. Glad you and DD are almost done with the cleaning. That is definitely not so fun. Tacos also sound yummy. We had chicken chow mein.

Scrapper and grateful I hope all is well with you both.

Well I am off to pack my lunch. Have a nice evening.
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:28 PM

I got good news this afternoon at my appointment. It's just another fibrocystic cyst. I was watching the screen while she was doing it and man I have a lot of those suckers in my boob. I can't feel a lot of them, but there they were. They said I am good for another year

DH and I went out to lunch at Mimis cafe before my appointment. It was really yummy and we enjoyed just sitting and visiting. We still had about 1/2 hour to waste before my appointment and there was a Lowes across the street, so we went over there and wandered around the garden department. We saw lots of plants we would like to buy.

Jan I'm glad your head is feeling better. I know what you mean about letting short hair go too long before a cut. Since I'm trying to grow mine out a bit, I am having a lot of bad hair days. Happy Birthday to your ds. It is hard when you can't be with them on their special day.

Cindy I hope you got in for your haircut. Sounds like you and dd are making good progress on the cleaning.

Sas happy belated birthday to your dd. It sounds like you had a nice party for her. I love mexican food. My favorite

I need to go and feed the dogs. I hate that job. After that I'm going to go lay in bed and watch some T.V. I probably won't make it too long before I fall asleep.
Unread 08-22-2008, 08:50 AM

Good morning ladies,

I wasn't able to get my haircut yesterday. They didn't have any openings. I have to wait until next week. DD wasn't feeling good yesterday. she's not up yet, I hope she's feeling better today. I have grocery shopping and target on my agenda today. It's supposed to storm later so I hope I can finish before it hits. With their summer activities done, my kids have gotten in the habit of sleeping until 10-10:30 every morning. I really didn't mind. It's been a busy summer and they needed some down time. But next week I'm going to have get them back on a schedule so they won't have a hard time getting up for school. I can't believe basically one more week and school starts. It's been a good summer and I'll miss BDS and DD when they go back to school. I'd better get moving and start my day.

Jan I'm sure it will be nice to have the kids back to school today. Happy birthday to your DS. You're not a big whiny baby, you're a mom. I don't blame you a bit for worrying about DS. I know I will be the same when the time comes for my kids. I hope the adjustment period will be short for him. I know he's going to do great, once he gets adjusted. I'm jealous of your hair appt. tomorrow. No, I'm glad and I hope you get the pedicure as well.

Lisa I'm so glad to hear everything is fine and I know that is a relief for you. I'm glad you and DH got to spend some time together. It sounds like you had a nice time.

I hope you all have a nice day.
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Lisa I am so happy for your good news! I love mimi's muffins!! Sounds like you and DH had a nice day.. You know feeding the dogs is one of my favorite chores they are just so darn appreciative and they do not care that its the same thing again! DD favorite is actually the beans and rice... the girl could live on beans and rice!

YDS was up all night puking and pooping.. poor little thing. We were at the drive in and had to leave early.. she was throwing up out the window until I could pull over. Her tummy is settled now but she has yucky runs and 102 temp. hopefully it is a 24 bug..I am not looking foward to it running through the house but oh well that is life huh? I am doing laundry non stop.. poor baby had 3 accidents..

Jan that sounds so scary poor DD!! (and you)I am glad the meds are helping.. they were going to put me on imitrex but it interacts with my prozac. I want to go off prozac cuz I would rather use the imitrex for migraines than the pain killers. I am down at least 2 days sometimes 3.
I do not think you are whiny either...I think you are doing great... we will see how I do if mine leaves on Tuesday, we should find out today... I am sure once your son gets settled in he will do great.. The working out will probably help him sleep too. Happy belated Birthday to your Leo... I am sure it was strange not being with him..

Cindy.. sorry your cold is not quite gone think the storm is a good thing so you can get some rest.. YDS turned 11..I am thinking I need to start girls getting up early next week too. Wow this year I will have only 2 in 2 schools.. Last year got coo coo sometimes with 3 in 3 schools! I will miss mine too but I think I might actually get caught up on cleaning once they go back!!

Scrapper and Grateful hope all is well!

well I hope you all have a good day
Unread 08-23-2008, 08:21 PM

Hi all

I got all of my errands done yesterday. Today DH and I had a day out by ourselves. We had lunch then we went to a coffee house and had lattes and dessert. After that we went and priced some things that BDS wants for his birthday. His birthday is Sept. 3rd. It was nice to have some time for just us. We had lasagna for dinner and spent the evening watching some of the olympics. Tomorrow we'll go to church then have family day together. I'm going to do a little reading before bed.

Sas I'm sorry YDD is sick. Poor thing! Hopefully it's just a 24 hour bug and she'll be feeling better soon. What did you find out about your son leaving?

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend.
Unread 08-23-2008, 09:00 PM

I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon working in the backyard. I didn't take a shower until 2. Boy, did I need it. I was all sweaty and looking lovely by the time I was finished out there. I wore my shorts and what I call my "hoochie mama" shirt (it's like a camisole top that's too small) and I got sunburned on my back. That's my outfit for strictly the backyard. It was in the high 90's today and expected hotter tomorrow and Monday. I got all the weedeating, mowing and some of the weeding done. I think I'm going to break down and spray some roundup on the rest of the weeds. I cannot keep up with them.

I spent the afternoon relaxing inside with the AC going. I have some cleaning that needs to be done, but it can wait for another day.

Matthew is supposed to come tomorrow. He is going to work in his classroom in the morning and I may drive out there to see it. Then he'll come over here and do laundry and have dinner with us.

Sas you are right about the dogs being appreciative about being fed and not complaining about what they get. Ours have to be fed every 12 hours because of Belle having to have her insulin. They all have to be separated and by the time I get them into their spots and then get her shots ready and keep them separated for that it takes me about 15 minutes 2x a day. I know I shouldn't complain, but I wish DH would help out once in a while. OK, my whining is over I'm sorry that your ydd got sick. I hope it's only a 24 hour bug and she is all better tomorrow.

Cindy it sounds like you and dh had a nice day together today.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register