2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 257 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:30 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies!

Where's my girls? It is downright chilly this morning. It's only in the 50s. I forgot to tell you I finally got a haircut yesterday. DH and LDS also got haircuts. Today is BDS's birthday. He requested stuffed red peppers for his birthday meal. I'm going to make them up today so all I'll have to do is put them in the oven later. I'm going to try to do some cleaning today. It seems to be harder for me to clean when it's just me and LDS because he wants my undivided attention. But most of the time if I give him a few small jobs to do I can get through it. DH is leaving for Bangkok on the 14th. He'll be gone for 7 days. I think I'd better start making up my peppers and cleaning.

Have a great day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry it's been so long.....

Hi my hystersisters! I don't know who all is still around, but I plan on reading posts from at least the last 2 weeks when I get done posting this. As you know, I had problems w/my weight after my hysterectomy. I went to a recovery place in December, and came home for January. I've been fighting the eating disorder since then. I haven't had to go back to treatment. My weight is where the dr wants it to be now. I am miserable at this weight. I don't know what I'm going to do. I got my kids off to school, so now I actually have some time to study my recovery books. I'm completely healed from my hyst and am so glad I did it. I'm more comfortable, sex doesn't hurt, I don't have incontinence when I jump, run, laugh, or sneeze anymore, etc. My one complaint is the acne that still plagues me even 10 months after the hyst. It's like a fine rash all over my back, w/an occasional deep red, pimple here and there. Even oral antibiotics don't completely eliminate it. The sides of my face have it, as well as my neck. It's got to be related to the hyst, as I've never had skin problems in my life.
Anyway, enough of me. I can't wait to scroll thru posts and see who is still around. I miss everyone and am sad that I was away for so many months. Please forgive me. Michelle
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:48 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am glad to hear that the first day of school went well for your families! School has gotten very busy around here. We had a planning meeting after school today and we have open house tomorrow night. The last 2 Wednesday nights I have been late getting GD home for her pick up with her Dad. That time is just really hard for me to meet after work. I thought maybe he would give me a problem toady. He didn't and I sure hope he doesn't when he drops her off. I really feel bad when I am late but I really am getting here as fast as I can.

My Ydd is happy that ANTM is back for a new season tonight. Scrapper is your DD watching again this season? She seems to be completely recovered from her teeth. her recheck is not until the 11th, but she doesn't even mention them at all anymore.

I talked to DS tonight and all still seems to be going well. I had to share with him that yesterday I went to the rec center with the gyn teacher from my building. She put me through a workout in the weight room. My upper body is so sore today. My DS thought the picture of me in his old weight room was hysterical. But he agrees with her in thinking this may be just the thing I need to get back into shape after the hyst. We'll see. We are going to go again after school tomorrow.

Michelle it was great to hear from you!! I am glad you are back to a healthy weight and that you are feeling recovered from the hyst. I am sorry that you still feel uncomfortable with your weight. I assume there was a counseling component to the recovery program. Did they recommend follow-up? Outpatient of course. This might be helpful to assist you through the process. Now that you have found us please stay in touch!

Well GD will be home in 15 minutes so I have some things I need to get set for the morning.

Have a great evening ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:35 PM

I've been playing catch up at work the past 2 days. That's what I get for taking a few days off.

DH left at 4:30AM to go fishing. Hopefully he will bring home some fresh halibut.

Andrew is at work right now and I have the house to myself I have laundry going and need to pick up and then plan on relaxing for the rest of the evening.

I called the dentist today, because I woke up at 3AM with a horrible tooth ache. I finally fell back asleep and it felt fine when I got up this morning. They said to give it one more night and call in the AM if it is still uncomfortable. I'm sure I'll be calling. I can feel it starting in again this evening.

Cindy happy birthday to your ds His birthday dinner sounds yummy.

Jan it sounds like you are very busy again with school. I hope the working out helps you. I have been feeling better since I've been walking everyday now. Some evenings I have to push myself out the door, but by the time I'm home I'm glad I did it.

Sas I'm glad the kids had a successful time with back to school. Do you have any brownies left? I love my chocolate

Michelle it was so good to hear from you. I have thought about you a lot lately and hoped you were doing well. Are you still working? I'm sorry you are still dealing with your weight issue. It sounds like you did well with your treatment, if you are at an ideal weight for your Dr. I remember how you suffered with your hemorrhoids. I hope that since your surgery that problem has been taken care of. I have been having issues lately with mine and there are some days I can't stand the pain. It seems like there are good days and bad days with them. I'm looking forward to you catching us up on whats been going on in your life the past 9 months.

Today was close to 100 and it will warm up as the week goes on. I am so tired of running the AC. My next bill is going to be a doozey.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening. I'll check in tomorrow.
Unread 09-04-2008, 06:07 AM

Good morning ladies,

We had a nice time celebrated BDS birthday last night. He liked his gifts, the dinner turned out good and the cake was yummy. I got a call from my doctors office yesterday. There was some grey area on my mammogram. I have to go in tomorrow to have an ultrasound. She told me not to worry, that the mammo picture didn't turn out clear and they want to do the ultrasound so they are able to make an assessment. Today I have to go up to school around lunch time to learn how to use the dishwasher. This year for hot lunch we are using trays and silverware. Last year we used paper products. So we'll have to run everything through the dishwasher. It's a huge old dishwasher and everyone is intimidated by it. Then tonight I have a PTO planning committee meeting. There are 4 of us and tonight we each have to pick a school activity to coordinate. I'm going to have to bring DD and LDS because the guys will be at slots tonight. I'm making spaghetti for supper.

Lisa I hope you got your halibut. I hope your tooth did o.k. last night. I hope you found some time to relax last night, having the house to yourself.

Jan it sounds like you had a nice talk with DS. Good for you doing the workout. A friend of mine asked me to take a fitness class through out community center. I told her I would. It starts in Oct.

Michelle it's good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear you are at a healthy weight. You've come a long way. I'm sorry that you are still struggling. I'm glad to hear that you're recovered from the hyster.

Scrapper and Grateful I hope things are going well your way.

Sas I'm sure you're busy.

Have a good day ladies!
Unread 09-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Smile - 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 Hi again..

Thanks for the welcome back. I plan on keeping in touch from now on. I had no idea that some of you would still be posting and that our date thread still existed. I'm so glad that's the case.
Thankyou also for remember my specific struggles. My bottom "blossom" is completely remedied and I plan to NEVER have to go thru that again. I do whatever is necessary to prevent hem problems. I SO wanted to die during the 2 week recovery from that surgery. I have never been that miserable in my entire life. It felt like hard labor pain for 2 weeks. Oh my Gosh, I hope none of you ever has to go thru that!
My inpatient treatment was horrible. I felt very guilty being away from home, work, my mommy duties, wife duties, etc. I hated the place, felt like it was useless and a rip off. They wanted me to stay another month and i laughed in their face. I told them every day that they weren't being helpful or therapeutic for me. They made me feel like an item on a converyer built at a factory. "NUMBER PLEASE, NOT YOUR TURN FOR HELP TODAY", ETC. What is helping the most is a Christian program at a local church called Celebrate Recovery. It's a 12 step program somewhat developed by pastor Rick Warren who wrote the book A PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE. The book was a little controversial, but this recovery is great. I go for 2-3 hours every Tues and Thurs night. The other thing that's made a huge difference is an antidepressant called Celexa. I guess my brain was short in the serotonin, so this med replenishes it. It helps me think right and lessons my ocd thinking. I am powerwalking 5 miles a day w/a christian girlfriend, and we talk the entire way. We should call it powertalking! I have accountability people in my life now who ask me how I"m doing, how many days of not using anorexia I have, etc. Sept 7 will be 60 days in a row for me. I will get a "chip" or token on tuesday night that says 60 days on it. My spouse went to my 30 day token celebration and it meant a lot. If I skip a meal I have to start counting all over again.
I am starting a women's bible study next wednesday that meets for 3 hours. It's called "BSF" or Bible Study Fellowship, and it meets worldwide. Every group around the world studies the same lesson each week. Neat, aye?
I'm also starting a recovery therapy called MRT. It's used in the jails to help prisoners overcome addiction. It's hard core, but I feel I'm on the edge of relapse right now, and I need something more. I can't change my thinking. I hate myself and life when I weigh a healthy weight. I love myself and life when I'm underweight. No matter how much I study and pray and meditate, my thinking will not change. I feel ashamed about that.
I'm sorry this is so long. I don't know how much info you want.
I won't talk about it anymore unless someone asks a specific question or just wants to know.
I've got one boy in football (quarterback) and one in soccer. The oldest is in jr. high, the youner in elementary. I work weekends in my baby dept at the hospital. My hubby works during the week as a nurse and supervisor of his unit. We took a vacation this summer to California where we saw my entire family, and went to Disneyland. It was fun. We took about 5 camping trips over the summer as well. It's not really roughing it, as we have a tent trailer w/2 big beds, kitchen, heater, running water, etc. The guys caught tons of fish that they won't eat. UGH. I have a new female Yorkie named Brook Trout Schramm. We call her Brook or Brookie. I love her to death. She makes me laugh all the time.
I was able to read the recent posts from you ladies. I see there are only 4 or 5 that have stayed around. Good for you! It's so nice to have a small community of ladies who share in each other's lives. I hope to become a part if you will let me.
I'll check back tomorrow and post a shorter message.
Michelle
Unread 09-04-2008, 07:18 PM

I ended up going to the Dentist this morning. I woke up again last night and knew I would be making a trip in today. He says my nerve is dying in that tooth I figured that is what was going on. He is referring me to an Endodontist for a root canal. The first appt they have is on the 22nd. Hopefully I will make it until then. If it stays as it has been I will be okay. He did say if it gets to the point I can't stand it to call and they will get me into someone else.

I worked at one store today and I am sick of Halloween already LOL. This week I have put up my Halloween cards at 3 of my stores. Monday is the day that I have to do my new Super Target and then they will all be changed over. The Target store will probably take me all day to do. Thats why I wanted to get the other stores taken care of this week.

Cindy try not to worry about your ultrasound tomorrow. I know it's easier said than done. I hope they will give you the results tomorrow when they finish the ultrasound. Waiting is the harest part. I know you will get good results I hope you had fun today learning the dishwasher. I used to work in my kids cafeteria and the one we had there was ancient.

Michelle thanks for the update on you. Don't feel like you can't talk about your weight on here. We are a great support to each other and if you need to talk, we are very good listeners. Congratulations on your 30 days and I hope we hear about your 60 day token on the 7th. You are doing great We also went to Disneyland this summer. We were there on June 25-27. We had a great time. I love Disneyland We also went camping at the coast for a few days. It sounds like you guys had a fun summer. I'm glad your back posting with us.

I need to get off of her and get dinner going. Right now dh and Andrew are napping. Must be nice...

Have a nice evening all.
Unread 09-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I survived the dishwasher training. Actually it wasn't too bad, but it does add about an extra half hour to the time I'm there. We didn't get home from the meeting tonight until 9:00. The little ones got to bed late so they'll will be tired in the morning, but at least it will be Friday. After my ultrasound LDS and I will make a target run and get groceries. Now that DD and BDS are back at school, I have to make sure I'm back in time to pick them up. I'm going to read for a bit, then off to bed.

Lisa I hope you'll be able to make it to the 22nd. That's good they will be able to get you in with someone else if it gets unbearable. I was surprised last week when I saw Halloween things out in the stores. I wasn't even in that mind set yet. Thank you for the vote of confidence for tomorrow. I hope I get my results right away too. But I'm going to go in with a positive attitude.

Michelle as Lisa said, you can always come here to talk about your weight or anything for that matter. We are always here for each other. Congrats on the 30 days. I'm glad you found a good support group through the church. It sounds like you've had a busy summer. I am also glad you're back and hope you will keep posting.

Sleep well everyone.
Unread 09-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Sad it's Friday already

Tuesday was soooo great as I saw each son off to school. I didn't get a chance to celebrate, as I ran from one thing to the next, but the quiet was wonderful. Wednesday and Thursday, I was still catching up on housework. I was on the computer a bit too. I have different forums on the computer that I like. One is for people w/celiac disease, like me. Another deals w/spirituality and weight and it's called Thin Within. Finally, I have the Eating Disorders Anonymous site where I mentor 2 ladies who are working on their 12 steps. I also do computer banking, so you can see that my time gets swallowed up by the computer quickly.
I want to say to Lisa that the exact thing you are going thru w/your tooth happened to me last year at this time. A tooth that had a lg filling needed a crown and the dentist prepped the tooth for the crown. That weekend I had searing pain. Monday I walked into the office, he took one look at me and told me to go home, wait for the endodontist to call me. I needed immediate surgery on the dying tooth. I know that pain! I got in that day and had the prodecure. I got an injection that caused all the gum tissue around that tooth to die and slough off. It was gross, scary and painful. The endodontist actually eliminated a chunk of my bill because of this. My neighbor is a dental hygienist and she told me that if the dentist who's prepping the tooth lets it get too hot, the nerve will die. Something to think about.....
I'm glad you enjoyed Disneyland. It will be the last trip for hubby and I. We hate the parking system, crowds, expensive food, etc.

Mrs. Willie/Jan: You are a great mom to help your daughter get her wisdom teeth removed. My parents did it for all 4 of us, and my hubby's mom did not do it for my hubby. I had to cover it at Christmas time, dh had to miss work, the expense was more, surgery more involved, etc. So glad she recovered quickly too. I'm applauding your fitness aspirations. It's hard work, but so worth it. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. The soreness will pass soon. As winter comes, I'll do less powerwalking and more weight lifting inside. It helps us stay young and healthy. Can you tell me what show ANTM is? I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts!

Hyperhister/Cindy: Hope the ultrasound today gives you peace. My girl friend in CA has to get this done yearly as she has fibrocystic lumps in her breasts. Hope you can put all of this behind you soon. What career is your hubby in that he gets to travel to Bangkok? I miss my guy after 2 days! Maybe you are used to him leaving for a time.

I'm going to clean house today. My back is killing me still. Hurt it at work Aug 23, and it's taking it's time to heal. My 3 dogs are keen on urinating on the new trex deck, and right in front of the door to boot. I saw some spray at Petco awhile back that you put where you DON'T want them to pee. Gonna give that a try today.
I bought an ultra technical scale last night that I'll have to hide from everyone. It measures hydration, weight, and body fat composition. I still can't figure it all out, but I will by tonight! wt is down a pound today from last week. I ABSOLUTELY WON'T WEIGH ABOVE 93!!! I told my hubby that and he does not understand how painful it is. I don't know how to explain it to him, but i feel like I can't breathe when I'm heavier. It's like a feeling of claustrophobia or something. I don't expect you ladies to understand. Just know that it's the hardest thing to conquer second to hem surgery, of course. Ha Ha LOL
Unread 09-05-2008, 03:23 PM

Idahonurse!!! I was so excited to see your posts!! Welcome back... I am so glad to hear from you... ok my dear as a sober alcoholic.. (19 years) I really have to tell you that scale needs to go! We are only as sick as our secrets... and for your disease I think that scale is a big secret... throw it away or give it to the hospital... we are here for you no matter what...

Well I thought I had a minute to post...but YDD is calling for food... I have not been on cuz I have been busy with her, been to urgent care twice... I think she has post concussion syndrome!! From when she hit her head from tire swing... will explain when i have 2 minutes

I will try to check back on later gotta go take care of my patient

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register