2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 262 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 09-18-2008, 06:50 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies

The field trip was alot of fun. It was perfect weather, which is good, because we were outdoors all day. LDS had a great time at my friends house. Me and the kids had a nice evening. We just hung out together and relaxed and watched some t.v. together. I have to stop at the grocer in town to pick up a couple things for dinner, after I drop the kids to school. I'm making meatloaf tonight. That is one of BDS favorite meals. I tell ya, I go grocery shopping on Fridays and by Wednesday sometimes Thursday the cupboards are pretty bare. I'd better wake up the kids.

Jan I hope you got your dry day yesterday. We have been having nice weather all week and it's supposed to continue until the middle of next week. I think the things you mentioned to send for the care package is a good idea. That's good that your DS is a healthy eater.

Lisa I sure hope you get to tell us you caught that creature. How awful to not really know what it is or where it is. I try to go on all of the field trips as well. I always have a good time. It sounds like your weather is cooling down. You'll have to break out those thermals soon.

Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Are we havin' fun yet?

Hi Sisters! I know I've been a little absent lately. I apologize. I have something for my recovery nearly every day of the week now, and have homework to boot. Then come the kids activities, and finally, the spouse, house, and 3 beasts we call our dogs.
Our weather could not be more beautiful right now. I was invited to go spend lunch on a boat dock sitting on lake Coeur d Alene yesterday following Bible study. There were 5 of us moms just laughing and talkin trash. No gossip, but just not the way we talk at work or in front of kids, etc.

Lisa, you are a go getter mowing and all you do outside. My dh could get some ideas I don't like if he heard about it.
Based on the poop you mentioned dripping down the car and window, do you think it's cat poo? I'm really creeped out by all this. I'm thinking of Steven King type stuff. "IT LURKS WHERE YOU CAN'T SEE IT........IT SMELLS LIKE DEATH ITSELF......IT'S LIKE NOTHING ANYONE'S EVER SEEN.....
GOTCHA!!!! IT'S TOO LATE TO BE SAVED.....

Jan, I get tired of the northern weather too sometimes. We have very short days and light in the winter. The sun rarely shines all winter as well. I'm not having the sinus probs you've described, but I get stuffy and need my nasal spray every day. Hope this doesn't become habit for me, as I have enough habit probs as it is! I'm glad my boys aren't into wrestling, as I already fear them having body image or weight issues from my problems w/it. If your son has a healthy idea about all of it, he'll probably live to be a hundred or more. It's unusual for young ppl to eat healthy these days. What school is he at?

Cindy, good girl for getting the bone density test. I've had 2 and the second showed deterioration. I don't know how old you are, haven't noticed it mentioned or posted, but it's good to start young. Glad the field trip went well.

I'm meeting w/a pastor at 10 am this morning to discuss my anorexia. He is offering the MRT class that I take at his church. The other gals in the class suggested that I see him for counseling. I spoke w/him yesterday and he knows a lot about addiction. I like what he's doing for my girlfriend's son and her family. He's a no nonsense kinda' guy. Just what I need....a swift kick in the u know what.
Michelle
Unread 09-18-2008, 08:22 PM

Hi ladies,

We had dry nice weather today. My head feels better today. I am getting sleepy so it will be off to bed about 9 i think.

It has been really busy at school, but that is great because my weeks are flying by. I cn't believe it will be friday tomorrow already!

Did I mention YDD was trying out for the fall play at her school? They are putting on the Miracle Worker. She got the part of Helen. DS mentioned that it would be hard to play a part with no dialougue, but I assured him she would be a pro as she always goes blind anytime there is a mess that needs to be cleaned up around here.

DS called and said he received the wrestling shoes DH sent in the mail and that one of his professors recommended him for a job on campus. That would be great for him. I really hope he gets it.

ODD is actually home playing with GD for a change so that has been a nice break for me and GD is very happy.

Lisa I hope you have caught your critter.

Michelle I am glad you have been able to spend some leisure time with your girlfriends. That does so much for the spirit. Do you live in Idaho? I have been to lake Coeur d Alene and it is beautiful! What a wonderful place to relax. I hope your meeting went well with the pastor. That is sometimes the kind of counseling a few of the kids I work with I need, a good old fashioned kick in the $%#, LOL!

Cindy sounds like you have been having a very nice week with the kids. It is amazing how they can eat us out of house and home! I had a meatloaf sandwich for lunch today because I had made meatloaf earlier in the week too. Tonight we had chicken and coleslaw.

Well ladies YDD needs my assistance so I am off to help her and then hit the sack. Have a great evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2008, 12:59 AM

I am popping in here late tonight. We just got home from some friends house. They invited us for dinner and we had a great time eating and chatting. It was a very relaxing evening.

Garage update: We now know who it is, but have been unable to catch him yet. It is the feral cat from the neighborhood. He is a black and white cat so I have been calling him "BW" for the past year. He will not let anyone near him. I have tried to befriend him, but he just runs when I come near. Last night dh went into the garage and one of the glue traps he had put up in the rafters was laying on the floor. He picked it up and something has gotten stuck on it. He thought it was cat hair. Then he looked up and BW was walking around. DH got up on a table and tried to catch him and he ran to the other side then hid. I don't think he can get back down, so this afternoon DH made a makeshift ramp that he will hopefully use and get into the trap. The poor cat has been without food or water for at least 5 days now. I hope that in the AM he is in that trap and I don't think he will ever come back in our garage again.

Cindy I'm glad you had fun on the fieldtrip.

Michelle it sounds like you are doing well. You sound busy. As for working in the yards I prefer a lawnmower over a vacuum cleaner any day.

Jan congrats to you ydd on getting a part in the play. I hope your ds gets the job on campus. I'm glad ODD is giving you a break from GD for a bit.

It's late and I need to get to bed. I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday
Unread 09-19-2008, 07:01 AM

Good morning ladies

I ended up doing my grocery shopping yesterday. I figured it didn't really pay to go to the local grocer and pay double for a few things, when I would have been going to the grocery store today anyways. So LDS and I headed out after we dropped the kids at school. I made meatloaf last night. The kids and I had another relaxing evening. Tonight BDS is sleeping over at a friends and DD has a friend sleeping over at our house. I haven't heard from DH in a couple of days. There is a 12 hour time difference, so it's hard to connect. Our weather has been beautiful.

Michelle it was scrapper that had the bone density test. It sounds like you had a nice time on your mom outing. I hope your meeting with the pastor went well.

Jan congrats to DD on the play. Your analogy of her playing Helen was too funny. In that case any of my kids could play the role as well! lol I'll keep my fingers crossed that DS gets the job. He seems to be doing really well. That's nice that ODD spent time with GD. You deserve a break.

Lisa I hope that the ramp will work and you can catch the cat. I glad that at least you know what's up there. I'm glad you had a nice evening with your friends.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 09-19-2008, 07:44 AM

Hi Ladies,

I don't have much time but I had to jump on to see if Lisa caught the critter! I am glad to hear you found out it is BW. I hope the ramp works. We will all be waiting to here.

Michelle to answer your question my DS goes to Southern Illinois University.

Cindy I hope your kids have fun at the sleepovers. Have a great day ladies and I will catch up more later!
Unread 09-19-2008, 10:33 AM

Hi Sisters, the meeting w/the pastor was nerve wracking to say the least. We got interrupted by a phone ringing every 5 minutes. I was w/him for over an hour and a half. I've committed to eating one full meal a day and I chose breakfast. So this morning I ate some oatmeal, tsp of flax seed oil, about 5 almonds and 4 cashews, a TBL of soy milk and a cup of java w/coffee creamer in it. I will do my 5 mile powerwalk at 9am after dropping YDS off at school. My wt dropped back down thank goodness, b/c I couldn't figure out why it had bumped up a couple of lbs. The pastor I saw took front and side photos of me to use as a guage of improvement in perception. It was very uncomfortable. I had to lift my top up a little so the photo shows my midriff exposed. EEEk! It triggered me big time and I had a very bad day yesterday w/food.
Tonight, my family is staying in a motel so that my son can get to the fb field by 7:50 am in a town about 50 miles from us. I'm a germaphobe incase I haven't mentioned it, and motels FREAK ME OUT!!! I'm taking a new can of Lysol and my black light so I know where to spray. I won't walk barefoot on the carpet or shower w/out flip flops on. Wish we could take the camper, but dh says it's too much trouble. Yeah, for him, maybe. He shrugs my germaphobia off and doesn't worry about germs.
We will be celebrating my ODS tomorrow when he turns 12. Again, we'll be taking he and friends out for dessert. Not sure what I'll do. I'd like to take my own something, but don't think i can. It's about my son anyway, so I'm not going to worry.

I have to get now, sorry I don't have time to respond to each of you individually. I should get some time later after packing and cleaning, and homework. Hope everyone is well and happy, and wise. Michelle
Unread 09-19-2008, 09:39 PM

Hi There,

It was a good friday. Work went well. DH has a cold. GD went to her Dad's and YDD is at a sleepover. DH and I went out to dinner and we had chicken veggie soup and blueberry pie. It was good. DS sent me na email and said he got the job. I don't knowexactly what he will be doing but it is the visual arts dept at the university. DH and I are going to head to bed since he is not feeling very well. I hope you are all having a good evening.
Unread 09-19-2008, 10:08 PM

Hi all,

The sleepover with DD's friend has gone well so far. Those giggly girls! It's been a little hard on LDS. Usually BDS is here and LDS will hang out with him while the girls play and do their stuff. But since BDS is gone, LDS wanted to play with the girls and they didn't want any part of that. So I played with him most of the night, but he was distracted because he was busy trying to listen to what the girls were up to. Even though they're all in bed, I can hear those girls talking quietly. They are going to be tired in the morning. We are going to DD's volleyball then I'll drop her friend at home. After that I'll pick up BDS. Later on we are meeting a friend of mine and her kids at a park that was just built. It is a neat park. It's all fenced in and has tons of things to play on. Then we are all having dinner together. We are meeting at 4:00 and will probably have an early dinner. Maybe 5:00-5:30. Then I plan on coming home and relaxing with the kids for the rest of the evening. We'll need it after our busy day. I think I'll read for a short while before bed.

Michelle I think you are taking a positive step with the one full meal a day. I hope that you will be able to stick with it and build on that. I hear you about hotel rooms. I'm a bit of a germaphobic too. I can't think too much about all people that have been there before us, or I would never travel again. Good luck to your son on his football game. Happy birthday to your ODS.

Jan I'm glad your Friday went well. Congrats to your DS for getting the job. He seems to be doing really well at school an it sounds like you've been able to talk with him quite a bit. I hope your DH feels better soon.

Lisa I hope sometime over this weekend you'll be able to report that "BW has left the building"

Sleep well everyone.
Unread 09-19-2008, 11:04 PM

BW has left the building Thank goodness...
This afternoon dh went out to clear an area up high to put the trap on since he wasn't using the ramp to come down. He spotted him laying on top of the big flourescent light fixture. I took a bag of cat food and was shaking it to distract him from dh climbing onto the ladder. Once dh was in place he reached up (I made him put on long sleeves and gloves) and started to grab him and it startled him and he backed up and fell off of the light. He landed on a work bench luckily and then got his footing and FLEW out of the garage. He ran to the next door neighbors and then across the street. He stopped and kept looking back and I was standing there in shock about how it all happened. I told him don't worry we're not coming after you LOL...Poor guy was very traumatized. I hope he will be okay after not having food or water for so long. I don't think we have to worry about him sneaking back in the garage. I will return the trap to the PD on Monday. Guess I didn't need to spend the $20 to rent it.

I am so glad it is Friday. I got awakened this morning by my cell phone ringing at 6:20. Yesterday I had called our headquarters in Cleveland to have an invoice faxed to a store and they were calling me back to tell me it didn't go through. Guess they don't realize that CA is 3 hours behind them. I was not a happy camper.

Jan I hope dh feels better and he doesn't share his cold with you. Congrats to your ds on the job

Cindy I hope the girls let you get some sleep tonight. It sounds like you have a busy day tomorrow.

Michelle I'm glad to hear that you agreed to at least one full meal a day. Good luck to your ds tomorrow at his game. Happy birthday to your ODS tomorrow.

I need to go and feed the dogs and give Belle her shot. Tomorrow I plan on sleeping in. I hope everyone has a nice evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register