2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 264 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 09-23-2008, 06:41 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning

Yesterday was a nice day. LDS slept in, so when I got back from taking the kids to school, we were able to have a little alone time. Later we went out for lunch and stopped at a coffee house on the way home. We chatted and caught up. LDS was thrilled to have a day with mom and dad. Last night DD had dance practice. Today I need to do a little cleaning. I got all of DH's laundry caught up, but of course there is more laundry to do today. It's raining and probably will be most of the day.

Jan I'm glad you were able to get your carpets cleaned. It's nice that the house was still in good condition when you came home. I'm glad you enjoyed the workshop. I have been thinking about the hyster too, I can't believe it's going to be our 1 yr. soon.

grateful it's good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear DS is doing well in HS. Congrats to DH for getting the job. I hope you will feel better soon. Keep in touch.

Lisa I hope it turns out that you don't need the root canal. I hope your day at work won't be too busy.

I hope you ladies have a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2008, 02:19 PM

hey everyone...

YDS is fine.. blood work was normal and she actually kind of just popped back to being her regular little crazy self... she and ODS got flu with the sore throats and coughing... so last week I had to open the infirmary back up ... so far so good... yds just has a raspy voice that pops in and out...

I have been catching up little by little ... Jan your flood!!! yikes... Your home sounds wonderful I have always wanted an old house... they have so much character. Our house was built in the 70's.. boring!! Sounds like DS is doing great! But how are you?? My YDS leaves sunday... I am kinda in denial... not really dealing with it.

Cindy glad DH is home you must have missed him. Can't imagine going that long with out washer!!
Grateful..congrats to DH on getting job... well sorry for the computer virus... been there.. one time I went on computer after ODS.. Ya didn't need to see what he was looking at... DH had a talk with him and he was mortified that I had seen where he had been.. YDS I guess has been more discreet.

Lisa...I had to keep reading the posts to find out what was in the garage.. it was like a suspenseful book... I could not stop reading until I knew! oh that smell!! We had some males spraying I can't stand it!! VINEGAR!!

Michelle... I am glad you are getting help... When I got sober I could not do it for myself... I had to do it for my son... doing it for myself came later...so maybe eat like it is keeping your kids alive...

hey quicksnapper how is your back doing? I hope you are doing okay... are you doing therapy?

well I am off to get some cleaning done... trying to get the clutter under control... I have 5 Helens here!! hope all have a great day..
Unread 09-23-2008, 09:33 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well someone got some info from my email or something. We got literally 30 phonecalls from 1-800 numbers today calling and saying I signed up for this or that and they all said the requests came from my email. Our computer was not in use all day as we were off at school and work. I called my ISP and I ran every scan I could but neither found anything. I sure hope the calls stop and nothing else comes of it. We will see.

Cindy you were quick at doing all that laundry! Your day yesterday sounded really nice. I hope you had a good one today too. My house was not so clean when I got home today. I knew it wouldn't last. Bummer, lol.

Sas I am glad YDD is ok. That was an odd one. I would have really been concerned as well. I am glad it cleared up whatever it was. GD has a hoarse raspy voive and swollen tonsils right now. I fear her days at daycare are numbered this week. I am doing ok with the DS thing. I still miss him but I feel better as time passes and I see him doing so well. At least one of our kids can function on his own!

I got my hair trimmed after work and then DH, GD and I went out for burgers. It was nice that I didn't have to rush and pick up GD for a change. No cooking was a bonus. And more good news... no headache today! I hope this lucky streak continues. Well I am off to get ready for bed.

Have a great evening!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2008, 06:21 AM

Good morning ladies

I'm lucky I got up on time this morning. We had thundershowers all night and sometime during the night the power went out and the clocks were all flashing. It's been a quiet week so far. Today the thrift store is having 50% off everything. I'll think I'll go in and check it out. Last night I made burgers for supper, tonight I'm making tacos.

Sas I'm glad to hear that YDD is o.k. The crud is already starting it seems. I hope it doesn't visit us for awhile.

Jan that is odd about the phone calls. Other than that, it sounds like you had a nice day. Any day that cooking isn't involved is a good one. lol

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 09-24-2008, 11:58 PM

I've had a busy 2 days with work. Tonight we went out to dinner with the inlaws. They are going away for a few days and need me to take care of their house. Dinner was their way of thanking me in advance. Anytime you don't have to cook is a good day

Tonight my sister came over and the stray cat was hanging out on our porch. She asked where the cat came from. I said I had no idea and she said she swears it's the same cat that was hanging out in their neighborhood last year. The cat ended up getting a bad leg injury and her neighbor took him to a cat rescue group and they had the leg treated, snorfleed him and then adopted him out. Her dh is going to come over and look at him since he was around the cat more. The adoption place adopts out of Pet Smart, so if they are sure that it's the same cat, Andrew can find out from them who adopted him and if they still have him. I'm hoping he just ran away and they are looking for him. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can return him to his home.

Cindy I'm glad you had a nice day with your dh and LDS. It's hard to believe you were having rain and we were in the 90's today. I don't think we are ever going to cool off here.

Jan I hope the phone calls stop. That is really weird. I'm glad no headache today for you.

Sas it was good to hear from you. I'm glad YDD is doing fine now. I hope the flu bug has made a permanent exit from the house.

I'm going to go in and watch TV in bed. I'm sure I'll fall asleep very fast tonight. I had to set the alarm for work this AM and didn't get to sleep in and I'm exhausted this evening.
Unread 09-25-2008, 08:33 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well last night I was still bombarded by phone calls. I have to give the telemarketers credit. They have all been very polite when I tell them the situation. No problems, just thank me and hang up. I sure hope we get to the end of the calls soon.

GD still not feeling very well but so far she has been holding her won and has not been sent home from daycare yet. I was tired this morning. It has been rainy so it has been cloudy and grey. That has been making it hard to wake up! I am starting to look forward to the weekend. I would like to go shopping on Saturday if GD feels up to it and if the weather is nice I would like to get out to the orchard to get a bunch of apples one of these days. I would like to make applesauce with GD. I imaginethat is too many things for us to accomplish this weekend. Between viruses and the weather I am sure it is wishful thinking!!

Tonight I am going to try to get to the rec center to work out and then throw together some dinner. If I get all that done I am sure I will be ready to relax!

Well I better get back to it. I hope you all have a great day!!
Jan
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:33 AM

Morning ladies! Hope all is well with everyone. I've been having those darn headaches again and was off work sick on Tuesday. It was alarming for a lot of folks because I NEVER miss work. Matter of fact, the hyster is the only time I've really been off. Have left early a couple of times with the ughs but for the most part, I'm always here. Going to a woman of the year gala tonight, black tie, should be fun. I'm definitely not one of the 50 nominees, actually the mother of the year van seems to gun it and speed very quickly by my house regularly! LOL

So, last night DS comes in and says he has a bump on his thingy. I'm like goodness what now...so I say, well let me look at it, thinking surely he wouldn't let me. Ha! he pulls his pants down. I inspect, see nothing. But did say, that thing looks quite a bit bigger than last time i saw it, you need to quit pulling on it or you'll have a 3rd leg eventually. Yes ma'am. Then I say (I have no idea why), when it gets hard does it get longer. He says yes it does, 2 inches longer. I'm thinking how on earth does he know that, so I ask. He says last week at the pep assembly it was really hard and sticking out and the girl next to me said, whoa that thing looks 2 inches longer than it was yesterday...I know, there are so many things wrong with that story, I can't begin to address them...LOL

Jan- that is so strange about the calls but a least they're being polite. I'm glad GD is hanging in there at day care. I love being able to sleep during the rain but can't tell you the last time I slept in, I mean really slept in. Apple picking and applesauce sound fantastic. GD is really lucky to have you. Really lucky. Great on no headaches, I'm right there with you on that one!

Lisa- I do hope you can return the cat, bless him. He may not want to go back though, as he's getting excellent treatment at Hotel Lisa. You work way too hard!

Cindy- I'd love to go to the thrift store with you. I love a good bargain. Our thrift stores here are pitiful. I need a bargain fix!!

Sas- glad DD is fine, definitiely would've concerned me.

Quick- hope all is well with you.
Unread 09-25-2008, 03:33 PM

Hello ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I"m doing well...I've just been very busy with work and with dd in the evenings. We have had lots going on. I've had meetings at her school for choir, orientation for her confirmation classes and Back to School Night. That was nice walking the campus and meeting her teachers. They talked about what the class was about and the expectations. I'm really happy with her teachers.

Dd's dress has arrived for her bday celebration. We will pick it up tomorrow evening, and we are scheduled for her fitting next Tuesday. The plans are moving right along. I've received the invitations and scheduled an appt for her hair and make up. We also started the 3 required classes last Saturday.

Tonight I'm taking dd to choir practice for church. then I"m off to order food for Saturday - dh's bday. I'm having the family over. So I need to start doing some cleaning too.

Grateful - glad ds is getting along in high school. Dd is doing well too. She likes it. Congrats on dh getting a job.

Lisa - hoping you don't have to go through getting the root canal.

Sas - glad to hear that dd is back to feeling like herself. My back is still bothering me. My pain is lower back traveling to my hips and legs. I had therapy and injections and neither worked for me. I'm now being referred to a spine surgeon and waiting for the authorization to be approved. I see my primary doctor on Monday so I will follow up with him on the status.

Mrswillie - our home number is very similar (off by one digit) to one of our major dept stores. So we get calls very frequently asking if this is Macys. Dd says "if we were a store, would we answer Hello." - LOL!!! Hope GD is hanging in there.

Well ladies....good to get back in touch. Back to work...havea great afternoon. Take care.
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:37 PM
One year hysterversary coming up!!

Hello Ladies.

Just wanted to wish you a healthy and happy hysterversary next month!

Can not believe its almost been one year!
Arent we glad this year is behind us.??

I feel good now.. It has been 6 months post chemo. My hair is growing back.. very cute and curly.Sorry I did not keep in touch.. I do check the site almost every day....

Leaving for Hawaii on Monday.. finally!
We had to cancel trip scheduled for last year.

Sukipup..How are you?
Hopefully we will hear how you are doing.

Love to all of you!
Chris (sunbelle)
Unread 09-26-2008, 05:03 PM

Happy Friday ladies,

So glad it's Friday...I"m tired. I've been so busy the last 2 weeks and it has caught up with me.

Work is good today...not super busy. Although I was away from my desk for 3 hours attending a workshop.

Dd and I are going to pick up her dress today when I get home. I'm going to see if I can find anything for me.

Tomorrow will be busy getting ready for dh's bday get together. I ordered the food last night. Have a little light cleaning to do as well. I'm hoping that on Sunday I can relax.

Weather is hot here 99 today....it's another heat wave.

Sunbelle - Aloha....hope you have a great trip...enjoy!!! I know I can't believe it will be our 1 year hyster anniversary already.

Have a great weekend!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register