2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 265 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 09-26-2008, 06:06 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies!!

So good to be relaxing for the weekend! GD hung inthere, but YDD is down for the count. Horrible headache and nauseous. I hope it is a 24 hour thing. It was a very busy day. I am glad our principal is going to be back Monday. The building gets crazy when the kids know he is gone.

It looks like the weather is going to cooperate for the weekend, but I have to see how YDD feels before I can decide what I will do this weekend. One thing for sure is I don't want to get up at 5:30. I hope GD will let me sleep at least until 7. I am sure that is wishful thinking!

Grateful sounds like you will be having a fun evening tonight. What are you wearing to the event? Your story about DS was something. No way would my DS have showed me anything at that age! I get along well with my DS but your relationship is definitely more open. Your DS is lucky to be so close to his mom. I wish you a headache free weekend.

Scrapper that is exciting about DD's dress. You will have to email us photos. I hope your DH's party is fun. Sounds like you will be ready to relax on Sunday. I like going to workshops on Fridays. It is the perfect way to end the week. At my last job I got to go to quite a few workshops. This one I get to got to some but not nearly as many. The phone calls are getting much less frequent now.

Sunbelle how nice to hear from you!! I can't believe it has been a year either. It really went fast. for awhile there it was a long haul, but now I feel so much better, even with the extra weight, that it was worth it. Have a wonderful trip to Hawaii!! I hope you check in sometime and let us know how it went.

Cindy, Lisa, Michelle, and Sas I hope you are all well.

Have a great evening ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2008, 07:21 PM

Hello ladies...all is quiet this way, which is good. Work was something else today, full of drama and suspense. Glad none of it had to do with me!! A couple of weeks ago, a lady I work with took her 16 year old daughter in for outpatient laproscopic surgery (appendectomy). After a bit, surgeon came out and said, oh, we accidentially nicked an artery and she bled out and didn't make it. It has been so horrible for that family and it was such a shock for all of us. Anyway, she was at the table with me last night and I really felt for her. the event was a lot of fun. I wore a short black dress. I debated a long one I have (which I really like and paid WAY too much money for) but decided to go with the short one. There was everything from ball gowns to slacks. Very beautiful event and a retired brigader general won, which everyone seemed crazy about. I didn't know any of the 50 nominees. I'll definitely attend next time!

Jan- sorry the bug got your YDD, I hope she bounces back quick. I hope your headaches are better. Mine are fine. Guess the beta blocker is the answer after all! I bet the kids do act nutso when the principal is out. Here's to you some sleep!!! Yes, DS is very open. He doesn't have the thing coded in his DNA that says don' tell your mom this stuff. It's pretty interesting but I just roll with it. I'm sure I contribute to it quite a bit tho! LOL

Scrapper- sounds like you're getting everything ready for DD, can't wait to see the photos.

Sunbelle- good to hear from you. Glad you are doing well post-chemo. Hawaii sounds SO wonderful. Really, really enjoy yourself. Let us know what we missed!!

Well, gonna take my BB and call it a night. Might try to do some garage sales tomorrow, I need a bargain fix real bad!!! Have a good evening!
Unread 09-26-2008, 07:50 PM

TGIF This week seemed to go on and on and on.

Andrew has had a chinchilla for about a year now. Matthew has always loved Roo and was going to get one for himself once he was settled back in the area. Andrew decided a few weeks ago that he really doesn't give Roo the attention he needs and offered him to Matthew. He came by this afternoon after work and picked him up. I was sad to see him go, but Matthew will give him a lot more attention than Andrew did. I will still get visitation rights LOL.

Jan I'm sorry the bug caught up with YDD. I hope you get to do something fun this weekend.

Grateful it sounds like you had a nice time at the awards dinner. What a horrible thing for your coworker losing her dd during a fairly routine surgery. I'm glad your headaches are doing better. I was LOLing reading your story about your son. My boys would have never been that open with me. It's nice you have such a nice open relationship with him.

Scrapper I'm glad your dd dress is in. I can't wait to see some pictures. Enjoy your birthday celebration for your dh.

Sunbelle it was nice to hear from you. I'm glad your chemo is over and you are doing well. Have fun in Hawaii.

Last week my ex sister in laws Mom was admitted to the hospital with what they thought was a stroke. They did a CAT scan and it showed a brain tumor. They did a biopsy on Wednesday and it came back malignant. They are giving her 4-5 months. If you could keep Jeannie in your prayers, I know the family would appreciate it.

DH is working until 8 tonight. I'm going to run now and pick up some pizza for dinner. I do not feel like cooking in this heat. We were close to 100 today and I don't think we are ever going to see fall around here.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2008, 05:29 PM

We had a very good weekend. Fall has sprung here the leaves are falling off the trees. The last 2 days weather was beautiful. Yesterday GD and I were sitting around in our PJ's and DS walks in the door. He felt like coming home for a visit. He says he misses the County in the fall. We talked for awhile and then we went out. We went grocery shopping and we bought mums for the front porch. Then we went to eat at Spaghetti express. After we came home he played with GD and visited with YDD. Later in the afternoon He went to the apple orchard with his gf. He came home and brought YDD and I a bag of honey crisps and a bag of hot cinnamon sugar doughnuts. I made tuna casserole for dinner. This morning we ate and he visited and played until about 11 and then he had to head back. He is back at his apartment now.

GD eats apples so funny. I core them and slice them into wedges. She picks them up and eats the flesh out and leaves the skin. How you or I would eat and orange cut in wedges with the skin on. DS noticed that she is speaking more words and longer sentences. After DS left YDD had some poms over to practice their new routine. GD circulated between them and I. I finished the laundry. The sun is going down and we are starting to wind down to bedtime. I already gave GD her bath. She is watching YDD paint some pillowcases for poms. Poor DH worked this whole weekend and missed DS' visit.

OH BTW yesterday YDD still had a headache, but not nearly as bed, meds helped. Today she seems back to herself.

Grateful sounds like you had a great time at the event. That is terrible about your friend's daughter. How devastating. I am glad she was able to get to the banquet.

Lisa that was fun about your visiting rights! I hope it has cooled off some by you. I hope you have relaxed as well since you had such a busy week. It is hard to believe how fast the weekends go and then it is time to head back tomorrow already.

Scrapper I hope your party was good and you had time to relax today as well.

Cindy I hope you are doing well. It is unlike you to be gone from the board so much. You must be busy. I hope it is busy out having fun! Well I miss your posts for sure!

Well I am going to watch Cinderella with GD. Havre a great evening!
Unread 09-28-2008, 06:27 PM

Good afternoon all

I got up this morning and put on my hoochie mama top and shorts and headed out into the backyard to work before it got too hot. I made it until 11:30 and then had to go back inside. It is in the high 90's today. I was sweating and looking plain lovely out there. I jumped in the shower and it felt so good. It is supposed to start cooling off by mid week. By next weekend we are supposed to be in the mid 70's

Matthew is here right now doing his laundry. I have dinner in the oven and he will head home after dinner. I fixed bourbon chicken, rice and corn. I went and got a chocolate satin pie for dessert

Jan what a nice surprise you had with your ds visit. Glad your ydd is feeling better.

I am looking forward to watching Desperate Housewives tonight. I told dh after 9 tonight, I am unavailable

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.
Unread 09-29-2008, 05:30 AM

good morning

I'm sorry I've been away. Our computer conked out last Thursday. I'm using DH laptop to pop on quick. This is his work laptop so I can't use it very often. We ordered the part for our computer. By the time it comes in and DH installs it, will probably be another week. I'll try to pop on occasionally if I get a chance to use the laptop again.

I missed you ladies. I don't have time to go back and catch up on posts right now, I've read a couple.

This weekend dd had volleyball on Sat. then we stayed home all day. Yesterday DD and BD sang in the 8:00 church service, then we went out for lunch and ran a few errands. I really need a day to sleep in. Two more weeks and volleyball will be over, then I'll have Sat. to sleep in again. DD has dance tonigt, I have a Sunbeams meeting on Thursday. Today is my hot lunch day.

Jan how nice for DS to surprise you with a visit. It sounds like you had a nice time. It's too bad DH had to work. My LDS used to eat his apples the same way as GD. He eats the skin now. I hope your week at work is good.

Lisa that was nice of Andrew to give Matthew the pet. I can't believe your still having warm weather. We are having fall weather like Jan.

Well ladies, if I don't get to check in again before our computer is fixed, happy hyster anniversary! I can't believe a year has gone by since our hysters.

I hope you all have a nice day and a nice week. I'll check in as soon as I can.
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:03 AM

Good morning ladies!!

Well it is pouring outside! It is a bummer after the beautiful weather we had this weekend, but at least we got it on the weekend for a change. YDD overslept this morning. I flipped on the light in her room this morning at 6:30 not expecting her to be there and up she popped. She was supposed to be at poms at 6:15. She dressed and left in about 10 minutes but I am sure her pom coach was not happy!

Lisa your dinner sounds fantastic. I hope you enjoyed your show.

Cindy I am so sad about your computer! I hope it does n't take too long to fix.

Well here is to a great week ladies!!
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:06 AM

Morning ladies! sounds like everyone had busy weekends. I won't tell you about mine because it was SO boring, you'd fall asleep just reading about it! LOL. Saturday did nothing until it was time for my massage. I decided to get a salt glow/sauna/massage this time. I had to go to someone else though and she wasn't very good. She ended up spending the whole hour massaging my back and neck and no other parts. Which normally wouldn't be an issue except i needed the oil from the salt scrub. So, I went home looking a little aligator-y. Won't be using her again. Yesterday was church and home. See, told you it was boring! The cleaning lady comes today, THANK GOODNESS. DS wasted apple juice about 3x over the weekend and although I told him to get it up with a wet towel, DH complained last night about sticking to the floor. So, the place is a disaster pretty much. I did help her out by spraying the shower and putting comet in it. I hate cleaning!

Jan- how good for DS to surprise you. He seems to be doing good and holding his own. Makes me think there's hope for my DS. If he can make it through all of these AP classes, we'll all be taking a sigh of relief. That is so cute how GD eats apples. I wonder why that is? Kids are just their own little people with their own little minds I guess. She really is a cutie and not to beat a dead horse, she really is lucky to have you and DH.

Lisa- I bet you looked fantastic in your hoochie momma top! As always, you're working hard! I watched Desperate HW last night. It was good, different though. Glad it's back on, now I have something to relax me before bedtime on Sunday evenings.

Cindy- I thought about you in the shower this morning and was going to round up Lisa and Jan to come and find you if we hadn't heard from you. Sorry about your computer but I knew there had to be a reason.

Well got to get to work...will check in later
Unread 09-29-2008, 10:15 AM

good morning... well YDS left yesterday. I am still waiting to hear whether or not they are going to keep him. Recruiter said yesterday they might delay his leaving as he has a few abrasions that they might be concerned about... I have only cried a little... when I read your post Jan I cried a little more... That was so sweet!

Grateful as always you make me LMAO! my ODS is open with me... sometimes way too open.. ya sometimes it is TMI!!!! But YDS is not. At that age I probably would have made DH check it!! boring weekends can be nice too!

Lisa I saw someone doing cards at rite aid the other day and thought of you. That truly shows maturity that your DS made that observation and gave chinchilla to brother... My Yds left his gecko in his sisters hands ...will put jeannie and her family in my prayers

Cindy hope you get your part for the computer quicker than the washer.. Glad all is well you sound busy as ever.

Quickscrapper hope DD's party went great and you got some rest before having to go back to work today..

Michelle hope you had a good weekend!

Aloha Sunbelle! Glad to here you are doing great and have a lovely vacation... I think of sukipup often... especially when I cook eggplant..

Well I am going to busy my self with cleaning until I find out for sure my boy is flying out... hope everyone has a good day!
Unread 09-29-2008, 12:25 PM

Good morning ladies,

Our weekend was nice. Friday night dd and I went to pick up her dress. I tried some on there and I didn't like the way they fit. We then went across to the mall and looked around. The one store we went to said that the holiday (dressy) stuff comes in next month...so I'll go back in a couple of weeks. We grabbed dinner at the food court...chinese.

Saturday we were busy getting ready for dh's bday celebration. It turned out nice. It was just the immediate family. Dd and I baked 2 cakes..yellow cake with chocolate frosting...good!!! Yesterday we did get to relazx and catch up on some of our shows we had recorded. We just went out late afternoon because dd brought up Halloween and wanting to dress up. I told her I wasn't going to spend a lot of money. So she going to be a ladybug. We found some wings red with black dots, a red tshirt & black shorts...so she is set...yeah!!!

Mrswillie - your weekend sounded nice...weather and all!! glad to head YDD is better....I have been in her situation several times with oversleeping. I hate when that happens to me. That was a nice surpise visit from your DS. My dd still eat some fruits without the peeling.

Gratfeul - glad you had a good time at the awards dinner. How horrible for you co-worker...and that is a pretty routine procedure. I could sure use a massage.

Lisa - prayers going out to Jeannie and her family. I know this weather is crazy...we've had hot weather since last week....high 90's even into the 100's. I thought summer was supposed to be over...LOL.

Hyper - good to hear from you. Hope your computer gets fixed sooner. You are busy. Take care.

Sas - do you know where you DS will be sent?

Well ladies have a great day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register