2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 272 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-15-2008, 12:45 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Today I worked at Target and went and met dh for lunch. We went to a burger joint and ate way too much. DH is not enjoying his new store. Since he doesn't do well with change, he is having a hard time adjusting. I keep telling him that each day it will get better. He did say that today was better than yesterday. I told him that tomorrow will be better than today.

After work I came home and got the yards done for the week. I had to weedeat which I usually only do every 3 weeks. It really needed to be done. Then I mowed and got the garbage cans out to the curb.

My tooth is not feeling good today at all. It is so sore. I can't even eat on that side now. I'm sure it will ease up after a few days. I missed a dose of ibuprofen today because I was at work for so long. Tomorrow I'm taking it with me.

Grateful I'm sorry your still not feeling well. I think a referral to a Neurologist is a good idea. Hopefully it's an easy fix for you. My birthday is next week, also. I hope your dh doesn't send your present back. Be really nice the next week LOL...I cannot believe those people didn't realize their poor dog wasn't in the car any longer. Some people shouldn't have kids or pets.

Jan thanks for sending the pictures of dd. They turned out very nice. I remember the agony of choosing with my boys. It's hard when so many turn out so good. I hope you had a good day today.

Cindy I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Rest and take care of yourself. Moms can't be sick. It's the unwritten rule.

I know I had mentioned my ex SIL Mom a couple weeks ago. It's not good. Please keep them in your prayers. Her time left is short now. It's amazing how fast things can change.

I hope everyone had a relaxing evening. I need to get off of here and head to bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2008, 06:48 AM

Hi all,

I'm still not feeling back to normal. I did get to rest yesterday. LDS is so good about letting me rest when I'm sick. I'm supposed to go to dinner and a movie with a friend of mine tonight. I'll see how I'm feeling later. The kid's are off of school tomorrow and Friday. It is MEA, a statewide teacher's convention. It will be nice to have them home. I'd better go, I have to wake everyone up soon.

Grateful, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well, hopefully the neurologist will give you some answers. Yes, do be good, at least until you get your birthday gift. That was horrible about the poor dog. I hope they found him, although they don't deserve him.

Lisa I'm sorry DH is having a hard time adjusting to his new store. I'm sure he will in time. I hope your tooth will be feeling better soon. I will pray for ex SIL Mom.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 10-15-2008, 09:08 PM

Hi Ladies,

All is well here. Things of course are busy at work. It seems like it is always busy. Kids are really needy these days.

GD went with Dumb A tonight. When she got home I don't know what the heck he did with her but she reeked. I swear she smelled like a wild animal. I popped her in the tub immediately and threw her clothes down into the basement. The only place she told me she went was Walmart and mcDonalds. I am not sure what made that smell, but I hope she doesn't come home like that again. After her bath she asked me for a cookie. I took her to give her an animal cracker but she said no that wasn't what she wanted. So I thought maybe she wanted a rice krispy treat because she likes those. Well as I was getting her one she tells me that the last time I gave her one of these it got thrown into the road. I realize that I gave her one last time Dumb A picked her up. She was eating it when he arrived and I let her take it with her. So I said to her Oh did you throw it out in Daddy's truck and she says no Daddy took it from me and threw it out the window on the road and said you don't need that. We already knew he was a jerk, but stuff like this always confirms it. I bet it was just because I gave it to her instead of him giving it to her. That poor kid she is really behind the eight ball with her 2 goofed up parents.

Lisa I hope your tooth calms down soon. I sure would not miss another dose of the medicine. Your advice to DH was good. One day at a time it will get better. It is a job he is good at so he is bound to get in the swing of it.

Grateful a neurologist is probably a good idea. keep us posted. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get the gift!

Cindy I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. I am glad you will be able to sleep in and hang out with the kids tomorrow.

Thank you for the nice comments on YDD. She does look younger than her age, but I agree that is not a bad thing. She used to hate it when people said that when she was younger but now she is so used to it she doesn't get upset about it at all.

Well I am going to pick clothes out for tomorrow and hit the sack.

Sleep well!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2008, 12:54 AM

I knew that on Monday morning when my week was starting off on the wrong foot, I should have just crawled back in bed and pulled the covers over my head for the rest of the week. I found out today that our rental had a shooting in it around midnight last night. One guy was airlifted out and the other (the renter) was grazed by a bullet in his side. They are not cooperating with police and are insisting they didn't know who it was that shot them. I found out today when I went to do one of my stores. The renter works at that store and everyone was talking about it. When they told me I said that is our house it happened in. No one even called to let us know what was going on. When dh got home from work I told him what had happened and he called over there. The renter is sticking with his story that they don't know who did it. Give me a break. They are all lying and now we have quite a mess to deal with. DH told him he thinks it's time for them to find another place to live. He said they are moving. I just hope they will leave and not force us to evict them. From the stories I was hearing at the store things inside the house are pretty bad. I'm sure we'll have to replace the carpeting because of blood and there are bullet holes in the walls. The renter said he will take care of the damages, but I don't have much faith in him right now. It's a good thing they did the appraisal on Monday instead of today. I can just hear me telling them not to mind the blood stained carpeting and the bullet holes in the walls.

I guess other than the above, today was a nice day. My tooth is feeling a little better this afternoon.

Tomorrow will be a loooong day. I have a revision at my Target that will take all day. I have another merchandiser helping me with it. I will be there from 8-4. The preschool called today and asked if I could work tomorrow later afternoon until closing. The director has to be at a function downtown tomorrow evening, so there is no one to close up at 6:30 when the last of the kids go home. She asked if I could work from 4:30-6:30. I will go straight from Target to the preschool.

Cindy I'm sorry your not feeling 100% yet. Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow

Jan I think we need to knock dumb a upside his head with a rice crispy treat. Even though she wasn't blessed with the best parents, she does have one of the best Grandmas I know She's a lucky little girl.

I'm off to bed and hopefully a good nights sleep. I'm going to need it to get through tomorrow.
Unread 10-16-2008, 09:42 AM

Good morning ladies,

I started feeling much better yesterday, so I did go out for dinner and a movie with my friend. We went to a mexican restaurant. The food was good. We were having such a good time talking I think the waitress thought we would never leave! We saw "nights in rodanthe" It was o.k. It had a sad ending, and several of the ladies in the theatre were crying including my friend. It was nice to have an evening out alone. I did get to sleep in this morning! It was so nice. LDS is the only one up right now. The other two are still sleeping! It was 38 degrees this morning and it's a whopping 41 right now. We are going to stay in and have a relaxing day. I have to run get some bread for lunch so I think I'll stop and get a movie for us to watch. DH and DS are going to slots tonight. DH is bring LDS tonight since he can sleep in tomorrow. They usually get home late. LDS is so excited.

Jan that's awful that dumb a would do that. Shows his immaturity. I agree with Lisa, she may not have the best parents, but she sure got lucky to have you for her grandma.

Lisa what a horrible thing to have happened. That goodness they're moving. You sure do have a busy day today. I hope you will be able to relax tonight!

Have a great day ladies!
Unread 10-16-2008, 05:01 PM

Hi Ladies,

Long day. The health teacher and I did a peer mediator training. It was fun but it was busy. After school I had a parent meeting that went about an hour and fifteen minutes. I am tired, GD is tried, and so is YDD. I ma boiling some pasta to go with my leftover sauce and then it will be relaxing with tv. I think it will be an early to bed night for all of us.

Lisa how awful about your rental! I can't even imagine where to start with that. Since it is a crime scene do you have to get clearance from the PD before you can even go in for a look? Will you have professionals come in for the work or will you guys tackle it? I vote for the professionals, but I know my DH would say we could handle it. I am glad your tooth is feeling better. Keep up with those meds. You are a good lady. I might have been tempted to say no to the preschool. I hope the day passes quickly for you.

Cindy I am glad you are feeling better. Your evening out and your day today sound nice. I could go for Mexican...
I am glad you warned me about the movie. That looked like a good movie on the commercials, but I do not like sad endings so I probably will skip it. What did you end up renting today?

Well I need to get to dinner. Have a great evening!!
Unread 10-16-2008, 10:06 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a good day. I rented two movies. The kids all wanted to see speed racer, so we watched that together today. It was an o.k. movie, but way too long. BDS and DD really liked it, but it was too long to hold LDS interest. He mostly watched the racing scenes. The boys all went to slots and dd and I watched the other movie. Nothing out recently, it was callled "the retrievers". It was a cute movie, about this family with golden retrievers, but there was one sad part where one of the puppies gets ran over by a tractor. They don't show it or anything. My poor dd was tearing up, I had no idea or I wouldn't have rented it. It just hasn't been my luck for movies. LDS was so thrilled to be going with dad and big brother tonight. Before he left he gave dd a big hug and got a little teary eyed and told her he would miss her and that made her teary eyed. My kids are pretty close. Don't get me wrong they argue and whatnot like all siblings. Anyhow when he got in the car he was all smiles and waving goodbye and dd was excited about having a mommy daughter night. So all was well. Tomorrow me and the kids are going on the Friday errands. Target, lunch and grocery shopping. The two older ones are excited because it will be like the "old times" of summer. lol I'm feeling a little bad again this evening. I just can't totally shake whatever this is. Hopefully I'll feel good in the morning. I'm heading to bed.

Jan hang in there, tomorrow's Friday! I hope you've had some relaxing t.v time tonight. Nights on rodanthe isn't not a movie I'd suggest. Everyone has there own taste, so alot of people might like it. It was very slow moving, and somewhat morbid.

Sleep well ladies.
Unread 10-16-2008, 11:39 PM

I survived my day today We got my revision completed at Target and I had fun at the preschool. I am a little tired tonight, but nothing a good nights sleep won't take care of. I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday.

This dang tooth just is not cooperating with me. It felt really good this afternoon at lunch time. I even chewed on that side and there was no problem. This evening it started in again. I sure hope it just needs some time to settle down and isn't going to need further treatment. Between the crown and the root canal it has cost $1,750.00 ($400 out of my pocket). I am almost maxed out on the insurance this year just with one tooth.

We didn't hear any more about our rental today. The only thing I learned today was from reading the newpaper article about it. I guess the guy that got shot was a neighbor that was over there. The shooters came in through the backyard and knocked on the back door. I guess they thought it was someone they knew since they were at the back door. The house has been released from the police investigation. We are going to wait until the renters are out before going in. As far as clean up, we will do the work ourselves. We will have to have someone install new carpet, but other than that dh will do the work.

Cindy I'm glad you got to sleep in this morning. I can't wait to do that on Saturday. Your ladies night out sounds like fun. I bet your lds was on top of the world being included with the big guys.

Jan it sounds like you had a busy day also. I hope you had some time to relax this evening.

I'm off to watch some TV and do some relaxing.
Unread 10-17-2008, 08:57 AM

Good morning all

Tho boys got back around 11:00. LDS had been sleeping in the car, but when he walked in he still had a cute smile and told me he had fun and that he got to race. I took him up to bed and of course DD was still up waiting for him. So he had to tell her all about his night. They got to sleep so late. I'm going to let them sleep. We'll go run the errands after they wake up. I don't have to worry about being back at a certain time, since the kids aren't in school. You know, I've just been feeling achy and fluish, but this morning I finally have a full blown cold. Sneezing, runny nose, sinus pressure. Hopefully now it will run it's course and I'll be done with this. Sometime this weekend we're going to go get some pumpkins. We won't carve them until a couple days before halloween. Secretly, I hate carving pumpkins. I don't like walking around on halloween night trick or treating. I guess you could say I don't like Halloween. (Don't tell my kids. ) I got out of all of that last year because of the hyster. I'd better hop in the shower.

Lisa I'm glad you made it through your day yesterday. When are the renters supposed to be out? I Would tell them asap. Hopefully it won't be too much work for dh. I'm sorry that tooth is still bothering you.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 10-17-2008, 05:42 PM

Evening ladies!

Took off yesterday and today for fall break with DS, didn't know he wouldn't want to hang out! Yesterday I took him to get some new jeans and then i needed some from another store as well and he had such an attitude about it. I looked at him and said you need to change your attitude and he said you should've had a daughter! LOL. I wanted to smack him but it was a good come-back.

Lisa- that is terrible about your renters. Yeah, they would have to go pronto. I hope it's not too much of a mess when you get over there. Sorry that dang tooth is giving you the fits still. Keep popping the advil though! I hope DH is adjusting better to his new digs. That can be really tough. Did you get to see your little boyfriend at the school?

Jan- Dumb a is really living up to his name. On a regular basis no less. He's the one needing to be tossed out the window. Agree with Lisa, GD is lucky to have you and DH. I really admire you.

Cindy- Lisa is right, mom can't be sick, so hope you get to feeling better. Sometimes it's our bodies way of saying we need rest, so get you some and then you'll bounce back stronger.

Well DH begged me (literally) to make a lasanga tonight and I've been telling him on the phone that I was too tired from shopping all day LOL so he doesn't think I made it but I did. So, he's on his way. I'm going to make us some Italian sodas and put a little vodka in mine! LOL
TTYL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register