2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 274 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-20-2008, 08:27 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi All,

I am sleepy so this will be a quick hello. I got in most of what I had planned. I had to skip my workout. YDD called me at school to tell me that she needed me to go to the store and pick up some supplies for a homework project she has to turn in tomorrow. So I went to the store during workout time. She is now doing the assignment and i am going to head off to bed. GD was a very good girl today which was a big help.

Happy Birthday Lisa!! Enjoy your wonderful pie and don't worry about the calories until after your birthday. We only go around once we better enjoy it!

I am off to hit the electric blanket. Sleep well ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2008, 12:30 PM

Hi ladies,

Boy it was cold this morning. I broke down and kicked on the heat for a little while to warm up the house. LDS had a dentist appt this morning. It was a good check-up, no cavities. BDS told me he wasn't feeling great this morning, but he didn't say he wanted to stay home, so I sent him to school. I'm hoping he was just tired and not coming down with something. DD has her girl pioneer meeting tonight. They are having it tonight because their having a guest speaker and she wasn't available on our regular meeting night. I'm making spaghetti for supper. I never did get upstairs this weekend to do cleaning. Really the whole house needs cleaning. The next two days are pretty quiet on the schedule, so I'm hoping to do some cleaning. It all depends on how much LDS will be willing to occupy himself. He's good about letting me do routine cleaning, but I need to do some deep cleaning. We'll see.

Jan you sure did have a busy day yesterday, I hope today will be a more quiet one for you. It's nice that GD was good yesterday since it was so busy. She's such a cutie, I just can't picture her not being good. But I know how those toddler stages are!

Lisa I can't believe you'll be having 90 degrees at this time of the year. If this keeps up you'll never have a chance to wear your thermals! I like you're afternoon of relaxing, of eating, talking and enjoying the weather. Sounds wonderful. I have the opposite with my DH and vacation. He will rarely take even a day off. I'd love to share that pie with you! It sounds so yummy.

I hope you are all having a nice day.
Unread 10-21-2008, 12:46 PM

Hello ladies,

I just finished scanning through the posts to see what had been happening since I last posted. Work has been busy!!

Today I'm headed off to the dentist after work for my 6 month check up and cleaning. Then off to the gym. I made lemon pepper chicken breasts last night with some rice for tonight's dinner. We'll probably add some steamed veggies.

Tomorrow is parent conference night at dd's school. She did really well for the first 6 weeks of high school....she got all A's and B's. I told her way to go. On Thursday I'm taking the day off for 3 doctor appts that I have. One of the appts is with the neurologist...finally....I'll have some answers.

Grateful - hope the blood work and appt with the neurologist reveal why you are getting these headaches. That was awful about the poor dog.

Lisa - hope you tooth is feeling much better now. Hope you enjoyed your bday celebration!! I hope too that the renters leave on their own before you have to evict them.

Michelle - glad you are continuing your therapy....hang in there!! WE are rooting for you. Congrats to ds...awesome.

Hyper - glad all is going well and busy with the kids. Hope you and dh enjoyed your time alone.

Well got to run....have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2008, 09:30 PM

I worked this morning and then took the rest of the day off. DH was helping our next door neighbor in her yard. He installed some pavers on the side of her house and I helped her spread some bark in a planting area that he had put in for her a few weeks ago. On Saturday we are going with her to get some plants and then we'll help her get them planted. They took us out to dinner tonight to show their appreciation. We had a yummy dinner and enjoyed relaxing with them. Her dh has the early stages of Alzheimers and can hardly walk because of a back injury. She really appreciates any help she can get.

Tomorrow I need to pick up my work pace since I didn't do very much today. The rest of the week is looking busy with work for me.

Today was in the mid 80's and tomorrow closer to 90. I am missing my thermals. I loved it a couple weeks ago when I got to wear them for a couple of days

Jan I hope you had an easier day today.

Cindy congrats to you lds on no cavities. I loved when my boys would have a good check up. They both have only had one cavity each. They are lucky. I hope your bds isn't coming down with something. It's hard to imagine you're turning on your heat and I might have to turn my AC back on here.

Scrapper it sounds like your dd is doing very well in high school. Congrats to her. Good luck with your appts on Thursday. I hope you get some answers.

Grateful I hope you are doing better. I have been thinking of you. I hope you're still being a good girl for that birthday present. Only a couple more days

I'm going to go and have another piece of my pie. Cindy I wish I could share a piece with you. Then I'm going to put my jammies on and watch some TV before I fall asleep.
Unread 10-22-2008, 05:58 AM

Good morning

I went to bed early last night and I actually feel rested this morning. I'm still planning on cleaning today. It's supposed to rain all day, so it will be a good day for it. Noone has anywhere to be tonight, so I get a night to not have to run back and forth. DD has a social studies test tomorrow so I'll help her study for that. BDS was feeling better when I picked him up from school. I haven't decided what I'll make for supper tonight. I'd better start waking everyone up.

Scrapper your DD is doing well in school. That's great, she has earned it with her hard work. Our parent teacher conferences are the first week in Nov. We have power point this year. I can go online and check the kids grades to date. I hope you get some answers at your appt. Thurs. Let us know.

Lisa that was nice of you and DH to help your neighbor. Your dinner with them sounds nice. I was strong this morning and resisted turning on the heat. It's just so cold in the house in the mornings.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 10-22-2008, 03:16 PM

Hi all,

It's been raining all day. It felt like the dead of winter when I picked up dd from school. It was 41, but it sure felt much colder than that. BDS was sick when I woke him up this morning, so he stayed home. I was able to get the whole downstairs cleaned today. BDS rested in his room. LDS was such a good boy. He entertained himself all day. I'm hoping to get to the upstairs tomorrow. My kitchen is so clean I don't want to cook. I have some leftover spaghetti that I'll warm up. For some reason I have a craving for a baked potato, so I think that's what I'll have. I got the basketball schedule today. DD wants to play as well this year. If I let her, between her and BDS's practices and games, her dance and pioneers, I might as well just move my things to the van and just live there till the season is over! lol I don't know if I'm going to let dd play. She's already in dance and pioneers. She has alot of homework this year and I don't want her to get overwhelmed. DH is no help. He says let her play! I've got until November to decide. Even thought they don't start playing games until December, practice starts in November. BDS has a huge history project. His teacher just emailed us with all of the deadlines. Luckily it's broken down into parts, so everything isn't due at once. Sometimes I feel like my head is constantly spinning trying to keep up with everthing. I was writing the BB schedule on the calendar, and for a couple days, there was literally no more room to write anything. O.K. enough ranting from me! The kids and I are getting a flu shot on Monday. Our school fall festival is on Sunday afternoon. The PTO committee runs it, so I will have to help set up, work a booth and help break down and clean up. They have decided to have it outside on the school grounds this year. I'm not excited about that, it's too cold for me. Lisa, I need to borrow your thermals! Well, I'd better get going.

I hope you are all having a good day

P.S. I just found out today that my grocery delivery service that is actually up and running as of today has decided not to deliver in my area any longer. Boo Hoo!! I was so disappointed.
Unread 10-23-2008, 12:02 AM

It's nearly 11PM and I'm still up and functioning. I wanted to check in with my girls before turning in for the night.

Today was a busy day at work. I did 3 stores and the rest of the week will be busy also. I can't wait for the weekend. I am going to have to work next weekend to get the Halloween down and Christmas up at all my stores. It is mandatory that I work on the 3rd at Target and my grocery stores are having the owner do his annual store walk through on the 4th, so I will spend the 1st and 2nd doing my grocery accounts. One good thing is I had my yearly evaluation a couple weeks ago and did very well on it. I will be getting my raise starting with this Fridays check. That will be a nice bonus

Cindy it sounds like you will be living in your van for the season. Congrats on getting your downstairs so clean today. I wish I could say the same about my house. If I was having your weather I would probably have 2 pairs of thermals on. We are going to be in the 80's through the weekend. I'm never going to enjoy my thermals. I hope your ods feels better tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm taking my van in to have the oil changed and the power steering system flushed out. I will use dh truck for the day. I needed to get it done while he is still on vacation. It was so much easier when he still worked here in town. Now I feel like I have to plan things more carefully. Hopefully they won't find anything else that needs to be done to it.

Jan I hope everything is okay your way. It's not like you to not check in for a couple of days. Let us know when you can.

Well I'm off to bed now. I'm sure everyone else is snoozing good by now
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:41 AM

Hi ladies,

Last night I was sore and tired from all the cleaning. DD and I studied for her SS test. She knew every answer so she should ace it. BDS is still home sick today. I'm hoping he'll be better to go back tomorrow. I did my upstairs cleaning this morning. I wasn't as thorough as downstairs, but it's clean enough for me. I have stew in the crockpot for supper. DH will probably go to slots tonight. BDS will be disappointed he won't be able to go, but I don't think he feels like it anyway. LDS and I have to run up to the store and get a few things. I plan on spending some time with him this afternoon before we pick up dd. He's been so patient with me cleaning the last couple days.

Lisa Your work has been really busy. Congrats on the raise. It's nice you can get that work done on your van while dh is home.

Jan hope all is well your way.

Have a good day.
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:50 PM

Today was another busy day with work. I'm so glad that tomorrow is Friday and then 2 days off

I took my van in and $268 I have it back. They said the transmission fluid was really dirty, so dh told them to go ahead and flush that out too. They said the cooling system needs to be flushed also, but that will wait for next time.

Cindy it sounds like you have been a woman on a mission with your cleaning. I wish I had your drive right now. It seems as the week has gone on, my house is getting more and more out of control. It's hard with dh home all day, because he doesn't really pick up after himself.

Jan I'm getting worried about you. It's not like you not to check in. I hope everything is doing okay with you and your family.

It is almost 10:00 here and I still have all the windows open. It was in the mid 80's today. Fall, where are you???????

I'm going to go watch some TV and then hit the sack.
Unread 10-24-2008, 04:13 PM

Hi sisters.
Lisa, I'll bet this is a busy time of year for you.....Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and finally Christmas and Hanakah (sp?)
Congrats on the raise, by the way.

Cindy, we probably have similar weather patterns. I'm next to the Canadian border just about. It's been in the 40's and 50's here. My gloves, scarves and jackets are out and my high heeled black leather boots are what everyone's wearing. Not too much rain, luckily, as I'm like a cat in the rain...I hate it.
I'm thinking of living in my van too. Basketball, guitar, school, work, appts, blah blah blah. At least I keep good cd's in there for listening.
I've had the week off work, but busy w/appts for my back injury in Aug. It's still in knots and very painful. I'm tired of hurting. I"ve got to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow, so i"m getting a massage in about 20 minutes. A whole hour for only $35 dollars. And she's a licensed therapist. Can't pass it up.
The spouse is getting happier and more like himself. The depression was a result of the hospital administration demoting him for terrible reasons. I"m just glad to get him back. He's a good guy and a hard, honest employee.
Hope Jan is doing well. I check in here every few, so that's why I don't post a whole lot. I still think of you all every day and hope all is well in your lives. Gotta scoot, Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register