2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 276 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-27-2008, 10:08 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies,

DD is home sick today. No hot lunch for me or dance tonight. I can't say I mind not having to run around. I spent the morning getting the downstairs tidied up, vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor. I'm getting ready to go upstairs and do the same. I'm making crockpot steak and gravy, mashed potatoes and some kind of vegetable for supper. It's very cold again. We're only going to be in the 30's again today. I hope it warms up some for Halloween night. I'm starting my exercise class tomorrow night, so I'll have to run out tonight and get a set of hand weights. I wish I would have remembered to get them when I ran my errands last week. I'd better get back to cleaning before I lose my motivation.

Lisa I'm glad you got a day to stay in yesterday. As busy as you are, you deserve that. I hope you find some time to relax tonight, after your busy day today.

Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2008, 06:40 PM

Hi Sisters,

Well still playing catch up here. I had ha;f a day of meetings today, so I have not yet caught up at work. I grocery shopped after work. I am so glad ODD took GD out for dinner so I could unpack the groceries and warm up some dinner for myself without interruption. It is cold and snowing here today. Same scenario as Cindy nothing is sticking but nevertheless it is wintry. I have to unload and load the dishwasher. By then GD should be home. Hopefully her bedtime will go smoothly and then I can relax for the hour before bed. I hope I get caught up by this weekend, but we'll see.

Cindy I am sorry DD is sick, but I know what you mean about getting to stay home for the day. That sounded pretty good. Oh you are making my favorite tonight.

Lisa that really irritates me when I expect one show and they put something else on! I hope your long day went ok today. I hope you can relax tonight.

Well I better get back to my kitchen. Have a great evening!
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:46 PM

What a day! What a week it's going to be also. Today my boss called me while I was at the other store and asked if I could work at another store (45 minutes away) on Thursday. It's a new Dollar Tree store and he needs a couple more merchandisers to help out. I said I would do it. One of my coworkers from here is going also, so we can ride together. I had originally planned on taking Thursday off since I'll have to work this weekend. I don't know when I'll get a day off. Probably not until a week from Wednesday. Oh well, the paycheck will be nice

Cindy you have been on a roll with your cleaning. I know that not much will be getting done around here for a while. Just enough to get by. Sorry your dd is sick now. Hope she is doing better tomorrow.

Jan it's good that you got some time alone tonight to get your groceries put away and have some dinner. I went grocery shopping early this morning before leaving for work. I am so glad, because I did not feel like doing it after work tonight. I hope you get some time to relax before you go to bed.

It was another warm day here. It sounds like Cindy and Jan could use some thermals. I think when things slow down next week, I'm going to go thermal shopping. I just have my plain colored ones and I want some that are cuter. I was looking at the ones I have yesterday while putting clothes away and they are just too boring. I need to liven up that part of my wardrobe some I also need to lose a few pounds, because right now my jeans are a little on the snug side and when I put those under my jeans it might be a really snug fit.

I need to go and get my kitchen cleaned up and do doggy duty. After that I'm putting my jammies on. I don't think I'll make it much past that. It's going to be lights out early around here tonight. DH is already out laying on the couch and every now and then I hear a loud snore come out and then he wakes himself up LOL...And he wonders why I can't sleep with him.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2008, 06:08 AM

Good morning ladies

It looks like I'm not the only one who didn't make it here yesterday. I had my annual checkup yesterday. I've put on 5 pounds. I have to go back next Tuesday and have a lipid panel and redo my urinalysis. My urinalysis came back with a trace of blood. She told me not to worry, most of the time it is caused from an infection. She told me to drink lots of water. I had my first excercise class last night. We do excercises using hand weights and we do abdominal crunches. I am sore today! DD went back to school yesterday. Today after school the kids and I are getting flu shots.

Lisa you're having a busy week at work. I should be wearing thermals. It's only been in the 20's the past couple of mornings.

Jan I'm glad you were able to have some time alone to do your shopping and put your groceries away the other day. You must be busy at work as well.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 10-29-2008, 08:25 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was a very busy day. When I finally got home from work, getting a haircut, picking up GD and running some errands for YDD my DH was in a crabby mood so it made for a long evening. I am hoping after a good nights sleep hw wakes up more like his usual self.

Cindy I bet it is probably a bladder infection. I have had quite a few of those. If you are not having pain or pressure hopefully you have caught i early. They will put you on some antibiotics, increase your fluids and it should go away. Your exercise class sounds great. By the time you have completed the sessions I bet those five pounds will be gone. I am glad DD is better. I am keeping my fingers crossed it passes LDS.

Well I have phone calls to make and kids to see so I better get going. Have a great day!
Unread 10-29-2008, 03:51 PM

Hi ladies,

I've been busy trying to get things done at home and at work before my surgery. My last day at worlk will be on Nov. 7th. On the 10th I have my pre op and registration at the hospital. Then I go in on the 12th.

At home I'm cleaning and getting things in order. Getting the spare room ready as that is where I will be staying when I get home from the hospital. At work I'm going through my things to see what I need to finish. I'm also training my co-worker on some of my duties such as payroll.

Thanks to you all for the good wishes. I'm looking forward to being pain free after my surgery. I will be in the hospital for 3 nights. The first couple of weeks will be tough according to the surgeon. I won't be able to do anything. Not sure what other restrictions I will be facing....I'll kow once I'm discharged.

The weekend was very productive. I found my dress for dd's bday celebration...it is a blue silver color and I'll wear a winter white wrap. I got all the invites organized and ready to mail, labels typed...now just need to proof them.

Tonight we have dd's 2nd fitting for her dress. If all is well, we bring it home. Three weeks before the event we take it back to be pressed.

Hope everyone is doing well. Wow some of you are having snow already and we are still having hot weather - 90's. Starting tomorrow it is supposed to start cooling off. We will see.

Back to work - just wanted to post before another day passed. Take care.
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:16 PM

Hi All,

Well work was busy and ran long. I did not get to see GD before she went to her dads. Dh picked her up for me. He is back to his self after his sleep in. We went out to eat mexican and we stuffed ourselves! It was so good. Dh went to help his dad and I went to Walmart and looked at patterns to make a costume for YDD in the play. She is so tiny that they don't have anything old fashioned at the HS that fits her right. I found 2 I like. Tonight when she gets home from poms I want to measure her and then tomorrow take her over and let her pick out the pattern and some calico.

Scrapper I will miss hearing from you when you go in the hospital. I pray you get the results you wish and are soon pain free! I imagine those first weeks will be difficult. I know your wonderful family, especially DD, will be a great help to you. We will be waiting patiently to hear from you that all is well whenever you can get on to post. You dress for DD's party sounds beautiful. When is the date for the party? It sounds like you have things just about ready that it could be any time now. You sure do have alot to look forward to. I am excited to hear all about it.

Well I have some chores to get at before bed.

Have a great evening!
Unread 10-29-2008, 10:01 PM

Today was another warm day here. They are saying by the weekend we could be getting a lot of rain and temps in the 60's. We sure do need the rain. If it does really cool off then I can drag the thermals back out. Yippee

Today I did 2 of my stores. In between them I stopped and had lunch with dh. We went to Qdoba. It was really yummy. I had a shredded beef taco with all the fixings and dh had a huge burrito. It is very near his new store, so we just walked over there.

Tomorrow is the day I will be out of town working all day. I am catching up on the laundry right now. Two more loads for the dryer and I'm done for the evening.

Cindy I hope it's just a simple bladder infection. I hear you about the weight gain. I used to be able to eat anything and not worry about my weight. Now I am really having to watch what I eat. Yesterday I was snacking on baby carrots. I'm glad you dd was feeling well enough to go back to school today. Hopefully lds will escape it.

Jan I'm glad your dh is back to his old self again. It's hard when they're not having a good day. Good luck with dd costume.

Scrapper it sounds like you are getting all organized for your surgery. The first couple weeks will be hard, but then you will start feeling better and be glad that you did it. Your dress sounds really pretty.

I need to go and do doggie duty and then finish the laundry up and hit the sack. Tomorrow is a long day.

Have a great evening
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:55 AM

Good morning ladies

I'm tired this morning. I would love to crawl back in bed and pull up the covers. I have to run a few errands in town today. I'm going to stop and get pumpkins to carve with the kids after school. I'm making lemon and dill chicken for supper. We had our flu shots after school yesterday. It went well. We all have a little soreness in the injection site. Our computer has been acting up again. I hope it doesn't go out again. As BDS son puts it, our computer is a dinosaur! He would like for us to get a new computer with a flat screen moniter. Well I'd better get the kids up.

Jan Thanks for the advice. It made me feel better. I'm glad DH is back to himself. My DH has days when I'd like to just send him back to work! Good luck with DD's costume. I wish I could sew. The most I can do is a button. My mom used to sew when I was little and made several of my outfits.

Scrapper it sounds like things are falling into place for DD's party and for you surgery. Your dress sounds nice. The color sounds really pretty. I wll also miss hearing from you while you're recovering. You're in my prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Lisa it's nice that you can have lunch with DH. That's a nice break to your day. I hope everything goes well with your out of town work today.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Thursday, Hi sisters!

I'm having a tough week, really struggling w/the e.d.
I found a book last night that I'd wanted for a long time. I was able to take 2 newer hardback books in for store credit. I'm sort of addicted to buying books. I just love books. The book I bought is a daily devotional called Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I hope it will help me fight my anorexia battle.
My sons started basketball last night. I love being able to sit inside to watch. The game is very fast and exciting as well. My 12 yr old got new sneakers in a men's size 8. We bought him fb cleats in August that are size 7. Hope his body is preparing him for some height, as I am very petite. Dh is 5'10, so my kids may be height challened. Oh well.
My 4 pound Yorkie is handling the cold weather much better than my Jack Russel ever did. She seems to not mind it, though I don't let her stay out for long time periods. Living in the Northwest, we are in the 30's and 40's lately. No snow flurries seen thus far.

Jan: I hope you take photos to share when you finish the costume. I quilt and hem things, make uniform tops, etc but i've never made anything like a costume. How fun is that?

Cindy: good for you to start an exercise class in the Fall. You will love the way it makes you feel. I want to start taking Yoga and Pilates again. I have the membership, I just stopped using it when the weather got nice in June. I don't think I will get a flu shot this year. I've avoided it for at least 3 years and haven't got the flu yet. My dh got one. Ouch!

Lisa: I'm sorry you are working so much. It's hard on the whole family when the mom is busy. i hope your family can pitch in to help around the house. I wanted to share w/you that I bought silk thermals when I moved to ID, and I'll never go back to cotton. They are silky, thin, and easy to wear underneath jeans. I absolutely LOVE them. They will keep you as warm as the thicker cotton. I have a QDoba here in CDA, ID and love it. We don't have a lot of fast food places like CA does, but we have QD. Our store was completely remodeled this summer. They set a tent up in the parking lot that served as kitchen and dining. Can you believe it? I need to get in there and check it out.

Quickscrapper: I lived in Hacienda Heights once as a child. Small world. I'm sorry you are needing another big surgery. I hope all goes well for you. You sound like a busy lady. It's hard for us busy ones to stay down isn't it? I hope last year's surgery has given you some good ideas for coping w/this next one. Good luck, sweetie.

I cherish each one of you sisters who come here faithfully. I'm sorry I can't devote more time and consistency here. I'm just doing the best I can. Thankyou for your acceptance and support when I do make it over to this site. Love you all, M

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register