2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 278 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-02-2008, 06:32 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

For those of you that I have email addresses for I sent you some photos.

We had a good day. I am almost done with the laundry. I made swiss steak for dinner. I am now ready to put on my jammies and relax in front of the tv. I usually watch army wives and tonight is the season finale.

I too am eating way too much candy. That stuff can't be finished fast enough, because it is really hard to resist.

Cindy your BDS is a real trooper! I hope it doesn't take him very long and he gets all caught up. I envy you getting to sleep in tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2008, 08:25 PM

Hi girls...I survived today Only 4 more days until I get to relax The next 4 days won't be near as bad as the past 3 have been. I now have all my Christmas cards up at my stores and I am officially sick of Christmas already.

Tonight for dinner we had cheese quesadillas. I need to go to the grocery store and pickins were pretty slim around here. I'll head to the store tomorrow after I get done with my last store.

We are getting rain again this evening. I can hear it on the road as the cars are going by. We need the rain so bad, so it's nice we are finally getting some.

I am going to go and get the kitchen cleaned up. Then doggie duty for the evening. After that I'm going to bed. I hope everyone has a restful sleep.
Unread 11-04-2008, 06:52 AM

Hi Ladies,

This is a busy week with the play this weekend. I was so tired last night that I was sound asleep by 9pm. I think the time change had something to do with that. Today after work I have to go with YDD to a play fitting which I hope will end around 5. After that I will vote. Then I have to go home and get dinner ready. I have not had time to work out and I can feel in my clothes that I am undoing the small bit of progress I made. I hope things will get better next week!

Cindy thanks for the photo your kids looked great!! BDS has the vampire look down. DD wore my favorite costume. I was a witch many times. I always wanted to dress as that. I love the pretty witch costumes they have these days. When I was a kid they were always the old crone type of witch costumes. I would have chosen the pretty witch one for sure. I was a big Bewitched fan when I was a kid, LOL.

Lisa I am glad the worst is behind you. I went to WalMart on Sunday with YDD and they were already playing Christmas Carols. It is no wonder people get sick of Christmas before it gets here. Hang in there the rest of the week will pass quickly now.

Well I need to get to work.

Have a great day ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2008, 08:29 AM

Hi ladies,

I guess I didn't even post yesterday. It was another nice day, so I took the little ones to the park. BDS was done with school at 12:30, so he did get to enjoy most of the day. DD had dance last night. I made breakfast for supper. This morning I went and did my urinalysis and lipid panel. I should get the results pretty quickly. Then I stopped and voted. I'm making either spaghetti or chili for supper, I haven't decided which. Tonight is my exercise class. DH is taking DD to see her church friend at the rehabilition center tonight. LDS is waiting for me to play with him, so I'd better get moving.

Lisa 4 more days! I hope they go by fast. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here since you've got the bulk of it done. Yes, I too am already seeing Christmas everywhere in the stores and actually a few people in town already have their decorations out.

Jan a busy week for you. The time change is always hard on me too. I have been so tired. Bewitched was one of my favs too. I catch a rerun every now and then.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 11-04-2008, 09:11 PM

I'm just popping on real quick to see what everyone was up to today. I had a shorter day at work today

Jan it sounds like you're having a very busy week. Hopefully next week you can resume your normal schedule. Thanks for the pictures. GD looked so cute in her costume. I just love her hair color. She is a cutie

Cindy I hope your results come back quickly and normal. It sounds like you had a nice day off with the kids yesterday. Thanks for your picture. Your kids looked so cute in their costumes. I guess bds probably wouldn't want to be called cute though. He looked like the perfect vampire.

Today inbetween stores I came home and picked up dh and Andrew and we all went and voted. We got there around 10:30 and didn't have to wait in line. I guess we chose a good time to go. Andrew had to be at work at 11 and he made it with plenty of time to spare.

After I was done with work today I got my grocery shopping done. I made chili tonight. It was cooler out today, so a good chili night.

Since the weather cooled down I wore my thermals today under my jeans. I had to run to a co-workers store today to pick up a sign from her and we were talking and I told her I had my thermals on and she started cracking up. She said I would never make it living up North. I told her I definitely need a warmer climate to live in.

I'm off to do doggie duty and then I'm going to bed. The past week I have been waking up a lot during the night. I wish I could get a good nights rest and stay asleep all night. Hopefully tonight is the night
Unread 11-05-2008, 02:35 PM

Hi girls

Today has been pretty low key. I cleaned the downstairs this morning, then played with LDS. Last night I went to my exercise class. I really like it and feel good when I leave. I've been doing the routine at home. My urine culture came back normal. That was a relief. Tonight I'm making pork chops. I'm going to go to the food network website and see if I can find a good recipe. Tonight is the only night this week that I don't have anything to do or anyone to take somewhere. I'm planning on a quiet relaxing evening.

Lisa we have two things in common. I made chili last night as well and I've also been waking up alot during the night this week. I haven't felt rested at all this week. I hope it gets better for us. You made me smile with your thermals.

Jan hope your day isn't too busy.

Have a good evening ladies.
Unread 11-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Hi ladies,

You all must be busy. It rained all day today so we stayed in. Tonight is our Sunbeams meeting. This week has been going fast for me, I think because the kids were home on Monday. Tomorrow LDS and I will go run the weekly errands. We are supposed to get snow this weekend. I'm not ready for that yet. I'm just going to have a whatever night for supper since DD and I will have to leave early for our meetings.

Jan and Lisa I hope work isn't too busy and your both finding some time to relax.

Have a good evening.
Unread 11-06-2008, 07:44 PM

Hi ladies,

I am sorry my posting has been erratic this week. This is a busy week! Last night I was busy with YDD's costume prep. Her costumes are all ready and she is at dress rehearsal tonight. Today I had to go to a workshop. I got out an hour later than usual. I picked up GD, came home and made ravioli for dinner, and then packed up GD and went to the grocery store. We are having a Veteran's day breakfast and assembly tomorrow morning at school for community members. We all have to make a breakfast casserole. So I had to buy the stuff, come home assemble the casserole to put in the fridge to bake in the morning, change GD and put her to bed and then clean up. Needless to say I am pretty tired by now. Tomorrow I have to be at school a bit early and then tomorrow night I have to go to the play. Saturday I will clean and then that evening is the play again. I plan to do the laundry Sunday. I am hoping next week will be more relaxing!

My SIL called me tonight. We are the same age, 2 weeks apart actually. She said she went to the Gyne today. She has had a few abnormal paps (dysplasia). Today for the first time her doctor mentioned the possibility of a partial hyster. She is very concerned, and is not sure she wants the surgery. They have tried a few procedures including I believe ablation, but nothing has changed. She had to have some bloodwork and then she is supposed to go back on the 22nd with her husband to talk about what to do next. I gave her some questions to ask, but I was just wondering what all you ladies would advise her to ask. My situation was not exactly the same as hers since I had the never ending bleeding and the changing/cancer cells. I had to do the surgery and I had to do a total abdominal. She should have the option of vaginal I would think, but that is one of the questions I told her to ask. Did you all have hysteroscopies? I did. She has not had that, only the in office biopsy. I had both more than once. Well any advice you could give I would appreciate.

Lisa I am surprised that you are not sleeping with how busy you have been. I would be totally wiped out. Maybe it is the time change? Or maybe you are actually overtired? I guess maybe hormonal stuff too. Whatever the case I hope it goes away and you can get a good's night's rest tonight.I know you mentioned it has gotten colder by you. Are you too cold at night? I know I can't sleep if I am too hot or too cold. I need a happy medium. Just a tip from up north If you are a little too cold adding a pair of socks sometimes does the trick just perfect. Not too warm, or too bulky, just right.

Cindy your quiet day yesterday sounded so wonderful! I am so glad you are enjoying your exercise class that much. A friend I ran into at the workshop today asked me if I dropped out from the rec center because she has not seen me in a few weeks. This crazy schedule is throwing everything off. I hope I can get back on track soon! I do agree that this week is going really fast.

Well I am beat. I think it is jammie time. I wish you all a wonderful night's sleep.
Unread 11-06-2008, 08:59 PM

Good evening all.

I wanted to start out by asking for prayers and good thoughts tonight for my SIL Mom. My niece called a while ago and said that she is not doing well and the whole family is on their way to see her. I know that Hospice is very good at knowing when the end is very near. I am sure she will not make it through the night This has been such a hard month for their family. One minute you think you're fine and then the next your world falls apart. They are a very close knit family and I know this is going to be very hard on all of them.

I have one more day of work and then I get a day off I will have to catch up around here this weekend, but other than the everyday stuff I don't plan on doing much.

Cindy I'm glad your culture came back normal. It sounds like you are in for some cold weather. We are actually going to warm back up into the 70's starting tomorrow. Guess I'll have to put the thermals back in the drawer. I feel like this week has flown by also. I am just so happy that tomorrow is Friday.

Jan you have had a very busy week and it sounds like a busy weekend coming up for you. I hope that next week things slow down some for you. I don't really have any advice for your SIL. It sounds like with the dysplasia she would have to have her cervix removed. Hopefully a LAVH would be an option for her. I was able to keep my cervix. I did have a hysteroscopy done in 04 before my right ovary was removed. It showed that I had adenomyosis in my uterus among other things. When I needed to have my left ovary removed in 07, I was the one that asked if it was a good idea to remove my uterus at the same time since I had suffered with never ending bleeding. My Dr. agreed and thats how I ended up with my hysterectomy. Still one of the best decisions I made. As far as the sleeping and being cold, I don't think that is the problem. I have the heater turned up in the waterbed and then I have 2 down comforters on top of me. I also wear socks and sweats to bed (sometimes even thermals I did sleep better on Wednesday night and then last night it was on and off again. Who knows?

Well I better go and get the kitchen cleaned up. I made stew for dinner tonight and it was really yummy. I hope everyone has a restful evening.
Unread 11-07-2008, 05:19 AM

Good morning ladies

When I woke up this morning I looked out the window and there is snow on the trees and grass and my van. I was hoping it was a dream, but not such luck. Our meeting went well last night. The girl pioneers and sunbeams went to a senior citizens facitlity in town. They made a craft with the residents and sang a few hymns. After I run my errand today, I have to come home and bake. Our pioneers bake sale starts tomorrow and our items have to be in by 7:00 tonight. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I'm just making two quick bread loaves. One banana bread and one pumpkin bread and 2 dozens cookies. DH and I have parent teacher conferences tonight.

Jan sounds like you're going to have a busy weekend also. I hope it slows down for you next week. Back in 1990 I had some abnormal paps and displasia. First they did the cryotherapy where they froze my cervix. When that didn't work they scheduled me for a cone biopsy. It is where they remove the core of the cervix. It was an outpatient surgery and a short recovery. It was successful, no more abnormal paps. I didn't start my bleeding problems that led to the hyster until after LDS was born.

Lisa I will pray for your SIL's mother and her family. My dad passed from the same thing 8 years ago. I'm so glad your work time is almost done and you get to have your day off. I hope you find time to relax and enjoy it.

I'd better hop in the shower. Have a good day ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register