2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 279 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:48 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

I made it I get my day off tomorrow. After working 12 days straight, I am more than ready for some down time. Next week will be busy as well, but not as bad as the past 2 have been. I have a complete department revision at my smallest store on Wednesday. That will be an all day job, but other than that I hope to not work any other full days next week.

The weather here today was really nice. It got into the low 70's, but once the sun goes down it cools off real fast. They are saying mid 60's for the weekend.

I talked to my nephew this morning and he said things with his Grandma are not good. He plans on going and spending the weekend with her after he gets off of work tonight. They don't have much hope that she will make it much longer. I just hope she has a peaceful passing.

Cindy I'm sorry that your Dad passed away from the same thing. I bet the senior citizens loved having the Sunbeams spend time with them. I can't believe you got some snow.

I was so mad earlier tonight when I was doing my laundry. I had on one of my favorite black shirts and I know I should have changed before I added my bleach. It was a new bottle and full, so when I poured it into the dispenser some splashed onto my shirt. I could kick myself when I do something like that. I learned my lesson tonight. Next time I add the bleach I will have on an old junky shirt.

Tonight for dinner I heated up some stew we had leftover from last night. I think it's better the second time around.

Tomorrow I need to do some grocery shopping and then I plan on staying in for the rest of the weekend. I may work in the yards some. Other than that I plan on relaxing

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2008, 07:40 AM

Hi Ladies,

The play was great!! YDD really was fantastic. It was a long day but well worth it. We have alot of family coming to town to watch tonight so it will be another busy night. I hope it goes as well as it did last night.

I am still feeling tired but GD insited we get up and eat breakfast and there was no chance to sleep in. She is begging to watch spongebob a show I thoroughly hate so I ahve to find some way to distract her from that.

Thank you for the advice for my SIL. I have added to the list the question about what CIN level she is at and about performing a cone or a leep before they jump to hyst. I will let you know how it all pans out but you know with docotrs it may take awhile.

Lisa I think you must be enjoying your day off today, YAY!!!! Sorry about your shirt. I have learned that lesson the hard way myself. I hope your SIL and her family are doing ok. I hope you are sleeping better.

Cindy we had snow yesterday too, but it didn't last it has melted and it is gone now. I hope we don't get more for awhile. I think your Sunbeam metting was wonderful. I hope you had fun baking. I like the things you made. I would have bought a loaf!

Well I have to shower, get the house cleaned up, and go out to run some errands before tonight. I don't feel like doing it because it is cold, and I have to drag GD with me, but tomorrow I will be able to stay in and do laundry, oh joy, lol.

Have a great day!!
Unread 11-08-2008, 05:51 PM

Hi ladies,

I thought I'd pop on and see what you've been up to. I didn't run my errands yesterday. It was just too snowy and cold. I did my baking for the bake sale instead. Our conferences went well. The kids are doing well, BDS is struggling a bit with keeping up on his work. Today DH went to race slot cars, BDS stayed home to do schoolwork, and me and the other two went to run the errands. It was so cold today. I was wishing for thermals when I was loading groceries into the van. Luckily DH was home when we got home, and he unloaded everything for me. Tomorrow the 3rd/4th grades parents are in charge of coffee hour, so that would be me. I was all baked out, so I just bought something to put on the table. BDS sings in 10:30 church, so I will be at church pretty much all morning. I'm going to relax the rest of the evening.

Lisa I hope you have enjoyed your day off. Are you off tomorrow as well? I envy your weather. We won't see those temp anymore for quite some time. I have had many laundry disasters. It's especially disappointing when it's a favorite piece of clothing.

Jan sounds like we always have about the same weather. I'm glad the play went well and hope everything goes great tonight. I hope your errands went smoothly.

Have a good evening everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2008, 11:13 PM

It was so nice to have a day off today I tried really hard to sleep in, but it just wasn't meant to be. The house that is 3 doors down from us has been vacant for close to a year. It was a bank repo. I guess someone has finally bought it and today they decided they needed to jack hammer out some of the carport. That started around 7AM. Then as I was finally getting used to that noise and falling back to sleep some ding dong came to the neighbors across the street on a motorcycle that was so loud it was setting off car alarms and shaking the windows. Starting to fall back asleep and he decides to leave. Then when things calmed down again I was falling back asleep and the street sweeper came by and I just gave up and got up at that point. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow morning. Once I got up I started cleaning like a mad woman. I got a lot of cleaning done and the house is starting to come back together again.

This afternoon we went next door to help our neighbor with her yard some more. DH cut down 2 bushes and her and I cut them up and got them put in the garbage cans. We planted a couple more plants she had and on Tuesday when DH is off we are going to go and get a pick up load of bark and get it finished up for her. She is very grateful for all the help.

I didn't get my grocery shopping done today. There's always tomorrow. Tonight dh and I went to Applebee's for dinner. I had the Santa Fe Chicken salad and a strawberry cheescake shooter for dessert. YUMMY!!!

Jan I'm glad the play went well last night and I hope it went even better tonight. I hope you get to relax some tomorrow and get caught up on your laundry.

Cindy I don't know how you can be in that weather without thermals on. I would be a popsicle if I had to live there. Anything cooler than 70 around here and on the thermals go I'm glad you got good news at your conferences.

It started raining this evening. It is supposed to clear up by morning. Tomorrow on my agenda will be getting the grocery shopping done and then finishing up around the house. I should have an easy week at work coming up. I checked my hours for this week and they gave me only 8 hours total for all the stores for the week. With the revision I have on Wednesday I will come in around 16 hours for the whole week

Well I'm going to go and lay in bed and watch some TV. I'm sure I won't make to very long before I konk out. I hope everyone has a good sleep tonight.
Unread 11-09-2008, 07:58 AM

Hi Ladies,

I so did not want to get up this morning! Last night YDD was wonderful again. She really had that role down. She was so happy when she got her big surprise when DS showed up. She had Aunts and Uncles Grandparents and DS and his girlfriend.
We all came home after and GD was still awake! She was sitting on the babysitter's lap singing away! The sitter had no luck getting her to bed. I put her down and prayed she would really sleep in today because I was getting to bed late too. Well she did sleep until 8, but I did not feel like getting up even at 8, LOL.
After this post I am going to shower to help wake up and then I need to start the laundry. Did I mention that DH got a call that the windows he ordered for the downstairs are in and they are going to start installing them tomorrow? So today we have to move the furniture in 3 rooms and take down the curtains. How much more can we cram into one weekend, LOL.

Lisa it is too early for thermals here. I am not kidding when I tell you that most folks here have not even brought out the winter coats yet. It was sleeting and about mid to low 30's last night when the play started and most people had a sweater or a windbreaker on over a sweater or sweatshirt. I have an old blue hooded windbreaker that I got many years ago at Northern Reflections. My DD's hate that coat because it is so old and out of style according to them. I wore that and usually break out my winter jacket when I absolutely have to. It won't be too long now. GD has been bundled for a few eeks now, this is mostly teens and adults I meant. I am sorry you could not sleep in. Are you sleeping better? Wow you were really busy on your day off. I hope with your lighter week you have some relax time, maybe today.

Cindy you have been busy as well. Your coffe hour sounds yummy this morning. I found myself yearning for swedish flop again thinking about your church hour. I think it is because we ate that alot on Sunday when I was a kid. I have been trying not to eat so many sweets, but I think I may have some flop on my birthday. I know it is not traditional to have coffee cake for a birthday cake, but it is one of my favorites. Do you find in your area that it takes alot of folks awhile before they start dressing in really warm gear? Maybe it is just an IL/IA thing? I seem to remember it being like that at my brother's place in WI too. I remember when he would go out deer hunting, and that was this time of year he would wear a flannel shirt, sometimes a quilted flannel, and a vest. Well either way it will be too cold soon and we will be wearing 3 layers most days.

Well I had better get moving. Have a wonderful day. You all deserve it!!
Unread 11-09-2008, 10:11 AM

Hi ladies,

The morning got off to a bad start. I woke up at 10:00! Everyone was sleeping when I got up. Needless to say I missed coffee hour and we missed church and BDS was supposed to sing. I forgot to switch my alarm on when I went to bed. I feel so bad about it! We're going to go out today and get winter gear for the kids. DD needs snowpants and boots and gloves, LDS needs boots and BDS needs boots and gloves. Luckily noone needs a new coat this year, except me. I've been wearing the same winter coat for the last 5 years. I keep saying every year I'm going to get a new coat, but then I end up not doing it. I won't get one today for sure, it's going to be enough money getting the kid's taken care of. We'll probably either do lunch or supper out. I vote for supper then I won't have to cook. I haven't even taken a shower yet, I'd better go do that.

Lisa I'm glad you enjoyed your day off. It's so nice that you help your neighbor. I'm sure they do appreciate it. I'm sorry you weren't able to sleep in yesterday. It's so aggravating when there's so much noise so early. Hopefully you go to sleep in today.

Jan I'm glad the play went well. What a nice surprise for DD that her brother could be there. Did you know he was coming? It's the same here with how people dress. Yesterday me and kids were in our winter coats and the kids had their hats on. Most people had on sweatshirts or light jackets. I even saw one lady with flip flops on. As soon as spring hits, and it's only 50's, people will be wearing either shorts and sweatshirts or tanks and jeans.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 11-09-2008, 08:50 PM

Hi Ladies,

I hope you all have had a nice day. I finished all the laundry and we have moved all the furniture. Things are really a wreck on the main floor. Hopefully it won't be like this for more than 2 days, but we shall see.

I amde ham and bean soup in the crockpot today. DS was here for dinner with us. Cindy it was a wonderful surprise for YDD. DS did call and tell DH, so I did know. I hope you were able to get all the winter items you needed for the kids. We had more snow today, but luckily again it did not stick around.

Gd is going to be a bear in the morning. She is in bed but still awake. I rocked her a bit ago and almost fell asleep myself. I don't know how she is still so awake! I hope she goes to sleep soon because I need to hit the sack.

Sleep well ladies.
Unread 11-10-2008, 07:09 PM

Hi All,

You ladies must be busy today. It is cold and I think GD is getting sick. The window guys got half done with the inside today. I am confident they will finish inside tomorrow and then hopefully finish up the outside trim. We grilled steak for dinner and just warmed up some veggies. The long weekend is starting to catch up. I have a long week ahead with a gyne appt Wed and p/t conferences Thursday and Friday. I think I am going to head to bed early tonight.

Well I hope you are all doing well and have a great evening.
Unread 11-10-2008, 08:11 PM

Hi ladies,

I haven't been feeling good today. Sort of just blah. I don't know if I'm coming down with something. I cleaned up the downstairs this morning. After that I played a little with LDS and then I kept nodding off all day. DD had dance tonight. She had a ton of homework to finish before dance, so that was stressful. I made chicken pot pie for supper. DH is at a school board meeting. I think I'll be heading off to bed.

Jan I hope GD isn't getting sick. Both of your dinners sounded good. I love bean and ham soup and grilled steak. I hope they will be finished with the windows soon, so you can get things back in order. You have another busy week ahead of you.

Lisa I hope you enjoyed your time off and work isn't too busy for you.

Scrapper I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers as your surgery approaches.

sleep well everyone.
Unread 11-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Hi all

I ended up working more than I planned on today. Tomorrow I only plan on working until noon. We are going to help my neighbor finish off her yard tomorrow afternoon. I went with her today after I got done with work to pick up the rest of the plants. DH is off tomorrow and Wednesday. He will be busy tomorrow, but hopefully able to rest some on Wednesday. He is supposed to meet the renter over at the rental at 10 in the morning. I have a feeling the renter won't show. He is going with a camera to get pictures of all the damage. I'm sure we will end up in court with the tenant to try and recover repair costs. Never a dull moment around here.

Cindy I'm sorry you missed church on Sunday. You must have needed the rest though. I hope your not coming down with something.

Jan I hope by the weekend you will be able to relax some. I hope your gd isn't getting sick. It will be so nice for you when the window guys are finished up and your rooms are back in order. It is always nice to have work done, but a pain when everything is out of order. We had new windows put in our house about 6 years ago. I love the dual pane windows. They make the house so much warmer.

I need to go do doggie duty for the evening and then I'm going to watch TV and hopefully fall asleep early tonight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register