2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 282 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-17-2008, 08:30 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was for the most part a nice day. I finished my laundry and DH and I spent the day together in the tv room in front of the fire. He was watching football and I was reading a novel. YDD was in and out. She has been in a particularly good mood lately. I think she must be appreciating the new found free time after all the time practicing the play. ODD stopped by before work and she brought GD one of her special salads she makes that GD loves.

The only fly in the ointment was when Dumb A brought GD home. He walks in and says she is a crab and that she didn't really want to sleep this weekend. Crab was putting it mildly. She was a raving crazy baby she was so exhausted. I ended up going upstairs and making a warm bath. DH and I put her in and we bathed her and then let her relax and calm down a bit. Then after she was powdered and in her favorite sponge bob jammies she ate some angel hair pasta I made and some of her Mom's salad. DH cleaned her dishes up while I rocked her in the rocking chair. Then I put her to bed. 1 1/2 earlier than her normal bedtime! She slept straight through until I woke her for school this morning. She seemed to be in a better mood this morning and she ate a big bowl of cereal with orange juice. As soon as her teacher saw her this morning walk in with her head on my shoulder she said "uh oh she was with her Dad this weekend huh?" That guy #$%%^&&!! Well as ODD said yesterday at least she will have a little time to get back on her schedule this week.

It is so hot in this office! It is in the 30's outside here so I have a turtleneck on but it is 82 in this office because of the old boiler in this building. I am so hot. It's just impossible to dress comfortably in this building in the winter.

Cindy it sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Big day for LDS. Writing the note was a great idea. I hope he enjoyed his surprise this morning. I feel so bad for your friend with kids with whooping cough! That must be awful. I hope they recover quickly. Crockpot roast sounds good. I hope DD has a wonderful day showing off her new earrings.

Lisa I am glad the biggest part of the cleaning is done. You were brave to tackle all that. I would have been alot more whiny than you, lol. A 3 day weekend sounds wonderful and you deserve it. That is too bad about the concert. Something must be up. Sometimes when those singers get sick a sore throat can do them in. She might be recovering from something like that. I hope whatever it is isn't serious.

Well I better get to work. Have a great day ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2008, 09:55 PM

I ended up sleeping in this morning. DH left for work at 6:30 and asked me if I was getting up and said in a few minutes. I guess I fell back asleep and when I woke up it was 9:00. I must have been more tired than I thought I was. I did 2 stores today and then stopped by the grocery store on the way home and made it home by 4:30. It was nice not having to leave the house after that.

Another day of heat here. Yesterday was 82 and it was at least that today. We broke an all time record for the high yesterday and probably for todays temp also. I'm not sure when I'll be able to wear those thermals again.

Jan I'm sorry that gd was so grumpy yesterday. They need a set schedule everyday and it's too bad that DA can't see that. I hope by this evening she is back to her old self again. It sounds like you had a relaxing day yesterday. You're sitting in front of your fire and we're ready to turn our AC back on. Crazy.

Cindy I'm sure your dd had a blast showing off her earrings today at school. Congrats to your lds on having his first visit from the tooth fairy. I always enjoyed those toothless smiles. Especially when they lost the top two.

I need to go do my regular routine of the kitchen and doggie duty. I need to push Belles shot back a little tonight since I was late with her morning shot. Then I plan on watching some TV in bed and I know that won't last long. I'm hoping for another good nights sleep.

I hope everyone sleeps well tonight.
Unread 11-18-2008, 08:49 AM

Good morning ladies

DH was here when I took the kids to school, so I got to leave LDS sleeping. He's still asleep, so I think I'll do a little cleaning before he wakes up. Not much going on today. We have to go to the library after school. For DD's book report this month she has to read a biography and do a report on it. She isn't sure who she wants to do the report about. We'll look and see what the library has and she can decide. DH has a business dinner tonight, so I'll probably do something simple for supper for us.

Jan I'm sorry about the incident with DA. Those little ones need their schedule. That's really a hard part about a child going on visitation. Especially when that person isn't willing to keep them on a schedule close to what they have at home. But I think you and DH handled it well.

Lisa you must have need the extra sleep. That is incredible that you are still having such warm weather. Is that usual for this time of year? I'm thinking not, I seem to remember last year at this time you were already wearing your thermals.

I'd better get a little cleaning done. I hope you all have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2008, 12:05 PM

Hello ladies,

I'm home from the hospital. I was released last night.

All went well with my surgery. I ended up spending 6 days in. I'm moving slowly but moving. I have to wear a brace when I'm up and moving. I'll be having physical therapy here at home. I'm feeling pretty good.

Will check in when I can.
Unread 11-18-2008, 05:26 PM

Hello ladies. okay I am alive, sorry I've been gone for so long. I'll have to check back in tonight or tomorrow. things have been CRAZY, will have to tell you about it. I just wanted you to know I am fine...
Unread 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM

Hi Ladies,

Apretty good day around here. Work went well. GD is in a fairly decent mood. DH came home from work and is in a pretty good mood too. YDD is out reading to k-1 students for the pto. We had leftovers for dinner. Last night we went grocerys hopping after dinner. YDD pushed GD and I pushed the grocery cart. We rushed so we could have gd in bed on time. After we got her settled we put everything away. It was a hassle at the time but it has worked out well and I am glad it is done.

Scrapper I sure was glad to hear you are doing well! I hope the worst is over and it is smooth sailing from here. We look forward to hearing from you when you are up and around.

Grateful I am glad you are ok keep us posted.

Cindy I hope your DD finds something interesting at the library. I used to like writing those kinds of reports when I was her age.

Lisa you were beat. I am glad that you could sleep in a bit like that and not ruin your schedule. Your weather sounds beautiful. I know your not crazy about thermal weather so I hope it stays like this for you.

Well it is cold here and my DH is lighting a fire. So I am off to enjoy it.

Have a great evening.
Unread 11-19-2008, 06:12 AM

good morning all,

Yesterday was pretty quiet. I had to take BDS back again to have his glasses adjusted after school. They got bent a little at the lock-in. Since DH was gone the kids and I watched t.v. and relaxed. I'm supposed to go over to my friends today after I drop the kids at school. We tried to this for the last three weeks. Every time, somone was sick, and it didn't work out. We are meeting with BDS' teacher tonight. He is having some difficulty in math and staying current. We're going to talk about some ideas to help him. It's really cold this morning. I still have my jammies and warm fluffy robe on. I dread getting in the shower.

Jan it sounds like your day and evening went well yesterday. I always dread going to the grocery store, but am glad I did it when it's over.

Scrapper I am so happy to hear from you and am glad that you are home and doing well. Take good care of yourself and keep us updated on your progress whenever you're able

Grateful glad to know you're still here. Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 11-20-2008, 12:50 AM

What a day...This morning in between stores Andrew and I ran to Target for a few things. As we were leaving to head towards the main road, I noticed the car ahead of me had their back up lights on and was backing up from the road. I stopped far back and they had their left turn signal on and had to back up because a city bus and other cars were coming down the main road. Once the bus and one car passed the driver turns to the right in front of the next car. Andrew and I both looked at each other and said why in the heck did they do that? There was one car in front of me and then the crazy car and then the bus. The bus pulled over to the side to let off passengers and the crazy car follows it. Once the bus stopped the car swerved back into the lane and almost hit the car in front of me. Then we were coming up to a red light and she went over the line and stopped into the intersection. She then turned right when the light turned green. I was going the same direction as her, but I stayed back because of the way she was driving. I was going to call the PD and report the erratic driving. We were then approaching a very busy intersection and the light for us was red with a line of about 8 cars already ahead of us. We were going 35 and she was getting closer and closer to the stopped cars and wasn't even putting on her brakes. I was screaming STOP, STOP and she ran right into the back of the last car. She then tried to leave the scene. I got on my cell and called PD and gave them her license plate number. She wasn't able to get around the car she had hit luckily. I was in the lane next to her but staying back so she couldn't hit my car. I turned on my emergency flashers to stop the traffic in back of me in case she got lose again. Right at that time a police officer came on scene and was able to get her keys. He told her to stand on one corner and the girl she hit on the other corner. I went around the corner and parked and then Andrew and I went and told the officer about her erratic driving. He told us to stay until he could get the cars moved and get our information. I went over to the girl she hit and she was crying and I put my arms around her to try and calm her down. She was in her early 20's and very upset about her car. I kept telling her that her car would be able to be fixed. I then asked if she was hurt and she said that she was in an accident before and had a bad back because of it. She said her back was hurting her now. I stayed with her trying to calm her down until the officer came back over. He said the lady wasn't making any sense and didn't realize what she had just done. He had an ambulance on the way to check her out. Once the ambulance got there they were talking to her and I saw them do a finger prick glucose check on her. The officer then got our information and told us we were free to go. As we were leaving they were bringing the gurney out for the lady. I don't know if she had a medical condition or she just shouldn't have been driving. I hope after this that they take her license away from her. She is lucky that she didn't kill someone. I hope the girl will be okay. I told her that she needed to go and get checked out once they had the accident sorted out. She told me she would.

Our weather was beautiful again today. Yesterday it was 82 and today only 76. It is going to be in the mid 60's now for at least the next 7 days. We really need some rain here. This is very unusual weather for us. Cindy you're right that last year I was in my thermals at this time

Jan I'm sure you enjoyed your fire last night. I dread doing my grocery shopping also, but am glad once I've gone and got it all put away.

Cindy I hope you and your friend had a nice visit this morning. Math was my worst subject so I can understand how your bds feels. I hope the teacher was able to give you some suggestions tonight to help him.

Scrapper it was good to hear from you. I hope you keep improving and feeling better every day.

Grateful I thought we were going to have to round up the possie and come find you. Only one problem with that. You're the one with the GPS. Check back in when you can.

It's late here and I need to get to bed. One more day of work and then a three day weekend for me

I hope everyone has a good sleep tonight
Unread 11-20-2008, 12:00 PM

Good morning ladies,

Im doing pretty well this morning. My walked was delivered yesterday so I have some extra support when I'm up and walking around.

Today is the first day I"m home alone. Dh had to go back to work today. So this morning I got up when they were having breakfast so I could eat at that time. The things I need for lunch are on the kitchen counter for me. So I should be good.

In the living room set up a chair from the dining room by a card table we havet set up....seems to work the best for me as the couch and recliner are too low.

Yesterday updated my organizer with doctor appts, etc. We will see what I feel like today. I have books, magazines and puzzle books all stacked up in my room.

Well off for a walk down the hall and back to my room Have a great day.
Unread 11-20-2008, 08:55 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm just now getting a chance to check in. Our meeting with BDS's teacher went really well. We've come up with good strategy to help his stay current and with math. We had lemon chicken over rice and mixed veggies for supper last night. Today was pretty quiet. LDS was in a mellow mood, maybe not feeling 100%. He wanted to watch movies all day. I did a little cleaning and laundry this morning then I sat with him until it was time to pick up the kids. I spent 45 minutes combing out DD's hair tonight after her shower. She has really long her, almost to her waist. She's not good at keeping it combed. It was so tangled. I want her to get it cut, but she loves it long. I told her she has to start brushing it every morning and every evening if she wants to keep it long. DH and BDS went to slots tonight. We had breakfast for supper. The kids only have a half day of school tomorrow. After I pick them up we'll go have lunch and run the weekly errands. I forgot to tell you all I didn't get to go to my friends house AGAIN. There has been a couple of cases of whooping cough going around in our school. She babysits for our 1/2 grade teacher's kids who somehow contracted it. They had been on antibiotics for 5 days, and had just came back to her house, but I didn't want to take the chance anyway. That's three weeks in a row we haven't gotten to visit because someone has been sick. I think I'm going to head to bed and get a little extra sleep.

Lisa that was just an awful situation. She must have had some medical condition or been on drugs. I wonder what caused her to be so dangerous behind the wheel. She definitely should not have been driving. That was really nice of you to stay with the other gal. I am so jealous of your weather I'm almost tempted to tell DH, let's move to California!

Scrapper it's great to hear from you. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well. You seem to have alot to keep you occupied on your first day home alone. I hope your day went well. Update us when you can.

Jan you must be busy. I hope everything is o.k. on your end.

Sleep well all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register