2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 284 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-26-2008, 08:19 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday I got the house cleaned. I did everthing but the kid's rooms. That's what doors are for right? Even though it's just us on Thanksgiving I wanted the house in shape. Then I took a shower and went to pick up the kids. I made chili for supper. After that I had a meeting with my friend about our January pioneer meeting. Our theme is festival of foods. We are splitting the girls in groups each with a parent and each group is going to make a simple food item from different countries. There was alot to figure out so we decided we should meet now because it get so busy for everyone in December. I didn't get home until 10:30. The kids are home today and still sleeping! I slept until 8:30 which felt good. I'm going down the the apple farm today to get my pies. They make all types of pies. The consensus here is pumpkin pie, which if fine with me, because I love it on Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving!

Jan you have been busy. How nice to have DS home for the week. You will have two Thanksgiving's. Have a safe trip tomorrow.

Lisa you have been busy as well. It sounds like you will have a houseful. I'm sure it will be an enjoyable day.

Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2008, 08:21 PM

Hi Ladies,

We just got home. Much too long of a ride for a holiday. It was quite a time. GD had an allergic reaction to something. We thought we were going to end up in the ER! We are all beat and heading to bed now to do it all over tomorrow. At least there won't be any driving involved.

I hope you all had a great holiday!! I will have to fill you in on everything later.

Happy Thanksgiving All!! Sleep Well.
Unread 11-28-2008, 07:27 AM

Good morning ladies,

Our Thanksgiving was nice. We watched the Macy's parade in the morning. I had taped "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" for us to watch last night, but I forgot about it. I like the Charlie Brown specials. I think I'm going to go shopping. I looked at the adds yesterday and nothing really popped out at me. Most of the stores opened between 4-5am. No way would I get up that early. But I though maybe I'll find some good deals and get a little Christmas shopping done. DH iis home today, so he can stay with the kids. I haven't decided 100% yet. I'll wait until DH wakes up and see what he thinks.

Jan you'll have to fill us in when you have a chance.

Lisa I hope everything went well yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2008, 08:49 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well yesterday at SIL's house we noticed GD start lifting her shirt and start scratching. The first couple of times we did not think much about it. Then she started sneezing like crazy and started scratching more. Before we knew it she had welts all over her trunk, legs, and face. Her ears were all swollen like she had cauliflower ear. She was crying and uncomfortable and started throwing up. SIL had some liquid benadryl which my DH promptly administerd. In 15 minutes he gave her a second dose because she was still so uncomfortable but she ended up throwing up most of that dose. We took her clothes off washed her down and put her jammies on. Then we laid her on SIL's bed. DH said we should watch her for another 15 minutes and if she did not start improving we would have to take her to the er for an epi injection. Luckily, she did begin to improve. The trunk welts got better and she calmed down. We waited a bit to make sure there was no wheezing and then we started the long trek home. We are not sure what started the reaction. It was one of 2 things. She ate mixed nuts and she spent alot of time on the floor laying on, being licked by, and wrestling with SIL's dogs. One is a big German shepard and the other is an Australian shepard. My MIL thinks it was the nuts. My Dh and DS think it was the dogs. Hard to tell because she has had nuts, and been around dogs many times so it's a toss up. Whatever it was it had all of us a wreck for awhile. I really did not like the idea of driving all that way, home but there wasn't much choice, and it worked out ok. When we put her to bed when we got home everything looked alot better except her ears which were still extremely swollen. This convinced DS it was the dogs because the Aussie shepard had spent a good deal of time licking her ears. Nobody stopped it because GD loved it. She was giggling like crazy. We had no idea she might have a reaction because she has been with our dog and dumb a's dog since she was born and never had a problem. When she woke up this morning the swelling was gone, and she was hungry and ate cereal. She helped me prepare the stuffing for the turkey, and then she took a bath. She is now watching Cinderella. The only signs of yesterday are she has alot of scratches left from all the itching yesterday. We will have to explain it to dumb a otherwise he would probably wonder how she got all scratched up.

My turkey is in the oven. I am going to shower after this post. Then I expect I will pop the rest of my sides in around 1 and we should be eating by 2. My SIL and I don't really cook the same so surprisingly everyone is still pretty pumped for today's meal.

Well I hope you are all having a nice post Thanksgiving shoppping, relaxing, or feasting on leftovers!
Unread 11-28-2008, 10:06 PM

TGIF What a day. I am so glad that I have the weekend off to recover from this week. Next week shouldn't be too busy at work.

We had a nice day yesterday. I got up early and got the turkey in the oven. Later in the morning as I was chopping up some onion for the gravy I cut my finger. I am a dangerous woman with a knife. My Mom had bought us some Cutco knives a couple years ago and I really shouldn't be allowed to use them. I probably should have gone and got a stitch or two. I just keep adding more bandaids over the ones that it is soaking through. Tomorrow I am going to take off this huge mess of bandaids I now have on it and figure out what to do. I know working today didn't help it any. I kept bumping it and then it would start bleeding again. It's not a whole lot of blood, just enough to start oozing through. We ended up with the 4 of us, my inlaws, my mom and stepdad and my brother. My sister was at her inlaws and came over for dessert. It was a relaxing, low key day

Jan how scary about your gd yesterday. I'm glad she is doing better today. You're lucky dh has medical training and took control of the situation. I'm sure your dinner turned out great today.

Cindy I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Did you go out and brave the crowds today? Last night for fun Andrew and I drove by Best Buy and Wal Mart at around 9. Each store had around 40 people already lined up. Crazy!!

After I got done working at Super Target today, I did a little shopping and got a few gifts bought. I think this is the first year in a long time that I have a good start on my shopping.

I need to get off of here. I have to keep correcting mistakes because of my wrapped up finger. I hope everyone has a relaxing evening and sleep well all.
Unread 11-29-2008, 09:45 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well yesterday went well. It felt more like Thanksgiving to me than Thursday did. I have to say I will go back to my SIL if DH wants to again, but I would prefer to stay home like we always have. We'll see what happens next year.

Lisa your holiday sounds like it was very nice. I like the small gatherings. I hope your finger is better. Have you ever tried a butterfly bandage? maybe that would work.

Cindy I have been wondering if you baved the crowds shopping? If so I hope you got some good deals.

I enjoyed sleeping in this morning. Now I am going to do some errands and a bit of laundry today and then when YDD gets off work at 3 we are going to head out for some Christmas shopping. Tomorrow I will have to finish the laundry and make turkey soup. My DH looks so forward to the turkey soup. I think that is his favorite part of the holiday. I can't dissappoint him. DS goes back tomorrow. It has been a nice visit and I know in a short couple of weeks he will be back for a month! I am savoring these visits because I know when he graduates he will move out on his own and probably away from our small town to seek the kind of job he wants. That will be a sad day for Mama. Ok, ok I am back to living in the present and not borrowing worries!

BTW I took a few snapsots of the motley crew yesterday. They are not the best as they were after dinner. I will send a few along. ODD's BF is in them. If you are like my DH you will have to be careful on that one. He looks awful but so far is proving to be very nice. My DS had some car trouble and he is not very mechanical. He called my DH for help. the BF was here and said I can help you. DH said he proved to be a genuine good help and obviously could have fixed the problem himself. So I guess another lesson in not judging a book by it's cover. Oh, I guess Dumb A proves that rule too because he is always clean cut, well groomed etc, but could not be a bigger jerk. Oh well, who knows anymore, LOL!!

Well ladies have a great day!
Unread 11-29-2008, 02:35 PM

Hi ladies,

Our Thanksgiving went well. Dh put the turkey in and I sat at the dining room table and mixed the stuffing ingredients. Later in the day dd helped open up veggies and the cranberry. Everyone arrived around 4:30 and brought some side dishes. So it was a good day.

I looked at the ads for fun as I can't get out to do any shopping. I did quite a bit before my surgery. Yesterday dd and I went through the stuff and the kids are done. We also picked names on both sides of the family so we need to get those done. This year will be different as I'm not able to get out there. So pretty much we are only doing immediate family.

Dd just left a few minutes ago. Her best friend invited her to the movies to go see Twilight. So the family will go and then go out to dinner after. At least she's getting out and not just stuck here at home.

I'm going to go have some lunch and then watch TV and go through some of my magazines. I'm feeling pretty good. I can sit up longer and watch hour long programs.

Have a great day and weekend!!
Unread 11-29-2008, 10:37 PM

I slept in until 9 this morning It sure did feel good. Today was the first day in a long time that I had the house to myself. Everyone else was at work. I really enjoyed the peace and quiet. This afternoon I went shopping and bought myself a new shirt and then hit the grocery store. I shouldn't have to leave the house tomorrow.

My finger is much better today. I took off my mountain of bandaids after my shower today. It was a shriveled up from having the bandaids on it. At first it scared me the way it was all white, but after being exposed to the air it got the coloring back. At first the cut had a gap between the skin, but this evening it seems to be closing back up. I will just be careful for a few days and not open it back up.

This morning we were socked in with fog. The sun came out around 1 and it was a nice afternoon. I spent part of the afternoon out front blowing and raking leaves. When I got home from work yesterday all the neighbors had cleaned up their yards and mine was the worst one on the street. Today I made mine look good again.

Jan I'm glad you had a great feast yesterday. I can't wait to see your pictures. I took some also and will see how they come out. I was having a horrible hair day Thursday. I had just gotten out of the shower before I was cutting that darn onion and had my little accident. My hair dried too far on it's own before I could blow dry it, so I was having a very frizzy day Thursday. If I am presentable, I'll forward them on. I'm glad you have had a nice visit with your ds. I hear you on their moving out and on with their lives. I haven't said anything yet, but Andrew moved out last week. Him and our nephew are renting our rental that we just finished up with. So far I have taken it pretty well. It is really strange for it to be just dh and I in the house. Since we have lived in this house, we have always had the boys with us. A new stage in our lives, I guess. He is still here at least once a day to eat LOL.

Scrapper I'm glad that you are recovering nicely. It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving also. Check back in when you feel up to it.

Cindy I hope you had a nice family day today. Or were you out shopping again????

I need to go and get ready for bed. Tomorrow I plan on relaxing some more and then I should be ready to go again Monday morning for another week. Sleep well, everyone.
Unread 11-30-2008, 09:37 AM

Good morning ladies,

We woke up to snow this morning. Just a few inches, since I'm not going out today that's fine with me. I didn't brave the crowds. I went through all of the ads Thursday night and decided it wasn't worth getting up that early. I did do a little shopping Friday afternoon. Yesterday I went grocery shopping. I didn't buy a huge turkey since it was just us, so the leftovers are gone. Today we are staying in. DD's room is atrocious! We might get up there and get it cleaned. It will probably take all day. I have to decide if I want to spend my last day cleaning that room. I talked to my ODS on Thanksgiving. They found out they are having another boy. He is due in February. The kid's have a week off for spring break in March, so I think we'll go visit then.

Jan thanks for the pictures! They were nice. You weren't in them though. If you're like me, I'm always taking pics so I'm never in them. ODD's boyfriend has a nice friendly smile. He appears to be a nice guy. Of course you can't tell by a picture. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he continues to be a good guy. I know it was nice to have DS home. I understand how you feel about his future and him leaving your town. I really miss my ODS. But, that's a while off, so try not to worry for now.

Lisa I'm sorry you cut your finger. It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. It must be different with you and DH in the house alone. But both your boys are fairly close. Also, it must be nice to have Andrew and your nephew in your rental. You won't have to worry about anything happening like you just went through.

Scrapper it sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. You had alot of help which is good. It seems like you are recovering nicely. That's great to hear. Keep us updated when you can.

Have a nice day everyone.
Unread 11-30-2008, 09:47 AM

Good morning ladies!

Well I woke up to snow. There are a few inches on the ground and it is still snowing. It is supposed to snow again on Tues/Wed, so here we go. Officially winter now in my book, lol.

Yesterday I got quite a bit of shopping done. Not finished yet but good progress. Today I have to get the laundry done, and I amy start some Christmas decorating. I am not brave enough to tackle the whole job but I will do some. That is just like pulling teeth to me, I just don't like the holiday decorating.

Lisa I am glad your finger is ok. It sure did not sound good the other day. I am wimpy when it comes to those things! That is great that Andrew is living with your nephew. I imagine that that is fairly close to your home. Must be if he can come home everyday for dinner. I would like that. If he has to move that is a good place to be. I can imagine it does feel weird with no kids at home, but when you get used to it it may have some advantages. Remind me of that when my ds moves. At least he most likely will only be 2-3 hours away instead of 5 1/2!

Well I have to get a move on here as I am way behind with alot to do today. I hope you all have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register