2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 286 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-04-2008, 09:30 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

I'm popping in to say hello. I'm feeling well. Yesterday when dd got home, I told her that I wanted to take a short walk outside. So around 4:30 we put sweaters on, I got my walker and we walked to the corner and walked 1 block over and back home. It felt good to get outside. I did good on the walk. So I"m hoping we get to do this on a daily basis so that I can build my strength up.

We have had the fog and much cooler weather here. The nights are very chilly...time to pull the blankets outs. The other night we were watching TV and I was sitting on the recliner wrapped in a blanket. Today it looks like the sun is out earlier...feels pretty cool out though.

Lisa - hope your throat feels better and that you are able to get some rest. Hope you got through your pile of mail. Now that I'm home I can go through my mail daily and not let it pile up. Seems with work and all...I tend to let it pile up.

Mrswillie - hope you are hanging in there with your cold and getting some rest.

Dd has choir practice tonight. My goddaughter is going to take her and my best friend is picking her up. So my best friend and I will get to visit tonight...I'm excited....I'm going to have some company.

Have a great day ladies. To those of you that have snow and really cold weather take care and be careful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2008, 05:38 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am starting to feel a bit better. it is sooo cold here right now. My DH told me we are going to be in the negatives for most of the next week. We have been having easy dinners since I have not been feeling 100%. Tonight I made hot dogs in crescent rolls, cheesy potatoes, and green beans. DH is giving GD a bath and YDD is practicing for the madrigal dinner this weekend. DH and I are going to sit on front of the fire while GD plays until bed. I am glad that tomorrow is Friday. This weekend I am not going to shop. Just laundry and my work Christmas party on Saturday night.

Lisa that was a scary story about your in laws and that con man. I could easily see that happening to my in laws. They are overly trusting. I hope your inlaws do not lose anything valuable.

Cindy I hope BDS is ok today. MY YDD has had a hotel party and it was alot of fun. We have an Americinn in our town too! It is a really nice hotel. I hope you have a great time. Hot cocoa and cookies sounds good too.

Scrapper I am so happy that things are going so well for you! Keep up the walking. You will be back to your workouts before we know it. I hope you enjoy your visit with your friend.
Unread 12-04-2008, 07:57 PM

Today I had only planned on working a few hours, but didn't finish up until 6 this evening. Oh well, dh is working until 8, so there wasn't any reason for me to be home early today. Tomorrow I am hoping to be off by 3. We'll see how that goes.

I had planned on grocery shopping this afternoon when I was done, but since I finished up so late, I'll go tomorrow after work. I'm sure I can find something around here to fix for dinner tonight. It's only 6:45, but it seems so late already.

Cindy I hope your bds didn't wake up sick. I hope you wore some thermals tonight. Your evening with the girls sounds like fun.

Scrapper I'm glad you are doing so well in your recovery. Keep up the walking. When my dh had his back surgery that is the only exercise he was allowed to do. We would go for short walks several times a day. Enjoy your visit with your friend tonight.

Jan I can't imagine living in the negative temps. It was only the mid 50's here today and I had my thermals on. I think I would freeze to death if I lived near you. Our weather was a little warmer here today. The sun was trying to come out when I went into my last store this afternoon. I'm not sure if it made it or not. In that store I'm in the back and can't see outside at all. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

I guess I better go and check out our options for dinner. I think I have some stir fry type of stuff in the freezer that I can fix. If not, it could be an interesting meal tonight.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2008, 05:08 AM

Good morning

Our ride last night was fun. But Cold! It was 0, so we shortened the ride to 10 minutes. But the girls loved it! I have to go shopping for DD's present today. BDS did wake up sick yesterday. I'm hoping he'll be well enough to go to school today. I have a crazy busy weekend coming. Tonight DH and I are going to his company Christmas dinner. Tomorrow is DD's hotel party and Sunday we're going to the tree farm to get our Christmas tree. Our weather tends to be similar to Jan's. It's very cold here!

Jan I'm glad you're feeling better. That hot cocoa tasted delicious after being out in the freezing cold. I hope you have fun at your work party tomorrow night.

Lisa My friend let me borrow her snowsuit. It was really warm. I don't even own a pair of thermals! I hope you get out of work early like you're planning.

Scrapper I'm so glad to hear that you are just moving right along with your recovery. I'm glad you're able to take a walk. Have a nice visit with your friend tonight.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:12 AM

Happy Friday ladies,

I had a nice visit with my friend last night. It was so good catching up with her. The last time I saw her was when I was still in the hospital. She had been traveling the last 2 weeks of November from work but as she said last night...she's back home now. She said she would be back to visit soon.

Tonight dh has to take dd to the mall to buy a bday gift for one of her friends 15th bday party tomorrow. I told them that I want to come along for the ride. I may get down and walk a bit then sit in the chairs that they have in the center of the mall.

The only other thing going on for Sunday is that the children's choir is singing at noon mass on Sunday. That's about all that will be going on here for the weekend.

Weather is very chilly this morning. I added a blanket to my bed and what a difference that made. So cozy. Yesterday I had to wear a long sleeve tshirt because it was cold in the house.

Enjoy your day and the weekend. To those that are feeling under the weather may you feel better. Take care.
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:43 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well it has been a crazy weekend so far! Last night YDD said she was not feeling well. Bad headache and touch of a cold but no fever or cough. By this am her head and chest were in great pain. We had tried all the meds and nothing worked. We went into the dr and he is not sure what is going on with her. He sent us for a chest xray and bloodwork. He said they would call if the chest xray showed anything. No call so I guess nothing came up. He wrote a note and canceled all her weekend activities which was good. He gave her darvocet 100 mg but so far it has not helped at all. She goes for an MRI on Monday and he is going to change her migraine meds after that but she needs to get through whatever this is first. I wish she would get some relief soon or we may be back at the er this time. DH is finally home but I had to drag GD with me on all those adventures this morning, and it is freezing and snowing again. I am already pooped. I don't know if we will be able to make it to the party tonight. We will have to wait and see what happens.

I hope you all are having a better weekend.
Unread 12-07-2008, 09:26 AM

Hi ladies,

You must all be busy. Well we did get to the party last night. It was very nice but I was distracted. My mind was mostly on home. I had eggplant parmigiana with a canoli for dessert. ODD and her bf came and stayed with GD and YDD. They did a good job with her. ODD dispensed meds and cleaned up when YDD was sick. That is what she used to do at the nursing home. YDD said she took good care of her. I know that is true because she always was really good when I had my hyster and when YDD was sick. She always got such good evaluations at the nursing home. She would bring the reports home so we could read them. I wish she would go back to that. It is so much more rewarding work than working in a restaurant like she is now! Oh well one of these days it may all work out.
YDD is still not feeling well. Her MRI appt tomorrow is at 3:30 but if she is not better than she is today I am not waiting that long. She will be going into the doctor in the morning. The pain meds are not relieving her headache at all.
I hope you ladies are having a nice weekend. I have to get some laundry in. Have a good day!
Unread 12-07-2008, 04:34 PM

Hi girls,

I have been so busy the past few days I haven't even turned the computer on. Right now I'm taking a break from my day. I am sitting here eating a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream. Matthew came over yesterday and helped me with the outside lights and Andrew was over today until he had to leave for work at 2. I am almost done out there. Andrew is off tomorrow and said he would come over in the afternoon and we could finish up. I am trying to figure out all the electrical mess out there now. Trying to divide up all the outlets, so I don't blow any fuses is always fun.

The sun finally came out today Yesterday was soooo cold out there working. Today is much warmer. It's almost 3:30 and it's probably 60 degrees out there now. No thermals needed today.

Yesterday my sister called and wanted me to go shopping with her. I told her I couldn't go until evening, otherwise we would have never got the lights put up. We left at 6 last night and went to a town about 30 minutes from here. We shopped at Kohl's and TJ Maxx. I got a few more presents bought Now I just have to wrap what I have so far. We got home around 10 last night. It was a fun evening with her.

DH is off Tuesday and Wednesday this week, so one of those days he'll help me get the tree up and decorated. Then it will finally feel like Christmas. I got most of the inside decorations put up yesterday also.

Cindy I hope you had fun at your dh company dinner. I'm sure your dd party was a big success. You did have a very busy weekend planned. Hopefully tomorrow you'll be able to get back on schedule.

Jan I hope your ydd is doing better by now. That's scary. I hope she can get some relief with her headache soon.

Scrapper it sounds like you are being such a good girl with your recovery. I hope that the sun came out where you are today also. It was so nice to see it again.

I need to get out front and keep working. I have about 1 1/2 hours of day light left. Hopefully I'll be able to turn on some of the lights tonight

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.
Unread 12-08-2008, 08:08 PM

Hi ladies,

It seems like so long since I've been able to check in. It has been a busy weekend. Our dinner Friday night was good. DD had a nice birthday. We had a little family celebration Sat. afternoon. We picked up her friends at 4:00 and headed to the hotel. They had a blast. They are really good girls. I had no problems and it was fun. Sunday we went to coffee hour and church and then we went to the tree farm to get our tree. We were all exhausted Sunday night. This morning LDS, DD and I all woke up sick. I took BDS to school. The three of us laid around all day. My friend brought BDS home from school. DD is much better and will go back to school tomorrow. LDS is feeling better, but I'm still not feeling great. Since we had such a busy weekend, I've never had a chance to get groceries. Our cupboards are pretty bare. I was planning to go tomorrow, but we're have a winter advisory and could wake up to six inches of snow, so I'll have to see how the roads are. If they are bad, I'll have to stop at our little grocer in town, after I drop the kids to school, and get enough to hold us until I can do my regular shopping. I sure do miss my grocery delivery service!

Jan I'm sorry to hear that YDD has been sick. I hope the MRI went o.k. and she is feeling better. It's nice that ODD took good care of her. It sounds like that is her calling. It's too bad she doesn't consider getting back into it.

Lisa I hope you got your lights up. Boy, I wish it were 60 degrees here! It sounds like you had a nice shopping trip. It's hard to believe Christmas is getting so close.

Scrapper I'm glad you had a nice visit with your friend. I hope your shopping trip went well. It sounds like your recovery is progressing really well.

Just a quick thing I forgot. I don't know if you remember me telling you about the little old lady from church who DD is such good friends with. We tried to find out a few weeks ago if she was still in the rehabilitation center. She wasn't and we didn't know what had happened. I had been praying that we would find out soon and that she was o.k. Yesterday at church, there she was! She has a walker now and she still has her trach tube. She is doing well and has moved to the Lutheran home here in town. It's a nursing home. Now we can visit her often, that she is so close to home.

I hope you are all having a good weekend.
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:45 AM

Hi Ladies,

What a week. Yesterday I took YDD for the MRI. They said it would be 2-3 days before the dr gets the results. I dropped her off at home and then went to pick up GD. When I walked in the door they told me GD had just thrown up about 20 minutes before! She is still not feeling well, says "my tummy hurts." YDD still at home in bed and ODD called in to work and is home with GD and YDD. The doctor prescribed some new meds for YDD to start on, but I did not actually start them. The pharmacist wants me to check with the docotr and make sure that this kind of med is ok with her and the one functioning kidney before she takes it. I think he thinks another might be a better choice but we will see. The nurse told me yesterday that her bloodwork did show the presence of a virus so the doctor still thinks that is the cause. I do believe that, especially now that GD is sick too, I just wish there was something I could do to make her feel better. I am currently waiting for the doctor's office to call me back. Yesterday it took until about 2pm! I know they are busy but that is so frustrating. It probably won't be any faster today either. I will have to keep you posted.

Lisa I hope your decorating is finished. That is such a good feeling. I would like to finish up my shopping but at this point I am just not sure when that will get finished. I thought I was doing so ell this year, but now I am falling behind.

Cindy your weekend sounds wonderful. That was great news about DD's friend moving to the Lutheran home. I hope they can have a visit soon. I hope you and your family are feeling better. I think that it is not a coincidence that our families that live in this ridiculous ice and snow are all sick and Lisa's family out in the beautiful weather are healthy. I think we need to pack up our clans and head to CA. I am sure Lisa has a couple of rentals for us. It is sleeting out right now and it is supposed to turn into snow. I have heard that it is quite slick and nasty out. Gee, I can't wait to drive home later. Well at least it is not a long ride.

Well ladies I better get back to work. Please say a prayer for YDD to get past this and get back to her old self. I don't know what else to do at this point. Talk to you later.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register