2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 287 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-09-2008, 09:43 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

This morning I got up earlier than normal to help dd with her hair. She wanted it curled as today their school choir is performing at one of the local elementary schools. I was going to take pictures but they are getting dressed at school. I will have to wait until this Sunday for their Holiday concert which we are all going to.

My sister in law called over the weekend and she is coming over today. She is bringing us dinner and bringing her grandkids to visit. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I've been working on the last minute details for dd's birthday bash. I can't believe it is just around the corner.

My post op appt got cancelled until next Monday. I'm curious to see what he says about my progress. I have lots of questions for him as to my restrictions and how long it takes to resume daily activities.

Mrswillie - I'm keeping YDD in my prayers....hope she begins to feel like her old self very soon!!! Hope GD's tummy feels better soon too. Glad to her that ODD is taking care of them. Hang in there!!!

Hyper - glad yto hear the dd had a great bday weekend. You sure had a busy one. Hope you are all feeling better.

Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2008, 05:30 AM

Good morning,

LDS and I are still sick. We both have sore throats, stuffy/runny noses and sneezing fits. I did stop by the store in town yesterday and got a few things to hold us over. I probably won't go shopping again today because I don't want to take LDS out. It is very cold and snowy here. I think it's 6 degrees this morning.

Jan I will keep YDD in my prayers. I hope she gets well soon. I hope GD feels better as well. I'm with you, we should pack up our families and head to CA for the winter.

Scrapper I hope you had a nice visit with your SIL. That's too bad your appt. was postponed. I know you must be anxious to have your questions answered.

Have a good day.
Unread 12-10-2008, 09:56 PM

Hi girls,

I'm just checking in quickly before heading off to bed. I started getting a headache on Monday afternoon and by yesterday morning it was a full blown migraine from hell. I stayed home from work yesterday and went today and only did 2 of my stores. Even though I was there physically today, I don't think I was really there. This evening I am getting a little relief and I hope by the morning this headache will leave me alone. I have not had one this bad in a very long time.

Jan I hope your ydd is feeling better by now. I'm praying for a quick recovery for her and good results on her MRI. Any time you want to head out this way you are more than welcome to come and enjoy our warmer weather. This morning it was foggy, but by around 11 the sun was shining and it was probably close to 60 this afternoon I still wore my thermals.

Cindy I hope you and your lds start feeling better also. The same invitation is extended to you, also. Come and enjoy our warmer weather here in CA 6 degrees???? YIKES!! I would have to have about 5 layers of thermals on in those temperatures.

Scrapper I hope you had a nice visit with your SIL. I hope on Monday you get all your questions answered at your post op appt.

Well I'm off to bed and hoping to get more sleep than last night. I took 2 vicoden last night and I had a very restless night. I'm not going to take anything tonight and hope for some restful sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2008, 07:53 PM

Hi ladies,

I have been so sick today. If I don't get better soon, I'll have to go to the doctor. There was no school today. Our former mayor and an elder at our church passed away Sat. His funeral was at our church. They expected a large turnout, go they closed school today. DH took a vacation day to go to the funeral. He was home by noon. He was a big help to me today. I was able to lay on the couch and rest while he took care of the kids. I have so much laundry piling up, but I have no energy to do it. I sure hope I will feel better tomorrow. DH went and got take out for supper. I really need to get groceries as well. I sure hope this is my one big sickness for the winter and I'll be able to stay fairly healthy after this. One good thing is LDS is starting to feel better. He still has a stuffy nose, but all in all he's feeling much better. Well I'm heading to bed.

Lisa I'm sorry about your headache. I hope it's gone by now.

Jan I hope YDD and GD are better and I hope you haven't caught it.

We are a bunch aren't we. With all of our ailments!

Sleep well everyone.
Unread 12-12-2008, 07:11 PM

Hi girls

I am finally over that horrible migraine. I actually felt quite a bit better yesterday morning when I woke up. My day yesterday went much better than the previous 2 days. Today I was back to my old self again

I worked at the preschool this morning. They had asked me last week to help out with a field trip to PetSmart. I had my "boyfriend" and three others that rode with me. We took 15 kids and they really enjoyed it. As we were leaving the preschool my boyfriend looked over at one of the teachers and said "Ms. Janet, I'm going with Miss Lisa in her van to PetSmart". He was so darn excited. Andrew didn't have to be at work until 2 this afternoon and he came in to help out with the kids. I introduced him to my boyfriend and he kept looking at Andrew for a few minutes as we were walking along and then he finally said " I didn't know you had two daddies" I started laughing to myself and told him that I only had one husband and that Andrew was my son. I think he finally caught on. Kids

Jan I hope everything is okay with you and your family. It's not like you to not check in and let us know how you're doing. Let us know when you can.

Cindy I hope you are doing better today. If not, I hope you went to the Dr. It's so hard to be the Mom and be sick. I'm glad at least your lds is doing better.

We are having a weather change heading our way. They are saying we have a possiblity of snow on Tuesday night. Yikes!!! I'm gonna freeze if that happens. We are supposed to have a rainy weekend ahead. Hopefully it won't start raining until later tomorrow. I want to get out back in the morning and get the leaves picked up.

I'm going to go change into my sweats for the evening and vacuum my living room. I have been trying to get to that all week and since dh is working this evening, I'm going to finally do it.

I hope everyone is on the road to recovery.
Unread 12-13-2008, 07:57 AM

Hi Ladies,

What a long week! I am hesitant to say it but I think things are getting better for YDD. Yesterday for the first time she made it back to school. She was ok last evening. If she still feels ok this morning we will have come through it I think. When she had her first attack, the one that seemed like a stroke when she could not make words for a day only garbled speech, I had hoped we would never see anything like it again. This was almost as bad as that, except this time at least we knew what was going on and she didn't have to stay in the hospital. Throughout this ordeal we purchased 7 different prescriptions! Now she just has to take 3. The MRI came out ok. There was nothing but a migraine and sinusitis, plus the viral stuff in her bloodwork. They did put her on an antibiotic in addition to the migraine meds. I have lost total track of what I had posted to you since it has been the world's longest week. ODD ended up getting sick Wed and Thurs. GD is better and at her Dad's for the weekend. So far DH and I have been hanging in there but we are both exhausted. Today I am going to shower and then head to the mall for a bit as I have to get some shopping in. Tonight DH and I are going to his brother's wife's 50th bday party. I really don't feel like but for family we are obligated. So chores will be put off until tomorrow. YDD is supposed to perform with poms tonight but other than that she should be able to hang out at home and get some rest I hope.

Cindy I feel bad for you and your family. I hope you went to the doctor and are recovering.

Lisa how horrible that you had a migraine! I am glad it is gone. What do you take for them? Darvocet and Tylenol 3 did nothing for YDD. Neither did her Imitrex 50 mg or the Maltex they put her on. They were going to start her on Topamax but decided against it because of her kidney, so they put her on Amitriptyline and she will still have her Imitrex. Your day at the preschool sounded fun. That is wonderful that Andrew went along. I hope you don't get that snow. We are supposed to have some more tomorrow.

Well I better get moving. Have a great day ladies.
Unread 12-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Hi ladies,

I have been sicker this week than I been in a long time. I literally did nothing but take the kids back and forth this school. DH kept telling me to go to the doctor, but I kept thinking "I'll feel better tomorrow". This morning when I woke up DH told me to get a shower and he was taking me to urgent care. (Our clinic is closed on Saturdays) So I did. I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. They put me on 875 mg. of amoxillan. I take them twice a day for 10 days. I actually feel human tonight. DH did all the grocery shopping today. He is such a sweetie. It was actually 40 degrees today and every thing was wet and puddly. When DH took the trash out tonight the temp had dropped considerably and everything was frozen. Poor thing fell and hurt his knee. He is o.k. but will probably have a good bruise tomorrow. I felt so bad for him. We are supposed to have freezing rain all night and the temp is going to drop to about 2 degrees. They are advising travel in the morning only for emergencies. Sidewalks and roads are supposed to be treacherous. I'm so glad DH got the groceries. The only thing is the kids are supposed to sing in 8:00 church. We'll have to see how it is out there in the morning. My house is a complete disaster and the laundry is atrocious. I'm still not feeling great so I'll just have to see how I feel in the morning and deal with it then.

Jan I'm glad YDD is better. I feel so bad for you all. What a scary situation. I'm happy to hear from you and to know you all made it through.

It sounds like you had a nice day with the preschool. Your little boyfriend sounds adorable. I wonder if you got your snow. Isn't that unusual for CA?

Well ladies I'm going to go to rest some more. Sleep well.
Unread 12-13-2008, 11:31 PM

Today ended up being nicer weather wise than they were predicting on the news last night. We reached 55 today and sunny. No rain so far. They say it will start tomorrow afternoon and then on Tuesday night/Wed morning we still have that chance of snow. The last time we got any snow was in 1998 and the time before that was 1989. I guess we average about once every 10 years. I worked out in the backyard cleaning up the leaves from 10 this morning until 3 this afternoon. I thought it would take me a couple hours, but didn't plan on the 5 it took me. It feels good to have them all picked up. There are a few more on the tree, but they won't take near as long as today was. I really need to buy a new leaf blower. Mine is still hanging in there, but it is so loud and doesn't have much blowing power left in it. I ended up raking more than blowing today. Oh well, I got some good exercise

Tomorrow our humane society is having a Christmas open house at 4 houses in town. They do it every year to raise funds for the animals. My sister and I are going to go on the tour. It should be a fun afternoon. I have so much still to do around here, but I'm going to go and enjoy myself for a few hours tomorrow.

We still haven't put our Christmas tree up yet. We have all the outside decorated except the lights that dh has to put up along the eves. I have all the inside decorations up. Everything but the tree. DH is off tomorrow, so while I'm gone with my sister he'll get it in the stand and then inside the living room. We'll decorate it tomorrow evening. I still need to wrap my presents. I am so far behind this year.

Jan I'm glad that there is light at the end of your tunnel. I hope you and your dh manage to escape the illness. I'm happy that your dd MRI turned out negative and that she is feeling better. When I get my migraines I usually just take ibuprofen for them and that will ease them some. The last time I saw a neurologist for them was about 10 years ago. They gave me some different drugs to try and they didn't seem to work, so I just suffered with them. I was able to get by with lots of ibuprofen until the one this week. If they continue like this last one, I'll have to go back and get an RX for something. I know there are alot of new drugs since the last time I was seen.

Cindy I'm glad your dh insisted you go to the Dr. today. When I had my sinus infection/bronchitis/ear infection a few months back the 875 Amox was what finally got rid of it. I'm sure by Monday you'll notice a big difference in the way you feel. I hope your dh knee will be okay. You are having some cold temps right now. I could never live there.

I'm off to bed now. I hope everyone has a restful night and a relaxing day tomorrow.
Unread 12-14-2008, 06:51 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm feeling much better today. Still not 100% but I'm definitely on the road to recovery. The weather was o.k. this morning, so I took the kid's to 8:00 church. We took the kids for lunch and had to get a few things from Target. From the time we left the house until we left target for home the temp dropped and we had freezing rain. The drive home was scary. We saw one accident and tons of people were skidding around. Now it's snowing. It is supposed to get below zero over night and barely get above zero tomorrow. That should be fun. I'm getting ready to put the kids to bed then me and DH are going to sit down and figure out what we have left to buy for Christmas. We still aren't done. We have a little more for the kids to do, both their teacher gifts and DD needs an exhange gift for her school Christmas party. I just want to get it all done. I'm on hot lunch duty tomorrow, BDS has BB practice and DD has dance, so I probably won't get to clean the house until Tuesday. I did a little laundry today, but there's still more to catch up on. I hate being so far behind.

Lisa I'm glad you didn't get your snow. I think we'll come stay with you until this weather we're having is over. Probably the rest of the winter! I hope you had fun on the tours today. Good for you taking some time for yourself. I am so far behind too. It seems like Christmas is coming so fast this year. I haven't had a chance to enjoy the season. I'm hoping to catch up this week, so I can have a few days to just sit back and be all Christmasy.

I hope you all had a nice day.
Unread 12-14-2008, 08:10 PM

The tree is up and decorated After I got home this afternoon, DH brought it inside and I had it all done by dinner time. Now I just have to get presents wrapped and then it will look a lot better.

My sister and I had a nice afternoon touring the houses. It was nice to have some down time after being so busy. One house had 7 Christmas trees in it, so I thought if they can do that many, I need to at least get 1 done today. They were my inspiration.

This morning I fixed a pot of beans in the crock pot. When my sister came to pick me up she asked what I was cooking. I told her beans and she said she was fixing the same thing for dinner. We do that a lot. I also fixed some cornbread and we just finished dinner. I have an apple crisp in the oven for dessert.

Tonight at 8 is the season finale of Survivor. I plan on sitting in front of the TV and relaxing the rest of the evening.

Cindy I'm glad you are feeling better. Each day you should feel better. You are more than welcome to come and stay here for the rest of the winter. It is very cold here though. It started raining about an hour ago, so we'll see if we get any snow tonight. They are saying that Tuesday night is really our best chance.

I better run and get the kitchen cleaned up. I want to have everything done by 8. Have a relaxing evening everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register