2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 288 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-15-2008, 12:16 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

It was a very busy weekend and yet I got nothing done but the laundry! We made it to the party Saturday. It was nice, but a really long night. Sunday I grocery shopped, did my laundry, and helped YDD some. She is so far behind with schoolwork from her illness. After school today I have a physical and then I plan on going out to try and get some more shopping done. I feel so off schedule and rushed with Christmas this year. Last night we had a load of ice, but luckily it snowed on top of that which gave us some traction this morning. We are supposed to get another storm tomorrow so I am really hoping to get out and make a good dent in this shopping tonight.

Cindy I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Good thing you went to the doctor and got those meds. It is going to be a doozy of a season with snow and infections it seems.

Lisa those house tours sound so nice. 7 Christmas trees! I can't even imagine. I can barely handle one. I hope you do not get the snow and your warm weather returns ASAP.

Well ladies have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2008, 09:18 PM

Hi ladies,

It was a cold one today. This morning was 7 below and it didn't even reach zero today. It's supposed to be 15 below tomorrow morning. That's regular temp who knows what the wind chill will be. I got my house cleaned today surprisingly and about half the laundry done. I'll finish that up tomorrow. DH and I are going Wed. night to finish up our shopping. I'm going to read for a bit and then head to bed.

Lisa I'm glad you got your tree up and decorated. I can't imagine having 7 trees. A pot of beans sounds really good. That was one of my dad's favorites. I made a pot of chili tonight.

Jan I'm glad the party went well. It is so hard on the kids when they have to miss school with the late work. I hope YDD can get through it pretty quickly.

Sleep well everyone.
Unread 12-15-2008, 11:08 PM

This afternoon I got off work by 2:30 and came home and feel like I actually got some things accomplished. I got the kitchen floor mopped. I have been trying to do that for about a week. I also got all the presents wrapped that I have bought so far. The tree looks so much nicer with presents underneath it. I hope to go early Friday morning and finish up my shopping.

This evening I went with my sister to a convalescent home to visit a co-worker from the preschool. She would help out with the cooking and cleaning there. She is a little mentally challenged and functions at about a 10 year old level. About a month ago she started having stomach pains and after many tests they discovered that she is full of cancer. She has been in the hospital for 2 weeks and then on Friday they transferred her to the convalescent home. Tonight she was so drugged that she couldn't even stay awake long enough to realize we were there. They are trying to get her strong enough to start on chemo. After seeing her tonight I don't see how she'll ever come through this. Her Mom passed away during the summer after having a stroke and being hospitalized for many months. It is just so sad seeing her lay there so out of it. Her Dad was there with her tonight and he is trying to figure a way to bring her back home. It makes me very grateful for my own good health.

Cindy I'm glad you got your house cleaned up today and most of your laundry caught up. You must be on the road to recovery now. Stay warm

Jan I hope everything went good at your physical today and that you got most of your shopping done.

I'm going to go and head to bed. I hope everyone has a restful sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2008, 08:19 AM

Hi ladies
It is cold and snowy here today. I guess I should be grateful after seeing Cindy's temps. It is at least above zero here, it is 5! The kids are all a buzz because they think we will dismiss early, but I highly doubt it. We have snow in the forecast for the next 3 days. The bad thing is we are supposed to get snow, an ice storm, followed by more snow. That is one of those situations where you have a brief window to shovel because if you don't get it before the ice covers it it will be there until the thaw.

Last night a thought I had finished all my shopping, but then this morning someone unexpected gave me a gift. It was very sweet, but of course now I have to go ot and get er something. Oh well I am almost done. Now I have to wrap and then everything will be ready but the food and the cleaning.

My physical went fine yesterday. He is sending me fo bloodwork to check diabetes, cholesterol, and thyroid. He does that every year based on family history. I told him I probably won't get to the lab before the weekend and he said that would be fine. YDD had another headache yesterday and I started to panic, but the meds gave her relief when she took them. Whew, I need to calm down, I will be in trouble if I start to panic at every headache.

Cindy chili sounds good. We have chicken going in the crockpot today for chicken and rice tonight. That is nice that DH will go with you to finish the shopping. That is strictly my domain in our family.

Lisa I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she responds well to the treatment. My coworker lost her husband to cancer on the 7th. It has been so hard for her throughout all the chmo, and the whole illness. It was so sad to see her face this loss at the holidays. She will come back to work in January. W are all preparing to plan activities with her because these long winter months alone are going to be hard on her. That is great tha yo wrapped all your gifts. I don't look forward to doing that, but I will most likely start tomorrow so I can get it over with.

Well ladies have a great day!!
Unread 12-17-2008, 06:58 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday morning was 10 below and we got more snow yesterday. This morning is actually 5 ABOVE zero! Yippee. We are supposed to get more snow Thursday and over the weekend. Yesterday BDS had a basketball game after school. It was a good game, they won. I had BBQ pulled pork in the crock pot so it was all ready when we came home. Tonight DH and I are going shopping to hopefully finish up. I don't know when I'll get to wrap. I might have DH take the kids out for awhile this weekend so I can get it done.

Lisa I'm glad you were able to get your gifts wrapped and your floor mopped. I know how nice it is to get things accomplished.

Jan it seems like they never close school here. They must need to use at least one snow day, because every year around March we'll get an inch of snow and they will close school. I'm glad your physical went well. I'm glad the medicine took care of YDD's headache.

Scrapper check in when you can and let us know how your doctor's appt. went.

I hope you all have a nice day.
Unread 12-17-2008, 08:11 AM

Hi Ladies,

We had a very busy night last night. MY FIL turns 80 tomorrow. DH decided that we needed to have a bday party spur of the moment. They were supposed to have been in FL but because of all the crazy weather the trip had been delayed. So my chicken went in the fridge and we did Chinese food and cake. Plus all of the snow had to be cleaned up so it turned out to be a rush around evening. My MIL and FIL left early this morning to get out before the next round comes in tomorrow. GD goes to her Dad's tonight so I hope to get some straightening done in my house, because it is a super mess. If there is time I may do some wrapping, but it probably will not get done because that time will fly by. At least I have tons of leftovers so I know I will not be cooking.

Cindy I am glad to hear you are above 0 today!! I think our weather is on a very similar pattern these days. Enjoy your shopping tonight. I hope you get it all finished. I know what you mean about not knowing when things will get wrapped, or finished for that matter, but I am sure it will all get finished in time somehow as it always does every year!!

YDD got another headache last night and boy I could feel the anxiety. It seemed to be controlled with pain meds and not as out of control as the other. At least I hope not. She went to school without complaint tomorrow. We go back to the doctorfor a follow up about all this on the 23rd. I am interested to hear what he says.

We are at the point where Christmas feels so close, and there is so much to do, that I will be glad when Friday comes and I will have some time off to get some things done. Well I better get some things done here at work. Have a great day!!
Unread 12-18-2008, 08:25 AM

Hi Ladies,

You all must be busy. Last night I was non stop busy until I went to bed at a bit after 10. I slept without even once waking up until the alarm went off this morning!

After work I picked up GD for the drop off with Dumb A. Then I headed to Walmart to buy the ingredients to make brocolli cheese soup for a pot luck at work today. I also bought milk, cereal, and necessities to have on hand before this ice/snow storm we are supposed to get today and tomorrow. My DS went and filled all the gas cans we had in case we have to run the generator if the ice cuts the power. When I got home I tackled the house. It is not perfect but it is alot better than it was when I got home yesterday. I got all the ingredients ready to put in the crockpot when I got up this morning.

There is an electricity in the air in this building. All the kids think school will be canceled tomorrow because of this big storm so they are giddy as they are thinking this will be the last day before Christmas break. We shall see about that.

Well ladies I hope you are all feeling well and are getting all of your holiday chores done. Have a great day!
Unread 12-19-2008, 06:13 AM

Good morning ladies,

We got most of our shopping done the other night. I still have a little odds and ends shopping to do this weekend. We are having a Christmas brunch at school today. The lunch volunteers run it. Last night we met at school. We baked cookies and made up 17 egg bakes to put in the fridge. This morning we'll set up and bake them. On Sunday BDS and DD have their Christmas program. They have to go to school tomorrow for practice from 9-11. BDS has a basketball game at 2:00 tomorrow. I'd better hop in the shower.

Jan I hope you didn't get all that ice. It sounds like your FIL's birthday celebration was nice, even though it was chaotic getting everything ready. I hope your pot luck went well. Is today your last day? Our last day is the 23rd.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 12-19-2008, 09:44 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well today was supposed to be our last day of school before break but school was canceled. We did get the ice storm followed by some snow. We never lost power or any trees. We have had ice storms that have been alot worse. I am really surprised we canceled. I have not ventured out at all. I kept GD home with us. DH just went out to try and start chipping. Today if I can get GD down for a nap I hope to do some wrapping. I really would like to have it all done by Sunday.

Cindy your brunch sounds great. Some egg casserole would be tasty right now. You do the nicest things at your school. If you guys go until the 23rd you will get out before us in the summer. That will be nice. Well I better get moving. Have a great day!!
Unread 12-19-2008, 04:26 PM

Hi ladies,

Our Christmas brunch went really well. We got alot of compliments from parents and grandparents. We are supposed to have a major snow storm. It's supposed to start snowing tomorrow morning through Sunday evening. They're saying 6-12 inches. They've already cancelled the basketball game for tomorrow. The kid's are supposed to go for play practice tomorrow, but it will depend on the weather. DH and I are going shopping tonight to finish up and then stop and get groceries. I will be glad to be done, then all I have to do is wrap. If we get our storm, we'll be snuggled in for the weekend. Except the kid's will still have their Christmas program on Sunday. They won't cancel that, unless the roads are extremely impassable.

Jan I'm glad you didn't lose power. That's actually nice that you got an extra day. Our last day of school for the year is June 4th. I hope you were able to get some wrapping done. I think I'm going to try to do some when the kid's are in bed.

Lisa hope things are going well for you and you are getting all of your holiday chores done. We miss you, check in when you get the chance.

Scrapper I hope your drs. appt. went well and everything is going well with your recovery. Let us know when you are able.

Have a nice evening everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register