2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 289 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-20-2008, 12:05 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi girls,

I'm still around. Our internet was down for a couple of days. We have not had a good week around here. My SIL Mom passed away on Tuesday evening. She lasted almost a month longer than the Drs. had predicted. They are having a memorial service for her on Jan 3rd. Last night the lady that we went and visited on Monday evening passed away. She was admitted back into the hospital on Tuesday evening due to an infection and she lost her battle last night. It wasn't the cancer that killed her, but the infection. Her body was just too weak to fight it off. Her Dad has now lost his wife of 52 years and his daughter in a 6 month period. We will find out tomorrow when her service will be held.

Work this week has been very busy. Next week is looking busy, also. I'm just happy to have the weekend off

Jan it sounds like you are having some pretty cold weather there. We got down to 26 on Wednesday night and I though I was going to freeze. We have even let the dogs sleep inside the past couple nights. It is going to warm up a bit next week and only be in the 40's at night. I'm glad your dd has done better with her last couple headaches. Hopefully they will stay under control with the medication now.

Cindy you are also dealing with some pretty cold temps. I hope you don't get as much snow as they are predicting. Your Christmas brunch sounded really yummy.

I went shopping this morning before work and I am very close to being done. I need to sort everything this weekend and finish up wrapping what I bought today. I cannot believe that in less than one week it will all be over. DH never did get the lights put up along the eaves. Oh well, maybe next year. I took some pictures of our front yard with all the lights and if they turn out I'll send them on.

I'm going to go and head to bed. I didn't sleep well last night thinking about Karrie. Hopefully tonight will be a better night for sleep.

Enjoy your weekend, girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2008, 08:57 AM

Hi Ladies,

Nice evening last night. ODD and BF came over. DS was home. We all sat around the fire and snuggled in. GD stayed up until 9 to visit. They left when she went to bed. We followed shortly after. She has a little cold. Nothing serious. I am going to try and take her to get her hair cut today if the weather holds. I got all the wrapping done!
Lisa I am glad you are back. I am so sorry about your friend. That is extra hard at this time. I hope you stay warm and sleep better tonight. Well I need to get moving. Talk to you all soon.
Unread 12-21-2008, 09:11 AM

Hi Ladies,

I hope you all are doing well. Cindy I am wondering if you are snowed in. I have tried dilligently to get my Dad to stay in FL for Christmas since the weather is so bad, but he insists on coming. He left this morning. Today I will get out the Christmas dishes. He gave them to me so I always need to make sure they are out before he comes.

I did get GD's hair cut yesterday. We went to 2 stores but they were to mobbed to stay. I will have to get the groceries for the holiday bought Mon or Tues most likely. Today I do not plan to leave the house. It is below 0 and we have a wind warning so I am going to just do laundry, make some cookies, in general hang out.

Well, I hope you ladies are getting caught up and enjoying your weekend. Have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2008, 07:35 PM

Where did this weekend go? I feel like I was busy both days, but if you look around my house it sure doesn't show. I am planning on wrapping more presents this evening.

This afternoon we went over to my inlaws, because BIL and SIL were here for the day. SIL was on good behavior, so it made the visit pleasant.

It is raining here this evening. It was overcast all day and started raining around 3. They are predicting a wet week here. We never did get any snow last week. It is cold though. Not near as cold as Jan and Cindy are dealing with though. It still wore my thermals today

I think I'll fix french dips for dinner tonight. Andrew gets off at 7 and I'm sure he'll pop in for dinner.

I hope you girls are staying as warm as you can. Jan I hope you got your laundry caught up and your cookies baked.

We usually go to my Moms for Christmas day, but they are planning on going to my step dads sons house in the mountains on Christmas eve. I volunteered to have Christmas day dinner here. I still don't know what we will have to eat yet. At least we won't have to travel this year. Yesterday my BIL came over and asked if he could have a surprise party here for my sisters 40th birthday that is on Jan 2. I told him yes, so I really need to get my house in order for both Christmas day and then her party. My sister is going to be hard to surprise though. She is like me and very nosey about what is going on. I know she'll suspect something is up.

On Friday night I lost the remote to our TV in the living room. I remember having it in my hand and then 5 minutes later I couldn't find it. I swear my brain is going fast. I hope I come across it soon. I hate not being able to watch TV out there. Tonight Desperate Housewives is on and I'll have to watch it in the bedroom by myself if that remote doesn't show up soon. I wish it had a beeper on it like the cordless phone does. I found the phone a couple weeks ago using the beeper in the hamper. Sometimes I wonder about myself...

I need to go and get something accomplished around here. I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.
Unread 12-21-2008, 09:28 PM

Hi ladies,

I did get my laundry done. I baked some cookies and I made some dough which is in the fridge to bake tomorrow. We had chicken parmigiana for dinner, with buttered rice, and salad. I kept my word and never left the house. It is -7 here. I imagine it is that or lower by you Cindy.

Lisa french dips sound yummy. That is great that you don't have to travel on Christmas. We have been doing that since our kids were little and it has been great for us. I always bake a ham. It is such an easy dinner and my whole family likes it. I hope you are able to pull off the surprise party for your sister. I think surprise parties are alot of fun. You made me laugh with that remote story! My DH has done that before. It is amazing how used to those things we get. On our newest tv there are no buttons to use on the tv, you have to have a remote! I hope you find it before your show.

Well I am about ready for bed. I am going to go up and crank my electric blanket so I can get into a comfy bed.

Have a great evening!
Unread 12-21-2008, 09:29 PM

Hi ladies,

We did get snow Saturday. About 5 inches. Not what they were expecting, but still enough to make the roads bad. DH and I went out Saturday to do some more Christmas things. It was scary being on the roads to me, but it doen't phase DH. At least I wasn't driving. The kid's had their Christmas program this afternoon. It was really nice. We went out for dinner afterwards. It's so cold though. It's been below zero all weekend. The kid's have two more days of school then Christmas break. We are going to bake cookies sometime in the next couple days. DH is going to take the kid's out Tueday evening, so I can wrap. My house needs some tending to, I'll have to try to get to that too. I've got one load of laundry in the washer and one in the dryer. When that's all done I'll be heading to bed.

Jan it sounds like you had a nice evening when ODD and BF were over. I wish we had a fireplace. I'd love to snuggle up in front of the fire. On Christmas eve we turn the channel on t.v. that has the yule log and they play Christmas music. We all sit in front of the t.v. with hot chocolate and pretend we're snuggling in front of the fire. That's been a tradition of ours for several years now. I hope you were able to get your baking done.

Lisa you've been a busy bee. I'm glad your visit went well with the inlaws. You are going to be busy having christmas and then your sisters birthday so close together. French dips sound wonderful. I love them. I know you've probably already looked, but when I lose our remote it's usually wedged under the couch cushions. I hope you find it soon.

sleep well ladies.
Unread 12-21-2008, 10:59 PM

Jumping on real quick with a remote update...I found it I had already looked in the cushions earlier today. Tonight I looked on the side of the couch next to the end table and there it was on the floor. We actually have two remotes for that TV. The one I lost was the one for the satellite dish and if you don't have that one you can't turn it on. I don't mind having to get up and use the buttons on the TV, but without that remote you can't even turn the darn thing on. Off to watch some TV now
Unread 12-22-2008, 09:37 AM

Hey glad you found it!!

GD is off to school. I am going to do some more baking today and wash some bedding. I should draw up a grocery list for the Christmas meal because I have to get that stuff either today or tomorrow. We'll see. I am going to make soup for dinner tonight. Well I better get moving. Have a great day!!
Unread 12-23-2008, 12:19 AM

Hello ladies,

I had typed a message earlier and it never posted...now see if I recall all that I said.

My post op appt went well. I am progressing very well. I will be starting a 6 week session of physical therapy. I will be going 2 to 3 times a week. I return for another appt the last week of my PT and have to have an xray of my spine. They want to see how things look on the inside. This Wednesday is 6 weeks since my surgery. They said I can start to drive and don't have to wear my brace at the end of the 6 weeks. The only exercise I'm allowed is walking (as much as my body can tolerate). So time to start getting the old body going again.

We had a cold, rainy day today. They say the next storm is coming in on Wednesday.

We are pretty set for Christmas...we have the family coming over on Christmas Day. We did the marketing today and dd helped with gift wrapping. Christmas Eve we are going to church at 4pm...children's choir sings at that mass then we will go out to dinner and perhaps a movie.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping warm with the freezing temps.

WEll off to bed.
Unread 12-23-2008, 06:47 AM

Good morning

Yesterday BDS and I were so sick from a stomach flu. It was awful. I'm feeling much better today. I'm getting ready to wake up the kids and hopefully BDS is feeling better as well. Today will be an easy last day for the kids. They are having their Christmas parties. I'm taking LDS for a haircut today. We always get a honeybaked ham for Christmas dinner. We had a pleasant surprise. One of DH's vendors sent us a honeybaked ham yesterday. DH always gets a few nice gifts from vendors at Christmas time. The kids and I are planning to bake cookies after school today. I'd better hop in the shower.

Lisa I'm glad you found your remote.

Scrapper I'm so glad to hear your appt. went well. It sounds like you are doing really well. It also sounds like your ready for Christmas. Your Christmas Eve and Christmas day sounds nice.

Jan I hope your getting your last minute things done.

Have a nice day ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register