2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 290 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-23-2008, 10:08 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

Boy I was out of it when GD woke me up this morning. I was still in a deep dream! My body clock does not seem like it ever readjusted to the time change. Very weird. After I took GD to school I finally went and had that bloodwork done. I had to run and buy some shampoo. I feel like I can not go a day without running to the store for something! I hope that ends pretty soon.

I have housecleaning to do but I do not feel like doing it. YDD has a doctor appointment this afternoon and I was hoping maybe I could talk her into going for a mani/pedi before the appt. With this awful weather it does not feel like we have been doing anything besides chores. I t would feel nice to do something frivolous and relaxing. It is still very cold and now it is snowing again. The temp is supposed to go to freezing and then drop again. It is supposed to be 3 inches today, sleet tonight, and 3 more inches tomorrow.

This morning when I was at the hospital for the bloodwork I ran into another mom and she was talking about this weather and how the streets have so much ice on them they are terrible, and she said if she wanted this kind of winter she would move to Minnesota! I thought of you Cindy and I told her I don't think the folks up there want this kind of weather either. She had to agree with that. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just snow but, all this ice we keep having is nasty.

Cindy I am sorry you were hit with another sickness so soon. I hope thi is it for awhile. I am glad you are feeling better. That ham was a nice surprise. Have fun baking cookies!!

Scrapper I am glad to hear thigs are going so well. You sound like you are about ready to be back at the old routine. Don't over do it you have done so well. Your Christmas plans sound great.

Well everyone I better get to some chores. Have a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2008, 08:45 AM

Hello Ladies,

Well today a few last minute clean ups and making of the food. The cookies are baked and the presents ready so I guess as long as I get the food done the holiday will proceed no matter what the house looks like!

I hope you all have finished your projects and are ready for some holiday fun.

Have a Merry Christmas!! Blessings to you and your families.

Love to you all,
Jan
Unread 12-24-2008, 09:13 AM

Well girls, ready or not here we go. I'm still on the not so ready bench this morning. I just got out of the shower and as soon as I'm off here I'll finish getting ready and then hit the road. I have two more gift certificates to pick up this morning on my way to work. I hope to be off today by noon and then come home and start cleaning my house up. The presents are all wrapped, so that is one thing going in my direction today

This morning dh had to be at work at 7 and I heard him out in the driveway for a long time with his truck running. I thought at first maybe it was really cold last night and he was defrosting his windshield. Then I heard the truck shut off and the front door open. He said the truck wouldn't go into gear. I threw on my sweatshirt and ran him to work. He was late, but they were understanding. Now I have to pick him up at 5. We are having Christmas Eve dinner at his parents tonight. I also have to do my Super Target this morning, so that will be 3 trips out there today. Good thing I had just put gas in my van recently.

Jan you sound like you have everything under control for today. I hope you find some time to relax.

Cindy I'm sorry you got hit with a bug again. I'm glad your feeling better and I hope your bds is also.

Scrapper it sounds like your recovery is going very well. My dh was only allowed to do walking after his surgeries also. Just think what good shape you'll be in

I think I forgot to mention also that last week I had to go back to the dentist because the tooth I had the root canal on is bugging me again. He referrred me back to the endo and he is probably going to have to go back in through the side of my gum to get to the top of the root. Lovely...I'm scheduled for that on Jan 29 (I think). Hopefully by then it will stop bugging me.

Well I need to get off of here and on with my busy day ahead. I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and enjoy the time with your families
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2008, 03:09 PM

Hi ladies,

I ended up going back to the doctor yesterday. I have a chronic sinus infection. The amoxicillan they gave me the first time didn't do the trick. She prescribed me bactrim and a heavy duty nasal spray. Hopefully that will do the trick. I never did feel 100% after I first got sick. DH took the kids out and I wrapped the gifts. The kids and I baked yesterday and I have all my ahead of time food ready for tomorrow. Tonight we will have a meat and cheese tray and later have hot chocolate and watch a christmas show before the kids go to bed. That's our Christmas eve tradition.

Jan it sounds like you're ready.

Lisa you are as busy as ever. Have a nice time at your inlaws tonight.

I hope you all have a blessed Christmas!
Unread 12-26-2008, 10:43 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well I hope a Merry Christmas was had by all. We have been busy having a good time here. My Dad and his wife leave Sunday morning. This house is so awful I will spend all next week, cleaning, and washing, and undecorating.

Cindy I hope you are feeling better by now. Lisa I hope your tooth is feeling ok.

Well I am off to hit the sack. I hope you are all enjoying your families. I miss all you ladies!! Have a great evening.
Unread 12-27-2008, 07:14 AM

Hello

This morning it is rainy and foggy here. It has warmed into the 40's. Thank goodness or this would be more snow. Unfortunately there will be some flooding because there is so much ice on the ground that all this water will ahve no where to go.

I am antsy to get some of these decorations down but it will have to wait for family to go tomorrow. I will probably leave the tree, but take some of the rest and put it away.

I am going to make some breakfast for all.

I hope you are all doing well. Have a good day!
Unread 12-27-2008, 10:34 AM

Hi ladies,

We had a nice Christmas. Except LDS got sick Christmas Eve. He threw up all during the night. He hasn't thrown up since, but he hasn't felt good. This morning is the first time he's eaten anything and it wasn't much. Our clinic is closed until Monday, if he isn't better by then, I'll take him in. Today is the day that DD gets to change her earrings. She got some new ones for Christmas. She's excited, but a little nervous. I told her we don't have to change them today, she can just let me know when she's ready. The kid's got gift cards and money from relatives. They're anxious to go shopping, but we'll have to wait until LDS is better. I am finally feeling on the mend. I'm glad I went back to the doctor, the new antibiotic seems to be doing the trick. We have been enjoying our time together. The house is a mess and laundry is lonely. It was actually in the 40's here yesterday as well. I haven't even taken a shower yet, so I'd better get going.

Jan it sounds like you are having a nice time with your dad and his wife. I hear you about cleaning. I'll be doing that next week as well. But the kids will be home, so I really don't know how much I'll get done. I always love putting up the decorations, but it's such a pain taking them down.

Have a great day everyone.
Unread 12-27-2008, 12:35 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a nice Christmas even though it rained all day. My family came over and my brother in law joined us too. I think everyone left around 9pm.

Yesterday we left the house only to go do the marketing. dd's best friend and mom came over for awhile. the girls exchanged gifts and caught up with each other. Late afternoon my sister brought my niece over (she's 7) to spend the night. My sister was having a get together with high school friends and no kids were going to be there.

Today the only thing going on is dd and I have an appt at the reception site to finalize the final count and the set up of the room. Her big bday celebration is 2 weeks from today. After that we will go to Target for a few things we need and head back home.

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

Hyper - hope everyone is feeling better.
Unread 12-28-2008, 09:03 AM

Hi Ladies,

Last night we wnet out for a big Italian dinner with the whole family. Then we came home and palyed a couple games of scene it. Family left this morning. Now I have to face the wreck, lol. I pretty much don't even know where to start. I guess the kitchen, followed by sheets, with laundry in between.

Scrapper you sound well. I can't believe the party is in 2 weeks. You have had it planned so well that now you can start to get excited. I hope things go well today.

Cindy I hope LDS is better today. My kids are the same with shopping after Christmas. I always try to tell them it is too picked over to get anything good they should wait until the stores restock but they never listen to me. YDD has already been talking about going this week. I have to get some chores done first before I will take her though.

Well I better get to it. Have a great day ladies!!
Unread 12-28-2008, 10:21 AM

Hi ladies

LDS is finally feeling better. We're going to take the kids out for lunch. Our T.V. is going out, so we'll be shopping for a new t.v. today. Hopefully we'll find some sales. Our T.V. is old and a dinosaur. DH wants to get a flat screen. I have to admit I agree with him. I'm sure the kid's will want to see if they can find something with their money. I really wanted to try to get some cleaning done but that's not going to happen today.

Scrapper you sound like you're doing so well. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. How exciting that DD's party is so close. You are so organized and things are running so smoothly, Jan is right, you can be excited and have fun with last minute preparations.

Jan sounds like you had a nice dinner out. It's always nice to have company, but the aftermath is no fun. I know you'll get it done. You always seem to be on top of it. I know what you mean about the shopping. If the kid's don't find anything worthwhile, I'm going to encourage them to wait. I hate to see them waste their money, just because they want to spend it right away.

Lisa I hope everything is good your way.

Have a good day everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register