2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 294 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-08-2009, 05:43 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning

The house is cold this morning. I'm officially tired of winter. That won't make it go by any faster. I need to get groceries today. BDS has a BB game at 4:00. We won't get home until 5:30, so I'm planning on a simple dinner. I don't know what yet. DD has not shown any interest in changing her earrings yet. That's fine, I just had thought she'd be so anxious to put new ones in. I'd better wake the kids up.

Jan I'm glad your GD slept well. I hope it won't mess her up at dumb A's. It's a shame you can't trust that her own father will make sure she takes her medicine. How nice that your DH made dinner, did you get him to do it again last night?

Lisa I hope you didn't get that migrane. I was surprised that you didn't wear your thermals when you took the lights down. I'm so proud.

I hope you ladies have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2009, 11:18 AM

Hello ladies,

Well today is not as busy as yesterday. Today I'm bakingsome cupcakes for dd to take to choir practice tonight as a belated bday treat for the kids. I'll have dd frost them when she gets home from school.

Yesterday dd had an orthodontist appt to change the color of her bands from red to pink. She wants to be color coordinated for her bday party on Saturday. I took her back to school and came home to rest for an hour. Then it was off to pick up her dress...it looks beautiful!!! She had tutoring last night at 7pm...had to reschedule because she normally goes on Saturdays. I was tired last night.

I'm feeling well...continuing with my exercises at home and getting my walking in. I'm waiting for the authorization to be approved for the actual treatment of my PT.....I'm going to call again today to see what is going on. I called on Tuesday and never got a return phone call.

Tomorrow will be busy....car wash, manicures & pedicures, pick up the flowers, and rehearsal. Saturday we will be up early as dd has a 7:30am appt for hair and makeup.

I will check back in on Sunday and share all the details with you along with some pics. So enjoy the weekend!!
Unread 01-08-2009, 07:06 PM

Hello ladies,

I have been busy today. After work I picked up GD and we came home and had burgers with DH. GD and I have been cleaning this evening. I thought if I got a head start I might be able to enjoy the weekend a bit more. My plan is tomorrow to hang out with DH once GD leaves. On Saturday I would like to grocery shop, pick up a bunch of movies, then come home and watch movies while I do laundry. Sunday I think I will make a pot of split pea soup with the hambone I have in the freezer. Today I felt alot better. I think my body is finally back in the swing of getting up earlier.

Scrapper cupcakes sound yummy. I hought of baking some this weekend because my ODD's bday is Saturday, but we still have so many goodies around here left from the holidays. I am so gald to hear how well you feel. Your palns to get ready for the party sound like alot of fun, too, pedi, mani, and hair appt. I wish you and DD a wonderful day on Saturday! I can't wait to see the photos.

Cindy I am with you I am sick of winter! Sleet followed by snow predicted tonight through Sunday for us. I always want to get rid of it after Christmas. You are right unfortunately still a ways to go. No, DH didn't make dinner last night, but he was in charge of the burgers tonight. It has been one nice week with him around. I wish my salary was as good as his because he would make a great house husband.

Lisa I hope your headache does not last long! Just curious, What do the 3 different types of hormones all do? I just take 1 pill, estrogen, and it helps alot. Do you think you need less or just need to spread them out a bit more? Potato soup and apple crisp sound sooo good! I am proud of you braving it without those thermals. A little Midwest is rubbing off on you.

I have to get GD to bed and finish up a little more cleaning. Have a great evening!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2009, 07:31 PM

Good evening, girls.

I ended up getting a later start to my day today. I slept in until 8:30 and made it to work at 10:30. I left at 2, so it was a short day today. My headache is still with me and I just wasn't in the mood for working today. Thats what I love about my job, being able to basically work when I want as long as the work gets done. I can tell now that this will be another 3 day migraine. I should start getting some relief by tomorrow evening, if it follows the pattern of my previous ones. I can't wait for tomorrow

Tonight dh is working until 8, so I have had the house all to myself. It is so peaceful and there is so much I should be doing, but it can wait for another day. I did do 2 loads of laundry, so I haven't been a total bum this afternoon. We are having leftover soup for dinner tonight. Matthew and Andrew both stopped by earlier and dove into the apple crisp. There is still enough for dh and I tonight.

Cindy I checked out your dd picture and her hair cut is darling. I bet it is so much easier dealing with her hair now. I am also sick of winter, but at least we aren't dealing with temps like you are. I would be a frozen popsicle if I lived near you.

Scrapper I can't wait to hear all about the party on Sunday. You sound so organized and I know it is going to be a huge success

Jan I hope you get your relaxing weekend. The reason I'm on 3 different medications is because of my vaginal atrophy. I use my estrogen patch which I change 2x a week. I did fine on that alone for about the first 6 months. Then I started having what I thought was a yeast infection, but it turned out to be the atrophy. My Dr. then started me on Vagifem which is a tiny pill that is inserted 2x a week and also estrace cream which I use on the outside for the irritation. They are all 3 estrogen, so I'm thinking when I use all 3 at the same time it's too much at once and triggers the migraines. I am going to stop the estrace cream for a week and see if that will help. If I think I really need to use it, I will use it on different nights than my patch change or vagifem nights. I'm glad that you are doing fine with just your pill. I really wish I could have kept my last ovary, but it had to come out, so I just need to find the right balance of hormones and learn to live with it.

I'm going to go and watch a little TV and wait for dh to get home from work.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening
Unread 01-09-2009, 06:01 AM

Good morning ladies

LDS and I went grocery shopping yesterday. There is a new grocery store that opened in the town where DH works. I decided to try it. It is actually the grocer that would have been my delivery service if they would'nt have taken our town off of their route. I liked it and I got more for my money than at my regular grocer. The only thing is it is the opposite direction of target or walmart, so if I had to go to either of those places when I get groceries, it wouldn't work. BDS's BB game was good. They won. So far they are undefeated. Tonight is our pioneer meeting. One of our dishes we're making is mexican. We are making tortilla soup. The recipes are very simple and are really a simple take. This morning I have to go to my friends for a PTO planning committee meeting. Our school silent auction is in April, but we have to start planning now. There will be other kids there, so LDS will have fun.

Scrapper how fun with the pedicure, manicure and hair. You are so organized. I know the party will be splendid. I'm looking forward to hearing about it and seeing the pictures. I'm glad you are feeling well.

Jan I'm glad you're getting your cleaning done so you can enjoy the weekend. Surprisingly, I've been able to keep up with the house and laundry this week, so I don't really have any chores for the weekend. Wouldn't that be nice if DH could be the house husband?

Lisa I hope that headache goes away soon. It is nice that you can set your own hours. I hope you enjoyed your quiet evening alone. Thanks, it is so much easier to take care of DD's hair.

Have a great day everyone.
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:13 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Cold and snowy here. I did get alot of cleaning done. I will have just a minor bit of chores and the laundry to do this weekend. It should be much more enjoyable. I hope I will be able to get to the stores I would like to on Saturday, but we will see how slick it is with these storms. I may be lucky to get to WalMart if what they are predicting actually pans out. Either way I am glad it is Friday!

Cindy that is great that you found a new option for groceries. Sounds like you will be having a nice relaxing weekend. I hope the auction planning goes well.

Lisa I hope your head is feeling better. Scrapper I hope your last minute preparations are fun.

Have a great day!!
Unread 01-10-2009, 09:50 AM

Good morning all

It has been so cold here. It snowed yesterday. Our Pioneer meeting went well. The girls had alot of fun making their dishes and they all turned out really yummy. I got to sleep in this morning which was nice. I'm not sure what's on the agenda today. Right now we are all just relaxing. I haven't even taken my shower yet, but I'm getting ready to do that. Tomorrow BDS class is hosting coffee hour at church and dd sings in the late service. It will be a busy morning.

Jan I hope you were able to get to the store. I hope you have a relaxing day with DH.

Scrapper I'll be thinking of you today at the party.

Have a nice day ladies.
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:33 PM

Good morning girls...

I just got out of the shower and jumped on real quick to say Hi

Today at 2 is Kerri's funeral. My sister is coming by at 1:15 to pick me up and we will go together. After the funeral, I plan on coming home and relaxing. I did all my shopping and errands yesterday, so I shouldn't have to leave the house again until Monday morning.

DH has inventory at his store at 2 in the AM. He will have to leave here around midnight. He is planning on laying down around 5 this afternoon and hopefully getting some sleep before he has to get ready. I hate being home alone at night. I'm sure I won't sleep very well tonight.

My headache is finally gone. By late yesterday afternoon it was finally easing up. I slept in until 9 today and when I got up it was gone

Jan I hope you made it to the stores today. And here I complain when it gets below 50.

Cindy congrats to your bds on their teams wins. How exciting for them.

Scrapper I'll be thinking of you later at your party. You have planned so long and I'm glad that it's finally here and you can enjoy all your hard work.

I need to go and dry my hair. I also need to iron my clothes for today. I'll talk with you all later.
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:55 AM

Hi Girls,

The weekend has been good so far, but not exactly as I had planned. Friday night my DH wanted to go out for mexican and then go to a wtrestling tournament at the HS. I don't know if I ever mentioned my DS was a long time wrestler, lettered his Freshman year, captain of his varsity squad in HS. So, needless to say my DH is a big wrestling fan. Then yesterday I did get to the store, but just the WalMart in town. That took long enough I could not get oout of town because of all the snow. Since DS went back to school, DH was at work, and YDD was at U 0f I for Theater camp, I had to handle all the shoveling. Since it has basically been non stop that took alot of time. I did not shovel after dark, so I did watch 2 movies then. I finished the sheets, and most of my/dh/gd laundry, but today I still have towels and all YDD's stuff. I took the Christmas ham bone out of the freezer and it is simmering in a big pot of split peas. It is still snowing out but DH said he will work on it when he gets home this afternoon. Thank goodness! I will concentrate on finishing the darn laundry.

Cindy I am glad pioneers went well. I hope the rest of the weekend is going along smoothly.

Lisa I hope you were able to sleep last night. I am used to doing that since I have been doing it for 23 years. It was a little stressful at first but I quickly got used to it. Hopefully, you won't have to do it again for awhile. I am glad your head is feeling better.

Well I have been up for a long time but never jumped in the shower. I need to get that done. Have a great day ladies!
Unread 01-11-2009, 03:49 PM

Today it is sunny and cold outside. I just came in and it felt good outside as long as I was standing in the sun. DH is getting ready to mow the front yard and I was helping him out back.

This morning I put some cut up stew meat with el pato sauce in the crock pot, so dinner will be burritos and spanish rice. The house smells really good right now. I think I'll make another apple crisp for dessert.

Last yesterday afternoon I was online and got an email from Bath and Body works about their semi annual sale. It is ending today. I ran to the mall and picked up some stuff last night. When I got home I remembered that I had a gift card that I hadn't used yet. So I had to return today and use that I got lots of good smelling stuff to last me for awhile.

The funeral yesterday was packed. I'm glad we went. The family seemed very appreciative that we were all there from the preschool.

DH got home from work around 11 this morning. He is still up and moving, but I know later this afternoon he will probably eat and then he is going to pass out. I did end up sleeping pretty good last night. I had the 3 dogs inside with me and I slept out on the couch with them. They are good protectors Lately they have all been sleeping inside, since it's so cold at night. Belle sleeps in her crate and Sunny and Jake usually sleep on the loveseat that I cover everynight with an old comforter. They are getting to be very spoiled guys.

Jan I'm glad you at least got to enjoy 2 of your movies. Snow shoveling???? Yikes, it's a good thing we don't have snow around here. I really enjoy working in my yards, but I don't think I could do the shoveling.

Since it's only 3:00 and still sunny outside, I think I'll go and take a walk. I have been slacking lately on my walking since it's been so cold. I know I need to keep up with it better than I have.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register