2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 295 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-11-2009, 05:33 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

The weekend has been both busy and relaxing. Yesterday DH and I went to our coffee shop. We had soup and a sandwich and a latte. They have really good soup. Then we stopped at Walmart and got a few things we needed. This morning we got up early to host coffee hour then went to the late service. After church we took the kid's to perkins. We we got home I cleaned and did all the laundry. Then I gave the little ones their baths and made supper. Even after all that It was still early enough to have some relaxation. I thought I'd take a break from relaxing and check in with you all.

Jan I'm sorry you had to do all that shoveling yourself. I've had to do that and it's no fun. I'm glad you got a chance to relax and watch a couple of movies.

Lisa my DH used to travel all the time and I was alone with the kid's for several nights in a row. At first it would freak me out, but now I'm happy to have the whole bed to myself. I hope you had a good walk.

Both of your dinners sound really yummy. Have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2009, 07:49 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a snowstorm today. They actually closed school at 1:00. That worked out nice because today was my hot lunch day and after my lunch duties, I got to take the kid's home. It was a mess out on the roads. I was so glad when me and the kid's got home that I didn't have to go out anymore. They finally started plowing tonight, but it's supposed to be below zero, so everything will be icy tomorrow. I put a roast in the crockpot this morning. It was a good day for it. I'm going to read for awhile then off to bed.

I hope you are all having a good evening.
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:33 PM

After reading about your snow and freezing temperatures, I feel guilty posting about our weather we had today. It started out very, very foggy this morning. By this afternoon the temperature reading on my car was saying 68 I was getting too warm because I was dressed in my thermals under my jeans. Once the sun started going down though it cooled back down really fast. It is supposed to be the same weather for the next couple of days.

I got off at 2 today and Andrew and I headed to Modesto to do some shopping. They didn't have the purse I was looking for, but we ended up having a nice afternoon. We stopped at Chilis for an early dinner before heading home.

Right now they are filming an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition in Fresno (1 hour away). They will finish on Thursday when the family returns home. We are thinking of taking a drive there tomorrow afternoon to check it out. Andrew gets off at 4 tomorrow, so by the time we would get there it would be close to getting dark and I don't know if we would really be able to see much. Decisions, decisions????

Cindy I just got cold reading your post. I'm trying to decide if we go tomorrow how many layers I'll have to wear, since we'll be out in the evening weather for a couple hours. If I was where you are, I probably wouldn't come out of the house until spring. Your dinner sounded perfect for a cold winters night. Stay warm.

It's late and I need to get to bed. I hope everyone had a nice relaxing evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2009, 07:05 AM

Hi Girls,

Yesterday was a long day. Mondays seem to be the hardest daays for me lately. We had snow and awful winds yesterday. The ride home from work was terrible, and I had to stop and get some supplies for a school project for ydd and get GD from daycare. I was so glad to get home. I made spaghetti for dinner and cleaned up but then i was so tired I watched about an hours televsion with DH and then went off to bed.

This morning I have sinus headache and I looked in my purse for sinus meds and I am out! It may be a long day.

Cindy your weekend sounded really nice. I did end up watching all 4 movies and for once they were all really good. That early dismissal was a good idea. I wish we would have had one here. At least I didn' have to do all the shoveling last night because DH was home. He is working today so if we get a bunch I will have to shovel today. let's hope it hold off until tomorrow.

Lisa your shopping trip sounds fun. I love shopping for purses, even though I already have way too many. DH does not understand this, but purses are the perfect accessory and they don't have to be tried on. I have to agree that I have a feeling you probably would not be able to see much if you got anywhere near the makeover home. That is not a show that I normally watch so maybe I would feel differently if I was a regular viewer.

Well I best get to work. I have to meet with the principal this morning to discuss the results of my first semester evaluation. I am looking forward to doing that.

Have a great day ladies!
Unread 01-13-2009, 08:49 AM

Good morning ladies,

It's 17 below zero this morning. It was not fun going out to take the kid's to school. DH had a car accident this morning right on our street. He's not hurt. He was going down our street and a high school girl was coming out of her townhome parking lot. She wasn't looking and plowed into him. He said he saw that she wasn't going to stop as he started to pass her parking lot. He sped up as fast as he could, luckily she only got the back end of the car. Otherwise she probably would have t-boned him. I'm going to make sloppy joes for supper.

Lisa your shopping trip sounds fun. It's nice to get to spend a day with your son. I'm sorry you didn't find the purse you wanted. I love purses too. They shot an episode of Extreme make over here as well. It was actually for some friends of a friend of mine from church. It aired December 13th. I don't know if you saw that one. Don't feel bad about complaining about your weather. It's a different climate and it is cold for you. Our principal just got back last night from a trip to California. It wasn't too pleasant for him coming back to our weather.

Jan I'm sorry you have a sinus headache. How awful to discover your out of meds. I'm glad you did end up watching 4 movies. Good luck on your evaluation.

Have a great day everyone.
Unread 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM

Hello ladies,

Finally checking in...we are still recovering from being so tired from all the festivities. When I got out of bed this morning, I felt more sore than I did yesterday. Last night we went to bed by 10 and I was out the minute my head hit the pillow.

Anyway....dd's bday party was a success!!!! She looked beautiful...like a princess. Her hair and make up turned out really nice. Her mass was beautiful and she read very well...she wasn't even nervous. The party was very nice...the room looked beautiful....white linens and chair covers. The bow on the chairs was a bright pink and the napkins a light pink. It was a pretty color combination. The floral arrangements were a combination of the pinks with white and some greens.

We had a great turnout. All of the family was there and lots of her friends came too...I was very happy about that. She was on the dance floor practically all night with her friends. she had a wonderful time.

she had a dance with dh and my dad. She surprised me....I was sitting at the head table when the DJ made an announcement. He called me to the dance floor as dd wanted to dance with me to a particular song. So I get to the dance floor and I ask her what song is it and she said "you'll see." it was "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Beddingfield. So we danced and after it was over the DJ gave the mic to dd and she said "this is my mom's favorite song and we always sing it in the car. She then came over to me and hugged me and started crying....I lost it too. I thought that was so sweet of her.

I will share some pics that I have on my camera. I'll email them sometime tonight.

No plans for me today...just relaxing. After my shower I'm going to work in my scrapbook room and get it cleaned up and organized. Then I'll pick dd up after school. I've been picking her up every day since I started driving again...I know she will miss that when I head back to work.

Hyper - glad to hear that no on was hurt in the accident. Hope the damage to the car wasn't too bad.

Keep warm with the very cold, snowy weather.

Have a great day.
Unread 01-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Scrapper,

The party sounds wonderful. The story of you and your DD at the party really touched me. You have such a close special relationship. I'm glad everything turned out good. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

You seem to be doing really well. When do you go back to work? I hope you have a relaxing time in your scrapbook room. That's nice that you have a room of your own for it. I don't scrapbook, but some of my friends do. They have alot of things and have a hard time finding space to do their scrapbooking.

Have a good day.
Unread 01-14-2009, 06:54 AM

Hi ladies,

Totally nasty here again. I was a bit perturbed earlier. GD and I were literally leaving the house this morning and the phone rang cancelling school. They should have done it about 2 hours earlier. I don't understand what the hesitancy is to cancel all the time. When the weather is this bad just do it and then we make it up in the summer. Not such a big deal but the powers that be around here just sometimes don't use common sense.

Cindy I am sorry about the car accident. Thank heavens your DH is ok. I hope it is not a major hassle when you get it fixed. My eval went great. Thanks for the well wishes.

Scrapper I am so glad you had such a great time at the party. What a sweet wonderful girl you have. I can't wait to see the photos.

Lisa I second what Cindy said about the weather. It is totally different for you so complain away! Did you take the drive or stay home? Well whichever you chose I hope you had a good evening.

Well since I am home I am going to do some laundry. Oh how annoying that it just never ends!
Unread 01-14-2009, 08:07 AM

Good morning ladies,

It snowed again last night and is 6 below. The kid's still had school. I was really surprised they cancelled at 1:00 the other day. I thought for sure yesterday with it being 17 below they might cancel or have a late start. But no, business as usual. The young gal's mom who hit DH called him last night and asked if he would not turn it in to the insurance and they would give him a couple hundred bucks. DH said no way, it's at least $1000.00 worth of damage. He's going to get an estimate this week. BDS has BB practice tonight. I have to take him, but DH said he would pick him up after. That saves me one trip. I'm making spaghetti tonight.

Jan I can understand your frustration. I aree, if the weather is bad enough, why be so hesitant about closing school. And certainly give everyone an ample notice, so they don't catch everyone leaving for school. They rarely ever close here, and there are some days I can't believe they won't close. I hope you enjoy your day off. I don't know about you, but it seems like it is just constant snow, ice and cold. I'm so tired of it. Spring is just a few months away!

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 01-14-2009, 09:50 AM

Cindy I agree this year just seems like constant cold, ice, and snow. Our superintendent never cancels for temperature and I doubt he ever will. His theory is that temperatures are very objective and if he does it once people will have a fit if he does not do it again. So we have gone to school at riduculous temperatures like -20 with -50 wind chill. He feels ice or snow are subjective so he can make the decision one time and the next time is not really comparable. Apparently it is so awful today that He had sent the buses out but there were drifts so bad that the buses could not get through and so they had to turn back. That I guess is the only reason he cancelled. He had plans to go in and probably was not too happy when he had to call off. It is just riduclous. We make all the days up. It is not worth risking anyone's safety. But administrators feel so much pressure from community members that feel faculty have the easiest job in the world, get summers, and holidays off and then you add in snow days and some of them flip. Complain like crazy. Especially in states like IL where we are funded through property taxes, community members think they should have the right to make all school decisions. My DH's response to that is always to laugh and remind people that their taxes pay the salary of the police too do they think they are going to go into the station and tell them what to do. As silly as that sounds it usually quiets the comments down.

My Dh would never have agreed not to submit it to insurance either. Those repairs always add up. I am glad your Dh is going to pick up so you don't have to be out so much. I can not wait until this cold snap passes but I don't think that is for awhile. I have meatballs in the crockpot and I am going to serve them with rice and veggies tonight.

You are right spring is just a few months away and I can already notice a little difference in the light in the evenings. hang in there!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register