2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 296 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-14-2009, 11:44 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Jan the school situation is ridiculous and it isn't worth putting anyone's safety at risk. We go on the public school's schedule, so our school cannot make the decision whether to close or not. We have to abide by the public school's decision. All of our teacher's live in our town, but I know that alot of our public school teacher's and other staff members do not, and some have a considerable way to drive.

Your dinner sounds really good. I think we have a ways to go before our cold snap breaks, as well.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2009, 12:12 PM

Hi girls...

Andrew and I did end up heading to Fresno yesterday. We left at 4:30 and were at the home site by 6:00. We had to park at the convention center and then take a shuttle bus to the house. I am so glad that we decided to go I thought we wouldn't be able to get close enough to really see anything. I was wrong. We ended up getting right up to the front of the railing. It was so much fun seeing it all come together in front of our eyes. While we were there they got all the outside concrete poured (sidewalk, driveway and walkway up to the front door). I took some pictures and once my boys show me how to send them you girls are going to get bombed with pictures. Ty wasn't on site last night, but we did get to see the designer Michael as he was leaving in a van. I guess they are doing another makeover in Texas and Ty has been flying back and forth between both sites. On of my coworkers has a daughter that is a police office in Fresno. My coworker had told me to look out for her, since she was assigned to be working on the site. She came walking by and was surprised to see us there. We chatted for a few minutes and then she had to get back to work. Her Mom was glad that we got to see her. She was telling us that they are installing a $10,000 security system on the house. The lady that they are building it for was born with no legs and one functioning arm. She is a single mother if 4 and works a full time job. She will be able to set the alarm system with a small remote or with a pad installed right next to her bed. She will also have cameras to see what is going on inside and outside of her home. Her last house was not wheelchair friendly, so her life now should be so much easier. The show will air in March and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Scrapper your dd party sounded wonderful. I can't wait to see pictures. You have a very sweet girl

Jan I'm sorry that they cancelled at the last minute on you, but now you can stay in and stay warm. I'm sending spring vibes your way

Cindy I'm glad no one was hurt in your dh accident. It is amazing how a little fender bender can add up quickly. I hope you stay warm today as well. I'm also sending those spring vibes to you, too.

I hate to post about our weather, but it is warming up here. Yesterday was 67 and today is supposed to be 68. Of course, I will still wear my thermals. These warmer temps are supposed to stick around for a few days It still gets near freezing at night.

I am so lazy today. I need to get dressed and head to Super Target. That will be my only store today. DH is off today and I'm just not in the mood to work. It won't be a long day at work for me.

Tomorrow morning I have been asked to transport for the preschool. One of the drivers needs the morning off. I will have to be out of the house by 7. I don't know how I'm going to do that. Since I haven't worked there, I have gotten used to sleeping in. It should be interesting in the morning around here.

I am going to get dressed now and head to work. I hope you all have a nice day and stay warm.
Unread 01-15-2009, 12:27 AM

Just letting you know that you should have pictures. Andrew was over this afternoon and showed me how to send them. The computer was acting up, so I finally got them to go through tonight. I think Matthew created a monster by giving me that camera. I'll try not to send too many.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2009, 09:13 AM

Good morning ladies,

After all my complaining yesterday, they actually closed school today. It's 21 below with a windchill of 40 below. They rarely ever close school for temps. But I don't remember it being this cold in a long time. They said on the news that this is the coldest morning in 5 years. Needless to say the kids are happy. They are all hanging out in their jammies relaxing. I am so glad I don't have to go out today. I'm going to make a pot of chili, that just sounds good to me on this cold day.

Lisa thanks for the pictures. You have a nice family. I liked your sister's cake. She seemed to take it well. That home edition house is beautiful. I like that show. Do you know when this one will air? I'll have to be sure to catch it. Your doggies and kitties are so cute. Do the cats and dogs get along?

Jan I'm wondering if you're back to school today or did you get a two fer? Stay warm.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 01-15-2009, 11:14 AM

Hi Girls,

It is -20 here. Just absolutely nasty,but life is going on for everyone as usual. We have been spoiled because I think it has been a couple of years since we had a stretch like this. We mostly worry about GD. We keep her inside as much as possible and bundle her up like a cocoon just to go from house to car. I think we are going to have leftovers for dinner tonight.

Lisa your photos were great. Your sister looked like she was having fun. Matthew looks alot like you. I love your living room. I wish mine was that large! In our last house we had a much bigger living room, but at the time we needed to move up to have a fourth bedroom. I wish I could switch back to my 3 bedroom ranch now. I love your bookcases too. Your furry babies are all so cute. GD would love to visit them.

Cindy I am glad you don't have to go out today. Chili is the perfect food for a day like today. Enjoy your day. Lots of hot chocolate in order for all of us!
Unread 01-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Hi ladies,

I emailed some pics to you of dd earlier this morning. I don't get tired of looking at them and how beautiful she looks.

I've been lounging all morning...still have to shower. I would like to go to bookstore and use my gift card. We will see if I get motivated enough to go. Other than that I'm just enjoying my last couple of weeks being at home. I'm scheduled to go back to work on Feb. 2nd. I know my boss is anxious for my return.

I've been picking dd up after school, and I know she is going to miss that once I"m back at work.

Yesterday I went out and did some shopping with gift cards from christmas and bday. It was nice taking my time and not being rushed.

Lisa - thanks for sharing your pics. Love the one with the dogs and the caption. I tell our dogs the same thing. How exciting that you got to see the Extreme Makeover preparation.

Hyper & Mrswillie - keep warm with all the cold weather you're having.

Have a great day.
Unread 01-15-2009, 10:57 PM

It seems like today lasted forever. I transported for the preschool and got to see my boyfriend. Then I went and did two of my stores. I got off at 2 today and came home and cleaned a little. Tonight for dinner we grilled steaks and we had baked potatoes and salad. It was 67 today, so a nice evening for grilling.

I called my Dr. this afternoon and got an appointment for tomorrow morning. I discovered a lump in my breast over the weekend. It was the same area that I had to have my ultrasound back in August. I never could feel the lump after they discovered it, but something has made it get much larger in the past week. Yesterday my whole breast started hurting, so I decided a trip to the Dr. was in order. It feels like when I was nursing my boys as babys and had mastitis.

Last night on the news they were updating the makeover show and yesterday they painted the house yellow. I thought it was already painted when we were there. Yellow is my favorite color, but I'm not sure I like it on that house. The family came home this afternoon and the show will air on March 8th. I'm going to try and find the house tomorrow when I'm in Fresno for my appointment. I'm taking my camera and will try and get a picture of the finished house.

Cindy I'm glad they cancelled school for today. I hope you all enjoyed a day of staying inside and your chili sounds perfect for a day like today. To answer your question about the cats and dogs getting along. No, they don't. We have to keep them separated. The dogs are only in at night to sleep. During the day they are out in the backyard. Before I let them in for the night, I lock the cats in the bedroom and then the cats sleep in the bedroom with me. After the dogs are let out for the day, the cats can come out of the bedroom. Some evenings it's like a 3 ring circus in here keeping them apart.

Jan I hope you were able to stay warm today. -20????OMG You could always come and bring gd to play with my zoo here and then head back home once spring arrives My dh built the bookcases in our living room. Since he hunts we have a large gun safe for all his shotguns. He built the bookcase/cabinets to go around the gun safe. It is nice to have additional storage.

Scrapper I'm going to have to check my email for your pictures. I can't wait to see them. Aren't those lazy mornings nice?

I need to go do my dog duty for the evening and them I'm going to watch some TV and then head to bed.

Jan
Unread 01-16-2009, 09:44 AM

Good morning ladies

The kid's and I had a nice relaxing day yesterday. The chili hit the spot. Today is the same temp but back to normal. It was not fun going out this morning. Tomorrow is DH's birthday, so I'll make his cake today. I haven't even gotten out to get his gift yet. BDS has a basketball game at 11:00 tomorrow morning, so I'll run out before the game and get the gift. The kid's are off of school Monday, so that will be a nice three day weekend. I think I'm going to suggest ordering pizza for supper tonight.

Scrapper it's nice that you got to have a relaxing morning. You have to take advantage of that while you can. Are you looking forward to going back to work, or are you getting used to being home?

Jan I actually did make hot chocolate yesterday. Keeping those kiddies bundled up is so important in this weather. We are supposed to have 20-30 degree temps next week. That will feel great! I hope you're heading for a warm up as well.

Lisa I think you made the right decision to see the doctor. I hope it goes well, let us know. When I saw the pics of the house I thought it was already painted as well. Yellow is a nice color, but I agree, I don't know if it will fit with that house. I'll be sure to catch that episode.

I hope you all have a great day.
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:21 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well tonight should be the worst of it for now. It was -24 when I left for work this morning. After the lows tonight the temps are suppose to start rising tomorrow. By Sunday it is supposed to be 24-Woohoo a heat wave! I have to say today after work I went and picked up videos and stopped to do some grocery shopping. Now granted I was properly dressed, but I did not feel that bad. I am actually getting used to it as sad as that is! I won't tell DH or he might start talking about heading farther north and I don't want that. He hates the heat and would be thrilled if I would be more like him. I don't think that is going to happen!

Cindy sorry you had to go back into it today. I am glad you had a nice day yesterday. I made hot chocolate last night too. We have Monday off here too. I am going to bake some oatmeal scotchies that my DH has a taste for sometime this weekend. What kind of cake are you baking for your DH?

Scrapper your photos were great. Your daughter really looked like a princess. Her dress was beautiful, the necklace was perfect and I loved the tiara. I am glad you are feeling well enough to actually be able to enjoy some of your time off from work.

Lisa your DH is talented. Those bookcases are beautiful. Does he hire out? I am glad you are having a doctor appointment. I hope it is just related to the fibrous cysts you told us about but better to get an expert opinion. Please let us know how it goes. Sometimes I like yellow houses. I think it depends on the shade of yellow. I would not normally picture that style of house in yellow but I will wait and see before I decide.

Well I have a pizza in the oven ready to come out. Have a nice evening ladies.
Unread 01-16-2009, 09:44 PM

Hi ladies,

I made it through the day. DH called on his way home from work and suggested we go out for dinner. I really didn't want to bundle the kid's up and go back out. It wasn't bad. The van was warmed, DH dropped us off at the door and pulled up for us when we were done. We went to my favorite mexican restaurant. BDS' basketball coach called to let us know the other team cancelled for tomorrow, so no game. That's o.k., now I can sleep in. I'm feeling all warm and cozy in my jammies and robe. I think I'll read a little before bed.

Jan I made a dark chocolate cake. Chocolate is always a hit in our family. I'm glad you got your shopping done and movies, so you can snuggle in for the weekend. I'm glad you get a three day weekend as well. mmm, oatmeal scotchies sound yummy. You could move here and we can complain about the weather together in person!

Scrapper, even though I emailed you, I have to say one more time how beautiful your DD looked on her big night. I hope you have a nice weekend.

Lisa I hope your enjoying your evening.

Sleep well everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register