2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 297 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-17-2009, 08:28 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

Well it is actually above zero currently, hurray! GD has slept in this morning and because of the midweek day off and doing 2 loads last night I am already caught up on laundry. This truly is an amazing day, lol! I have to go to the bank to transfer some money for my DS and ODD went to the doctor and got a new prescription so she wants GD and I to go with her to pick out some new eyeglasses and stop at WalMart. GD will be thrilled about that. Other than that no plans for the entire weekend except cooking dinners, baking the scotchies, and watching some movies I rented. We shall see how it all plays out but it looks promising.

Cindy chocolate cake sounds heavenly. I hope it is above zero at your place as well. I have to say, I apologize for complaining because I am very happy that the temps are going in the right direction, but it is cloudy and windy so unfortunately it still feels quite cold. Yet at least we know warmer days are on the way! I like the idea of if we ever move North moving to your area. If he ever really gets on a kick for it I will have to make it a stipulation.

Scrapper I hope you are having a nice weekend with your family.

Lisa I hope you had good news at the doctor and are relaxing in some of your beautiful weather.

I can't believe I forgot to tell you all this. MY ydd is camping this weekend! She is in a platform cabin, more of a shack if you ask me, so there is good wind protection, but still cold, no hot water, etc. She is with the same church group she was with most of last summer. Her and my DS both love camping in all weather. The 2 of them could easily move up to Northwoods. They don't get that from Mama, lol. For a while DH, I , and Dh's good friend would rent a lakehouse in St Germain, Wisconsin and spend some time up there in the summer. Long story but my famiy used to own a summer lake cottage in the Minocqua area when I was growing up. We used to spend every summer there. They sold it in 1989 or 1990. MY DH loved going there so him and his buddy got the idea to rent the house. Well the men used to love going fishing, and YDD would go fishing or she would swim in the lake. I would read on the deck or ODD and I would stay in the house cooking and watching satellite dish! That drove my DH crazy but his buddy thought it was great. ODD is not a bit outdoorsy. I thought it was a huge improvement because our old ottage did not even have tv ever. I thought it was a great compromise something everyone liked to do, lol.

Well GD is wrapped up in cartoons so I better get in the shower. Have a great day ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2009, 11:31 AM

I slept in this morning and now it's time to get moving around here. My house is a disaster and I need to get it back in some type of order today. DH is off today, so that is going to make it hard. Right now he is out hunting, but when he returns we are going to Home Depot to hopefully buy some new doors for our house. He is going to re-do all the bedroom and bathroom doors. We have the older ugly wood doors into those rooms and we are going to update with more modern doors and brass handles. I'm hoping we will have a successful trip there today. DH always has to have a project going, so this should keep him busy for awhile.

My appointment was okay yesterday. The Dr. did an ultrasound and said it's a fibrocystic cyst. He isn't convinced that it's the same one that I had back in August. It's slightly larger than in August and not exactly in the same position, but very close. He wants me to start taking 3 different vitamins (E, B6 and B100) and he thinks those should relieve some of the pain I am having. I go back in a month for a re-check. He said he may have to put a needle into it and drain out the fluid. Hopefully it will start shrinking. I have a really funny story about my appt also. After I was done I went up to the front and was making my next appt and the Dr was standing next to me and we were further discussing this darn cyst. I hear the exam room door in back of me open and then I hear "Hey Lisa" I start looking around and my next door neighbor is in there for an appointment also. She saw my car when she drove in and then heard us out there talking. The Dr. said we need to communicate better and ride together next time to save on gas. She goes back next month also, so when she made her appointment she asked if she could come the same time as me. Her appt is at 9:30 and mine is at 9:45. The Dr. told her that since I was first this time she could be first next time.

After I got done at the Dr. I went shopping at the mall there. They have so many stores. I ended up with a new pair of pants. I really didn't have a lot of time to shop, but I still enjoyed being there. After the mall I headed out to find the house. I took a few wrong turns, but I eventually found the neighborhood. I couldn't even get near the house. All the roads were still blocked off and there were police everywhere. I guess today is the day that everything will be cleaned up and life gets back to normal around there. I did come across their bus that they travel in and use for the reveal. It was parked on a side street and I was able to get a picture of that All in all it was a nice day yesterday. Once I got back into town here I did have one more store to do before my week was complete. Now I can enjoy me weekend.

Yesterday when I was in Fresno driving around I had my windows in my car down and it felt so good. It was 70. Today we are supposed to be 67 and then slightly cooler for the next few days. I cannot believe it is January with these temps we are having. You girls would have been proud of me yesterday. I didn't even put on my thermals

Jan I'm glad you're having warmer weather. I hope your ydd manages to stay warm this weekend. BRRRRRRRR...Your cottage story was really neat. Some people just aren't meant to be campers. We all love it here except Matthew. He would be in the cottage with you watching the TV. It sounds like you're in for a relaxing weekend. I hope it works out that way for you.

Cindy to your dh. His cake sounds really yummy. I love my chocolate. I hope you are enjoying your little heatwave also.

Scrapper thanks for the pictures. Your dd did look like a princess. Her dress was beautiful. What amazing memories you will cherish for a lifetime.

I need to jump in the shower. DH said he would be home by noon today and I don't want him to think I was being lazy all morning

Have a great day.
Unread 01-17-2009, 11:59 AM

Lisa I am so glad to hear that everything went well at the doctor. You sound like you have a nice weekend planned after your cleaning. Enjoy!

I may have mentioned this before that DH does not like to tent camp as DS and YDD do but he does like to go in a cabin or in a pull behind trailer. We went on many camping trips when our kids were little in a trailer. Including 2 that were a month each. DH would always stay in State parks and we never had tv or amenities. I liked the sight seeing we did and the campfires, but the rest was not for me, especially the state park shower house. so the lakehouse was a much better compromise for all of us. We have not rented a house for a long time since our kids were big enough to have jobs, etc that made scheduling really hard. Now if we ever do it again certainly ODD and DS would not come so I won't have a tv partner anymore. I might have to call and invite Matthew.

GD went upstairs to supposedly watch DH fill the humidifier. Well she always seems to get into mischief when she goes upstairs. Somehow she took one of her sippy cups up there (how Dh did not notice this is a whole other story!) and she spilled a cup of red plum juice on my light blue and white quilt! I have it in the laundry right now. Hopefully I can get it out. Alot of her sippies are getting old and I am noticing more leaking. I threw that cup out. I refrained from losing my temper but right now I would like to put them both in time out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2009, 03:39 PM

Hi ladies,

It's been a nice day so far. We are above zero also, hurray! It's windy here too, so it doesn't feel all that much warmer. I went to our thrift store this morning. I got two pair of slacks for church, a new pair of levis and 6 sweaters. What I paid for all of it is less than I would have paid for the jeans at a regular store. It's all name brand clothing. I was happy. But, gee, here it is DH's birthday and I'm buying stuff for myself. Actually, I sent him to the hobby shop that he likes, to buy himself a new slot car for his birthday. I felt a little guilty not having a gift, but he was happy about going to pick his car, so all is well. He's on his way back, then we are taking him out for his birthday dinner and we'll come back and have cake. I don't know where he'll choose to go.

Jan love your camping story. I am not an outdoors person or adventurous for that matter. My DH is just the opposite. We used to go tent camping several times every summer when BDS was little. I hated it. My DD is the only outdoorsy child in our home and the adventurous one. DH and her have a similar personality. I'm sorry about your quilt. I never had much luck with the sippy cups when the kids were little. They always seems to leak. Did ODD find a pair of glasses she likes?

Lisa I'm happy your appt. went well. That' s a funny story about your neighbor. I'm glad you got to sleep in. You had a busy day yesterday, but it sounds like it was enjoyable. And even thermal free! Good luck with your door shopping.

Well, I'd better make sure the kid's are all ready to go. Have a good evening.
Unread 01-18-2009, 11:44 AM

I slept in again this morning I got up and started cleaning. It was such a nice day yesterday I didn't get accomplished what I had planned on. Today I'm the only one home, so it will be much easier to get my cleaning done. I got the bathrooms done so far. I still need to dust, vacuum and get the kitchen floor moped. I want to color my hair before I take a shower, also. I'm hoping later this afternoon to get outside and work in the yard. It is going to be another warm afternoon, so I want to take advantage of it.

Jan I hope you were able to get your quilt clean. It amazes me sometimes how dhs can't see what is going on around them.

Cindy you got some great bargains yesterday. Where did you end up going for you dh birthday dinner?

I better get back to my cleaning. The sooner I get done inside, the sooner I can get outside into the sunshine
Unread 01-18-2009, 12:08 PM

Hi Ladies,

Not much going on. We slept in a bit. Just hanging out with DH while GD plays. Yesterday GD and I wnet with ODD and she picked out some really cute glasses. We bought GD two hooded sweaters and some chicken to have for dinner. We came home, ODD's BF came over for dinner then they played with GD until she went to bed and then we watched Barret Jackson auction until they left and we went to bed. A little later DH is going to watch his football games and I will watch movies I rented. GD will circulate in between making her mischief.

I was able to get the stain out of the quilt. The quilt is all cotton and it shrunk a little because of the high heat I had to use but at least it is clean.

Lisa you are right about those DH's aaarrrgghhh! I hope the cleaning goes quick so you can get out in that gorgeous weather. Send some this way will ya?
Unread 01-18-2009, 10:27 PM

Hi ladies,

Hope the weekend has gone well so far.

On Friday I started physical therapy. So I'm up to 10 exercises/stretches now. The new ones are harder on my body as they are stretching my back out. This week I have 2 sessions scheduled.

Yesterday we went to my sister in law's house to celebrate my niece's bday. She turned 25. The weather was nice out so they grilled chicken and steaks with baked potatoes and salad. They had a yummy chocolate cake.

Earlier today dd's best friend came over for a sleep over. For dinner we met my sisters & my nieces for dinner. The girls are doing their own thing...they made chocolate covered strawberries, did a facial and now they are doing manicures on each other. We'll see what they want to do tomorrow.

Thanks for all the comments about dd's pictures. i can't wait to see the pics from the photographer. I also had disposable cameras at each table. I'm going to get them processed on a CD first this way I can pick what I want to develop.

Hyper - hope dh had a good bday. I'm getting used to staying home. It would be nice to stay home but unfortunately have to work. Especially now with the economy.

Well I'm going to check on the girls. Good night.
Unread 01-19-2009, 09:32 AM

Good morning ladies

We had nice weekend. Saturday night DH chose Green Mill for his birthday dinner. If you're not familiar with that restauarant they specialize in chicago style deep dish pizza which is what we had. It was good. Then we came back and had the cake. It was good. Yesterday we went to church and Walmart. We spent the evening relaxing. The kid's are off school today and DH took a day off. We are all relaxing right now. Not sure what the day holds.

Lisa I hope you got the rest of your house cleaned and your yard work done. It always seems to go so much faster when noone is home. When I'm alone, and I have cleaning planned, I actually don't mind it, because I can get so much accomplished much faster.

Jan I'm glad the stain came out of your quilt. It sounds like you had a nice day with ODD and GD. We watched Barrett Jackson as well last night. It's amazing what the bids are for those cars.

Scrapper it sounds like you had a nice weekend. Your DD and her friend did alot of fun things. That's really nice. I hope your physical therapy goes well this week.

Have a nice day everyone.
Unread 01-19-2009, 01:49 PM

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday went off as planned. DH watched all his football, I watched movies and GD made lots of mischief. YDD returned from her camping trip happy and well. Today I took GD to daycare. I did all our laundry plus all YDD's camp laundry. I cleaned up the house and finished up a pile of hemming. In about 45 minutes I am going to pick up GD. We are going to have chicken casserole for dinner.

Scrapper sounds like you are making great progress in physical therapy. Your weekend sounds really nice and grilled steak sounds great.

Cindy I am glad DH's birthday was fun. I was not familiar with that restaurant but it sounds good. It is amazing what those cars go for. I can't even imagine having that kind of money to spend. I don't know how late you all watched but that was the first time I ever saw an airplane on there!

Well ladies I haope you have a nice evening.
Unread 01-19-2009, 07:58 PM

Our weather here is so confused right now. I'm not complaining though. Today it was 71 We will have one more nice day tomorrow and then we will cool down some and get some rain Wednesday night. I worked out in the front yesterday pruining some bushes. It felt so good out in the fresh sunshine. I thought about you girls and your freezing temperatures. Scrapper I saw on the news tonight that LA has been having record breaking highs, so I know you are probably enjoying this warmer weather also.

Today I put some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot with a can of cream of chicken soup. They turned out really good. I also fixed mashed potatoes and green beans. I just finished cleaning up the kitchen and put a batch of brownies in the oven. I swear I'm having PMS today. All I've wanted to eat is chocolate. Nice warm brownies should hit the spot

Jan I'm glad the quilt came clean. Even if it shrunk a bit, at least the stain is gone. It sounds like you had a productive day today. I wish I could send this weather your direction. Maybe you should just plan a trip this way until spring time arrives

Cindy it sounds like your dh had a nice birthday. I have never heard of the restaurant, but it sounds yummy.

Scrapper it sounds like the girls had a fun evening. Good luck with your physical therapy.

This afternoon when dh got off work and changed we went for a walk. When we were on the bike path in back of our house we were coming up to my boyfriends house and I could hear some little voices on the other side of the fence. I said, "Is that Z back there"? He couldn't see me through the fence, but he asked, "Is that you Miss Lisa"? He came up to the fence and then he could see me in between the slats. He was so cute. Him and his buddy were back there playing and having a good time.

I'm going to go check on my brownies. Later I'll do my doggie duty for the evening and then I'm heading to bed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register