2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 298 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-20-2009, 06:44 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi

Yesterday was a nice day. DH had some errands to run. The kids and I lazed around and watched T.V. Back to the routine today. Either today or tomorrow I need to go grocery shopping. BDS has BB practice this afternoon. It's supposed to be in the 20's and 30's the next few days. We'll have to enjoy it, it's back down to single digits on Friday.

Jan I'm glad YDD made it back from camp happy and healthy. You got alot accomplished yesterday.

Lisa your "boyfriend" sounds so cute. It's nice that you still get to see him once in awhile. Those warm brownies sounded heavenly.

I hope you all have a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2009, 09:49 PM

It was another beautiful day here today. I got off work at 3 today, and when I got home I went for a walk. It was so nice out in the sunshine. It was even a thermal free day today I thought about you girls as I was enjoying my warm, sunny day. I was sending warmer vibes your way.

After my walk I went to Costco and bought Belle another bed. Right outside our sliding glass door we have a box up off the ground with a bed in there for Belle to use during the day. Those ding dong boys (Sunny and Jake) have started tearing up her old bed. There wasn't much left of it. It was older and falling apart, but if they start tearing this one up I'm going to be upset with them. Hopefully they'll leave it alone.

Tonight for dinner I fed dh leftovers from last night. I didn't have lunch until 3 today when I got off work. I wasn't hungry at dinner time, but I'm sure later I'll get hungry. I'll have a little snack later on to hold me over till morning.

Cindy I also need to get some grocery shopping done. I'll go tomorrow after work. It sounds like you had a relaxing day yesterday with your family.

I hope you all have a relaxing evening.
Unread 01-21-2009, 06:42 AM

Good morning ladies,

I didn't go grocery shopping yesterday. I decided to do a little cleaning instead. Today LDS and I have to go to Kohls, target and get groceries. Last night I made bbq pulled pork for supper. I'll decide what to make tonight after I get groceries.

Lisa sending your warm vibes must have worked. We are going to enjoy 30 degree weather today and tomorrow. That's warm for us. But then it's supposed to get really cold again, so keep those vibes coming. I hope those naughty kitties don't tear up Belle's bed.

Have a nice day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2009, 10:13 AM

Hello Ladies,

Yesterday was a busy day. I got alot accomplished at work, not so much at home. I made baked flounder and rice for dinner last night. I have pepper steak cooking in the crockpot for tonight. DH started a project. We have a large walk in closet in our upstairs hallway. It is a shared closet and has also accumulated some junk. DH wants to tear off the plaster then put up insulation and new sheet rock. Last night I had to help him empty the closet out. It would not have been a bad job if I was doing it with someone else. DH has a hard time, more than a hard time, getting rid of anything. He just moans and whines about wasting money, wastefullness etc. So naturally we ended up arguing because I have a completely different outlook and quite honestly don't really care about the monetary value of things I no longer want around wasting space. It was nothing serious, it is over today but did not make for the most enjoyable evening last night. I expect tonight to be much better.

Cindy we have the same exact weather forecast this week. You picked a good day to run your errands. I hope you find some good deals at Kohls. They have lot of nice stuff there.

Lisa your boyfriend story was so cute! Great job on all that walking. You really are doing great. I can't wait to get off the treadmill and out into some nice 70 degree weather one of these days.

Have a good day ladies!
Unread 01-21-2009, 04:03 PM

Our warm, sunny weather has left us Today it is cooler and raining off and on. Oh well, we really need the rain, so I'll put up with it. I guess I'll be skipping my walk today.

DH is off today, so I only worked until 11 this morning. He went out hunting and is now napping on the couch. I did my grocery shopping and still need to go get some cash and fill up my car with gas. It is going up everyday here. Today the cheapest is $2.05 a gallon. DH is also going to fill his truck up. Tomorrow he has to go to Fresno to a meeting. I sure hope it doesn't go as high as it was during the end of last summer.

On Saturday when we went to Home Depot to get the new doors, we decided to also get new doors for the rental that Andrew is living in. They were short 5 doors and went ahead and ordered them. We paid for them and they said they would be in some time this week. Yesterday at 5, I got a call from them asking when we planned on picking them up. She sounded kind of annoyed that we hadn't picked them up yet. I told her that this was the first call we had informing us they were back in stock. She said to call before we came, so they could be sure to have them in the front waiting for us. DH got home and called them at 6 and said he was coming to get them. He goes there and they have no idea where the doors are at @@. We are waiting for them to find them and hopefully call us today, so dh can pick them up later on today.

I am going to fix beef burgandy for dinner tonight. I will serve it over rice with a salad and some garlic bread.

Cindy I'm glad you're having warmer weather. Enjoy it while you can. I hope you and lds had a successful shopping trip today. We are supposed to get a Kohls here. Our Mervyns closed and the building is going to be turned into a Kohls. It isn't the kitties that are tearing up Belles bed. It's the dogs that are doing it. It survived the early morning hours with them out there. Belle wouldn't get off of it for them to tear it up this morning. She was really enjoying it. I put it in the garage once I went out to feed them this morning.

Jan your dinner tonight sounds yummy. My dh is like yours. Mine can't part with anything. I usually get rid of a little bit at a time and he doesn't seem to notice. His Mom is a real bad pack rat, so I guess he comes by it naturally.

I need to go and wake dh up. I can hear him snoring all the way in here. I'm not sure what we'll do the rest of the afternoon. Hopefully make a trip to Home Depot
Unread 01-21-2009, 05:04 PM

Hi ladies,

Our weather has cooled off today...we were having very warm weather...high 80's. Today is cloudy and has been raining off and on. It is supposed to continue through Friday.

Today I went to scrapbook store that I don't go to very often mostly because it is about a 30 minute drive from home. I'm glad I went though because I found paper and stickers for the album I'm going to put together of dd's bday party. After that I went to the mall in that area as I had a gift card. So I went to 2 stores and found some things...cards, frames and a basket for dd's lip glosses.

I made it back home in time to pick her up from school. They are on a minimum day schedule due to finals. Tomorrow is the last day of finals and they are off on Friday for the semester break. She's looking forward to sleeping in.

Lisa - glad that your doctor appt went well. Yes, we were enjoying our very warm weather. On Monday I was out watering in the front yard while dd and her friend walked the dogs. Our Mervyns closed too, and I was so sad. I think a Kohls will be opening in it's place.

Mrswillie - I can so relate to the closet cleaning out with dh. I'm the one getting rid of the stuff and he's like why are you throwing that out. ..ugh!!!

Hyper - glad you got all your errands and grocery shopping done.

Dinner will be leftovers for tonight. WEll off to check on dd and her friend. She came home with us after school.

Enjoy the afternoon.
Unread 01-22-2009, 06:52 AM

Good morning ladies

I'm tired this morning. LDS and I did our shopping yesterday. We had a nice time. I ended up putting frozen pizza in the oven for supper. This is supposed to be our last warmer day, then the artic cold hits again. It's gotta to end soon, right? DH and BDS will go to their slot car league tonight. I think I might rent a movie for DD, LDS and I to watch tonight.

Jan I understand your frustration with your DH. I do not like doing projects like that with my DH. Although my DH is more the opposite. He would want to throw everything away that he doesn't feel has a purpose. Including anything that's mine or the kid's that we use, but he doesn't see us using it. Those men! We love em anyway.

Lisa that's really frustrating when you have situations like your's at home depot. And sometimes I get the impression that they somehow think it's your fault. I like Kohls, they are affordable and have nice things. They always have really good clearance racks.

Scrapper I'm glad you found some things for dd's birthday album. That will be really nice. Our Mervyns closed as well. They put a Von Maur in it's place.

I better wake up the kids. Have a good day.
Unread 01-22-2009, 01:33 PM

Hi ladies,

It's me again, just checking in. DH worked from home this morning, so I didn't have to wake LDS up when I took the other kids to school. He actually slept in and I got the house cleaned while he was sleeping. I put some boneless beef ribs in the crockpot. I put some seasoning salt on them and bbq sauce. I'll have coleslaw, baked beans, and fried potatoes with it. Since I got my cleaning and laundry done this morning, LDS and I have been able to play and have fun today. I have about 6 episodes of ER taped on T.V. I started watching that show when it first started and never lost interest. This is the final season and I'm sad. Anyhow since BDS and DH will be gone, I'm going to try to catch up on a couple after I put the little ones to bed tonight.

I hope you are all having a good day.
Unread 01-22-2009, 03:52 PM

Hello ladies. I bet you all thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth. Okay, so at times I thought I did too. Have had a lot going on, sorry I've been gone for so long. I've been so sick. I have been having the worst headaches of my entire life and it's just been so debilitating. The holidays were so bad. Didn't even put up a tree or wrap one single gift. I've been to a neurologist, had an MRI and had a million other tests done and it's just been a mess with a bunch of medication and no real results/diagnosis. I finally got fed up decided to start over with a new doctor. I went yesterday. It was the first real sign of hope I've had in a long time. I mean really, how do you have a headache since Thanksgiving that won't go away? Anyway, we're starting over and he thinks he can help me. He actually wants to have me tested for sleep apnea which I would have never dreamed of. It was funny he was asking me all of these questions. do you snore, I'm like DH says I do but I beg to differ, I've never heard myself...do you wake up gasping for air...yeah, doesn't everyone...do you wake up feeling like you haven't slept...again, yeah, doesn't everyone, I mean this is life isn't it? He was like ummm, no not really...I was like oh I thought it was just all a part of life...anyway, it's been so horrible...I was up last night literally crying my eyes out, just so tired of being tired and not feeling good, it's just been tough. Work has been so bad and that hasn't helped. I'm grateful to have a job in these times but just don't want to come to work every day feeling mistreated either. The drama has been so childish and when you choose not to participate, oh it really gets ugly then...
Okay, enough whining from me!!!!

One thing I realized is how much I missed all of you. I hope you guys have been doing good and that you enjoyed your holidays. Today I finally feel like things are getting better (okay it could be the narcotics he gave me too ) and I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm climbing back and I have really missed all of you...
Unread 01-22-2009, 09:01 PM

We had rain today and no sunshine. We really need the rain, so I'm not going to complain. Spring will be here before we know it. More rain in the forecast in the next few days. I was off work today by 2. It was nice to come home and relax for a bit.

Cindy I hope you enjoyed your last "warm" day. Your dinner tonight sounded really good. I hope you get to catch up on your shows tonight.

(((Grateful))) I'm so sorry you are still not feeling better. No one should have to have a headache for that long. I hope you are now on the right track with this new Dr. You have been missed here and check back in when you can.

After doggie duty tonight I plan on watching some TV and then heading to bed. I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register