2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Wasn't that bad!

Well I was admitted in the castle oct 4 at 7 am. They set an IV in the pre op room, kissed my husband bye bye and was wheeled to the OR.
The next thing I remember was opening my eyes still in the OR someone told the dr I was awake and he came near me to tell that everything came out fine and that he was surprised to see the size of my uterus. I was taken to the recovery room where I was awake part of the time. There I had some nauseas, they put a medicine through my IV which took an eternity to cause an effect. I went to my room around 4 pm still vomiting. I had to stay 5 nights due to a little rip my bladder suffer during the procedure. I had the epidurial for 48 hours.
Fast forward to today sunday oct 21, well almost 20 days have passed, I feel ok, some pain, no need for pain killers anymore. I get tired of sitting down or standing up for long periods of time. I sleep a lot, but overall I think it has been a great recovery. My parents and hubby have pampered me as a princess. Had a follow up appointment with dr still no driving, no carrying no sex. But thanks God is over and done. Good luck to every one in your recovery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2007, 05:31 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

i also don't have a checkup til 6 week mark, nov 20. i had TAH, so how come some of you have 2 weekly checkups, just wondering.
I don't have any oozing at woundbut it feels lumpy at the sides of the incision wound.
i went for 25 min walk this morning before the rain came. had so much windy rainy weather that i grab the days i can walk.
today is 2 weeks since my op and am getting pain and itchy together so must be nerves healing maybe.
i have a mild sore back like some of you and when i stand up it hurts a bit.
but once i walk around a bit it gets better.
am sleeping heaps better now. next monday hope to go gently back to leading guiding. my other guide leader is having her hyster this thursday, so isn't that amazing. there's only the two of us leading guides in our unit. so hopefully i can take over from her with help from girls parents. my friend has her cut vertival so her recovery may take longer than me she thinks.
I hope she can recover well like me.
I have days when i am not so good but more when i am feeling like i am healing well.
you are all doing good too and being really brave, but not a hero which is good.
i am busy with my hobbies and enjoying them. i have never had so much time to do my hobbies as now as guiding takes alot of your time.
karen
Unread 10-21-2007, 05:50 PM

I also don't have my first post-op appointment until week 6. I had stitches that are dissolving; no staples or stitches to be removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallopinggram
mrswillie,

We have something in common - during my hysterectomy my l ovary was stuck to my colon (lots of scar tissue and adhesions) and as I still have a lot of pain in that area, I was wondering if scar tissue is forming again. I felt better for a few days, but have been having more pain in the area which was a problem before. My surgery was Oct. 8, so I am just at 2 weeks post-op. Does scar tissue from that rapidly? ALso was wondering if anyone has had a leaking incision, and what looks like string coming out in one spot? Uck! Of course I pulled on it gently and it is definitely connected to something internally. My first post-op visit to the dr. is scheduled for Wednesday, and I will be sure to bring these things to her attention!
Thanks for listening & I'm wishing everyone on this site the best for their recoveries!
I too had a leaking incision. Interestingly it is on the left the same side with the problems. Doctor has been checking it weekly and thinks it is ok, no infection. I don't know how quickly the scar tissue can form. I will be interested to hear what your doctor tells you. I would just rest and try not to worry about until the docotr visit unless you see pus or get a fever or anything. I hope all will work out fine. Keep us updated.
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyhair
Hi all,
Had a TVH, cyctocele, rectocele October 4th and everything went well for the most part. Still very tired but the big
problem is the pain in the bum!!! Can't sit for any length of
time without pain. The pain is also waking me up in the middle of the night. Anyone out there with the same
problem from a rectocele?

Also any suggestions on laxatives? The pain is much worse
before a BM. Wow, never thought I would be writing about this problem, is there any dignity left for us????????

I never had any other procedures done during my surgery but I've been having problems with pain when I go to the bathroom. For me, it's my abdominal muscles. I'm taking a stool softener cus I'm still on the percoset. But, I had a visit to the dr last week and she said to take the overnight laxative called "Senocot". It's an over the counter remedy. She said to take the lowest dose before I go to bed. I've taken it twice in the last week. It was very gentle and didn't make me have any gas pains and it's wasn't so aggressive so I didn't get the runs. I'm a bit worried to take it too often but on the two times I did, I was able to void everything at once so I only had the discomfort at one time and not several times throughout the day.
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Having Pain nearly 3 weeks post op

I was doing great after my TAH with repairs and bladder sling until a couple of days ago. I have developed a very sore area at the bottom of the labia. I am thinking it might be a yeast infection following on the heels of 10 days of keflex, but called the doctor who said it was probably just normal healing. I was almost off most pain killers last week, but have had to go back to hydrocodone and ibuprofen alternating every four hours...Any one else having the same predicament. It's causing crying spells and I was just so ready to be totally on the road to wellness...
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:51 PM

edistohouse,
Yes, I had the same experience. The pain was between the vagina and rectum for me, not between, but on each side, really. I hurt so bad, my doc got me into the office the day I called him. I could not sleep, or sit at all. It was normal, and everything looked like it was healing. I feel that it was pockets of blood or fluid, b/c it hurt to push on it. It you don't have an elevated temp, and there's no redness or heat in the painful area, I'd not worry about it.
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:56 PM

thanks idahonurse....i know on some level that it is probably normal....the pain just took me by surprise. Did you increase the pain medicine you were taking?
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:58 PM

And I hope you expressed your weight in kgs not lbs! That would be devastating!

Keep smiling!

Pam[/quote]

I am expressing my wt in pounds, girlfriend. I weighed 85.4 pounds this morning. It IS devastating. My doc doesn't seemed that concerned about it. I've lost about 8% of my body wt in the 2 weeks following surgery. Is this too much? I didn't have a lot on me to begin with. I'm not hungry and when I eat I feel nauseated and struggle to keep the food down. It has stayed down thus far, thank God.
Unread 10-21-2007, 07:07 PM

Holy cow idahonurse! I haven't weighted 85 lbs since I was in grade 6! And I'm slim! But I weigh in at 127 lbs and I'm 5'8" tall. I have been feeling a little nauseous after I eat but it is getting a little better. I don't eat a lot at one sitting. I'm having a bad day today, but that means I'll have a better day tomorrow.

I would be cautious about your weight loss. It should be something you want to discuss with your dr when you have your next visit. I've done things like trying to drink chocolate milk (I hate milk but it's got more calories and good stuff than water or pop). I'm also scheduling myself to eat. If I didn't...I probably would only eat once a day. I'm also among the ladies that are still shuffling instead of walking. I'm sure my appetite will pick up when I'm a little more mobile.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register