2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 300 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

I've just been catching up on the chores I didn't do this past weekend. It's still below zero here, but we're supposed to have a warm up starting tomorrow. BDS had BB practice. I'm making chicken for supper. I haven't decided how I'm going to prepare it.

I talked to my ODS last night. Their baby wasn't supposed to be due until the end of February. I think I mentioned his girlfriend is diabetic. At her last appt. they discovered the baby is already 8 lbs. and 3 oz. They are going to induce her on Thursday. If you don't mind, please say a prayer that everything will go well for her and the baby. Shes such a petite girl I worry about her delivering a baby that size. She's only 4'11" and pre-pregnancy only weighs a little over 100 lbs. The dr. is planning on her delivering vaginally. I talked to my grandson, he's excited about the new baby. They know it's a boy, so he's happy about that. We are going to visit them over the kid's spring break. I'll be excited to see my son, GF and my grandsons. It's been awhile since i've seen them. Hopefully after their new baby is here they will decide to get married. I don't lecture them about it, but they are stable and my hope is they will get married.

Well I need to go spend some time with LDS before we pick the kid up from school.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice and relaxing. I'm glad you've been able to get back to scrapbooking with your friends. Good luck and your PT and drs. appt. I hope all of your colds are better. Your DD is really doing well in school this year! That's great. I hope you have an enjoyable last week before going back to work.

Lisa and Jan I hope your week is going well so far.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2009, 03:25 PM

Hello ladies,

Well I think things should be better for the rest of the week. I am still at school right now. I am tutoring a student on Tues and Thurs until 4 and tonight I have to supervise a volleyball game so it will be a late evening getting home. DH is home today with GD. She got sent home from school yesterday with a fever. She is still not herself has a cough and it is one of those fevers that is going up and down. Not sure what is going on with her, maybe viral. We'll see in time I hope. I have been trying to stick to eating better but I am really hungry right now. I am going to try to avoid the snacks at the game and eat when I get home, but I guess that will depend how late the game goes.

Cindy I will say a prayer for your grandbaby. Medical technology is amazing these days so I hope all will be fine. It really is exciting for you. That is great that you will be heading to see them over spring break. That is not very far oof now. I know what you mean about hoping the kids get married. You have good willpower not to nag. I agree that is the best way to approach, but I still commend your self control because I know that is not easy.

Scrapper I am sorry your family got colds. I hope you feel better and can enjoy your last week off. I am glad DD is having such a great year. Your dinner sounds yummy. I vote for mashed potatoes.

Well I need to get the cash box for the game. Have a great evening!
Unread 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM

My day has not turned out like I planned, but I'm managing. This morning while I was taking my shower, I don't know what I did, but by the time I was done I could hardly get myself dried off and dressed. When I was shampooing my hair I must have turned wrong and pulled something in my back. It's right under my left shoulder blade. I am a mess right now. My head looks like it's all crooked on my shoulders. DH was off today, so he has been helping me out. I never made it into work, either I was planning on taking Thursday off, because I have to have my little oral surgery on Thursday morning, but it looks like I will have to go in and do some work on Thursday afternoon. Yesterday morning while I was at Target working my cell phone rang and it was the preschool asking if I could transport for the afternoon. She was in a real bind, so I agreed to do it. It was fun, but that put me behind for the beginning of the week and then today really put a crimp in my schedule. One of the drivers is having personal problems. She called me again this morning for this afternoon and I told her there was no way I could help out today. I plan on taking a strong muscle relaxer that I have this evening and hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow morning pain free. Today I've just been laying around on the heating pad and I'm ready to go crazy.

DH is over at the rental working right now. He was supposed to be off again on Saturday and yesterday his boss said he wants him to work on Saturday and he could have today off instead. I feel guilty not being over there helping him, but he understands.

Scrapper I'm sorry everyone has been not feeling 100%. I hope you start feeling better and enjoy your last week off. Your dd is doing great in school The cookie bars turned out great. They are almost all gone.

Jan I hope gd starts feeling better. Have fun at the game tonight. I hope the rest of your week goes quickly for you.

Cindy how exciting about your new grandson. I'll be thinking of them on Thursday. Matthew weighed 8lbs. 3 ozs and was a vaginal birth. My pre-pregnancy weight was 97 pounds, so she should be just fine. It wasn't an easy birth, but it was possible. How exciting that you will get to see them all over spring vacation.

I'm going to go and get back on my heating pad. My back is screaming at me right now

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2009, 08:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd pop on and was glad to see new posts. I ended up marinating my chicken in italian dressing, then I breaded them and baked them. They turned out pretty good. DH has a business dinner tonight, so it was just me and the kids. DH did pick up BDS from basketball practice before he went to dinner. That was nice, I wasn't looking forward to going back out. I'm going to read awhile before I head off to bed.

We have just had a rash of bad tidings lately. Our school secretary has been battling ovarian cancer since August. A friend of mines mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago. She has been in remission for the past 9 months, and two weeks ago the cancer recurred and has spread throughout her body. They have taken her off all medication and she is in hospice care. One of BDS's classmates' grandfather, who was just elected mayor of our town, was diagnosed with lung cancer last week. But on the bright side, DD's church lady friend has finally got to go home. Her kid's have been taking turns staying with her until they feel she is strong enough to be on her own. We see her at church on Sundays and she is just as chipper as she was before her illness. She does still have the trach, but that doesn't seem to get her down.

Well I'd better get to my book.

Jan I hope the volleyball game goes well. I have been trying to eat better as well, but it's hard. Thanks Jan, it is hard not to nag. When they had my first grandson, I did lecture and it did nothing but cause resentment. So I decided he's an adult now and I can't make him get married. He has to make his own decisions now. But I keep praying that they will. They do have a good relationship which I'm thankful for, I hope that doesn't change. I hope your GD feels better soon.

Lisa I hope your back feels better in the morning. That has to be awful. Especially as active as you are. Thanks for the encouragement. It makes me feel better to know that you did well with Matthew's delivery.

Sleep well ladies.
Unread 01-28-2009, 07:44 PM

Hi ladies,

You all must be busy. Today I was just so lazy. I did a couple of loads of laundry, but besides that I spent most of the day just spending time with LDS. It was time well spent, but I have been neglecting my chores lately. Tomorrow I have to get the house back in order. I made a pot of chili for supper. DH took DD out on a daddy/daughter date tonight. As a reward for her good report card he told her he would take her shopping and she could pick either a new outfit or a new pair of earrings. She hadn't decided yet when they left what she was going to get. I'm anxious to see what she chose. They aren't back yet and it's past her bedtime, but I guess one night won't hurt. I guess I'll read until they get home, then I will have to put her to bed. I'll probably be in bed shortly after.

I hope you've all had a good day.

Lisa I hope your back is better. Good luck on your oral surgery tomorrow.

Jan I hope things are starting to slow down for you at work.

Scrapper I hope you're enjoying your week.

Goodnight all.
Unread 01-29-2009, 01:04 PM

Hello ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm feeling a little better. I got some meds from my doctor on Tuesday so that has helped.

I had PT this morning. They have submitted an authorization for 4 more weeks. We will see what the insurance ends up approving. I got a call from the surgeon's office...they need to reschedule my appt for tomorrow. So I see him next Tuesday. They said it is OK to return to work on Monday.

I've been enjoying my last week at home. Pretty much just been relaxing, watching TV, working in my scrapbook room, etc.

Today after PT I went to put gas and stopped off at Wal mart. Picked up some shampoo, gel, etc.

Hyper - so what did dd end up picking as her reward? Thinking of ODS and family. Hope all goes well.

Lisa - hope your back is feeling bette.

Mrswillie - hope gd is feeling better and didn't end up getting worse.

Have a great day.
Unread 01-29-2009, 07:49 PM

Hi ladies,

I haven't heard from ODD all day. I'm getting a little anxious. I did call his house once, knowing of course they weren't home, just to remind him to call me and let me know how everything's going. I got my house cleaned this morning. I still have one load of laundry in the dryer. DD ended up choosing earrings. DH bought her a pair of birthstone earring. They are really pretty, she wore them to school today. I made soup and sandwiches for supper. I baked a chocolate cake today for dessert. I haven't had a piece yet. I just put the little ones to bed. DH and BDS are at slots. When I'm finished posting I'm going to slice a piece of cake and snuggle up on the couch and catch up on another episode of ER. Tomorrow the kids are off school at noon. I think LDS and I will get groceries in the morning before we pick them up. After we pick them up I think I'll take them for lunch. I have to take BDS to have his glasses adjusted. That piece of cake is calling me so I'd better go.

Scrapper I hope your insurance will o.k. another 4 weeks of PT. I'm glad that you are enjoying your last week off. It sounds like it's been a relaxing week.

I hope you all had a good day.
Unread 01-29-2009, 11:00 PM

I've been so busy the past 2 days, I haven't had time to even turn on the computer. My back is doing much better. Yesterday it was still tender and today it is hardly noticeable. I have been working at the preschool all week except on Tuesday when I couldn't because of my back. The other driver should be back on Monday and then I can resume my normal schedule. This week has really made me appreciate having only one job.

This morning I went for my little oral surgery and he ended up not doing it When I was there last time he had to file down my crown some because it was hitting high in one spot when I bit down. My tooth did do better after that, but the ache was still there when I would bite down. He checked the bite again today and it was still hitting in one spot. He filed it down some more today and so far I have not had anymore pain. I can't believe it will be that easy of a fix. I go back in 10 days to see him and hopefully that is all that will be needed.

Cindy I'm sorry to hear about all the people with cancer. It is a horrible disease. I'm glad that your dd church friend is doing so well. That is so cute that your dh and dd had a date night. I bet she is thrilled with her new earrings. I hope by morning you get great news from you ods that you have a new grandson I'm sure she is probably still in labor. Those big babies can take a long time to come out. I know from experience.

Scrapper enjoy your last few days off I hope your extra PT gets approved by the insurance.

Jan just one more day and then the weekend I hope tomorrow flies by for you and you get a chance to relax.

I'm off to bed now. Sleep well everyone
Unread 01-30-2009, 03:22 PM

Hi ladies,

Me and LDS went to my new grocery store after we dropped the kids to school. I bought the same items that I usually buy at my regular grocery and my total was $60.00 cheaper. I'm definitely going to make this my regular store. After we picked up the kids we took BDS to get his glasses adjusted and they discovered there was a crack in the temple piece. Luckily they're still covered under warranty so we are going to have the frames replaced. They're on backorder until Feb. 20th., so BDS will have to be really careful not to break the earpiece until his new ones come in. After that we went to lunch then to target. We had a nice time. The older two always like when they get to go. They are still young enough that they like to do that kind of thing. I'm tired now. I'm going to sit and relax for a bit until I have to make supper. I'm not even sure what I'm making yet, but since I just stocked up on groceries there is plenty of things to choose from. Well, I'll go for now. I may even take a 10 minute power nap.

Lisa you've had a busy week. I'm sure it was alot with the extra preschool job this week. I'm glad your back is better and I'm also glad you didn't have to have the oral surgery. That was a lucky break.

Jan I'm sure you're glad it's Friday. I hope you have some relaxing planned for the weekend.

P.S. I haven't been able to talk to my ODS yet. Wouldn't you know I forgot to take the phone upstairs last night when the kids were taking their baths. I cannot hear the phone when I'm up there. This morning I looked at my phone and noticed I had a call. The caller ID said no number, so I don't know if it was ODS. I forgot to ask him what hospital she was delivering at. I left another message on his phone today, so hopefully he'll have a chance to call me tonight.
Unread 01-30-2009, 07:53 PM

Hi Ladies,

I feel bad that I have not been able to post! Things have been really heating up in my building and GD has been sick and out of daycare all week. So there has been alot going on around here. We did end up using the crockpot all week. Now I am tutoring afterschool everyday but Wednesday. So I get home later. Tonight I got home sliced up some fruit, helped out with GD and then we had pulled pork sandwiches and tater tots. ODD took GD and DH and I went to watch YDD at poms. DH has to work tomorrow and we are both tired so it will be to bed for us very soon. Tomorrow I have cleaning and chores and Sunday DH is having people over for a super bowl party so I have to prepare for that. Not really my kind of weekend, especially with a cranky toddler, but we'll see how it goes.

Cindy I hope you hear from ODS tonight. I have a feeling no news means everything is going ok. I can't wait to hear that you have a new grandbaby. DD's shopping trip sounds nice. You were fortunate BDS glasses were still warrantied. I hope you had time for that power nap.

Lisa I am gald your back is better and that is great news about your tooth. I hope it is finally resolved. I am so glad for you that you get your normal schedule back Monday. I hope you get some time to be out in your beautiful yard this weekend.

Scrapper I am glad pt went well. that time sure flew by. I can't believe you go back Monday already! You sure have done wonderfully in your recovery.

Well Ladies have a nice evening. TTYL.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register