2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 301 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hello ladies!

Hope all is well. I'm doing much better and the silly stone is gone. Very weird experience though! Things have been so hectic this way. Work is like being in a weird horror movie, the kind where you don't know whether to laugh, cry or scream. I'm going to try to keep on laughing! We had an ice storm Monday and it's hampered a lot. I worked from home Tuesday, as my neighborhood was a sheet of ice! Wednesday things were better and today it's still melting off the side roads. I'm glad we didn't lose power like several people. I'm not into the primitiave living.

Lisa I'm glad your back is doing better. That can't be fun, especially coming on suddenly like that. Sounds like the preschool will always need you, which is good. I can't imagine working 2 jobs but the amount of time I spend at mine, seems like 2. That is great news about your tooth. Try relaxing this weekend although for you I'm sure that's really hard. Me, have no problem with it! LOL

Jan- I hope GD starts to feel better soon, maybe you'll be able to get to your chores but if not, my motto is oh well, they'll keep. Hope you find something easy to do for the super bowl. We're not having company, so I'm doing sandwiches and maybe a dip or 2 and that's it. You'd think I was like this great cook in demand or something but not hardly. Just don't like all the trouble!

Cindy- hope your ODS contacts you tonight and hope all is well with the new baby, I will be praying for you all. My son was 8'12" but I'm 5'8" so wasn't too bad for me. I can't imagine being tiny and having a big baby. I LOVE babies, they're like my most favorite thing in the world. Can't stand when they become kids though. I wish I could just rock babies all day long, that's what I want to do when I retire! Since I'm hitting the big 4-0 this year, I still have a ways to go before retirement.

Scrapper- I'm glad your therapy is going good. You have made a good recovery be sure to keep taking care of yourself!

Today was the funeral for my friend. It was very draining, lasted 2 hours. She was in the Air Force so there were a lot of military people there as well. It was a beautiful service to match her beautiful personality. My heart is broken for her mother, she has buried all 3 of her daughters now and is alone. Our church is good and will always be there for her but I know she'd rather have her baby back.
Well DH went to bed at 8:30 and I'm not close to being sleepy. I think I'll take a hot shower and relax in front of the tv. DH is off all weekend, a first since he started this job. Pray we don't kill one another...LOL

Sleep well ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2009, 10:55 AM

Hi ladies,

I finally talked to ODS last night. They didn't induce her yet. They did a test and the baby's lungs aren't developed enough yet. I think I mentioned she wasn't actually due until the end of February, so even though he's 8 lbs. he is a preterm baby. They are going to test his lungs again next Tuesday. Whenever the lungs are developed enough they will induce her. The fear is that in the meantime he will keep getting bigger. They have told her that they may have to do a c-section depending. I'll keep you all posted.

On a sad note, I mentioned a friend of mines mother in law had recurring cancer. She passed away last night. My friends son is in my DD's class at school. DD knew his grandma. She was very upset to hear that she passed. DH and I will be going to the viewing. I'm not sure when it will be yet.

BDS has a BB game at noon. DH took him. Coach called and said they might have to forfeit because 4 of his starters weren't going to be at the game. We'll see. I usually always go to the games, but it was a little chaotic not knowing if they were having a game. By the time coach decided they would at least show up and see what happens, I wasn't ready.

It is 36 degrees here right now. Like summer for us. I'm going to make tacos and spanish rice for supper. Since the weather is so nice, I feel like I should be outdoors to enjoy it since it won't last long. We'll see what DH has planned when they get back.

Jan you sure have had a busy week. I'm sorry GD is still not feeling well. I'm glad you were able to use your crockpot all week, that makes dinner much easier. Your weekend sounds busy, I hope you're able to find some time to relax. I know it's un-American, but we are not a football family. No super bowl parties here. DH might watch a little here and there, just to be informed.

Grateful I'm glad that stone passed and that you're doing better. How is the headache? Thanks for including us in your prayers. I hope you and DH survive the weekend.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 01-31-2009, 06:03 PM

Hi Ladies,

The house is clean and I am in the midst of the laundry. GD is still not herself but thankfully she took a nice long nap. That helped me get alot done. I made omelettes for dinner with english muffins. I haven't made anything for tomorrow yet. I am going to have taco dip and chips, chicken wings, and I was going to make chili, but DH insists he wants pulled pork again, so we will have that. I have no idea yet what I am going to serve with it.

Cindy I am glad you spoke to ODS. I will keep praying for the baby and his lungs. Allin all a c section isn't the worst thing if they have to do it. As long as they both come through healthy that is all that matters. I had a friend that had 2 c sections and in Oct she had a hyst. She said her c sections were much easier. I never had one so I don't know personally but alot of people do, and even have more than one. I am sorry about your friend's MIL. Your dinner sounds great. I hope you are having a good weekend.

Grateful I am glad the stone is history. I am sorry about your friend. I hope you were able to relax and get some sleep.

Well I am going to fold some laundry. Have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2009, 07:39 PM

Our weather here has taken a turn for the better. We are once again in the mid 60's I spent some time this afternoon in the backyard. I did some pruining and weeding. It was so nice being back there in the warm sunshine.

I slept in until 9 this morning. That was really nice. I was worn out last night when I went to bed. The next 2 weeks will be really busy at work with Valentines Day coming up. I hope the other driver returns on Monday to the preschool, because I'm not going to be able to help out that much next week if they need me.

Tomorrow dh works, but should get off by the time the super bowl starts. Today I made a spinach dip and a 7 layer bean dip. I'm also going to fix these jalapeno snacks that I have a new recipe for. DH will love those. The hotter his food, the better he likes it. I also bought some avocados to make some guacamole with. We'll just snack all afternoon and call it dinner.

Tonight we were going to have leftovers for dinner. DH walked in from work with dinner His boss brought him 2 dinners from a fundraiser that his sons wrestling team was having. It included tri tip, rigatoni, salad, green beans and a roll. It was really yummy. I made another batch of magic cookie bars today and between dinner and them I am stuffed right now.

Jan I hope that gd is doing better. Your menu for tomorrow sounds yummy.

Cindy I'll keep your sons family in my prayers for a healthy delivery next week. I'm sorry to hear about your friends MIL. I'm glad you're enjoying your warmer weather.

Grateful I'm glad that darn stone made an exit. I hope that things settle down at work for you. Just keep laughing

Scrapper enjoy your last couple days before you return to work.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Unread 02-01-2009, 06:49 PM

Hi Ladies,

Boy this weekend has gone fast. I am stuffed right now. I ended up serving the pork, taco dip, a veggie tray, a couple of different flavored chips our friend brought, and magic cookie bars. Yes Lisa you inspired me! I laughed when I just read you made another batch!! Your snacks for today sound really good. My DH likes things hot too, not me so much though.

GD wa ok during the day but she bacame so whiny and tired tonight that I put her in ed and read to her for an hour before she fell asleep. I sure hope she sleeps through the night now. I wish this cold would start getting better it is really making her crabby. Now YDD has the cold. I iagine we will allhave it before long.

Well ladies I can't believe it is almost time for bed. I hope you are having a great evening.
Unread 02-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Hi all,

We had a good day. We went to church this morning then out to lunch. We came home and relaxed. DH is so funny. He set the superbowl up to tape. He and BDS are watching all of the commercials. They are laughing in there. Every once in awhile they watch a little bit of the game. The other two took their baths and I put them to bed. Then I made the kids lunches for tomorrow. I got a call tonight. My sister was admitted to the hospital Friday morning with pain in her side. She has a mass on one of her ovaries. She is having surgery tomorrow to remove the mass and have it biopsied. I don't why they waited until today to call me. I hope it goes well and it isn't anything serious. Well I think I'll read for awhile before bed.

Lisa Your superbowl spread sounds good. I like spicy food. I'm glad you go to sleep in yesterday. I can imagine it will be busy for you at work with Valentine's day coming. I hope you're enjoying the superbowl.

Jan your spread sounds good as well. I'm sorry GD is still not over her cold and that YDD has it. I hope that they get over it soon and that the rest of you will be spared.

Sleep well ladies.
Unread 02-01-2009, 08:24 PM

Cindy I hope it isn't anything serious for your sister. I don't know how old your sister is, but if she is done having children I would say time for a hyst. Take it all out and then no more worries! I agree with your DH and BDS there were some funny commercials. Have a good evening sleep well.
Unread 02-02-2009, 03:54 PM

Hi ladies,

I just thought I'd pop in while my dinner is cooking. BDS was home sick with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I have a little bit of a sore throat. I hope it doesn't turn into anything worse. Today I worked hot lunch. DD has dance tonight. I'm making tater tot hot dish and a garlic bread baguette for supper. I haven't heard anything about my sister. I'm going to call my mom tonight.

Jan my sister is 40 and she did have a hyster 10 years ago, but kept her ovaries. When I had my hyster my doc left my ovaries too, but sometimes I wish she would have just taken everything. Then like you said, no worries in that area.

I hope you're all having a good day.
Unread 02-02-2009, 06:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

I had a busy day at work again, but I will say it went by really quickly. I noticed when I was coming home with GD that it was still light. It is starting to stay light noticably longer. That is a good sign for some warmer weather one of these days!

Cindy you won't believe this but we had the same dinner. I don't know if we put the same things in the casserole but I bet they are similar. Ground beef, mushroom soup, peas, tots. Great minds must think alike! I hope you and BDS feel better. I think GD is finally improving some.

Sorry I jumped to that conclusion about your sister and the hyster. I wasn't thinking. I know it is actually preferred to leave the ovaries. I was just thinking from my experience which was removing it all. I really hope that everything comes out ok for her. Maybe she will end up removing the ovaries and then it will be done for her.

I am starting to get tired so I think I am going to relax a bit. Have a great evening.
Unread 02-02-2009, 09:40 PM

I had such a relaxing weekend, I wasn't ready for it to end this morning. I didn't leave the house for 2 days. That was really nice. Today it was back to reality. It was nice not working at the preschool today. I guess the other driver returned because they never called me today. I enjoyed having my own schedule back.

DH is off tomorrow and Wednesday. He planned on working at the rental and continuing with his work on the shower. This morning the other renter called and said that one of the sprinkler pipes in the backyard broke during the night and that water was shooting up out of the pipe. She didn't know how to turn the water off back there and was at work in another town. I had to run over there and turn the main water line off until dh could get over there after work tonight. He just capped off the line and will go back over there tomorrow and fix it correctly. She also is having some problems with the toilet and then the light in the kitchen. It's a good thing he has tomorrow off. Hopefully he'll have some time to work at the other house on the shower, too. I'm going to do just one store tomorrow in the morning and I should be off by 11, so that I can help him out some.

We enjoyed the super bowl yesterday. The team I was rooting for didn't win, but it was a good game. DH loved the stuffed jalapenos I made. He said they were "the bomb" Doesn't take much to impress him.

Jan I'm glad gd seem to be feeling a bit better. Sorry ydd caught it. Hopefully it will bypass the rest of you. It's funny you made the magic cookie bars, also. We only have a few left. No wonder I feel like I'm gaining weight. I make all these goodies and usually it's just dh and I to eat them. I can't stand for anything to get wasted, so guess who ends up eating most of them???? It sounds like you had a nice celebration yesterday for the game.

Cindy I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Hopefully everything will be benign and she will have a quick recovery. I hope your bds is feeling better and your sore throat doesn't turn into something.

I need to go do my evening doggie duty. Then I'm going to lay in bed and watch some TV. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I woke up in the night and my back was killing me again, so it was a restless night after that. It was still very tender today. I don't really have time this week for it to be acting up, so hopefully a good nights sleep and it will be all better in the morning.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register