2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 306 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-19-2009, 02:22 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

We have a nice dry & sunny day today. So I'm going to take advantage and walk outdoors today during lunch.

This morning I cleaned my desk. I ws tired of the dust that had accumulated. I took everything off the top and now it looks nice and clean. I can function and get my work done.

Not much going on today after work other than taking dd to church choir practice. We decided last night that we would pick up Subway for dinner. Dd wants to get a footlong so she can take half of it for lunch tomorrow. She said she's getting tired of the food at school. She wants to eat healthier. I've taught her how to read the nutrition labels and to be aware of the serving sizes, etc. Since she has had her braces, she doesn't drink soda. If she does, she said that it tastes funny.

Mrswillie - hope things remain pretty calm in the absence of the principal. Glad to hear that the student is OK with the communication.

Lisa - same here...the pink slips go out next month for teachers and administrators. I know your son is feeling the anxiety of it all.

Hyper - brrr....too cold for me. BBQ chicken sounds good. We saw Coraline over the weekend and it was good. Not sure if LDS would be scared.

Well time for lunch...I pretty much eat at my desk unless I'm going out. Then during my lunch hour I take my walk.

Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2009, 06:51 AM

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday LDS and I ran our errand. It was so cold and windy. I made the BBQ chicken for supper. After supper I helped DD study for her social studies test she has today. I got a call from the eye doctor yesterday, my glasses are in. I have an appt. this morning to pick them up and while I'm there, they are going to give me the glaucoma test. We are going to have a simple supper, I'm going to make hot dogs, beans and chips.

Scrapper, I'm sure it was nice to have a dry, sunny day yesterday. I hope you were able to take your walk. I think it's great that you've taught your DD to read nutrition labels and so on. I agree, the hot lunches are not the healthiest. That's good that she is wanting to eat healthier. I am concerned that Coraline might be to scary for LDS. If we go see it, I think I'll take the older two and have DH take LDS out to do something else. After we see it and if I think it's appropriate for him, we can rent it whenever it comes out on DVD.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 02-20-2009, 09:23 AM

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday!!! I'm so glad it's Friday...I"m feeling really tired today. I had a hard time getting up this morning. My legs are sore from my walking.

Dd and I walked over to Subway around 5pm and it was still nice out. We enjoyed our dinner.

Dd didn't make it to choir practice last night. When she called me as I was driving home yesterday, she said that she had lots of homework and had to study for 2 tests today. I sensed that she was feeling a little stressed. So I called the choir director and told her that dd would not be going to practice because of all the homework.

We don't have much going on this weekend. I have to go get groceries either today after work or tomorrow morning. Tomorrow I have 2 of my good friends coming over for more scrapbooking time. I always look forward to any time I have to do scrapping.

On Sunday other than going to church not much. It's Academy Awards time...so I'll be watching them.

Have a great day and enjoy the weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2009, 12:25 PM

I made it through my hectic 11 days It feels so good to have some time off now.

I am getting ready to jump in the shower. Andrew and I will leave at 2 for the concert and I am so excited I hope we can find our way without too many wrong turns. Our seats are pretty close to the stage, so I am hoping to get some good pictures.

DH heard that his MRI is on Monday. He is off today and tomorrow and did very well this week being back at work. Hopefully the MRI won't show anything that the Dr. isn't expecting.

It is another beautiful day here. We are supposed to get more rain on Sunday, but I am going to enjoy tomorrow and maybe get the yards mowed before we get soaked again.

Srapper isn't this nicer weather a nice change? I hope your dd got caught up on her homework.

Cindy I hope your glaucoma check comes out okay today. Good luck with your new glasses.

Jan I hope you get to enjoy your weekend and relax.

I need to get in the shower and get ready for my day Can you tell how excited I am to be finally going to my concert? I'll check back in tomorrow with a full report. I don't expect us to be home before 1AM. I'll definitely be sleeping in tomorrow.

Have a nice day girls.
Unread 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM

Hi ladies,

I got my glasses this morning. I sent you all a picture, although I felt funny sending a picture of myself. They are no line bifocals and I am having a horrible time getting the hang of them. They told me to give it two weeks to get used to them. I hope I do. The doctor wasn't there to read my glaucoma test, but the gal who did the test said it looked like everything is o.k. They will call me to give me the results when the dr. looks at them. After I got my glasses I took LDS for a haircut. Tommorrow DD and I have a haircut appt. DH and I are supposed to go out for dinner with another couple tommorrow night. I have to get in touch with her to make sure we're still on. I hoping after church Sunday to get to relax a little. Next week is spirit week at school. They always have it the week before our BB tournament. The tournament starts next Friday. There will be a theme for each day. The kids have fun. And every year the 8th graders get to pick the daily themes. So BDS really liked that. After dinner I have to give LDS a bath. After DD and LDS go to bed I hope to veg out on the couch until I go to bed.

Scrapper you did get alot of walking in yesterday. I can't wait until the weather here gets decent enough to do that. I can understand DD's situation. My BDS and DD have alot of homework. Sometimes they have to miss BB practice or dance practice, because homework has to come first. Have fun scrapperbooking with your friends.

Lisa yay you! You finally get time off. I know you will have a good time at your concert. I can't wait to hear about it.

Jan I hope your week went well. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a good evening everyone.
Unread 02-20-2009, 05:05 PM

Hello ladies,

TGIF!!

Today was very busy. I was seeing kids, fielding problems for the principal, and writing follow up letters to parents of kids that have come in for grief assistance. I still have a whole bunch of stuff left for Monday and I have about 6 conferences scheduled Monday! Oh well it most likely will be another busy week, but I will be refreshed after this weekend. Tonight is senior night. We will go out onto the court and be introduced with YDD. I will get flowers and they will take photos of families. Odd and Bf are coming to watch her special senior showcase final routine.

Tomorrow I have some errands to run and in the evening I am going to a Trivia note fundraiser for the school foundaton. I will be in a group of 8 representing our junior high answering trivia questions. I think it will be a fun evening. Sunday I will do laundry, clen, and figure out some meals for this week.

Lisa have a great time at the concert! A very well deserved break for you. I hope things go well for your DH.

Scrapper I am impressed by your walking. I am glad you are keeping an eye out for DD's stress. Sometimes kids need parents to intervene like that. Your plans with your girlfriends sound fun.

Cindy I like your glasses they look great. I hope it doesn't take too long to get used to that prescription. I know the field of vision is a little funky for no line bifocals. You have to get used to moving your head around to move the field of vision into focus at different angles. I hope you get your relaxing time.

Well I have to get ready to go soon. have a great evening ladies!!
Unread 02-21-2009, 12:56 PM

Hi ladies,

DD and I are going to be heading out for our haircut soon. It snowed last night and we woke up to about 4 inches. I really am looking forward to spring. Another couple has decided to join us for dinner tonight. So we'll be going out with two other couples. It should be fun. Well I just wanted to pop in quick before we leave.

Jan thanks, I am getting a little more used to turning my head, but it will probably take me a little time to master it. Do you have no line bifocals? It sounds like you have a fun weekend lined up. I hope you had a good time at senior night. You're trivia night sounds like alot of fun. Let us know how you did.

Lisa I can't wait to hear about your concert. I'm sure you slept in the morning.

Scrapper have fun with your friends today.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:42 PM

Hi Ladies,

We had great fun at senior night. It is hard to imagine that 4 years are gone. I will email you all some photos from the performance.

This morning I woke up with a terrible headache but I took some advil and laid back down for about an hour and when I woke it was completely gone. I think it came from one of 2 things not really having enough sleep yet, or looking out the window and seeing all that new snow, lol.

I did not do all the errands I had planned today because of the snow. We'll see if I finish them tomorrow morning or wait until after work Monday. I will be sorry if I do that, but I don't like to stray to far in this weather when DH is 120 miles away, and my DS about 700 miles away. I don't really have much help for car troubles.

Cindy when I had all those glasses issues last year and when I went to the new eye dr who figured out that they had given me a prescription that was much too strong for me, the first pair of glasses they had me in were no line bifocals. This dr said I did not even need bifocals yet, and he is right because his prescription works well, I had no trouble getting used to it, and I never got a single headache. I know they are coming but he thinks it is at least a few years away. Right now I have single vision for distance. Your night out sounds fun. I hope you have a great time. I will let you know how trivia night goes. I will be shocked if we win because I know there is a table of teachers from the high school and a table of local physicians, one that is a huge trivia fan. My money would be on them to win the prize, but I expect we will have a good time.

Lisa I hope your concert went well.

Scrapper I hope you are scrapbooking away.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 02-21-2009, 02:03 PM

o.k. I haven't left yet, but I will be soon.

Jan thanks for the pictures. They are really good. Your DD is so cute. I really like your hair. It looks nice. Have fun tonight.
Unread 02-21-2009, 09:34 PM

We got home at 1AM this morning and I slept in until 9. I've been dragging all day today. The concert was awesome Andrew and I had such a great time. We got there with no problems at all. Coming home was a different story. Luckily, Andrew has a GPS on his phone, so that helped a bunch. Otherwise I would probably still be trying to find my way home. I have no sense of direction. I got on the wrong freeway and his GPS was telling us "You made a wrong turn" Duh, I realized that once I got on the freeway. Then I had to back track and then we finally got going in the right direction after one more wrong turn. We started heading back the way we had come from and I didn't even notice. Andrew was like "Mom, you need to make a U turn". I was so glad to be back in familiar territory as we got closer to home. I sent out pictures from last night. We had great seats and it was a packed crowd. It was worth the 10 month wait.

Today we went over to the rental and dh got the plumbling for the new shower installed. He is off next Friday and will start tiling. We need to go this week some time and pick out the tile. I'm thinking of going with some sort of grey tones. I can picture it in my head the way I want it to turn out. Hopefully it will be close to what I want.

Cindy I hope you adjust to your new glasses. On my glasses I just got the bifocals with the line. I had heard that the no line bifocals were harder to get used to. The only time I have to be careful with mine are going down stairs. One day at work I was coming down the stairs and missed the second to last step and went falling the rest of the way down. Luckily no one was around to see graceful me. I didn't get hurt, but since then I take my glasses off when I'm coming down stairs. Have fun tonight.

Jan I'm glad your headache went away. Senior night sounded like a lot of fun. It's amazing how fast those 4 years go. I'll be checking my email later and I can't wait to see your pictures. Good luck at trivia night tonight.

We are expecting more rain tomorrow. After we got home from the rental this afternoon I mowed the yards. They were finally dry enough. It felt good to be working outside. It was much cooler today and overcast. Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day. When we got to San Jose the thermometer on my car was reading 70 degrees.

I'm going to go and watch a movie with dh. I know I will be in bed earlier than normal tonight.

Sleep well girls.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register